You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today...

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today...:
    Might just happen - Mr Anon is currently chip leader. PS - This is NOT him, it's just a likeness.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is Mr Anon really Richard Orford trying to get it quietly?
  • edited August 2014
    Well played to Wes, good bloke and made up he got a deep run going.

And of course best of luck to Ryan, would be great to see him take it down.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi TK, REALLY enjoying the updates.   Q.  Anonymous - Is there a reason?  Just wondering. P.S.  on "concrete" matters. I was on holiday recently and was on a guided tour.  On the tour the guide said, "Folks, you are in the largest unreinforced concrete structure in the WORLD!"   WOW I thought, TK would love this!   Any ideas where it was TK?  I've changed what she said slightly so as not to give away too much.
    Posted by Glenelg
    "in"?

So you were INSIDE it? As opposed to "on" it?

If you were "on" it, I'd say it was a bridge in Washington DC.

If you were "in" it, then I don't believe it is the biggest, but I reckon it was the biggest unreinforced concrete DOME, in Rome, The Pantheon. (With a little help from google....) 

Interesting question.   
  • edited August 2014
    Well played to Wes, good bloke and made up he got a deep run going. And of course best of luck to Ryan, would be great to see him take it down.
    Posted by TommyD
    Tommy refers to Tennis Bloke Ivanovic.
  • edited August 2014

The only remaining young lady, Yvette Smith, just got a full 2xUp in quite surprising fashion.

She raised with Ac Ks, & it came K high, 3 clubs!

She bets, Paul Dawkins, who had flatted her open pre, flats again.

Turn was the fourth club. Ring that bink bell Mother.

She bets again, Paul now moves all-in, with K-Q (both red, drawing dead), & Yvete obv makes the call.

Nice. I say, nice.  

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : "in"? So you were INSIDE it? As opposed to " on " it? If you were "on" it, I'd say it was a bridge in Washington DC.   If you were "in" it, then I don't believe it is the biggest, but I reckon it was the biggest unreinforced concrete DOME, in Rome, The Pantheon. (With a little help from google....)  Interesting question.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah thats the one AWESOME structure.
  • edited August 2014

Yvette claims another scalp, busting Dewi.
  • edited August 2014

Wheel comes off.....

Ryan just had a bit of a disaster.

He had 8-8 on a flop of 3-4-5, & bet out. Paul Dawkins shoved all-in on him, Ryan called.

Paul had the old A-2 for the wheel.......

Ryan has about 12 Bigs. He'll get busy PDQ.
  • edited August 2014

Meanwhile, on an adjacent table, a 3 way pre-flop all-in, A-K, v K-9 v 8-8, board A-K-7-2-2.

Need to go do a head-count, but I think that takes us to 12 players on 2 tables.

• edited August 2014

Instant double-up for Ryan, lol, back up to around 20 Bigs. Perfectly playable, though his new seat is next to Rupinder Bedi.
  • edited August 2014
    Do we know the payouts for the top 12 please?
  • edited August 2014
    Do we know the payouts for the top 12 please?
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose,

They are....

10th - 12th £900

9th £1,125

8th - £1,450

7th - £1,850

6th - £2,500

5th £3,750

4th £5,450

3rd £7,750

2nd £13,000

WINNER £20,000

They also all get a £1,000 Main Event Seat, & the winner gets a Silver Bracelet.

If one of the Final 6 make the Final of the Main, they win a Mini, too. (T & C's apply).
  • edited August 2014

George Bedi busts in 12th, his A-K failing to improve v 9-9.
  • edited August 2014
    Really enjoying following this good luck Ryan .  Wish I could have been there but  had other commitments. So I consoled myself by washing all the concrete items in my back garden
  • edited August 2014
    Really enjoying following this good luck Ryan .  Wish I could have been there but  had other commitments. So I consoled myself by washing all the concrete items in my back garden
    Posted by karlluke
    omg thats Mr K's idea of an adult movie!!

lots of run good to Ryan

Mother

xx
  • edited August 2014
    btw Mr K do you know if DTD are live streaming the final table?

Mother

xx

• edited August 2014
    Posted by karlluke
    Thanks Tina, glad you enjoyed it.

If its not too personal, tell me about your concrete items.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : omg thats Mr K's idea of an adult movie!! lots of run good to Ryan Mother xx
    Posted by Amarie
    Well if we break up concrete, we do get hardcore.......
  • edited August 2014
    btw Mr K do you know if DTD are live streaming the final table? Mother xx
    Posted by Amarie
    Yo Mother,

No, it will not be Live Streamed.

DTD do not generally do Live Streams any more. Not cost-effective, & many of the viewers, who watch it for free, chunter about it when it occcasionally fails, so it's not being done now.

Also, in this case, Sky Sports would not sppreciate the "spoiler", it would sort of take some of the oomph out of the TV Shows which are being recorded.

Sad in some ways, but that's how it is.

Are you & the PLO8ers missing me? Say yes, go on. Yes?

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Thanks Tina, glad you enjoyed it. If its not too personal, tell me about your concrete items.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well there's the large patio a couple of small statues, and the path that covers our concrete nuclear bunker.
  • edited August 2014

11 left, but blinds are monsta now, 50,000-100,000, + the running ante.

A few shorties around now, including Stu Fox & Wadey.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Yo Mother, No, it will not be Live Streamed. DTD do not generally do Live Streams any more. Not cost-effective, & many of the viewers, who watch it for free, chunter about it when it occcasionally fails, so it's not being done now. Also, in this case, Sky Sports would not sppreciate the "spoiler", it would sort of take some of the oomph out of the TV Shows which are being recorded. Sad in some ways, but that's how it is. Are you & the PLO8ers missing me? Say yes, go on. Yes?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok thanks for that.

Are we missing you......errr.........erm........wellll.......sort of.....but no need to hurry back :)

Mother
    xx
  • edited August 2014

Stu Fox is out, so 10 left now.
  • edited August 2014

Ryan is OUT I'm afraid.

Did not like to ask, time & place & all that, but I think he made a bit of a move, & Matey Boy had a set. They don't fold sets.
  • edited August 2014

Still 9 left.

Blinds are a monsta 60,000-120,000/20,000.

Average stack is 3.5 milly.
  • edited August 2014

Still 9 left, this could go on well past my bedtime.

Level 29 just begun, 80,000-160,000/20,000.

The shortie had 4 Bigs, shoved, & got no callers! 

Wadey was near felted an hour ago, but is back with a big stack now, he's attacking all the time, with or without hands. Great too see.  
  • edited August 2014

And just like that, 2 players exit in consecutive hands & we have a 7 man Final Table.

The young lady exited in 8th when her 7-7 failed to hold v A-J.

Wadey has been putting on an absolute masterclass.  

• edited August 2014
    And just like that, 2 players exit in consecutive hands & we have a 7 man Final Table. The young lady exited in 8th when her 7-7 failed to hold v A-J. Wadey has been putting on an absolute masterclass.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Going back to our conversation earlier today, he was by far the most difficult opponent I came up against all tournament.  Plays the game the way that I wish I could!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker UKPC Six Max Mini starts today... : Going back to our conversation earlier today, he was by far the most difficult opponent I came up against all tournament.  Plays the game the way that I wish I could!
    Posted by Slykllist
    He is different gravy, he really is. Think he is the biggest MTT winner @ DTD over the years, actually, or nearly so. Reads the game so well, & can place opponents om hands with an eery accuracy. Very tough to get much past him.   
  • edited August 2014

And at this point, with the thread near-deserted, as all normal people should be in bed this time of night, reading a good book, I think that's me done for the day.

Thank you all for reading & interacting, it's been fun. 

Tomorrow sees the High Roller, a sat at Midday & the real deal @ 5pm, so there'll be a face or two here. There is also a Main Event sat @ 8pm.

The Main starts on Tuesday, & you'll have Tighty to bring you all the news.