You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really bad connection problems

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Defo not just a windows 8 problem - Recurred again for me last night on windows 7.

Couldnt even load the client up - never mind a table. I'll 1 or 2 table with the browser but that tends to be more laggy and the graphics are not always as clear (e.g. cannot see opponenets stack size properly).
  • edited July 2015

Morning all.

Have sent this up to the Office.
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks once again for raising this and I apologise that you experienced further issues,

We are looking into these issues with a view to preventing further problems. Once again apologies.
  • edited July 2015
    I did try to scene video it happening, but it worked on the 5th attempt.
  • edited July 2015

only way i can use download is reinstall every time i want to play poker
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems:
    Thanks once again for raising this and I apologise that you experienced further issues, We are looking into these issues with a view to preventing further problems. Once again apologies.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hi Sam,

thanks for responding again.

Can you please confirm that the download is designed to work with windows 8, 8.1 as the girl I spoke to in CS was adamant that it was unavailable for that OS (even though I have been using it for months)

Neil
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : Hi Sam, thanks for responding again. Can you please confirm that the download is designed to work with windows 8, 8.1 as the girl I spoke to in CS was adamant that it was unavailable for that OS (even though I have been using it for months) Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I have windows 8 and had this problem on two occasions, firstly tables not opening on the download then the lobby not updating and just showing a blue screen (not of death!). It is working on the browser, but I prefer the download client. 

To rectify I have now twice uninstalled sky poker and downloaded the software again. It's working again, for now!
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : Hi Sam, thanks for responding again. Can you please confirm that the download is designed to work with windows 8, 8.1 as the girl I spoke to in CS was adamant that it was unavailable for that OS (even though I have been using it for months) Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Hi Neil,

Apologies that you were given this information. The download will work for both of those systems. I will ensure this information is passed on to our Customer Care team.
  • edited July 2015
    Just had a real nightmare on sit and go. Connection dropping every 30 seconds. On an android tablet. Usually no issues.
  • edited July 2015
    Oh, and it cost me 30p, but my bankroll can stand it. Just.
  • edited July 2015
    Hi All, Firstly can I apologise for the issues that you experienced last night with the downloadable client. We are looking into the root cause of this to put steps in place to ensure that this does not repeat. Secondly can I ask if anybody has had further issues with this since 10pm last night? Thanks Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Really bad connections, kicked 17 times in 1 game. tried live chat to report it only to get fobbed off with cache and other issues, but it isnt that at all, too many at same table having same issues.
  • edited July 2015
    Still major problems with the download client!
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Really bad connection problems:
    Having major problems with the sky download for 2 or 3 days now. It is not my cookies or my cache or whatever other rubbish excuses that sky may have, many other people I have spoken to have the same problem. The download comes up ok, I enter my details but the lobby will not load at all. Seems to be working better via the browser though (but thats inconvenient for me). Please look into Sky.
    Posted by goldnballz
    Cookies/web cache/temporary internet files are web browser specific items. Each browser you have installed with have it's own set of those. So Internet Explorer has it's own set, as does Firefox, and Chrome etc. You can clear down those items within the specific browser's settings panel.

The download client is a poker game client, not a web browser, so anyone experiencing a problem with it is wasting their time doing any of that stuff, and it shouldn't even be suggested as something to try.. in an ideal world.

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Really bad connection problems : Cookies/web cache/temporary internet files are web browser specific items. Each browser you have installed with have it's own set of those. So Internet Explorer has it's own set, as does Firefox, and Chrome etc. You can clear down those items within the specific browser's settings panel. The download client is a poker game client, not a web browser, so anyone experiencing a problem with it is wasting their time doing any of that stuff, and it shouldn't even be suggested as something to try.. in an ideal world.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I haven't actually been told to do these things by Sky, but it's the usual sort of thing that they tell you to do whenever you have any connection problems - even when everything else works completely fine.

Last tuesday the turbo open missed its guarentee by about 20-25% because of the connection problems, a week on & we've still got the same problems. Not great.
  • edited July 2015
    I am in two tournies at the moment or would be if it loaded the tables

• edited July 2015
    only in one now, it let me in, but in one I was last and short stacked with only one move left it lost
  • edited July 2015
     I think the Client fonts have been changed. Maybe its the font change thats causing the problems.
  • edited July 2015
    its rubbish cant play download at all
  • edited July 2015
    Can't play browser either keeps freezing, its a joke.
  • edited July 2015

Having trouble logging into sky poker again

• edited July 2015
    KEEP BEING KICKED OUT
  • edited July 2015
    Bought into the £5.75 5.30pm bounty hunter and couldn't play one *&%&ing hand. Total joke. Skypoker shouldn't have these teething problems after all these years. No more after this last twenty quid has gone. we're not allowed to mention the dreaded P word but at least P O K E R S T A R S don't fob you off with connection rubbish. The connection seems to be fine when they want their  little bit of profit though...
  • edited July 2015
    Budget must have been spent on the £100 yawn fest challenge they keep showing on Sky Sports 47
  • edited July 2015
    dont believe this im gonna have to sit with the wife tonight,great, teenage moms here i come:(
  • edited July 2015
    dont believe this im gonna have to sit with the wife tonight,great, teenage moms here i come:(
    Posted by stokefc

I found I could run the download after about 169 attempts. thats got to be better entertainment than teenage moms.
  • edited July 2015
    Been having massive problems with tables not loading over the last 2-3 days. Was told last night it was a problem on my end. My brother has exactly the same problem today. Guess it wasn't a problem on my end! Please get these issues sorted sky.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : I found I could run the download after about 169 attempts. thats got to be better entertainment than teenage moms.
    Posted by mumsie
    yeah,im back on :)
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : yeah,im back on :)
    Posted by stokefc
    I soooo hope that's not teenage mums......
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : I soooo hope that's not teenage mums......
    Posted by Essexphil
    you rude phil so rude :)
  • edited July 2015
    No download client ... won't run for me

Annoys me when live chat says 'clear cookies, try firefox etc.'  LOL

Somebody else tell them that the download client has nothing to do with browsers ... sigh