You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £707.07).... profit from £5 games...+£95.00:

day 215  friday 16/1/15 2x£5 & 5x£3 LOST £21.50 B/R £685.57 PTS 92 £5 GAMES W 0 L 2 TOTAL W 323 L 249 PROFIT +£84.00

looks really bad on paper but ran pretty awful in truth, which as anyone that plays any on-line poker game knows can happen from time to time. still i guess it keep all the idiots that can't play interested, if they never won they would never play I suppose, so give them & sky a big pat on the back today for helping them out.... pat pat.
    Posted by devonfish5

Sorry dev, but i find your comments actually very offensive. just to clarify, every player that has lost to you and given you there money is "AN IDIOT" coz thats what u said there, people who cant play or earn "as much as dev" is an idiot?????

you then go on to say that stuatyy and hhy are idiots too.......?

seems to me that all the while you are winning you are quite happy, but as soon as you hit a bit of variance you throw your toys out of the pram, stamp your feet, and storm off in a huff saying "i cant be bothered to post no more" 

seriously i have enjoyed reading your blog, but i do not enjoy reading you getting your knickers in a twist and abusing pretty much everyone that has lost a game to you as being "IDIOTS

I hope your apology is forthcoming.....

regards
  • edited January 2015
    Im presuming I am the idiot who doesnt understand dym play.

Dev, I thought you were an ok chap. You dont seem to be able to live up to that mediocre standard at the moment.

Im sure it's a blip caused by tilt.

Hope you find your inner nice-chapness when you get over the bad-beats.

Until then, go get yer f-kin shine-box, tommy.

Innit.

Yours lovingly,
    Teddy.

• edited January 2015
    Oh dear. I tried to calm this thread down. #epicfail

Dont know whether diary has got to your play or results have got to your diary but this is all very uncomfortable reading.

Suggest you take a 24 hour break and read back before posting and consider that post very carefully.

Do onex2. idiots xseveral. Did you really mean those?

Are people really invading your world by posting on a public forum?

It should improve your game to open up to debate but you need to be open and accept people have different ways of viewing hands. At the end of the day you choose how you play. 

You also choose how to behave and there have been some bad choices today.

you probably hate everything i have written. So i guess i have nothing to lose by defending stuarty and hhy. Both read your posts and take time to comment with good intentions as far as i can tell. Hhy has a more forthright style but i have learned alot from him and you dont have to have played more hands than you in one format to be able to use a concept to propose an alternative view that you might learn from.

This is not meant to be an anti dev post. Its an honest view and i genuinely hope you 
    turn things around.

• edited January 2015

You're not the first one to post out of line on a Friday night Dev. 

Hopefully you'll also join the 'Saturday Morning Regret' club, make some apologies and move on from there. 

Unlucky on the tables today, plenty of action over the weekend to drag it back. 

gl. 

• edited January 2015
    Yeah all seems like it's got a bit out of hand.

Fwiw, the K8o instinctively feels pretty close to me but I aint done the maths and granted I don't play a lot of DYMs, I think if the villian is shoving as wide as he should be, it's a call.

Either way though, it's only a game and it's only advice, and generally good advice too. I used to post hands all the time in my early days and many a time, I'd get slammed for it but you gotta take it on the chin. If you're not willing to accept this kinda constructive criticism you will simply not get better imo, and it is a public forum afterall and people aren't trying to be nasty.

It was the people that slammed my play years ago, like Beaneh, that were the biggest help in me improving... sometimes you gotta just think 'if pretty much every good reg says X, then there's a good chance that it's not a case of me being right and everyone else being wrong'. Not saying be a sheep, but there are much better DYM players than you on here so take advantage of that rather than dismissing it. It's the way I got better, I knew who the really good players were, so I got talking to them and got all the advice I could from them.

Also, you don't have to be a DYM expert to give advice on DYM hands. The really good players haven't just figured out a particular format, they just understand poker and can turn their hand to any format pretty much.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00 : well it would to an idiot, i guess
    Posted by devonfish5
    This hand Dev you're on the bubble with 1.5BB the only thing non standard is probably that you only got 2 calls instead of 3!

Listen to all views, take them on board, if you have reasons to disagree then fine, state your case if you want to engage, simply no need to be rude to those taking an interest on your diary/plays.
  • edited January 2015

Dev you always come across really well mate. Tonight seems to be a bit of an off night!

If someone irritates you, best thing to do is ignore them.

The comment you made about players (bad) was really out of character for you.

It's not surprising there's been a bit of heat on the thread.

As someone else said though everyone can have an off night.

If running bad is getting you down, take a break and chill, and best not to vent in here!

All the best Dev. 

• edited January 2015
    In what might be a surprise move, I'm gonna defend Dev somewhat.

I don't play DYM's, that's no secret, so if you wanna dismiss anything I might say then that's cool. When I take issue is when people like Stu and Teddy take the time to give their thoughts and you just not only dismiss them out of hand, you also ridicule them. That is when you let yourself down.

You can call me what you want, I can take it and I don't think you mean what you say, but if you do then that's fine. If you think I'm an idiot then so be it, I've been called much worse! Just don't take things out on people who have helped you along the way, call me what you want but leave them out of it.

PS, post more hands ;)
  • edited January 2015
    day 216 saturday 17/1/15

...so another day in the sky poker madhouse....

so how do we play it today?

does the Perez show continue all drama & balls
    is it nasty Nick or Katy Price?
    let's have a think, nasty Nick I think, who want's to be nice.

I'm making no apologies, as Stuart puts it 'I've done nothing wrong'
    ok, so I've spoken my mind & ruffled a few feathers...so what
    hhy does it all the time.
    if you don't like it..tough I'm past caring way past caring what you think.
    if you come here giving me your b/s half the time then you're going to get it back...in spades.
    no diamonds no clubs & definitely no hearts.
    I came here on a mission & that's all that matters, the rest is just irrelevent.
    I've tried being nice but that only gets you so far these days, where it's now anything goes, it seems, which is a shame.
    I'll go about my business here, & finish the job, which is what it is, & always has been.
    I'm not replying to any individual posts as it just seems a waste of my time & effort right now.
    i'll simply press the 'ignore player' button to those of you who have nothing of any interest to say to me..
    & by the look of it that could be quite a few of you today. -:)

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00:
    Im sure your just having a bad day Devon mate Posting stuff like "Stuarty and hhy are idiots" is just not true.  Stuarty isnt an idiot :)
    Posted by gran23
    So hhy is then? -:)

ok, sorry hhy, couldn't resist that one -:)
  • edited January 2015
    14/6/14 - 17/1/15.

RIP Dev diary.
  • edited January 2015
    I stayed out of it last night. It was a shame, I do read this and take interest. We all have bad nights and I was prepared to give you the benefit but your conduct to others was worse to them than them to you and thats not acceptable.

Wether you care or not, you have lost a reader and any respect I had for you.
  • edited January 2015

The Billy Davies of sky poker! :D

• edited January 2015
    I stayed out of it last night. It was a shame, I do read this and take interest. We all have bad nights and I was prepared to give you the benefit but your conduct to others was worse to them than them to you and thats not acceptable. Wether you care or not, you have lost a reader and any respect I had for you.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    couldn't care less mate...
    even if you were the Sky Poker ambassador I wouldn't care less...
    who are ya.
  • edited January 2015
    day 216 saturday 17/1/15

1x£5 & 4x£3

LOST £0.70 B/R £684.87 PTS 109 £5 GAMES W 0 L 1 TOTAL W 323 L 250 PROFIT +£78.50

B/S HAND OF THE DAY SO FAR...£5 DYM
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    X
    Small blind   100.00 100.00 1945.00
    Geoff1421 Big blind   200.00 300.00 1778.75
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

CONNORO Fold        
    TINMAN75 Fold        
    X
    Raise   400.00 700.00 2665.00
    devonfish5 All-in   1945.00 2645.00 0.00
    Geoff1421 Fold        
    X
    Call   1645.00 4290.00 1020.00
    devonfish5 Show
    • K
    • K

X
    Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• J
    • Q

Turn

River

X
    Win Pair of Aces 4290.00   5310.00
  • edited January 2015
    Probably my last piece of poker advice to you m8.

If you think being coolered kk v aa is a bs hand then you need to take break.

If you cant engage with advice that doesnt agree with your view and dont think you have wronged people esp. stuarty and teddy then i guess my non poker advice has been wasted too. 

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00 : couldn't care less mate... even if you were the Sky Poker ambassador I wouldn't care less... who are ya.
    Posted by devonfish5

I THINK THE "IDIOT" HERE HAS SHOWN HIS HAND AND OUTED HIMSELF....maybe you should take a break and try improving your painting for a while until your tilt is over

Guys that have contributed to your diary and taken time out from there day to support you are most probably feeling like youre a bit of a "richard" to be fair

Also it seems you think you have a "right" to win because you hold pocket K's?? unlucky to shove into AA i agree but he had already told you he has a pretty decent hand by raising up pre-flop anyway. I have seen you on numerous occasions shove with trash and get lucky...the times i have seen you shove AQoff and beat KK,ak and large pp's I think its called variance dev, you dont seem to post these hands where you catch up and win in sometimes the most improbable way for us to look at and analyze, yet you post these hands where you assume people will respond with a "awww dev, such a bad beat, you are the king and everyone else shouldnt even be seeing youre large bets" well sunshine that aint gonna happen on a public forum

stay lucky

P.S  i hear that primrose oil is good for PMS

• edited January 2015

Symptoms of PMS

PMS or PMT?

The terms premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and premenstrual tension (PMT) are interchangeable.

There are more than 100 recognised symptoms that may be due to PMS.

Fortunately, most women experience only a handful of problems.

The most common symptoms are listed below.

Psychological

• Irritability.
    • Mood swings.
    • Losing your temper easily.
    • Loss of confidence.
    • Crying for no particular reason.
    • Aggression.
    • Poor concentration.
    • Tiredness.

Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/pms.htm#ixzz3P50r8RWO 
    Follow us: @NetDoctor on Twitter | NetDoctorUK on Facebook
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £684.87).... profit from £5 games...+£78.50:
    Symptoms of PMS PMS or PMT? The terms premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and premenstrual tension (PMT) are interchangeable. There are more than 100 recognised symptoms that may be due to PMS. Fortunately, most women experience only a handful of problems. The most common symptoms are listed below. Psychological Irritability. Mood swings. Losing your temper easily. Loss of confidence. Crying for no particular reason. Aggression. Poor concentration. Tiredness. Read more:  http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/pms.htm#ixzz3P50r8RWO   Follow us:  @NetDoctor on Twitter  |  NetDoctorUK on Facebook
    Posted by U_KNOW_ME

Psychological Irritability. Mood swings. Losing your temper easily. Loss of confidence. Crying for no particular reason. Aggression. Poor concentration. Tiredness

too funny for words #LOL#AKA TILT!!
  • edited January 2015
    Now the OP is saying, 'who are you' to players. My word, the arrogance on display here. No Mr Dev, who are you exactly. So far you've taken over 7 months to make £600 from DYM's, just over half way, and nothing special at all. I don't think the community has the appetite for another 7 months of this..
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £684.87).... profit from £5 games...+£78.50:
    Now the OP is saying, 'who are you' to players. My word, the arrogance on display here. No Mr Dev, who are you exactly. So far you've taken over 7 months to make £600 from DYM's, just over half way, and nothing special at all. I don't think the community has the appetite for another 7 months of this..
    Posted by The1stOfUs
    Speak for yourself ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Afternoon all, hey I didn't know you did painting Dev. 

Could I use yr services please, I'd like to commission a painting of my 'son' Harry :) still life, in watercolours perhaps.
  • edited January 2015
    Such a shame this diary has ended this way.

Hope everything is ok in your life Dev.  At the start of this diary I remember a time you folded KK pre without hesitation, now get upset loosing a hand?

Form is temporary class is perminant, 

I stopped my diary as felt the pressure to update. I only did a diary to help ME.  I was a nasty troll in 2013. Did diary in 2014 to manage my bank roll and try build bridges again.

I have read through and honestly believe the advise given is good and well intentioned.  You can't go being abussive, hhy is hhy, that's his style and why we love him.  Does not suit you and does not come across in same way.  Just be you, please don't become a troll

Run well

How is painting going?

• edited January 2015
    Dev

The big disagreement we had was when you said 22 played the said as 88. That was actually my hand and not yours.

Also

You gave Garylaud great advice on how to beat DYMS. What if he thrown it all back in your face and called you an id iot. 

Personally i think you have tilt issues especially yesterday when you had a losing day. These days happen to us all.

I hope to see you back and winning again, and sort any problems you may have on and off the tables.

Stuarty117
  • edited January 2015
    day 217  sunday  18/1/15

1x£5 & 1x£3

LOST £2.80 B/R £682.07 PTS 117 £5 GAMES W 0 L 1 TOTAL W 323 L 251 PROFIT +£73.00

can't win a race atm on the £5's but reaching the bubble most games so giving myself every chance of winning
    just need to ride it out right now along with all the off table b/s too.

@Samantha, thanks for the offer but I'm really not that good, so for your sake I better decline  -:)
    I only stared painting less than 2 yrs ago & it's just a fun hobby really more than anything.
    I do sometimes produce the ocasional 1/2 decent one though, much to my surprise, ha ha
    I do give them to family & friends if only to get rid of them -:)

@Nuggy, congratulations on the new arrival, you must be over the moon right now.
                 not done any painting for 6 months or so as I have a nagging RSI injury, caused from playing so much poker in challenge 1 in fact :(
    I even play poker with my other hand now so my good arm(left) gets as much rest as possible.
  • edited January 2015
    Yep, I often swap hands to mix things up a bit.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00:
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

You ever tried sitting on it, then it feels like someone elses arm
  • edited January 2015
    day 217  sunday  18/1/15 1x£5 & 1x£3 LOST £2.80 B/R £682.07 PTS 117 £5 GAMES W 0 L 1 TOTAL W 323 L 251 PROFIT +£73.00 can't win a race atm on the £5's but reaching the bubble most games so giving myself every chance of winning just need to ride it out right now along with all the off table b/s too. @Samantha, thanks for the offer but I'm really not that good, so for your sake I better decline  -:) I only stared painting less than 2 yrs ago & it's just a fun hobby really more than anything. I do sometimes produce the ocasional 1/2 decent one though, much to my surprise, ha ha I do give them to family & friends if only to get rid of them -:) @Nuggy, congratulations on the new arrival, you must be over the moon right now.              not done any painting for 6 months or so as I have a nagging RSI injury, caused from playing so much poker in challenge 1 in fact :( I even play poker with my other hand now so my good arm(left) gets as much rest as possible.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks mate

Yes very overwelmed! had my first dleepless night last night as little one was either too hot, too cold or too pooey! lol  

Wow that's so annoying for you! I got pleanty of sudocrem if need some haha
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00:
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

so youre like the ronnie o sullivan of the poker tables?
  • edited January 2015
    has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet.
    All the best
    Rainman397