You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

(The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015

Comments

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: (The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015:
    In Response to Re: (The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015 : Oh go on then, you twisted my arm. Could you stick my player cards for 2014 and 2015 on here? Alias 'ricorford' (no 'h') And if you want to put it on your main thread as well for everyone to gawp at, laugh at, learn from etc please feel free- I have no shame. :-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD

morning rich,

as requested, here is your player card 2014.

RICORFORD       31 Dec    
            no rank rate    
        1st            
        2nd            
        3rd            
        final table   2 2,548 2%    
        cash   17 977 18%    
        bubble   2   2%    
        quarter 1   52 607 56%    
        quarter 4            
        heads   34 3,708 0.4    
        played   93 1,617      
        points   73 915 0.8    
        buy-in   £1,662 1,411 £18    
        return   £1,118 1,881 £12    
         + / -    -£544   -£6    
        ROI %   -33%        

summary:  RICORFORD played 93 of the 3240 tournaments in 2014 that had a guarantee of £1,000 or more.  RICORFORD won 0 games (0%), made 2 final tables (2%), cashed in 17 games (18%) and bubbled 2 times.  RICORFORD had 52 top quarter finishes (56%), 0 bottom quarter finishes (0%) and took 34 heads which is a rate of 0.4 per game.

rank:  from a total of 38383 unique players, this ranked RICORFORD as 0 for wins and 915 for points.  RICORFORD is ranked at 2548 for final tables, 977 for cashes, 607 for making the top quarter and ranked 3708 for heads taken.

money:  with buy-ins of £1662 and returns of £1118 this gives RICORFORD a loss of £544 which is a return on investment (ROI) of -33%.

• edited January 2015

... and for january 2015.

RICORFORD       18 Jan    
            no rank rate    
        1st            
        2nd            
        3rd   1   14%    
        final table   1 1,217 14%    
        cash   3 745 43%    
        bubble            
        quarter 1   3 1,698 43%    
        quarter 4            
        heads   6 2,868 0.9    
        played   7 2,597      
        points   10 973 1.4    
        buy-in   £143 1,429 £20    
        return   £927 158 £132    
         + / -    £784   £112    
        ROI %   548%        

summary:  RICORFORD has played 7 of the 416 tournaments so far this month that have a guarantee of £500 or more.  RICORFORD has won 0 games (0%), made 1 final tables (14%), has cashed in 3 games (43%) and has bubbled 0 times.  RICORFORD has 3 top quarter finishes (43%), 0 bottom quarter finishes (0%) and has taken 6 heads which is a rate of 0.9 per game.

rank:  from a total of 10950 unique players, this ranks RICORFORD as 0 for wins and 973 for points.  RICORFORD is ranked at 1217 for final tables, 745 for cashes, 1698 for making the top quarter and ranked 2868 for heads taken.

money:  with buy-ins of £143 and returns of £927 this gives RICORFORD a profit of £784 which is a return on investment (ROI) of 548%.

• edited January 2015
    Good morning Mr Orford.
    Your  loss of  £186 is an anagram of 861.
      I have watched you play in a ukops event and know you are a very capable player, so £186 is only one tournament and  you are in profit.
    The £2.20 @2.20deepstack is played every day at 2.20pm for £2.20 and only very good poker players are capable of winning it.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2015
    Surely when you add your satellite bubble cash from the previous UKOPS you are already in profit?
  • edited January 2015
    Surely when you add your satellite bubble cash from the previous UKOPS you are already in profit?
    Posted by FCHD
    I assumed this would be included in my Sharkscope stats???
  • edited January 2015

gl with this rich, you are more than capable of being in profit by the end of 2015

btw if you have a free monday evening why not try your hand at FORUM DTD 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: (The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015 : I assumed this would be included in my Sharkscope stats???
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Normally, so would I, but I can't see where the graph rises sufficiently to cater for it
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck Rich, we all know you can do it.

My only reservation is the timing, ie starting this a few days after your biggest ever win. Many diaries started here during heaters end up being quietly abandoned when the author's results regress to the mean. Of course nobody will let you get away with that.

Let's hope this remains imaginatively titled.......not imaginatively tilted.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: (The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015 : morning rich, as requested, here is your player card 2014.     RICORFORD       31 Dec             no rank rate         1st                 2nd                 3rd                 final table   2 2,548 2%         cash   17 977 18%         bubble   2   2%         quarter 1   52 607 56%         quarter 4                 heads   34 3,708 0.4         played   93 1,617           points   73 915 0.8         buy-in   £1,662 1,411 £18         return   £1,118 1,881 £12           + / -     -£544   -£6         ROI %   -33%                                             summary:   RICORFORD played 93 of the 3240 tournaments in 2014 that had a guarantee of £1,000 or more.   RICORFORD won 0 games (0%), made 2 final tables (2%), cashed in 17 games (18%) and bubbled 2 times.   RICORFORD had 52 top quarter finishes (56%), 0 bottom quarter finishes (0%) and took 34 heads which is a rate of 0.4 per game.   rank:   from a total of 38383 unique players, this ranked RICORFORD as 0 for wins and 915 for points.   RICORFORD is ranked at 2548 for final tables, 977 for cashes, 607 for making the top quarter and ranked 3708 for heads taken.   money:   with buy-ins of £1662 and returns of £1118 this gives RICORFORD a loss of £544 which is a return on investment (ROI) of -33%.    
    Posted by aussie09

Thanks Rob- actually not as bad as I envisioned. 56% top quarter finishes and 0% bottom quarter finishes is not a bad stat.

Obviously the -33% ROI isn't pretty though.

• edited January 2015
    ... and for january 2015.     RICORFORD       18 Jan             no rank rate         1st                 2nd                 3rd   1   14%         final table   1 1,217 14%         cash   3 745 43%         bubble                 quarter 1   3 1,698 43%         quarter 4                 heads   6 2,868 0.9         played   7 2,597           points   10 973 1.4         buy-in   £143 1,429 £20         return   £927 158 £132           + / -     £784   £112         ROI %   548%                                             summary:   RICORFORD has played 7 of the 416 tournaments so far this month that have a guarantee of £500 or more.   RICORFORD has won 0 games (0%), made 1 final tables (14%), has cashed in 3 games (43%) and has bubbled 0 times.   RICORFORD has 3 top quarter finishes (43%), 0 bottom quarter finishes (0%) and has taken 6 heads which is a rate of 0.9 per game.   rank:   from a total of 10950 unique players, this ranks RICORFORD as 0 for wins and 973 for points.   RICORFORD is ranked at 1217 for final tables, 745 for cashes, 1698 for making the top quarter and ranked 2868 for heads taken.   money:   with buy-ins of £143 and returns of £927 this gives RICORFORD a profit of £784 which is a return on investment (ROI) of 548%.    
    Posted by aussie09
    This is more like it! ROI of 548%. I feel sure that figure will stay like that for at least another two, maybe three hours.
  • edited January 2015
        gl with this rich, you are more than capable of being in profit by the end of 2015    btw if you have a free monday evening why not try your hand at FORUM DTD 
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Cheers Mike- just need to turn capability into actuality... :-)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: (The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015 : Normally, so would I, but I can't see where the graph rises sufficiently to cater for it
    Posted by FCHD
    No, having looked at it now, the UKOPs sat win is on there. See photo below.

Sadly, I haven't just received a timely bump-up and will still have to grind away into profit. Thanks for trying to give me a short-cut though :-)
  • edited January 2015
    Good luck Rich, we all know you can do it. My only reservation is the timing, ie starting this a few days after your biggest ever win. Many diaries started here during heaters end up being quietly abandoned when the author's results regress to the mean. Of course nobody will let you get away with that. Let's hope this remains imaginatively titled.......not imaginatively tilted.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Cheers Gary.

'Imaginatively tilted'. Nice. Wish I'd thought of that!

Well, I've started blogs/diaries before in the middle of a barren run, so I guess I'm just mixing it up a bit. Also, the main event cash coincided with my very first session of 2015, and my previous bankroll challenge thread was becoming meaningless as I wasn't exercising any bankroll management as such, simply playing the main and mini once a week.

I'm under no illusions that my ROI is only going to go down from here. But I'll give it a shot- and making another £186 seems like a realsitic target to begin with.

• edited January 2015
    So, after two sessions so far this year, both winning ones (albeit one a lot more winningy than the other) I'm doing my third session tonight from about 7. 

Definitely going to play the main and mini for starters and will no doubt give a few other mtts a go too.

Hope to see you all later!

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: (The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015 : Thanks Rob- actually not as bad as I envisoned. 56% top quarter finishes and 0% bottom quarter finishes is not a bad stat. Obviously the -33% ROI isn't pretty though.
    Posted by RICHORFORD

you're welcome. 

your 56% for quarter 1 and 0% quarter 4 are quite astonishing really.  certainly unusual.  combine this with the heads rate might mean that you are a wee bit passive and that you prefer to go to value town instead of stacking your opponent. 

or it could mean that you register and go out to the pub instead of playing.

• edited January 2015
    Good afternoon Mr Orford.
    Good luck tonight.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2015
    Good afternoon Mr Orford. Good luck tonight. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397

Seeing as you persuaded Rich to play yr deepy and he won... I think you should use yr charm to get him in DTD ;)

• edited January 2015
    Good afternoon again Mr Orford.
    I and the whole of the Sky community would consider it a great honour if a player of your exceptional talent and class, could spare the time to participate in the dtds when you have a spare monday evening.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2015
    Thanks for the invite Sam and Rainman- I'm going to give the main and mini a crack tonight and want to be able to concentrate on them as I'm on a run (of two results!!lol!) at the moment and think I should go for the hat-trick.

If I'm playing again on a future Monday I'll try and drop in to at least one of the events to restate my £2.20 deepy credentials!

GL tonight!
  • edited January 2015
    Gl Rich. I see my barry chuckle pic finally made it past the mods.

Bring him on now as an understudy. I believe he already plays here BChuckle was on one of the TV hands last night.

• edited January 2015
    Thanks for the invite Sam and Rainman- I'm going to give the main and mini a crack tonight and want to be able to concentrate on them as I'm on run (of two results!!lol!) at the moment and think I should go for the hat-trick. If I'm playing again on a future Monday I'll try and drop in to at least one of the events to restate my £2.20 deepy credentials! GL tonight!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

See this Rainman... couple of binks and he forgets where he started ;) OJ.... GL in yr quest Rich:)
  • edited January 2015
    Gl Rich. I see my barry chuckle pic finally made it past the mods. Bring him on now as an understudy. I believe he already plays here BChuckle was on one of the TV hands last night.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Poor old Barry. Some might argue his poker ability is above mine though.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: (The Imaginatively Titled) Orford Poker Journal 2015 : See this Rainman... couple of binks and he forgets where he started ;) OJ.... GL in yr quest Rich:)
    Posted by samantha25

True, Sam- one cash and I've gone all Charlie Big Time. Luckily, a couple of standard sessions for me in the next couple of weeks will bring me crashing back down to earth.

;-)
  • edited January 2015
    Right, I'm off and running tonight. Going main, mini and hopefully the 9pm BH.

Trying to sateliite into the main and the BH as we speak!
  • edited January 2015
    Lol- well I don't want to be accused of only running this thread when things are going well, so here goes...

In my third session of the year (Monday19th) I had an absolute shocker.

Busted the main and mini in fairly short order, this just off the back of Aussie09 telling me I hadn't finished in the bottom quarter of an MTT in over a year!

Bubbled a satellite into the £55 BH, wasn't the pure bubble so I at least got my money back, but it was still gutting. After another failed satellite, proceeded to directly buy-in to the aforementioned BH, as a number of other MTTs and didn't cash in any of them. Although in the last one of them I finished again just a few spots off the money from about 300 runners.

Here's the damage...

I start the year at the graph's lowest point (on the right), it goes -£1075 on the 30th Dec 2014. Looking bad.

Then I get it all the way up to -£167 on the 7th January 2015. Looking good.

And now I sit, not quite as pretty, at -£348 on the 21st. Looking m'eh.

i.e. I've dropped £181 in one session. Yeesh... 

Bit of a pattern emerging over the years as you can see.  Big spike followed by gradual decline. Should be the other way round! :-(

Oh well, just gotta keep going and hope it's variance.
  • edited January 2015
    Wednesday 28th Jan 8.57pm

OK, I've late-regged into both the main and mini tonight at the start of session 4. Been playing for around 40 minutes and nothing much to shout about at this stage. Topped up immediately in both games but so far have dropped down to around to half my stack in one game and two thirds of it in another.

Hoping things get going a little more at the add-on stage.

To recap the story so far:-

Session 1- amazing- large profit

Session 2- not bad at all- small profit

Session 3- shocking- large loss

Session 4..(in play).....?

Watch this space!
  • edited February 2015
    Captain's Log- Wednesday 2nd February...

Another losing session last time. Guess I've got to accept the variance when I only play 4 or 5 tournaments in a session, per week.

So, here's the Sharkscope graph now...

Now £390 away from breaking even.

I'll be back on it again tonight- playing the main, the mini and hopefully the £55 BH is I can satellite in.

Hope to see you there!
  • edited February 2015
    60th in the main and cashed in the mini 23rd/257 for around £27.

All told though, with too many rebuys to factor in, down around £50 on the night. 

Enjoyed it though and will keep plugging away- I've proven now I'm more than capable of cashing in these games, so it's a case of 'when' rather than 'if'. 

I just hope that the 'when' of my next big cash can be counted in weeks, rather than months, or even years1

'night!
  • edited February 2015
    Last week's sesh was a weird one- blew a couple of rebuys and add-ons on the both the main and mini and didn't cash. But registered for a late night BH, made the final table and won all my buy-ins back plus about a tenner more.

So a 'profitable' night.

Anyway, if you remember, my mission this year is to bring my Sharkscope into break even territory. Here's the latest...

I started the year £1070 down. I'm now £431 down.

Yes, I measure my poker achievements in how much I am down. And right now, I'm feeling pretty chipper about things.

Playing again tonight- main and mini rebuys and all that, plus some Bounty Hunters and whatever other MTTs I can get my hands on.

Look forward to seeing all round the tables later. :-)
  • edited February 2015
    Nice goin Rich GL tonight