You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Channing's Bet of the Week...

Comments

• edited February 2015
    I'm on ..... Again ... Keeping the faith!       Gl us! 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week...:
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : If it was recommended by Neil at 14/1, only a complete ice cream would back it at 8/1 or worse.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can I be tutti fruity flavour.....
    Oh well one is going to come in soon! 
  • edited February 2015
    Try and pick one in the 4.10 at Newbury Neil ;)
  • edited February 2015
    not the best of looking line-ups on C4 tomorrow, only 1 of the 8 races having 8+ runners, any strong fancies Neil??
  • edited February 2015
     So tough today. Had loads of bets but lots of bits and pieces and nothing that I'd want to add to my terrible record of tipping on this thread with.

I would say that staking more when you think you have an edge and being able to not have a bet at all when you can't see anything is one of the strongest weapons in the punters armoury.

Hopefully next week I'll get you a winner.

Anyone else fancy anything strongly?
  • edited February 2015
     So tough today. Had loads of bets but lots of bits and pieces and nothing that I'd want to add to my terrible record of tipping on this thread with.  I would say that staking more when you think you have an edge and being able to not have a bet at all when you can't see anything is one of the strongest weapons in the punters armoury.  Hopefully next week I'll get you a winner.  Anyone else fancy anything strongly?
    Posted by NChanning
    Only bet I've had today is Broadway Buffalo, cast iron ew bet imo.
  • edited February 2015
     So tough today. Had loads of bets but lots of bits and pieces and nothing that I'd want to add to my terrible record of tipping on this thread with.  I would say that staking more when you think you have an edge and being able to not have a bet at all when you can't see anything is one of the strongest weapons in the punters armoury.  Hopefully next week I'll get you a winner.  Anyone else fancy anything strongly?
    Posted by NChanning
    nope!!

& agree!!

so, just for a tickle ....

Ipswich to win at Fulham, [2,25] out of badness, just on way to watch!
    & Haydock Invitus Lake E/W 12-1, coz Hitpup fancies it!!
  • edited February 2015
    Posted by NChanning

Yeah.  Haydock 3:25  Bygones Sovereign.  10/1.  Looked good last week and ground should suit.  Good E/W punt.

• edited February 2015
    Good afternoon everyone.
    BRENTFORD to beat charlton 20/21.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    p.s has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
  • edited February 2015

Hope you are right Rainman...I've bet Brentford today.
  • edited February 2015
    Good afternoon Mr Channing.
    Did you back them in a single .
    I normally only do singles, and now and again a double, i remember when bookies would only let u do minimum  trebles.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    p.s has anyone   mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet.
  • edited February 2015
     I did a single. It's usually bad business and giving away a big edge to do multiples.
  • edited February 2015
    My sincerest apologies Mr Channing.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited February 2015
     I seem destined never to have a winning bet on this thread. Sorry to bok your mob Rainman.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : Only bet I've had today is Broadway Buffalo, cast iron ew bet imo.
    Posted by joesman1
    walked into a cast iron fence looooooooooool
  • edited February 2015
     I'm definitely feeling like this might be the one. The good thing about betting bigger prices is you only need one winner to get it all back...bit like poker tournaments.

The Eider Chase is the only perfect race this week. There are currently 18 runners and so we could have a couple of non-runners and still get the four places and with the five places that Sky Bet are offering this is so attractive from a betting perspective.

A four mile race is usually going to be a massive slog particularly on heavy ground which you often get at Newcastle. The weather in the North-East has been pretty good though and as I write this the ground is Good/Soft and the forecast is for a nice sunny day. I'm going to rule out the real old sloggers like last year's winner Wyck Hill, who carries more weight here, and top weight Shotgun Paddy, who will both prefer soft ground. More reluctantly I'll eliminate Portrait King who stays all day but really would have liked a lot more rain.

In the last ten runnings of this race the winner has carried eleven stone or more every single time, suggesting that the class horses get a chance to show their superiority over the trip and perhaps pounds per length are just not so important.

Of the horses in that weight range we are left with just one if we stick to the recent trend. Knockanrawley has never been this far before but I reckon a bit of class might help and with the ground running faster it just won't be such a slog for old plodders. Many of the horses here really love soft ground and this one may have a bit of toe at the trip. The stable is in good form and I understand they quite fancy this.

I'm having 10 Points each-way Knockanrawley at 10/1 with Sky Bet in the Newcastle 2.55pm.

• edited February 2015
    Feeling lucky Neil so I've put on a weeny one, gl us!
    :)
  • edited February 2015

My friend Rory is a great horse judge and he messaged me last night to say that he'd come up with exactly the same horse as his bet of the day totally independently.

That and you feeling lucky. The stars are aligned. This could be the one.
  • edited February 2015
     My friend Rory is a great horse judge and he messaged me last night to say that he'd come up with exactly the same horse as his bet of the day totally independently.  That and you feeling lucky. The stars are aligned. This could be the one.
    Posted by NChanning

Lets hope so neil i'm on 

here is my football bet this week 

wins for

blackburn 
    dundee utd
    swindon
    sheff utd
    ipswich 
    bristol city

pays 21.6/1 with sky bet
  • edited February 2015
     My friend Rory is a great horse judge and he messaged me last night to say that he'd come up with exactly the same horse as his bet of the day totally independently.  That and you feeling lucky. The stars are aligned. This could be the one.
    Posted by NChanning
    I've had an ew dabble on this today.

If it goes down I'm happy that at least some effort went into the thought process for the selection.

I'll be even happier if I get some sort of return.

Good Luck, Good Luck
  • edited February 2015
    Posted by NChanning
    I'm in! Good luck us!
  • edited February 2015
    I am on ew.
    Also had £15 on BRENTFORD TO BEAT bournemouth, 12/5.
    Very tough game but am hoping the news about Mr Warburton leaving at end of the season, will inspire them.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited February 2015
    I'm keeping the faith Mr ambassador! Good luck us ..... 
  • edited February 2015

Just for a second I thought I'd cracked it. Small profit. I see Brentford are 1-0 up already.
  • edited February 2015
     Just for a second I thought I'd cracked it. Small profit. I see Brentford are 1-0 up already.
    Posted by NChanning

I had a wee e/w punt and am delighte to get a return.

Thank You

• edited February 2015
    Posted by NChanning
    Small profit, so put that on Sire De grugy and made it a little sweeter ! Thank you sir! 
  • edited February 2015
     I'm definitely feeling like this might be the one. The good thing about betting bigger prices is you only need one winner to get it all back...bit like poker tournaments.   The Eider Chase is the only perfect race this week. There are currently 18 runners and so we could have a couple of non-runners and still get the four places and with the five places that Sky Bet are offering this is so attractive from a betting perspective.  A four mile race is usually going to be a massive slog particularly on heavy ground which you often get at Newcastle. The weather in the North-East has been pretty good though and as I write this the ground is Good/Soft and the forecast is for a nice sunny day. I'm going to rule out the real old sloggers like last year's winner Wyck Hill, who carries more weight here, and top weight Shotgun Paddy, who will both prefer soft ground. More reluctantly I'll eliminate Portrait King who stays all day but really would have liked a lot more rain.  In the last ten runnings of this race the winner has carried eleven stone or more every single time, suggesting that the class horses get a chance to show their superiority over the trip and perhaps pounds per length are just not so important.  Of the horses in that weight range we are left with just one if we stick to the recent trend. Knockanrawley has never been this far before but I reckon a bit of class might help and with the ground running faster it just won't be such a slog for old plodders. Many of the horses here really love soft ground and this one may have a bit of toe at the trip. The stable is in good form and I understand they quite fancy this.  I'm having 10 Points each-way Knockanrawley at 10/1 with Sky Bet in the Newcastle 2.55pm.  
    Posted by NChanning
    Well done Neil!
  • edited February 2015
    Posted by NChanning
    Good evening Mr Channing.
    Thank you for the tip.
    Also did you back  BRENTFORD today.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited February 2015
    Knockanrawley at 10/1

Cheers Neil - won a couple of quid :-)
  • edited February 2015
     I was up half the night gambling with some proper degens who are all now playing day two. Hope I didn't stop them sleeping enough.

Just got home and I haven't really had a long look at the races. 

Anyone got any good bets today?