You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rlt's Diary. First update of 2017

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Nice going Lee...
    shame your run ended at 15... phew  lol  
    still a great achievement  vwp

gl if you play the £5's today..just mind the reg's & you'll be fine.

IF YOU DO PLAY THEM..PLAY A SET NUMBER OF GAMES... 3 MAX would be my advice.
    speaking from experience I'd wait a while longer & build that b/r playing at the £3's
    only because if you lose @ the £5's your b/r drops back & your confidence takes a hit as well
    not to mention that they play even harder imo.

avoiding the reg's though will help along with having good notes on players.
    if you don't have them then you are playing blind, so look to see who does what right from the first hand.
    don't mess about on the bubble either..all-in or nothing poker pretty much.
    glglglglglgl
    dev
  • edited January 2015
    So my first session at the 5/50 level has come to an end, and it has gone ok, i started very welll winning 7 from my first 11, had abit of a blip in the middle (including 2 games that i was folded out of as i may have fell asleep lol, reminder to self dont lie down and play)
    When i woke up again i felt refreshed so figured id play on, and ended well. one of the things i have noticed tonight, is that their are just as many players making silly calls and plays at this level as there are in the 3.30, the regs from what i can tell are playing very similiar to the 3.30 regs, most of the games i played today were agaisnt people that had made alot of profit according to sharkscope, im sure that once i get a feel for who the regs are and can avoid them a little more this will improve my returns.

I think my blip in the middle was due to me being a little on tilt, got abit angry when on the bubble with me on about 1.5k big stack on 5.5k and two others 2.5k each, i managed to go one on one with the big stack, he was small blind me big, 100/200 blinds he raises to 600, i have AA so shove over the top, he calls, turns over 10/4 and ends up hitting 2 pair. i know i want these people to be calling me but that doesnt stop it being annoying when they hit.

also played the orforable tonight, which lasted about 5 hands for me in abit of a cooler so ill have to wait until next week to win that.

Todays DYMs played 29
    Todays DYMs won 17
    Todays DYMs Lost 13

Todays profit/loss +£5.40
    C4P  895
    Total games played 274/400
    Balance £108.89

overall im very pleased with my first session at the 5.50 level and will give it another shot on sunday.
  • edited January 2015
    so only a very short session today, but turns out to be my second most profitable day of the month so far played 7 games all at the £5.50 level and won 6 of them, and the one i did lose was slightly unfortunate, on the bubble i had an up and down straight draw and 4 cards to the flush after the flop so as the short stack got it all in and ended up in really good shape vs an under pair to the board so i also had my own cards as outs to, but it wasn't to be.

Away
    from poker its been a bit of an annoying two days really, yesterday my washing machine broke and today the tumble drier decided to pack up to.. in other news though i bought the two best pairs of socks i have ever owned, they are extremely warm and comfy  if your lucky ill send you in a picture, sports direct thermal socks 2 pairs for 11 quid, highly recommended for people who hate having cold feet but don't wear slippers.

Todays DYMs played 7
    Todays DYMs won 6
    Todays DYMs lost 1

Todays profit/loss +£21.50
    C4P  930
    Total games played 281/400
    Balance £130.39

I Want to throw a question out to mainly to regular DYM players i guess but i'm sure its a question that others can answer to, what ROI should you be looking towards achieving, My ROI for the month to day is 8% which i consider to me really good, considering everything i played before this month totaled -5.4 ROI.
    but should i be aiming for around 8% or are regular DYM players hitting more than this?

Oh and on top of my washing machine and tumble drier breaking, Newcastle lost to Southampton.. again... and i thought it couldn't get any worse. i wonder how long until they start chanting to re hire pardew, i'm sure there's a saying about not knowing how much you will miss something until its gone..

• edited January 2015
    Not alot to report today a medium length session todays and my first losing one for close on a week, but only £1.50 so nothing worth fretting over, im not really sure what went wrong to be honest im gonna have to look back through the hands but i seemed to get myself in some good spot and unlike the last few days when it payed off today it did and it didnt :) but hey thats poker, im sure ill make my £1 and then some in the next few days

Todays DYMs played 13
    Todays DYMs won 7
    Todays DYMs lost 6

Todays profit/loss -£1.50
    C4P  995
    Total games played 294/400
    Balance £128.89

probably let myself sdown a little with table selection tonight, seems to be sat on tables with alot of winning players on them, which is obviously less than ideal so ill have to be a bit stricter on myself to make sure im using table selection as much as possible, although sometimes you just want to start a game it does take a little while for games to fill  :(
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all been a few days since i posted last so ill do an all in one update, a couple of days ago i played 40 5.50 dyms and started off with a bad run of 9 loses, which was horrible but in 7 of those 9 i was ahead when the chips went in so i knew the results would turn around, anyway i ended those 40 games with 19 wins and 21 loses so not great but not bad considering the bad start i had. i decided to drop back down to the 3's after that so yesterdays and today's games were all 3.30's and i had much better results at this level. going to stay playing the 3's and get myself more of a bankroll to play the 5's with rather than the bare minimum of 20 BI's i'm going to aim to get 40.

I also played a few heads up games and won 4 from 4 and a handful of bounty hunter tournaments that i played well in for the most part but didnt make the cash and also didnt track the costs etc properly as my spreadsheet wasnt really set up for them.

DYMs played 91 (40 of which were 5's)
    DYMs won 53
    DYMs lost 38

profit/loss -£11.59
    C4P  1358
    Total games played 391/400
    Balance £118.34

Its basically a certainty that i'm going to reach my target of 400 games now and ive done so making a very decent profit which is not only my highest profit month ever (if it stays as it is now) but my second in a row, so the signs of improvement are there, just got to keep building on them.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Rlt's Diary:
    Hi all been a few days since i posted last so ill do an all in one update, a couple of days ago i played 40 5.50 dyms and started off with a bad run of 9 loses, which was horrible but in 7 of those 9 i was ahead when the chips went in so i knew the results would turn around, anyway i ended those 40 games with 19 wins and 21 loses so not great but not bad considering the bad start i had. i decided to drop back down to the 3's after that so yesterdays and today's games were all 3.30's and i had much better results at this level. going to stay playing the 3's and get myself more of a bankroll to play the 5's with rather than the bare minimum of 20 BI's i'm going to aim to get 40. I also played a few heads up games and won 4 from 4 and a handful of bounty hunter tournaments that i played well in for the most part but didnt make the cash and also didnt track the costs etc properly as my spreadsheet wasnt really set up for them. DYMs played 91 (40 of which were 5's) DYMs won 53 DYMs lost 38 profit/loss -£11.59 C4P  1358 Total games played 391/400 Balance £118.34 Its basically a certainty that i'm going to reach my target of 400 games now and ive done so making a very decent profit which is not only my highest profit month ever (if it stays as it is now) but my second in a row, so the signs of improvement are there, just got to keep building on them.
    Posted by RLT16
    Glad my advice has helped Lee..no need to thank me either.
    keep up the good work,
    dev
  • edited January 2015
  • edited January 2015
    Challange completed!

so i haven't posted for a few days although i have still been playing, since i last posted i've played 87 dyms and to be honest with you i haven't tracked the results extremely well, i've also played some HU games which i started doing quite well at, then i sat down with donttellmum and he crushed me about 6 times straight and that put a bit of a dent in my profits, but oh well live and learn and avoid DTM.

like i said i haven't tracked my results very well but i do have today's results i played 45 DYM's and won 22 of them, which is obviously not great, but i had an awful start for the day winning 5 from the first 15, then while 4 tabling i got disconnected and by the time i got back i was out of 2, and down to minimal stacks in the other 2, i managed to claw one back though so from 6/18 to 22/45 will have to be good enough for today.

C4P 1736
    profit/loss since last post  -£14.46
    Balance £103.88
    Games played 478/400

since my challenge is complete i'm going to play a few less games and only two table the dyms now, and play the odd cheap bounty hunter along side those, i really want to improve my MTT game as this is yet another area of my game that needs working on, does anyone have any general advice on how i should play differently to in dyms, i've played a couple and i've drilled it into myself to not go chasing head prizes to build a stack instead and the heads will come or they wont, but it will give me a better shot at running deep, but as for actual game play tactics any advice would be appreciated really.

goodnight :)
  • edited January 2015
    Hi RLT,
    Here's a link to some good info on tournament strategy.
     You should be able to get some tips from this. GL

NLH MTTs - Tips, Advice, & Help Thread

Regards Alan (plo8 master)
  • edited January 2015
    had a really good day on the tables yesterday even if the profit was minimal the enjoyment was there, i finished the day £7 up in profit on the dyms soo decided to play the DTD forum games (to be honest i would of played them evebn if i had lost)
    DTD 1 went very well for the most part a slow and steady start then about mid way through the tournament i managed to build myself up a monster stack of 30k chips. most of them were gifted to me to be honest i dont feel like i did anything spectacular to get them, it must of been the really soft table i was sat on, i had hhtfyfyfyfhtfg to 2 spots to my left ;), with around 50 remaining i was 8th and started thinking about a deep run and cashing, but then i clashed with the other big stack at the table i'll add the hand to the next post but i think i played it ok maybe should of folded pre but ill let you guys decide that, anyway that made me the short stack and i ended going out on the bubble, Gutted!!

I spent a long time in the top 10 of both dtd 2 and 3 aswell but those ended just as badly just short of the bubble. good fun but ultimately no reward, ill try again next week anyway

• edited January 2015
    monkey123Small blind 800.00800.0049441.25RLT16Big blind 1600.002400.0033805.00 Your hole cardsK9   Telmison74Fold    stokefcFold    ShaunyTFold    xRaise 4800.007200.0023903.76monkey123Fold    RLT16Call 3200.0010400.0030605.00Flop  2J6   RLT16Check    xBet 7800.0018200.0016103.76RLT16All-in 30605.0048805.000.00xAll-in 16103.7664908.760.00RLT16Unmatched bet 6701.2458207.526701.24RLT16ShowK9   xShow44   Turn  J   River  4   xWinFull House, 4s and Jacks58207.52 58207.52
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks machka, toook me about 40 minutes to post that one hand i had to delete failed attempts about 15 times lol great thread thankyou!
  • edited January 2015
    Yesterday was a funny old day i recieved some unexpected news and it defiantly effected (or affected i dont know) the games i was playing at the time so i stopped playing as soon as those games had finished i lost both :( when I came back on i still hadn't fully gained composure i guess as results didn't improve. I was playing on my phone so only one game at a time and i tilted and started chasing my money, first moving to six max sit and goes, then to heads up games. I lost a couple at my BI level and went chasing it by moving up stakes again. I ended up sat at a £31.50 heads up game with IH8palace (defiantly not ideal) well i won one and lost one so thats not bad, but then i moved to a £31.50 heads up turbo agaisnt a guy i cant quite remember the name of and i ran ridiculously well (i think i won 10/13) he kept asking for rematches which while running aswell as I did i was happy to oblige (i attribute this more to luck than skill).  But then i had to go to work i was gutted i thought i had abit of an edge over this guy and was abit annoyed i could take more advantage over it. Anyway about an hour or so later i took an early break and found the same guy regged for the same game again, we played 8 more times he won 5 and i won 3. Before i again had to return to work. While I know this was completely stupid of me. It turned out for the best on this occasion i still have to realise this could of cost me everything i had worked so hard to achieve this month. Short term varied ce could very well be to blame for me winning those games and on another day i could of lost the first two games and been left with no BR. So im strictly back to the £3.30 Dyms from today (although I may do some six Max's to they were fun. 

Im on phone again so can't see my c4p or balance very well so I'll add that into tommorows post but im at around 2300 points and £175.
  • edited January 2015
    So another profitable day at the tables, today i went back to just playing 3.30 Dyms with good results winning 13 of the 18 i played. And i also entered 4 BH tournaments (the 5.75 one) with some pretty annoying results the first one i bubbled and took 4 heads so made a slight profit but made a stupid call to go out on the bubble when I was sitting pretty in 7th place. The second game i took one head and busted out pretty early i was sat at a table with 5 people who were limping into literally every pot so when i was dealt ace king and raised 7x after 4 limps infront of me the last think i expected to be called by on was 74. Well flop game A74 i was happy to get it all in. As was he. Boom game over. Game three i bubbled again (in the last 6 tournaments I've played I've  bubbled three how annoying) but this time i was short stack and ended up having to shove any two cards in hope or a double up. I managed to take one head.

Then finally in my last BH i made it through the bubble and ended up final tabling and finishing 4th for just over £34. Not a bad effort but i feel like i can do better.

Balance £209.84
    C4p:  2362
  • edited January 2015
    So another profitable day at the tables, today i went back to just playing 3.30 Dyms with good results winning 13 of the 18 i played. And i also entered 4 BH tournaments (the 5.75 one) with some pretty annoying results the first one i bubbled and took 4 heads so made a slight profit but made a stupid call to go out in the bible when I was sitting pretty in 7th place. The second game i took one head and busted out pretty early i was sat at a table with 5 people who wer limping into literally every pot so when i was dealt ace king and raised 7x after 4 limps infront of me the last think i expected to be called by on was 74. Well flop game A74 i was happy to get it all in. As was he. Boom game over. Game three i bubbled again (in the last 6 tournaments ive played ive bubbled three how annoying) but this time i was short stack and ended up having to shove any two cards in hope or a double up. I managed to take one head. Then finally in my last BH i made it through the bubble and ended up final tabling and finishing 4th for just over £34. Not a bad effort but i feel like i can do better. Balance £209.84 C4p:  2362
    Posted by RLT16
    Jesus, that's testament to the volatile nature of tournament poker.

• edited January 2015
    Ha nice spot i should stop posting on my phone, doesnt work well with fat thumbs
  • edited January 2015
    Ha nice spot i should stop posting in my phone, doesnt work well with fat thumbs
    Posted by RLT16
    Al least you now know 2 people are reading!  ;-))

• edited January 2015
    another good day at the tables for me, i played a mixture of £5.50 and £3.30 Dyms, and £2.10 heads up games with mixed results £3.30 dyms is definitely the level that i am going to be able to play at with little risk of ever going bust, i am growing more and more confident day by day in my game and i am sure that is a good thing (so long as i don't get over confident)

PlayedWonLostProfit
    £5.50 DYMs1055-5
    £3.30 DYMs139411.1
    £2.10 HU281414-2.8
    Mtt's1  -5.75
    Cash games   6.45
    £5 Hu (some roulettes)28171116

Theres a table of everything i have played today, ill try and keep it like that every day now, as its tidier and easier for everyone to read.

C4p : 2623
    Balance : £236.31 (i am not sure there extra £7 profit come from must have no tracked my games very well, Bonus!)

Away from the tables my son had to go into hospital today, while this may sound bad its pretty much routine for us at the moment, he hasn't been diagnosed with asthma yet but were pretty sure that he has it, we've been in and out of hospital 3/4 times a year since he was born (he is coming up 3 years old) so i've been at home looking after my daughter most the day while my Mrs has been with him, he is likely to be home tomorrow so that will be a relief.
    pretty much all my side of the family, not including me) has asthma, and my brother was a severe sufferer so its something that i've grown used to and can accept now as a daily part of life, although it doesn't stop it being worrying.

At the beginning of the month and this diary, i set myself a goal of playing 400 games and from what i gather the whole point in setting these goals is that when u reach them you reward yourself in some way or another, i didn't specify a reward from what i can remember so i decided today that my reward was going to be buying into the 12k bounty hunter Tonight. its a £33 buy in tournament and one that i would never even go near playing, but i figure that i have worked for it and deserve it, not only did i smash my goal (im at close to 600 games now) but i did so without losing money, which for me is a massive achievement in itself. and who knows i might even win it, id like to say stranger things have happened but that is probably not true.

good night all :)
  • edited January 2015
    Best wishes to your son. I hope he and everything is okay. 
  • edited January 2015
    Sorry to hear bout your kid m8.Know exactly how cr*p it is man.My kids  been in and out of hosi the last 6 7 months havin to go on the nebuliser.Been told they generally grow out of it after 7 years old.Fingers crossed,eh?Enjoyin the poker side of the diary btw lol.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited February 2015
    so my phone died mid post last night and i wasnt able to update but i had an awful night i played the main the mini and one other BH and took one head in the mini and nothing else. a loss of around £50. and tonight the awful play continued, along with abit of bad varience. going to have to go over a few of the training videos i watched last month and refresh it all in my head.

overall this month has been the most profitable month ive ever had, and its my second profitable month in a row, so i should be ending the month happy at my results but fact is im abit dissapointed in some of my play over the last few days and that ive let myself tilt a bit.
    i obviously still have a lot to work onm over the coming months and hopefully can get back to winning ways.

Todays profit/loss: £35.4
    End of month balance £149.33
    end of month C4P: 2408

This months profit (incl C4P): +£119.91

My goals for next month is going to be another volum based one, im gonna set myself a target of 500 £3.30 DYMs and a limit of 5 MTT's a week, and not play any other game types, this will helpfully allow me to focus on the game types im strongest at and improve my ROI while allowing me to work on my game.

Goodnight all
  • edited February 2015
    so after a shocking end to January, i really needed a positive first day in Febuary just to give me that bit of confidence back, and today that's just what happened. stuck strictly to my 3.30 dyms only, watched a few training videos while playing which helped, dished out a few bad beats to stuarty117 (quite frankly its the only way i can beat him) dished another out to bongo (you may have already read about this one its in the forum) but other than that i played well and managed to get the chips in while in front the majority of the time, i think my hand reading skills are improving a little bit each day and hopefully results throughout the month will reflect this.

The night didn't end particularly well losing my last 4 games but played well enough before that for it to be brushed off and ill make up for it tomorrow my winning all 3 DTD games.

I really like this months sky promo but after putting in my highest ever volume of games last month, i think im going to struggle to get the extra 100% needed to match this, so i've upped my tables to 3 which will give me a 50% extra on last month, and hopefully if i can get online enough while the double points are given out and with the extra table i should just about manage it. however i dont want chasing the promo to get in the  way of my results and learning, so if i feel like my game is suffering because of adding a table or chasing points, then ill simply go back to 2 and just give it up. because while £60,000 sounds great, just qualifying is going to be hard enough theres no garuntee i will win anything when entered so i could chase the points and then end up going out early and getting nothing from it anyway.

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->
    DYMs playedDYMs wonDYMs lostTodays profit/loss
    402416 £12

Febuary total gamesC4PFebuary profit/loss 
    40/500120£12 
  • edited February 2015
    GL RLT and dont forget the double points weekends a few hours muli-tabling during those weekends should really boost the points.

Agree that you shouldnt try and force it though. 

At games and levels you are comfortable with, especially DYMs, multi-tabling 3-4 is relatively straight forward.

• edited February 2015
    Another absolute shocking day on the tables yesterday only happy with my performance in dtd 2 but otherwise i feel like i played awfully and that on top of lag issues really annoyed me probably should of logged off earlier but results did improve towards end of the night.

331320-30.9

73/500258-18.9 
  • edited February 2015
    GL RLT and dont forget the double points weekends a few hours muli-tabling during those weekends should really boost the points. Agree that you shouldnt try and force it though.  At games and levels you are comfortable with, especially DYMs, multi-tabling 3-4 is relatively straight forward.
    Posted by Phantom66
    My head hurts when i play 4 LOL
  • edited February 2015
    I will be honest, after the first 8 games today i thought to myself should i just withdraw whats in my account and leave, for no reason other than doubting my own ability, i had a few lag issues last night that were probably still annoying me a litle bit and it with how bad i was playing i just didnt see the point in carrying on and could see myself having to deposit again if i didnt get out of the bad run i was on.

I lost 7 of my first 8 games today which if you included the previous days results meant id won only 14 of the last 41 games i had played, i'm sure the more experienced players on here will probably say that down swings like that happen all the time and you just have to learn to deal with them and that its a small sample size, and i guess there right but for a player of my standard (very average) to have your confidence knocked on those runs can be pretty destroying.  well anyway I didnt leave instead i loaded up the poker videos id watched a month or so ago and watched them while playing, and also read through johnconnnors blog for what must be atleast the 10th time. i read through the pms that had been sent to me offering me advice.

Then it all clicked into place I played a further 29 games and won 23 of them (including 1 £5.50 that im not entirely sure how i regged for) so i not only managed to recoup everything i lost this morning but most of my loses from the previous night to, and put me in profit for the month. confidence right now is on a massive high hoping to continue tonights form into tommorows games.

109/5003714.8 
  • edited February 2015
    Mad a very busy day yesterday so only
    Managed to fit in 8 games, but they mostly went well winning 5 and losing 3 the table loading issue that a lot of people were having was a bit annoying but i suppose the effect on the game is minimal in a DYM. But it didnt effect any of the games i lost that was due to bad play on my part. 

A question to anyone reading this who plays Dyms if your short stack on the bubble with 1.2-2k, blinds at 150/300+, and the other 3 all around 3.5k, what is your shoving range pre flop? I assume alot of people are shoving very wide here but its something that generally i try not to do, I'm normally quite happy to take a few orbits and wait for a better hand q10+, k10+ ,j10, or pairs higher than 8's. Should my shoving range be a lot wider here to steal more blinds, i have a feeling it should be but pressing that shove button into 1/2 or 3 other players at that stage is always quite scary.  I know john combos blog advises shoving any two but is that to wide of a range? 

Thiughts appriciated 

• edited February 2015
    Another very short session today but the good results continue to come 8 games played, 7 games won with just the single loss the loss was a stupid one thought as i was second in chips at the time woke up with QQ and it ended up going aipf agaisnt the chip leader who had AK and hit, bad play on both our parts (although im sure he didnt mind)  i need to improve my discipline in those situations and just bin them.

Today's profit £13.30. 

Back to work now to earn some money the old fashioned way. Gl at the tables all