You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rlt's Diary. First update of 2017

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Another + day yesterday so shouldnt complain but i was a bit dissapointed with my overall results if im being honest, i had one of the regs tilting at me yesterday due to the way i played one of my hands agaisnt him

blinds at 25/50 Im on the button and  pick up KK and 3x it, he is the big blind and re raises to 350 so i call. flop comes 9 4 2, theres 725 in the pot and i have around 1000 chips left he puts in a small raise of 200 and i jam on him. he folds, and spend the rest of the game telling everyone how much money ive lost quoting my sharkscope stats (which by the way i dont care about as im open and honest about them anyway and if people are seeing them and thinking im a bad player well i guess thats a good thing as i have improved alot since then) he also tells me how much of a donkey/fish i am. well 5/6 hands later i knock him out of the game AQ vs QJ aipf. after that though we played a few more times and the abuse ofcourse continued and i think it threw me of my game a little, i was trying to get one over on him to shut him up rather than concentrating on my own game which has been very good over the last few days and it affected my results a little. lesson learnt (although he didnt cash in any of the games either so justice was done)

I try and be chatty and friendly to everyone i sit at a table with and im sure the people i play with regularly will agree with that, but when people like him are sat at the table with me i cant help but give them abit of stick back, i just hate people that are rude and arrogant with little reason to be so.

anyway to my results and like i said another plus day not as much as id of liked but its another step in the right direction.

DYMs playedDYMs wonDYMs lostTodays profit/loss

Febuary total gamesC4PFebuary profit/loss 
    156/500530£27 
    Also had my  january bonus of £28.04 added to my account woop woop so now sat with a balance of £194.59 and nearly time to take a few more potshots at the £5.50 games. although im going to wait until i have 50 BI's
  • edited February 2015
    Always enjoy being at your tables (and stealing your blinds), the player in question is always rude but was nice to see him lose his chips as he was abusing my play as well, keep up the good work and hope to see you on the tables later.
  • edited February 2015
    ''blinds at 25/50 Im on the button and  pick up KK and 3x it, he is the big blind and re raises to 350 so i call. flop comes 9 4 2, theres 725 in the pot and i have around 1000 chips left he puts in a small raise of 200 and i jam on him. he folds, and spend the rest of the game telling everyone how much money ive lost quoting my sharkscope stats''

Playing poker (similar to what I see in Golf) can sometimes be a window to the darkest parts of the psyche and certain individuals can't seem to help themselves, ignoring is probably best (caveat; I don't always take that advice), but without a doubt knocking them out is much, much better :-)

ps. If someone wants to abuse me they are welcome, but it better be witty....using sharkscope is 1. boring, 2. unimaginative and 3. a cheapshot. 

pPs. I like sitting at your tables ;-)

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Rlt's Diary:
    ''blinds at 25/50 Im on the button and  pick up KK and 3x it, he is the big blind and re raises to 350 so i call. flop comes 9 4 2, theres 725 in the pot and i have around 1000 chips left he puts in a small raise of 200 and i jam on him. he folds, and spend the rest of the game telling everyone how much money ive lost quoting my sharkscope stats'' Playing poker (similar to what I see in Golf) can sometimes be a window to the darkest parts of the psyche and certain individuals can't seem to help themselves, ignoring is probably best (caveat; I don't always take that advice), but without a doubt knocking them out is much, much better :-) ps. If someone wants to abuse me they are welcome, but it better be witty....using sharkscope is 1. boring, 2. unimaginative and 3. a cheapshot.  pPs. I like sitting at your tables ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    i also enjoy sitting at your tables, although id rather avoid it as their are definitely some softer opponents out there :)

yesterdays results werent so good, but going through the historys of the games im struggling to see what i could of done different in most of my out hands, i played 10 games and lost 7, 5 of my outs i believe were geniune coolers, with 2x full house vs quads, 2 x sets vs rivered flushes (where the moeny went in on the flop) and 1 flopped top 2 pair vs bottom set, the two pair one i may have been ableto get away with vs a reg, but it was someone that i have played a few times and often goes all in with mid pair and worse. the other two game were quite standard bubbles when i got abit short and had to start shoving wider ranges and ran into better hands, it happens and ill move on :)

1037-15

166/500593 £12 
    thats my thrid losing saturday in a row, so much for softer games at weekends, i always seem to get crushed :/
  • edited February 2015
    My afternnon session is over, and i decided to do somethign crazy today.. i was 5 tabling this wasbasically because i started well in the 3 three games i was playing and was as sure as you can ever be that id cash in them all so i decided i may aswell get 2 more started while i wait for them to finish but then the good results just kept on coming so i just kept going with the 5 tables. i won 13 of my first 14 dyms so felt no need to drop back down to 3 tables. Also decided to play a £5.75 bh as i was running well but that didnt even get going. early stages picked up AK agaisnt a guy that had been fairly loose raised it up 4x he called flop came K 10 2 i was happy to get it all in there and then after seeing what hed been up to already and you guessed it 10 2 but to be fair they were suited so i dont any reasons why not to call 4 x pre OOP lol. i swear ill get the hang of the bounty hunters one day.

But until then im going to go have some dinner then come back tomnight ready to win 1 of the 3 DTD games, im not fussy which.

17143£22.15

193/500725
    £37.15 
  • edited February 2015
    Double update today as i didnt post yesterdays results.

Had an awful day at work today due to my boss' boss being a bit of a moron over what can be described as the pettiest of things (one of the things was we have a phone with caller recognition and when he phones up his name pops up on the phone, so when i answered it i said "hello mark, how are you" to which i recieved a foul mouthed rant at how he had asked my boss to remove his name from the phone and that i should be answering the phone in a specific way each time, comepletely pathetic and unreasonable) then a couple more incidents happened which resulted in me spending an extra 3/4 hours at ork trying to fix a fairly serious situation tht quite frankly i shouldnt have been dealing with but people in positions above me werent there so instead of skirking responsibilty i rung them to let them know what was happening and procedded to deal with it as best as i could while doing my actual job along side. this brought on another foul mouthed rant.

So tommorow the job hunt starts, i enjoy my job and most the people i work with, but to o what i do with mostly no recognition isnt rewarding in any other way than being payed (which ofcourse is the most important thing and im very grateful for it) but ive been there 6 years now and a new challange is definitely needed.  so tikay if your readin this and want to put in a good word ill pm you a copy of my CV i figure if you can have richard orford present a show on poker you can just about give the job to anyone ;)

was very hit and miss yesterday but after an overall good week leading up to it a -£15 days wasnt going to be anythign to tilt me or effect me in ways that it may have done before i played 34 Dym wining 17 and losing 17. had abit of a hard time playing my big pocket pairs, every time i got QQ and id raise 3/4x id still end up with 2/3 callers and the flop would come AKx and then id struggle to figure out where i was (although in this spot id say im probably behind 90% of the time) and then my KK and AA weere coming up agaisnt straight draws flush draws or both and i think i let myself think they had those hands to many times and got paranoid and folded after investing alot into the pots, althought the times i did decided to go with it they had the straight/flush in question, but thats just poker sometimes. i also played tjr mini turbo BH but that flopped completely despite getting off to a very good start and getting a very early triple up to around 9k chips (although i got no head prizes for this).

341717-£15.70

Today was pretty much the complete opposite everything i played went well, my big pocket pairs kept holding up and i cashed in 9 of the 10 games i played. In one game i had AA, KKx2 and QQx2 in the space of 12 hands, safe to say thats one of the easiest cashes ive had in a dym for a long time. a few of my games were 2.25 dyms tonight as a good friend of mine ws playing on the site so i decided to play a few with him, he did fairly well and it made the night even more enjoyable being able to have a nice chat with a mate while playing. although he did reg for a turbo DYM at one point which i decided to follow him into for a bit of a change, cant believe some of the play you get in those it was crazy but again managed to get an early double up and just let the rest of them go crazy :)

1091£17.20

Febuary total gamesC4PFebuary profit/lossBalance
    239/500898£36.35£203.89

• edited February 2015
    Yesterday didnt go very well at all, just another saturday for me really dont know what it is about them but i seem to struggle every week probably underestimating my opponents no giving them credit for being as good as they are, and poor play on my behalf, can see no other reasons for it, all of these reasons are my fault and need to be worked on if im going to make money.

19712-£20.7

272/5001088£14.43 
    anyway today has started in much better fashion. update will come at end of session tonight/early tommorow morning
  • edited February 2015
    only played 1  game yesterday and that was the UKPC quater final that I was entered in for free for winning a competition on the show last week ,  wasnt going to be able to enter the main event if i win due to work commitments so has to reg for the semi and try and win to get the entrance fee as a prize, so thas what I did. And it went well finishing  in the money :)  

So plus +£48 for the day 

Bigger session planned for tomorow along side the DTD games :)
  • edited February 2015

"....so tikay if your readin this and want to put in a good word ill pm you a copy of my CV i figure if you can have richard orford present a show on poker you can just about give the job to anyone ;)...."

I'm reading Bro, I'm-a-reading.

I mean, if Orford can, anyone can, right?

PS - Congrats on 100 Posts. 

• edited February 2015
    "....so tikay if your readin this and want to put in a good word ill pm you a copy of my CV i figure if you can have richard orford present a show on poker you can just about give the job to anyone ;)...." I'm reading Bro, I'm-a-reading. I mean, if Orford can, anyone can, right? PS - Congrats on 100 Posts.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks tikay surprised it lasted this long to be honest, im never normally good and contiuing with stuff like this to be honest, and id exepected to have gone busto a long time ago :). they still havent contacted me about the job though so guess i'll look elsewhere, i dont have the face for tv anyway.

• edited February 2015
    Now to recent results, I havent been able to play any where near the required amount of poker to be in with a chance of quailiying for the up your game free rolls so i've given up on them now and am solely concentrating on grinding the DYMs for profit.

since my nice satelittle win a couple of days ago ive only managed to play 13 games but won 9 of them for a tidy profit, gradually getting towards the 50 BI's for £5.50 dyms, still not to sure about moving completely up to them so will probably go back down to 2 tables at first and see how it goes to start, maybe play some £3.30 along side them.

1394£11.10

285/5001129£72.43£238.72

Looking to get a lot more game in second half of the month as i have a bit more spare time and a better work schedule, and who knows i might even be able to break through the £300 barrier  :)

• edited February 2015
    another small batch of games and im dissapointed with recent results but my bad runs now are alot better than they used to be, i used to lose 10+ in a row while now that doesnt tend to ever happen (although im sure it will)

played a couple of bonuty hunters again and had poor results with only 1 head from 2 games, but made up for it in some HUSNG's which i tend to have fairly good results in.

412120-9.3

326/5001272£65.01
    £231.30

• edited February 2015
    Didnt get to play any poker yesterday but here are my results from the day before
    271314-£11.10

353/500406£54.31£220.60
    was lucky enough to win another ukpc quater final seat, so going to try and sneak somne winning by sitting in the semi again, i did say in my post on the show not to enter me into the draw, but im not going to turn away free entries if give to me, so thanks alot again to the people at sky.

• edited February 2015
    very enjoyable session today, played alot better than i have recently, and results showed that playd one BH tournament but totally flopped, and also flopped in the ukpc quater final that i was given a free seat into.
    but the dym results were much improved

384/5001615£74. 01£240.30
  • edited February 2015
    No poker of note yesterday, i insteasd tried boosting my c4p to try and get into the freerolls, didnt go well, losing £22 for only 115 extra points, back to the proper poker today.

edit.. i meant to say i did this by playnig russian roulettes
  • edited February 2015
    short session yesterday, only the 16 dyms, also played some heads up games on my mobile while out but had no way of keep track of the results but they went ok.
    16106£7.20

401/5001793£68.71£225.15
  • edited February 2015
    another short session, with a few roulettes and HU games in to try and build up my c4p abit more ended in profit for the day again so cant groan.
    1064£6.95

Febuary total DYM's
    C4PFebuary profit/lossBalance
    411/500185675.66£232.10
    i have got friday and saturday off work this week and the mrs just happens to be going away with her mum, so hopefully going to get in a big session, although i cant see how im possibly going to get the remaining 1000 points i need for the first free roll.
  • edited February 2015
    another short session, with a few roulettes and HU games in to try and build up my c4p abit more ended in profit for the day again so cant groan. DYMs played DYMs won DYMs lost Todays profit/loss 10 6 4 £6.95                         Febuary total DYM's C4P Febuary profit/loss Balance 411/500 1856 75.66 £232.10 i have got friday and saturday off work this week and the mrs just happens to be going away with her mum, so hopefully going to get in a big session, although i cant see how im possibly going to get the remaining 1000 points i need for the first free roll.
    Posted by RLT16
    100 x £5 games from 5pm Friday until midnight Saturday and your sorted mate ;)
  • edited February 2015
    very good, and profitable session tonight, dont know where all the regs were but managed to avoid them all so that made the games slightly easier and it definitely payed of in terms of results.

362511£31.20

454/500219588.7£253.63
    I also accidently made my first withdrawal from my account after depositing to recieve free tournament tokens that were offered to me in an email, i was only meant to withdraw the £10 i deposited but took out £15 instead, cant wait until its in my bank im going to go buy myself something nice, all suggestions welcome ;)

With only 1 days left of the current promo i have given up on the freerolls, instead my aim for tommorow is to reach 3000 points, a massive task but as the family are away, and ive got nothing planned except watching football im going to give it a good shot, by my workings out i need to play 133 £3.30 dyms or 81 £5 dyms so im probably going to move up and play the £5 games tomorow. may even throw in some hyper HU games as i do pretty well in them and they are alot quicker.
  • edited February 2015
    GL today rlt! x
  • edited February 2015
    GL today rlt! x
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thankyou! And best of luck to you to :)
  • edited February 2015
    GL RLT

Sorry only noticed that you emailed me will try and reply later. Hope to see you on the tables so i can steal your blinds.

BR going up nicely.

My advice would be to add one table of 5.50 so if you play 3 tables just play two 3.30s and one 5.50. But of course its up to you.

I tried 5.50s again last week and lost a few in a row so i am back to 3.30s which have been much better.

Stuarty

• edited March 2015
    Did you make it?! Did you spend all your money? Hehe :)
  • edited March 2015
    Did you make it?! Did you spend all your money? Hehe :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    got absolutely no where near, however i did have a very good day at the tables, and it started of very profitably... then i moved up to the £5.50 tables and lost everthing i had made lol, althought in the 5 £5.50 games i played i got to the bubble in each and never as the short stack, but i happened to be the one calling the shorties all in, 4 out of the 5 i called while ahead and lady luck just wasnt with me for 3 of them and i ended up with a stack of 2/3 BB's and no option to shove. on another day could so easily have been 5 wins so cant complain and definitely havent been put off by the standard of play.

yesterdays £3.30 results and end of month profit.

500/500252691.9£256.83
    Profit since January: £211.81

Marchs goals, have a very busy month again this month, including a week away up to sunderland to visit some family (which will also include playing the forum DTD game in newcastle looking forward to meeting some of you) so im not going to get any where near the amount of games i did this month in so im going to set myself a more conservative target of 250 games this month but with aroud half of these being at the £5 level instead of the £3 level, im very confident that if needed i can go back down to the £3 games and build up my roll again should it take a dent, so i want to give myself a decent run of games in the £5 level to get to play people and take notes on them, allow for vairence etc to see whether i can make a profit at the £5 level or whether i need to work on my game some more before this is realistic, so with my br at £256 before the C4P bnous, im gonna say that i'll play £5 game but if i drop to £200 then ill move back down to the £3 games until im back to 250. so not allowing myself to drop below 40 BI's. hopefully this wont be the case but its best plan for the worst.

wish you all the best of luck for march! see you at the tables
  • edited March 2015
    So my first full session of £5 games is over, and to be honest i was a bit nervous about moving up levels, all my previous experience at in the £5 games had resulted in a loss of money, confidence and occasionally putting me on tilt but i built up the roll to play them so id be stupid to not atleast give it a shot.Well to cut to the chase it went really well, except for a patch of i won 8 of my first 9 games, and the one game i lost was due to this hand..

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    RLT16 Small blind  75.00 75.00 2090.00
    Big blind  150.00 225.00 1885.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

dangriff Fold     
    TEF22 Fold     
    GFKIJKLL Fold     
    RLT16 Raise  375.00 600.00 1715.00
    xCall  300.00 900.00 1585.00
    Flop

• Q
    • J

RLT16 All-in  1715.00 2615.00 0.00
    xAll-in  1585.00 4200.00 0.00
    RLT16 Unmatched bet  130.00 4070.00 130.00
    RLT16 Show
    • A
    • A

Show
    • Q

Turn

River

Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 4070.00  4070.00
    so not alot i could do about that really had a few reads on the guy who had been coming along to see most flops regardless of action, the board was quite draw heavy hence why i went for the shove (is this the wrong thing to do?). if i played this hand vs this guy 100 more times id probably not change a thing.towards the end of a session had a bit of a blip and lost a few games but managed to win a few after that so ended up with a very handy profit.

Todays DYMs PlayedDYMs WonDYMs LostTodays profit22166£39        Months profit
    Months C4P total
    Months DYMs played
    Balance3911522/250£295.83
  • edited March 2015
    Just a very small session today before i have to go to work, but again a very good and profitable one losing only the 1 game in which i was in 3rd on the bubble when the guy who was short stack shoved into my QQ, he turned over 86 board was 8 x 6 x 6 :(, nothing i can do about that and got to the point were I'm very confident in my game so these things don't faze me as much.

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->
    Todays DYMs PlayedDYMs WonDYMs LostTodays profit
    651£17

Months profit
    Months C4P total
    Months DYMs played
    Balance
    5614528/250£312.83
  • edited March 2015
    Biggest session of the month so far and it was a very hit and miss session to say the least at one point i was £32 down for the day and considering moving back down to the £3 levels just to win a few games and get my confidence back up. instead i decided to stick to what  i said i would in this diary and only move down if i went down to £200 in my BR, and t all worked out for the best in the end, im quickly familiarising myself with the better and more regular players at the £5 level, and i think more importantly im familirising myself with the players i feel i have an advantage over to and trying to sit with them as often as possible.

I finished the session with only 1 loss from my last ten games which helped me to end the day in profit, i believe this is the ast time ive ever had 3 profitable days in a row, and to do it just after moving up stakes feels good.

i Somehow managed to reg for a £3.30 DYM at some point during the day although how i have no idea must have been a series of misclicks, however i went on to csh in it, then used the winnings of the game to enter a 2.30 BH in which i went out first hand, with.. you guessed it AA AIPF vs JJ, not to fussed about it, although i really do want to start working on my MTT game and doing better in these, its not my poker priority at the moment, i think that will come when i finally get my sharkscope back into the green :)

Todays DYMs PlayedDYMs WonDYMs LostTodays profit402317£10.4        Months profit
    Months C4P total
    Months DYMs played
    Balance6635168/250£323.23

for those intested heres some updated pics of my s/s graphs pre jan 15 and from jan 15, that i posted earlier on in the dairy, i still get grief on the tables about how much im down blah de blah but i've never been ashamed of it and i've always been open about it and the fact that i was learning (although i should of been more activel learning earlier on and i wouldnt of lost so much) so i think its nice to post them every once in a while to show the development i have made

Pre Jan 15

since jan 15

Have a good night everyone and gl at the tables

• edited March 2015
    Wd rlt, you're so much more disciplined than me! Really good to see your BR increasing :)
  • edited March 2015
    Wd rlt, you're so much more disciplined than me! Really good to see your BR increasing :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    I'm not sure that is saying much though Ducky!
    You're as disciplined as a fat kid with a £100 in his pocket in a sweet shop.

Good work RLT
  • edited March 2015

£323.23?

BOOMIO

Well done Bus Bloke.

Love the way you are patiently increasing your bankroll in those DYM's.

As you may know, I've been doing the same thing for 18 months now, & it's the most fun I've ever had in poker.

Every night I begin full of hope & optimism, & some days it goes well, others days, not so much. It seems impossible to have a nice, smooth, upward graph, but if we do the right things, it does, gradually, relentlessly head north. Or that's the theory......

Next stop £400, woo-woo.