You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Channing's Bet of the Week...

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week...:
     I was up half the night gambling with some proper degens who are all now playing day two. Hope I didn't stop them sleeping enough.  Just got home and I haven't really had a long look at the races.   Anyone got any good bets today?
    Posted by NChanning
    you go to bed  mate you,ve had a hard night 3.30 kempton 12/1
  • edited February 2015
    hello mr channing,

my works organsing a day at the races, for the scottish national, i have no clue about horses so though id put a post here and ask any advice, for yourself or others to give.

do u have any tips on races for this day, sat april 18th i think it is.

cheers :)
  • edited February 2015

I'll definitely have a look nearer the time Chris.

Might power through now Stokey.
  • edited February 2015
     I was up half the night gambling with some proper degens who are all now playing day two. Hope I didn't stop them sleeping enough.  Just got home and I haven't really had a long look at the races.   Anyone got any good bets today?
    Posted by NChanning
    I like the look of Headys Bridge 3.25 Newbury.   Oh and after seeing Soll win today will be putting a few bob on it for the National!  I already have a bet on Rolling Aces.  Any thoughts - or too early?

• edited February 2015

I love it now. Very nice Grand National trial. You have a great bet. Not really keen on Headleys. Stable have had a terrible season.
  • edited March 2015
    Today might be Wicklow Braves day. Muulins keeps sending it over for these big hcps, and it's not just because he likes a day out. He ran much better than his finishing position indicates last time out. Happy to take the 16/1 BOG with Skybet, 1/4 odds 1st 5. 
  • edited March 2015
    Today might be Wicklow Braves day. Muulins keeps sending it over for these big hcps, and it's not just because he likes a day out. He ran much better than his finishing position indicates last time out. Happy to take the 16/1 BOG with Skybet, 1/4 odds 1st 5. 
    Posted by joesman1

this bet im about to place is on your head ;)

• edited March 2015
    3.10  Thistlecrack  14/1   recent winner and unbeaten over the trip so surely should feature amongst the places
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : this bet im about to place is on your head ;)
    Posted by Itsover4u
    My heads thick enough to take the weight
  • edited March 2015

The 5 places is a total bargain. Wouldn't put you off Wicklow Brave. My pin landed a few times. Arzal is my best, then Some Buckle and a small one Chieftan's Choice. With all those places it's definitely good to bet a few.
  • edited March 2015
    Good afternoon everyone.
    BRENTFORD TO BEAT ipswich 13/5 £10.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
  • edited March 2015
    Good afternoon everyone. BRENTFORD TO BEAT ipswich 13/5 £10. All the best. Rainman397. P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    Posted by rainman397
    Rainman! You're alive! :) Us Outlaws were worried about you xx
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : Rainman! You're alive! :) Us Outlaws were worried about you xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Good afternoon Mrs Duck.
    My boss has changed my shift, so cannot play as much.
     Hopefully will be on night shift in a few weeks, and can play a lot more.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited March 2015

Afraid to say I like Ipswich to beat Brentford today. Think they'll be a few goals in that one.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : this bet im about to place is on your head ;)
    Posted by Itsover4u
    I'm sorry mate but that was abysmal at the start. We'd done our money in at the start. Walsh accepted it after 20 yards and was basically a non-runner. If it turns up next week in the County, we've no choice (ok I've no choice) but to go in again. 
  • edited March 2015
    off-topic, but Channing, how is the 25/50 PLO going on stars? They are some pretty tough games, and I see you in the lobby quite frequently - I don't expect any amounts, more just wondering how you find the games? Playing against Galfond/Ike etc.. 

Inb4 you're not NChanning on stars
  • edited March 2015
    off-topic, but Channing, how is the 25/50 PLO going on stars? They are some pretty tough games, and I see you in the lobby quite frequently - I don't expect any amounts, more just wondering how you find the games? Playing against Galfond/Ike etc..  Inb4 you're not NChanning on stars
    Posted by percival09
    Mr Ambo is busy with Cheltenham week, so may miss this.

I'd bet very good money that he is NOT "NChanning" on 'Stars. Don't think Neil plays much PLO, either.
  • edited March 2015

During the 2008 Irish Open I was on the table next to the bubble boy. A guy shoved around 15bbs. Another guy snap-called with aces and now a third play who was Padraig Parkinson also snap-called. He also had aces and they chopped the pot.

Our bubble boy just had wrong timing and his Qc7c could not get there.

He is probably over it now though as he is getting the absolute lot playing as NChanning on Stars.

I played PLO exclusively for about two years between 2000 and 2002. It was often 5-handed but sometimes full-ring and we played £10-£20-£40 blinds. The average stack was about £30,000 and I played five times a week.

I quite like the odd game for a change of scene.
  • edited March 2015
     During the 2008 Irish Open I was on the table next to the bubble boy. A guy shoved around 15bbs. Another guy snap-called with aces and now a third play who was Padraig Parkinson also snap-called. He also had aces and they chopped the pot.  Our bubble boy just had wrong timing and his Qc7c could not get there.  He is probably over it now though as he is getting the absolute lot playing as NChanning on Stars.  I played PLO exclusively for about two years between 2000 and 2002. It was often 5-handed but sometimes full-ring and we played £10-£20-£40 blinds. The average stack was about £30,000 and I played five times a week.  I quite like the odd game for a change of scene.
    Posted by NChanning
    If you need a bit of PLO coaching, Neil, I'm here for you. Know what I'm saying, bro? 
  • edited March 2015

I'll let you know. You have to use two cards right?
  • edited March 2015
     I'll let you know. You have to use two cards right?
    Posted by NChanning
    Sorry, but if you want in-depth info like that, you have to payyyyyy.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Channing's Bet of the Week... : I'm sorry mate but that was abysmal at the start. We'd done our money in at the start. Walsh accepted it after 20 yards and was basically a non-runner. If it turns up next week in the County, we've no choice (ok I've no choice) but to go in again. 
    Posted by joesman1

Haha no problem.... I actually wasnt to fussed as my girlfriend picks 4 horses for me at random every saturday in a lucky 15.... 2 winners and 2 place for £550.

Add that to her £2 scorecast of agbonlahor to score first and villa 2-1 at 66-1 and she has done me pretty well.

on a side not 5 weeks ago she picked 11 random results (she says she imagines the commentatrs in her head the crazy mare).... 10 came in :/ would of won 4.5k of 2 quid
  • edited March 2015

Can you ask her to try and imagine a few of the Cheltenham races?
  • edited March 2015
    Hurricane flyer each way bet to nothing at 10/1

8 runners i can only see it be between 4 horses so hurrican flyer for me is a great e/w bet if it wins happy days gets placed small profit
  • edited March 2015
    Hurricane flyer each way bet to nothing at 10/1 8 runners i can only see it be between 4 horses so hurrican flyer for me is a great e/w bet if it wins happy days gets placed small profit
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Is that Hurricane Fly's brother?
  • edited March 2015
    lol i know what i meant hurricane fly :p
  • edited March 2015
    the girl is incredible to show the prowess of her powers her selections for tomorrow are as follows -:

The commentators in her head have decided the following will turn a profit -:

1.30 shanes hill

2.05 Joses Hill

2.40 Ned stark (she said ned stark and black thunder go neck and neck)

3.20 Hurricaine fly

4.00 glens melody

4.40 Sego Sucess (she was adamany about this although she also says 66/1 ballyculla will place)

5.15 Genrous ransom (head to head with Bold Henry)

There you have it and I promise I am backing this myself alongside my picks. Super heinz is my bet for £48

accumulator is just over 3.5 million lol

• edited March 2015
    the girl is incredible to show the prowess of her powers her selections for tomorrow are as follows -: The commentators in her head have decided the following will turn a profit -: 1.30 shanes hill 2.05 Joses Hill 2.40 Ned stark (she said ned stark and black thunder go neck and neck) 3.20 Hurricaine fly 4.00 glens melody 4.40 Sego Sucess (she was adamany about this although she also says 66/1 ballyculla will place) 5.15 Genrous ransom (head to head with Bold Henry) There you have it and I promise I am backing this myself alongside my picks. Super heinz is my bet for £48 accumulator is just over 3.5 million lol
    Posted by Itsover4u

Just so your aware the ew four fold on my girlfriends picks made 400+ profit and the ew super heinz paid 6.5/1

the commentators head voices strike again!

Il post her picks again for tomorrow later if interested. she is up 4 figures for me this week lol
  • edited March 2015
    wiiii I'm a winner
    4pm Glens mELoDY

lucky by name 
    lucky by nature
    shame i don't gamble on the gee gees
  • edited March 2015
    The Young Master for me tomorrow. Hold Each Way Slips at 14/1 and 10/1 from January and February respectively so COME ON !