You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Channing's Bet of the Week...

Comments

• edited January 2015

Had a few £ on your bet Mr Rainman, nice1 sir!

• edited January 2015
    No good today the 2 teams that didn't win I thought were nailed on after the derby loss in the afternoon kick off I stuck man utd to the bet but aderdeen then let us down conceding tgere first goal in 8 games not just one but 3 scoring 3 at home should be good in almost every home game but not today can't be to disappointed after the run I've been on the past few weeks keep the faith and I'll be back next week 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week...:
     Great post by Omm...nailed it. Pretty sure Bluffulot is doing a great job of picking good accumulators better than most other accumulator backers, also very sure the bookies love taking accumulators for the reasons Omm stated.  Today is a tough day, great racing but not the right betting "shape" in these races. The big Haydock race at 3.15 is not good for each-way bets but I will have a win bet in it.  Corrin Wood is from a terrible stable having a bad year, Shangani is from a stable having a great season but a poor 2015, Benbens is poorly handicapped, five of the 12 runners are out of the handicap and the top weight Hey Big Spender does not like this soft ground.  I respect Green Flag who likes the ground and will relish a slog but my bet will be on Vintage Star who came 2nd in this race last year, who goes well on the ground and who would be much shorter if it wasn't for the last rare bad run. With Brian Hughes back on I think he's a decent price.  I'm having 6 points Vintage Star to win at 9/1 in the Haydock 3.15.
    Posted by NChanning

Hi Mr Channing,

Wouldn't have any thoughts on todays clash at Gowran Park would you in the Thyestes Chase?

Had a look over some writeups (Pricewise have tipped Goonyella and Groody Hill, had another shout for The Job is Right)

Both have tipped win only but would I be right in saying a 17 runner handicap race paying 4 places at 1/4 makes a stronger E/W bet? 

• edited January 2015

shouldn't this thread be in "betting chat"?

• edited January 2015
     I kind of like The Job is Right but I've been running about a bit today and I haven't looked at it too much.

Really hard to have a bad each-way bet with four places here though.

Best of luck.
  • edited January 2015
    Good afternoon Mr Ambo

Just wondering what your views are on "deflategate".

If proven would it have given much of an edge? Could there be ramifications in the sports betting industry if people lost out on a points margin bet?
  • edited January 2015
     I find it quite amusing.

(just to let people know the Patriots made the Super Bowl which is the Sunday after next. They played the "semi-final" at home in horrible weather and it later turned out the balls were lower pressure than normal making it harder to throw. They were planning to run all day so it wasn't going to effect them but the other team needed to pass a lot and that was much harder).

I'm flabbergasted that the home team provides the balls and that with around 200 people for each team on the sidelines nobody noticed. That makes me think it didn't really make a big difference.

I'm also amused that Bellichick, the Patriots coach, will do anything to win, including cheating and bending the rules.

Obviously I do not approve of cheating but I love the idea of people caring THAT MUCH about winning. That is what seperates them I guess.

In terms of bets there is zero chance of them being effected or anyone ever caring about the punters. 90% of sports gambling in the US is illegal, Vegas takes 1% of the world total for Super Bowl bets and the NFL hate gambling.

• edited January 2015
    I suppose it wouldnt matter a jot who provided the balls as long as they were in the care of the officals and pressures checked before the match as is the case with football.

There are plenty of examples of football managers looking for edges and manipulating the environment. John Beck with his long grass and the sand in corners so his players could overhit long balls for wingers to chase on to springs to mind. And when at the then plastic pitch of Deepdale which didnt respond to such tactics he got allowances for players to wear tracksuit bottoms. Obviously home players got used to the pitch and playing in trackie bottoms but opposition players had to decide whether or not to to do it and either feel uncomfortable wearing them, or fear that they were more likely to hurt themselves without and that their opponents had an advantage. 

Got relegated eventually so didnt work!

Various examples of pitch width manipulation and weaker teams not cutting grass etc.
  • edited January 2015

The Job is Right went to about evens with three to jump and was booked for 2nd when it fell at the last. Ouch!

I always love those teams that overly water or grow the grass long so I love the track suit bottom on the astroturf.
  • edited January 2015
    Had Channing, in the 4th..... got given a massive tip that he would go the distance.

Alas, total donk! 

I'd say fun eve at yr table, yet we had mattbates :0)
  • edited January 2015
    Had Channing, in the 4th..... got given a massive tip that he would go the distance. Alas, total donk!  I'd say fun eve at yr table, yet we had mattbates :0)
    Posted by samantha25

lolz!  You fancy playing cash tonite?  ;-)) 
    Pxx
  • edited January 2015
    such a bumhunter, glen :0)

In BTW :)
  • edited January 2015
    It's FA cup week again  here is my bet for the weekend 

wins for 

shrewsbury
    MK dons
    watford
    derby 
    liverpool
    barnet 
    wolves

pays just over 18/1 with sky bet 
  • edited January 2015
    Good afternoon everyone.
    BRENTFORD to beat norwich 4/1.
    Betting with my heart not my head  £15.
    All the best
    Rainman397.
  • edited January 2015
     I find it quite amusing.  (just to let people know the Patriots made the Super Bowl which is the Sunday after next. They played the "semi-final" at home in horrible weather and it later turned out the balls were lower pressure than normal making it harder to throw. They were planning to run all day so it wasn't going to effect them but the other team needed to pass a lot and that was much harder). 

That's not strictly the case, the balls that Indianapolis had (each team uses a different sub-set of balls) were normal, it was only the Patriots (as the home team, who had control of the balls) balls that were deflated. Indianapolis allegedly only found out after one of their players intercepted a Brady pass.

But, to extend this further, the referee touches the ball every down to mark the spot for the start of the next play. If there was a significant difference, why didn't he or one of the other officlals notice it and say something.

• edited January 2015

Wasn't going to go too mad today. The racing is really good but the races are tough and nothing really stands out.

I just noticed that SkyBet have 1234 places in the big race at Doncaster, the SkyBet Chase at 3.15pm.

The 4th place is really good for the punter so I feel compelled to have a bet. Medermit at 13/2 is the one for me.

• edited January 2015
    COME ON YOU BEES.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Rliverpoole: Channing's Bet of the Week...:
    It's FA cup week again  here is my bet for the weekend  wins for  shrewsbury MK dons watford derby  liverpool barnet  wolves pays just over 18/1 with sky bet 
    Posted by bluffulot6
    Cashed out with 2min remaining for £16-57

Won £1-57 the beauty of the cash out button
  • edited January 2015
    Good morning all.
    BRENTFORD to beat middlesboro 2/1.
    £15.
    Tough game betting with my heart again.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
  • edited January 2015

mods... have you all left the site?

much as though we all love neil and he is an ambo but this thread doesn't belong here, it belongs in the betting chat section.  i am pretty sure that "bet of the week" fits nicely into the "betting chat" section.  i could be wrong of course.

• edited January 2015
    Good morning all. BRENTFORD to beat middlesboro 2/1. £15. Tough game betting with my heart again. All the best. Rainman397.
    Posted by rainman397
    Wont see many more unjust half time scorelines than the 0-1 here!!

gl 2nd half. 
  • edited January 2015
    football bet this week is.....

Liverpool v west ham both teams to score

under 2.5 goals

southend v york

wins for 

preston

ipswich

brighton

pays 14.6/1 on sky bet 

good luck if your on with me 
  • edited January 2015

I don't really mind where it goes. Somebody said when I started the thread that if I put it under Betting then less people will see it.

it does seem weird, maybe we can move it over.

On the horse front it's tough today. I hate these heavy ground slogs generally. Saffron Wells is pretty solid and it loves the course and the soft ground. I haven't gone mad.

8 points each-way Saffron Wells in the Sandown 3pm. Skybet offer 7/1 which I like.
  • edited January 2015
     I don't really mind where it goes. Somebody said when I started the thread that if I put it under Betting then less people will see it.  it does seem weird, maybe we can move it over.  On the horse front it's tough today. I hate these heavy ground slogs generally. Saffron Wells is pretty solid and it loves the course and the soft ground. I haven't gone mad.  8 points each-way Saffron Wells in the Sandown 3pm. Skybet offer 7/1 which I like.
    Posted by NChanning

normally the mods simply move the thread to its correct place.  no matter where it first appeared or who started it.  it would probably be better moved as the entire audience/readership in the betting chat section is interested in a betting thread whereas a big proportion of people in general chat aren't.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : normally the mods simply move the thread to its correct place.  no matter where it first appeared or who started it.  it would probably be better moved as the entire audience/readership in the betting chat section is interested in a betting thread whereas a big proportion of people in general chat aren't.    
    Posted by aussie09
    GET A LIFE MAN!!!!!!
  • edited January 2015
    Wycombe 5/6 at home to Portsmouth.....printing money!
  • edited January 2015

I Hear what you are saying Aussie but I would say the title of the thread is pretty self-explanatory. It does do what it says on the tin. If someone really hates to read it I find it hard to believe they could accidentally stumble into it.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : normally the mods simply move the thread to its correct place.  no matter where it first appeared or who started it.  it would probably be better moved as the entire audience/readership in the betting chat section is interested in a betting thread whereas a big proportion of people in general chat aren't.    
    Posted by aussie09
    Hi

Normally we'd do this but, on this occasion, and to allow as many people to see Neil's great tips as possible we're leaving it in GPC. Agreed, it is a betting thread but less people would view it there. We'll see how it goes though.

Good luck with the tip Mr Ambassador sir.

Sky Poker
  • edited January 2015
    Skybet are making a fortune off this thread, they'd be mental to move it! ;)

Today is the day !!!!
  • edited January 2015
    Skybet are making a fortune off this thread, they'd be mental to move it! ;) Today is the day !!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hope so i'm on......best of luck DOHHHHH