You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today...

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today...:
    29 left, down to 5 tables now. Average stack is now just over a milly, & blinds are 12k/24k/3k, so about 40 Bigs. Plenty of play, really. I thought this might finish quite early. I think I thought wrong.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    What are the first numbers in the list of players left representing? Guessing 2nd column is table number
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : What are the first numbers in the list of players left representing? Guessing 2nd column is table number
    Posted by Matt237
    No, the first column is their Table Number, the second column is their seat number.

But the players are moving tables a fair bit now as the exits continue.
  • edited August 2014
    Ul Jac but vwp on cashing, paid for the weekend and you get a UKPC flag :) RE: selling action, it's been advertised from day 1 that the top 50 in the mini would get a main event seat so it should deffo have been discussed before selling the action imo. If it hasn't been discussed then there really is no obligation to any of the above options imo, and it just comes down to how nice/generous the horse wants to be but I don't think he HAS to give anything.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Obviously should have been discussed before.

However, It is taken from the prizepool so that's the obligation, the only consideration is whether % is carried over or investors are paid out.
  • edited August 2014
    thanks for the info Tikay on the staking issue, and others who replied. I genuinely didn't know you had written that post only a few days ago. Strange how my thinking is similar to yours. Or to put it another way Oh ****, I'm turning into Tikay, pass the medication.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Spooky, eh?

In truth, I started that thread as I had been discussing the matter privately with a friend, & so I wanted to demonstrate the various views & opinions.

I do a lot of staking (buying action in others) but I've never had any disputes, as I only stake people I trust implicitly & who I know will act properly. I don't even mind whether the "follow-on" is included or not, as long as I know in advance, & I can make my decision based on that.

In the case of the 6 Max Mini, if we don't get the follow-on action, we are, in effect, paying quite a big mark up. (I generally only buy at "spot"). 

But some staking is different, its not about numbers or money, it's about kinship with friends, & having a fun sweat, or vicarious interest in something I can't play.  
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Obviously should have been discussed before. However, It is taken from the prizepool so that's the obligation, the only consideration is whether % is carried over or investors are paid out.
    Posted by MattBates

Short & sweet, as was your reply.  
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Obviously should have been discussed before. However, It is taken from the prizepool so that's the obligation, the only consideration is whether % is carried over or investors are paid out.
    Posted by MattBates

I only recently found out it came from the PP, thought it was added value from Sky/DTD. Seems a bit off to me to take such a huge chunk of the prizepool out of the traditional payouts, 50k 'missing' from a 150k PP has a pretty huge affect on payouts.. I guess you know what you're buying in to before you do like so its up to the player. So yeah if its from PP suppose u gotta give 50% of something, whether its the £500 or 50% action

• edited August 2014

Firstly, Ryan, who had been dribbling a bit (at this stage, they are often 4 or 5 handed, so it gets expensive to sit still) doubles up.....

But then, just when you thought everything was going so well......
  • edited August 2014

He plays A-10 in a most peculiar limp/raised pot.

It comes Q-5-4, but he continues, as you do.

The turn came a Jack, Matey Boy bet, Ryan, with his airball plus gutterball re-raised, & matey Boy came along.

The river was the ultimate gin card, an offsuit King.......

But wait......
  • edited August 2014

Matey Boy had also done a.....

....as the poor fella had 9-10, for the bad end of the straight.

Good job THAT was not online!

• edited August 2014

So Ryan, who returned today with  just 105,000, is now north of 3 milion, & right up with the Chip Leaders.

Chuffed to bits for him. There are few nicer or more genuine people in poker, honestly.  

• edited August 2014

Ryan is FLYING.

• edited August 2014

22 left.

Some of the stacks are mountainous now, & the blue 100,000 denom chips are on play.

Folks such as Ryan, Stu Fox, Wadey, are all experienced at this late stage play, & they'll be a right handful now.

Stu Fox is probably over 4 milly now.

• edited August 2014
    Hi Tikay, appreciate the updates. Question for you. If A sells 50% of his action in the mini and then wins a seat into the main worth £1000, does he owe  a) 50% of his mini cash b) 50% of his mini cash plus £500 c) 50% of his mini and main cashes Just hypothetical but wondered what the 'correct' answer is, if nothing specific was said beforehand. Keep up the good work.
    Posted by dragon1964
    Interesting spot here.

Mr Smith is playing in both the main and mini at the UKPC.  To cover costs he has sold 60% of his action in both but to all different people.  Mr Smith then comes in the top 50 of the mini.  Does this mean he has innadvertantly sold 120% of his action in the main?
  • edited August 2014

Someone just tried to make a move on Wadey. Generally, that's not to be advised. And so it proved. 

21 left.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Interesting spot here. Mr Smith is playing in both the main and mini at the UKPC.  To cover costs he has sold 60% of his action in both but to all different people.  Mr Smith then comes in the top 50 of the mini.  Does this mean he has innadvertantly sold 120% of his action in the main?
    Posted by cenachav
    If he is already in the main, would he not be awarded the £1000 to cover the cost of the seat.
    And the mini backers would be entitled to a share of that instead.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Interesting spot here. Mr Smith is playing in both the main and mini at the UKPC.  To cover costs he has sold 60% of his action in both but to all different people.  Mr Smith then comes in the top 50 of the mini.  Does this mean he has innadvertantly sold 120% of his action in the main?
    Posted by cenachav
    My head has just caved in.
  • edited August 2014

Carnage time.

18 left.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : My head has just caved in.
    Posted by gogogadget
    Ha, mine too.

There are so many possible answers to this one.

Mr Smith needs to be honest with everyone first, & explain the mess he has inadvertently caused.

• edited August 2014

Have to say, have enjoyed this thread today, with all sorts of follks popping up with random questions.

Don't be shy, keep them coming.

When the Main Event starts on Tuesday, it'll be Tighty & his regular valet Photos, & you don't want THAT, do you?

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    the final 3 tables
    11 1 Stephen Powell
    11 2 Mazalahedwa Bako
    11 3 Rupinder Bedi
    11 4 Basharat Mahmood
    11 5 David Lloyd
    11 6 Anonymous
    12 1 Raj Dhiri
    12 2 Stuart Fox
    12 3 Mike Cummings
    12 4 Waheed Ashraf
    12 6 Simonas Baltrusaitis
    13 1 Sean Randall
    13 2 John Rhodes
    13 3 Dewi James
    13 4 Ryan Spittles
    13 5 Yvette Smith
    13 6 Paul Dawkins
    and exits
    18 Leon Loukaides
    19 Brahim Hajji
    20 Sarbjit Kular
    21 Kevin Wheeler
    22 Tamer Kamel
    23 Anonymous
    24 Charles Akadiri
    25 Joseph Tully
    26 Terry Jordon
    27 Jonathan Cooper
    28 Abigail Louthan
    29 Scott Coleman
    30 Mark Hitchens
    31 Wesley James
    32 Mark Mccluskey
    33 Richard Blacklock
  • edited August 2014
    Hi TK,
    REALLY enjoying the updates.   Q.  Anonymous - Is there a reason?  Just wondering.

P.S.  on "concrete" matters. I was on holiday recently and was on a guided tour.  On the tour the guide said, "Folks, you are in the largest unreinforced concrete structure in the WORLD!"   WOW I thought, TK would love this!  
    Any ideas where it was TK?  I've changed what she said slightly so as not to give away too much.
  • edited August 2014

Great posts old man good luck to Dewi and scotty. 

Have you played any cash and how did you do?

Will call by on Tuesday to say hello may play the PLO

Have to fly. 

Dai
  • edited August 2014
    If Anonymous wins how's that going to work?
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    You can ask to be anonymous at DTD on their system. This might be for a variety of personal reasons. For example not wanting your name to be associated with poker on google

If they win, they remain anonymous. 

Some tours ask each player to fill in forms before playing waiving the right to anonymity, if they refuse to sign they don't play

Sky/SPT/UKPC don't, currently
  • edited August 2014

Might just happen - Mr Anon is currently chip leader.

PS - This is NOT him, it's just a likeness.

• edited August 2014
    Great posts old man good luck to Dewi and scotty.  Have you played any cash and how did you do? Will call by on Tuesday to say hello may play the PLO Have to fly.  Dai
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Really grateful for the loan of the camera Dai, thanks m8. I can't use it like, I seem to get blurred photos all the time. I thought it was the camera, but someone else took a photo with it & it came out crystal clear. Oops. 

The PLO cash? Don't go there. I say, DON'T GO THERE.

We were playing 4/5/6, mostly 5 or 6. Don't think I hit a set, house or made a flush in 2 days. It was incred. It goes that way sometimes, just have to sit there, grin & bear it.  Was a good game to sit in, too, only 1 or 2 tough spots, but I could not get anything going. Quite frustrating, as I rarely get the chance to play 4/5/6 Omaha Cash, & the game was not silly, it was affordable.

Anyway, I'll give it a miss tonight & follow the Mini to it's conclusion.

Thanks for reminding me. Mate.......;) 

• edited August 2014
    Might just have to sub 2 of my fantasy picks for the main for the anon twins ;-).