You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00 : You ever tried sitting on it, then it feels like someone elses arm
    Posted by stuarty117
    A mannequin does a similar job too.
  • ommomm
    edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : whatever Stuart as usual you are right i am wrong...even though you come into my world here & sl*g my play off like that other idiot.
    Posted by devonfish5

Absolutely no point being in your own world and being lonely, that's what will happen if you talk to people the way you have, when you Come to your senses and apologise these guys will forgive you and you can get back to winning ways, just makes sure u don't take to long about it. 

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : Absolutely no point being in your own world and being lonely, that's what will happen if you talk to people the way you have, when you Come to your senses and apologise these guys will forgive you and you can get back to winning ways, just makes sure u don't take to long about it. 
    Posted by omm
    No apologies needed mate, I've spoken my mind & those that don't like it that's too bad.
    I love being in my own world & can do without idiots coming here & trying to spoil it...good bye to them I say.
    I could actually find your post quite offensive, you coming here telling me what I should do & I could ask you for an apology, but as you are simply speaking your mind, just  as I was, I'll let it go this time.
  • edited January 2015

Good on you Dev. I do read this thread every now and again. You are nearly 70% in reaching YOUR goal, playing YOUR way and recording it on here in YOUR chosen style. How YOU interact with others is also YOUR choice. There is a growing tendency just recently of a 'pack' mentality who turn up and work together in a feeble attempt to belittle/bring down people. Just ignore them and carry on doing your thing is the best advice.

It also amazes me greatly that some of these so called 'experts' who lecture others how to play every hand posted are actually losing players. Go figure.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00:
    The Billy Davies of sky poker! :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Aah Billy Davies

1. Get apppointed to a club with "ambition"
    2. Win the fans over by saying you will achieve that ambition and have a 3 year plan in place
    3. Go on a spending spree
    4. Get some short term success
    5. Results drop off and start to fall out with a few people
    6. Declare that problem is you were too successful and too quickly ahead of the 3 year plan
    7. Results get worse - blame the board for not spending (ie not trusting you with it anymore)
    8. Leave and get appointed to a club with "ambition"

Rinse/Repeat 
  • edited January 2015
    THANKS MAXALLY.... love you -:)
    dev
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00 : Aah Billy Davies 1. Get apppointed to a club with "ambition" 2. Win the fans over by saying you will achieve that ambition and have a 3 year plan in place 3. Go on a spending spree 4. Get some short term success 5. Results drop off and start to fall out with a few people 6. Declare that problem is you were too successful and too quickly ahead of the 3 year plan 7. Results get worse - blame the board for not spending (ie not trusting you with it anymore) 8. Leave and get appointed to a club with "ambition" Rinse/Repeat 
    Posted by Phantom66
    Now that does sound quite familiar!

Great manager, if only he wasn't completely and utterly bonkers!  I don't think anyone on Sky comes close to having as many issues as Wee Billy lol
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00:
    Good on you Dev. I do read this thread every now and again. You are nearly 70% in reaching YOUR goal, playing YOUR way and recording it on here in YOUR chosen style. How YOU interact with others is also YOUR choice. There is a growing tendency just recently of a 'pack' mentality who turn up and work together in a feeble attempt to belittle/bring down people. Just ignore them and carry on doing your thing is the best advice. It also amazes me greatly that some of these so called 'experts' who lecture others how to play every hand posted are actually losing players. Go figure.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    So you think Dev is correct to call anyone who has the audacity to beat him in a DYM an idiot? Or various members of the forum an idiot and to ''do one''?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dev, absolutely no surprise the only support you get on here is from him. Just be careful what you say around him is my only advice.

Keep digging.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Harry :)

Was just wondering what to write when your post popped up!

Dev..... MAXALLY has used YOUR thread, under the guise of givng YOU support, to slate my team. He doesn't like us coz we're naughty you see ;)

Glgl. I'm off to find a cure for this 'random use of capitals' thing i appear to have caught (its dangerous, or so i've been warned) Think beer may work....... :)

• edited January 2015
    Good on you Dev. I do read this thread every now and again. You are nearly 70% in reaching YOUR goal, playing YOUR way and recording it on here in YOUR chosen style. How YOU interact with others is also YOUR choice. There is a growing tendency just recently of a 'pack' mentality who turn up and work together in a feeble attempt to belittle/bring down people. Just ignore them and carry on doing your thing is the best advice. It also amazes me greatly that some of these so called 'experts' who lecture others how to play every hand posted are actually losing players. Go figure.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Just to provide a little balance here max. It seems you have history with the outlaws? So lets assume you and Hhy are never going to see eye to eye and look past that.

I can see as a casual reader of this thread where you might get the perception that there is an anti-dev "pack mentality", especially if you have only read the last couple of pages.

In truth the falling out started when dev commented in a thread stuarty had posted in the poker clinic, stuarty questioned Devs reasoning around treating 88 like 22. TeddyBloat backed up Stuarty with some ICM stats about shoving/calling ranges which Teddy is very knowledgeable on and made some excellent points. At that point no problem everyone has different ways of thinking about the game. 

I honestly believe that Dev took some comments personally in that spat that were in no way intended to be and it all got a bit out of hand. I tried to calm things down on here and failed miserably. 

I have been a long term supporter of Dev and his diary and he has been encouraging on mine and plenty of others too. I have nothing personally against Dev - just thought things were getting a bit out of order and was also a bit concerned that Dev may be tilting.

PS I am not an outlaw - everyone has the right to an opinion - you and Dev included. If you concur with Dev that Stuarty and Teddy are idiots and should do one then that's up to you. 

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00 : So you think Dev is correct to call anyone who has the audacity to beat him in a DYM an idiot? Or various members of the forum an idiot and to ''do one''? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dev, absolutely no surprise the only support you get on here is from him. Just be careful what you say around him is my only advice. Keep digging.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Isn't that your job?

• edited January 2015
    I'm also a long term supporter of Dev and his challenges. 

He's the type of player poker needs more of, loves the game, happy to grind away for an hour or so a night not aiming too high or getting carried away with how good he is or might become. Knows his limitations and wins a few quid from his hobby.

However, you can't or shouldn't be calling people idiots repeatadly imo. If it isn't against the rules of the forum then it should be. Ironically amongst these 'idiots' are probably some of the most intelligent poker minds on this forum (altho it aint hard ;)

An apology would have been the best solution, but as Dev seems adamant that it's not required, then I feel he should at least stop referring to people as idiots. 

Otherwise surely the mods should take some action. 

After all it is a poker forum, and the last thing we want idiots to do is realise that they're idiots and stop playing! ;)

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £684.87).... profit from £5 games...+£78.50:
    day 217  sunday  18/1/15 1x£5 & 1x£3 LOST £2.80 B/R £682.07 PTS 117 £5 GAMES W 0 L 1 TOTAL W 323 L 251 PROFIT +£73.00 can't win a race atm on the £5's but reaching the bubble most games so giving myself every chance of winning just need to ride it out right now along with all the off table b/s too. @Samantha, thanks for the offer but I'm really not that good, so for your sake I better decline  -:) I only stared painting less than 2 yrs ago & it's just a fun hobby really more than anything. I do sometimes produce the ocasional 1/2 decent one though, much to my surprise, ha ha I do give them to family & friends if only to get rid of them -:) @Nuggy, congratulations on the new arrival, you must be over the moon right now.              not done any painting for 6 months or so as I have a nagging RSI injury, caused from playing so much poker in challenge 1 in fact :( I even play poker with my other hand now so my good arm(left) gets as much rest as possible.
    Posted by devonfish5

I was joking, as if anyone would want a Harry painting ;) Good luck with it... it's something I'd prob try if I had the time.

• edited January 2015
    Posted by MAXALLY

Poker is subjective and that is part of what makes it a great game as you can have a number of views on hands. It is up to everyone to interact and do as they wish and I am not going to get into any of the DYM chat and arguments that have happened. Devonfish is an innovator and thinks outside the box and I am sure his results will back up his next level thinking. However extremely arrogant comments like this one

'i guess it keep all the idiots that can't play interested, if they never won they would never play I suppose, so give them & sky a big pat on the back today for helping them out.'

do nothing for the forum or anyone who comes on the forum. To have winning players we need losing players who play for enjoyment so berating their play is counterintuitive and serves no purpose.

While it is his diary, its sky's site and our forum so we shouldn't let people make such rude comments and do nothing as its bad for our site and our game.

• edited January 2015
    I havent nothing to weigh into the arguement and like all 3 of the guys involved but would just like to ask for a line to be drawn under it and lets all move on, this is one of my favourite diaries and while this has been quite entertaining its time for everyone to move on.
  • edited January 2015
    ive been on this site a couple months now, im learning the game,this so called "winning player" is calling me an idiot...not only me but pretty much every new person that joins this site and may win the "odd" game through getting "the nuts"  there is now another "winning player" coming on and saying this behaviour is acceptable, encouraging more of this rude, arrogant, childish talk from a fully grown man, aggreeing that no apology is needed... really? so all you winning players think us "noobies" are idiots do you? i also find it a little upsetting that sky staff has not once given there opinion on this...they seem to have opinions on other posts i have noticed, but then again maybe "SKY POKER" also agrees that us losing players are idiots because from where i am sitting they are certainly condoning it to the full extent. 

DEV...youre achievments are inspiring, what a shame youre attitude stinks and youre diary has become somewhat of a laughing stock now.... maybe a few of these "above average" players may come teach you a lesson in your chosen games soon
  • edited January 2015
    a little harsh Matt although i see where you are coming from. 
    dev can be a little thin skinned somewhat jac like.
    I'm sure he genuinely felt under attack even though an external viewer might feel otherwise. and his reaction therefore more emotional than rationale. 
    and although it might not justify his response it helps to explain it. 

I'm sure most posters here would like dev to continue with this thread as if none of this happened. demanding apologies etc isn't the best way forward. peeps make mistakes. forgive and forget i say.  

• edited January 2015
    a little harsh Matt although i see where you are coming from.  dev can be a little thin skinned somewhat jac like. I'm sure he genuinely felt under attack even though an external viewer might feel otherwise. and his reaction therefore more emotional than rationale.  and although it might not justify his response it helps to explain it.  I'm sure most posters here would like dev to continue with this thread as if none of this happened. demanding apologies etc isn't the best way forward. peeps make mistakes. forgive and forget i say.  
    Posted by GELDY
    Don't agree with this. Today he has once again called people idiots, so its not some spur of the moment lash out as we are now 3/4 days down the line.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00 : Don't agree with this. Today he has once again called people idiots, so its not some spur of the moment lash out as we are now 3/4 days down the line.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    your post holiday meltdown lasted a week or so though .........  (not that you noticed it!)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00 : your post holiday meltdown lasted a week or so though .........  (not that you noticed it!)
    Posted by GELDY
    Care to elaborate on this ''meltdown''?
  • edited January 2015
    ive been on this site a couple months now, im learning the game,this so called "winning player" is calling me an idiot...not only me but pretty much every new person that joins this site and may win the "odd" game through getting "the nuts"  there is now another "winning player" coming on and saying this behaviour is acceptable, encouraging more of this rude, arrogant, childish talk from a fully grown man, aggreeing that no apology is needed... really? so all you winning players think us "noobies" are idiots do you? i also find it a little upsetting that sky staff has not once given there opinion on this...they seem to have opinions on other posts i have noticed, but then again maybe "SKY POKER" also agrees that us losing players are idiots because from where i am sitting they are certainly condoning it to the full extent.  DEV...youre achievments are inspiring, what a shame youre attitude stinks and youre diary has become somewhat of a laughing stock now.... maybe a few of these "above average" players may come teach you a lesson in your chosen games soon
    Posted by U_KNOW_ME
    I am sorry that you have had to experience this as a relatively new player to the site. Rest assured the vast majority of Sky players are friendly sociable people. Please don't let some of the posts on this thread cloud your enjoyment of the game and the site.

I am not a mod but I'm also slightly surprised that nothing has been done by those in charge.

Run well and enjoy the game. We're not all idiots!

• edited January 2015
    day 218 monday  19/1/15 day off
    day 219 tuesday 20/1/15

so members in the recently formed Dev's Ignore Player Club are;
    hhy
    stuarty117
    phantom66
    the1stofus
    samantha25
    uknowme
    omm
    teddybloat
    lambert180
    craigsg1
    vinny67
    enut...new member, just joined..please make him feel welcome.
    waller02
    jac35

so to all you players, you can chat away as long as your hearts are content...'coz I can't here you.
    or to be more precise can't see you. you all have nothing of any interest or of any help to me that I wish to here so please feel free to come here & carry on amongst yourselves.
    anyone else wishing to join the club may do so by simply telling me exactly how badly I might play a hand, or by trying to belittle me in any shape or form, as have the above in one way or another.

If it helps I will apologise for calling hhy & Stuart 'Idiots' & to anyone else too. so sorry for that.
    and to all the losing players I referred to as 'idiots' also.

I speak my mind & ok i can go a little truthful sometimes which of course none of you do as you are all to frightened to say what you really think, especially when it comes to Sky Poker, but hey, you can take or leave it & if you don't like it, tough, just stay away &  go & read some other boring thread.
    So there you are, I've apologised, get over yourselves & move on.
  • edited January 2015
    day 218 monday  19/1/15 day off day 219 tuesday 20/1/15 so members in the recently formed Dev's Ignore Player Club are; hhy stuarty117 phantom66 the1stofus samantha25 uknowme omm teddybloat lambert180 craigsg1 vinny67 so to all you players, you can chat away as long as your hearts are content...'coz I can't here you. or to be more precise can't see you. you all have nothing of any interest or of any help to me that I wish to here so please feel free to come here & carry on amongst yourselves. anyone else wishing to join the club may do so by simply telling me exactly how badly I might play a hand, or by trying to belittle me in any shape or form, as have the above in one way or another. If it helps I will apologise for calling hhy & Stuart 'Idiots' & to anyone else too. so sorry for that. and to all the losing players I referred to as 'idiots' also. I speak my mind & ok i can go a little truthful sometimes which of course none of you do as you are all to frightened to say what you really think, especially when it comes to Sky Poker, but hey, you can take or leave it & if you don't like it, tough, just stay away &  go & read some other boring thread. So there you are, I've apologised, get over yourselves & move on.
    Posted by devonfish5

Well that's probably the most insincere 'apology' I've ever read. Not worth you writing it IMO.

As to the Dev's Ignore Player Club I respect a lot of the players on that list so would be grateful if you could add me too, although I suspect you were probably going to do so anyway as a result of my previous comment.

Once you have most of the Sky Poker community on your list it may hammer home the fact that you have not handled this well, although I suspect not. 

p.s. I am a winning player and also, I presume, an idiot.
  • edited January 2015
    Whats the appeals process?
  • edited January 2015
    OK - I give up - I tried.

I agree with Enut - Saying "If it helps I will apologise" and then claiming to "have apologised" isnt really an apology. Apologies should be in the present tense, I am sorry...

Even non-members of the Devs Ignore Player Club have urged Dev to do this and move on.

I'll just have to wear my #DIPC badge with pride I suppose.

• edited January 2015
    Can I propose a nice watercolour of the DIPC members?
  • edited January 2015
    day 218 monday  19/1/15 day off day 219 tuesday 20/1/15 so members in the recently formed Dev's Ignore Player Club are; hhy stuarty117 phantom66 the1stofus samantha25 uknowme omm teddybloat lambert180 craigsg1 vinny67 so to all you players, you can chat away as long as your hearts are content...'coz I can't here you. or to be more precise can't see you. you all have nothing of any interest or of any help to me that I wish to here so please feel free to come here & carry on amongst yourselves. anyone else wishing to join the club may do so by simply telling me exactly how badly I might play a hand, or by trying to belittle me in any shape or form, as have the above in one way or another. If it helps I will apologise for calling hhy & Stuart 'Idiots' & to anyone else too. so sorry for that. and to all the losing players I referred to as 'idiots' also. I speak my mind & ok i can go a little truthful sometimes which of course none of you do as you are all to frightened to say what you really think, especially when it comes to Sky Poker, but hey, you can take or leave it & if you don't like it, tough, just stay away &  go & read some other boring thread. So there you are, I've apologised, get over yourselves & move on.
    Posted by devonfish5

I think this could be the problem, they do... and you don't like it. 

Anyway, still wish you well in poker and yr hobby. I am not bitter.
  • edited January 2015
    'coz I can't here you. or to be more precise can't see you. you all have nothing of any interest or of any help to me that I wish to here so please feel free to come here & carry on amongst yourselves.
    Posted by devonfish5
    This imo is in the root of it all.

Lots of people are giving you lots of good advice but as you say, you just don't wanna hear it. You're well within your right ofc to do whatever you want, but you seem quite ambitious and as a means of improving that's a pretty bad/counter-intuitive attitude.

This isn't a dig (because you are winning and that's better than 90% of players) but you're not crushing the games you play and to get to a stage where you are totally on your own without help from anyone is gonna be nigh on impossible imo... I guess it's up to you what you want from the game.

Either way, best of luck, hope you just open your mind up a bit to suggestions from others.

P.S. no idea why I'm even on your list lol.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £682.07).... profit from £5 games...+£73.00 : This imo is in the root of it all. Lots of people are giving you lots of good advice but as you say, you just don't wanna hear it. You're well within your right ofc to do whatever you want, but you seem quite ambitious and as a means of improving that's a pretty bad/counter-intuitive attitude. This isn't a dig (because you are winning and that's better than 90% of players) but you're not crushing the games you play and to get to a stage where you are totally on your own without help from anyone is gonna be nigh on impossible imo... I guess it's up to you what you want from the game. Either way, best of luck, hope you just open your mind up a bit to suggestions from others. P.S. no idea why I'm even on your list lol.
    Posted by Lambert180

Left the toilet seat up, at a guess....

• edited January 2015
    absolutely hilarious!!!! im on the naughty list for laughing and finding it amusing a post regarding pre menstrual stress!!!! sorry dev but lately you are stuck up your own backside son, waltzin around like some big shot, arrogant enough to think only you can be right. i pity your family if this is the way you act in real life amongst them.

tell ya what tho dev, why dont you put all your losing days onto the ignore list as well and that way you can end this self absorbed,ego massaging ,attention seeking diary of yours and leave the forums once more to go about your obviously sad little life. 

idgaf that im on your naughty list, but i do find it hilarious that the guys that were actually giving you advice you have been so arrogant to have dismissed there advice and to now "mute"them...you remind me very much of gary laud who asked for your advice, you gave him lots of your time and energey and then he threw it back in your face by not listening and doing nothing that you had advised him to do (i.e going to make a cup of tea in the middle of a game and not returning for 20 minutes)

anyway, stay in your self absorbed little world, finish your little diary and press the ignore button to everyone that disagrees with you. just to end tho i would really like to show you all the reason im divs little naughty list......because i found amusing the following......

There are more than 100 recognised symptoms that may be due to PMS.

Fortunately, most women experience only a handful of problems.

The most common symptoms are listed below.

Psychological

• Irritability.
    • Mood swings.
    • Losing your temper easily.
    • Loss of confidence.
    • Crying for no particular reason.
    • Aggression.
    • Poor concentration.
    • Tiredness.
    i particularly laughed at the "crying for no particular reason" symptom

L O L