You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really bad connection problems

Comments

• edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems:
    Ill post what I just made a thread about  Ok so started off going on downlaod client and buying in to £1.80 all in sat to win a  to £33 bounty hunter 8k at 8pm seat The Table never loaded up so I checked histroy to find out a miracle I won. so come 8pm was on downlaod client still and table pops up with loading symbole for 2 mintues cleary wasnt going to load the table. So i went on broswer loaded it up table come on and ever since my comp and poker table will freeze from 5-20 seconds every Mintue or so making the game extremely hard to play as im missing calls and hands and loosing big blinds due to it freezing the game and comp. I went to live help and told them my situation they first said. Ok we understand and will refund the £33. But then they basically said there end was no issues and they had not heard of any issues and showing that my end was active and working ok. to which I told them that it wasnt and X amound of players are having same Issues as me. for them to say its nothing to do with them and its my computer. Which it is clearly not they refused to refund me cause I won  the seat via a satalite. so they can not give me a refund but someone else with same problem who brought it would be able to get a refund. I was then asked for proof so I sent in some screen shots of it frozen. I won my seat from a sat fair and square prize was a £33 vaule seat. Which in my opion is they should refund me the £33. Now on 5 mintues break and there is no issues what so ever. but when game restarts the freeze comes in to affect. I am still playing and doing fairly well However I have missed X amount of calls or hands which I would of won. due to this freeze. Can any of skypoker team help me out Thanks
    Posted by whitebeast

Sky sam can you help me ?
  • edited July 2015
    Perhaps you should suspend the use of the download client if you can't guarantee it is going to work. Frustrating to buy into sit and go's and then find the table won't load.
  • edited July 2015
    This is really getting out of hand now. Over a week, and the download client is effectively useless. What is Sky doing about this?
  • edited July 2015
    Still having problems loading sky poker software.
    Uninstalled and re-installed,still not loading.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : Thank you how do I get in contact with sam ?
    Posted by whitebeast
    I will review the chat with customer care and have a look at gameplay. I will be in touch later today thank you for bringing this to my attention.
  • edited July 2015
    I have now captured a working session using the browser (chrome). The same error as above keeps appearing but there is no impact on the table loading or playing. Above error may be a red herring but still happy to email the failed and established connections to support. I'll keep trying the client and if I capture a successful connection I'll see if I can spot where the difference is with the failed one.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Hi Phantom I have sent you a PM.

Sam
  • edited July 2015
    Once again apologies for the ongoing issues an update from me.

- We will not suspend use of the download client as this is not affecting everybody. I would be very happy to hear some feedback from Mac users, are you having the same issues that are being reported by Windows users?

- The issue of the client not launching does not happen 100% of the time. If it doesn't launch you shouldn't need to uninstall you can just try again. This is the same with the table launch. Of course I appreciate this is not ideal but for now this is a work around.

- The web browser should be launching tables fine so this can also be used as a workaround.

- The team are working on this of course as the absolute number 1 priority. The guys behind the scenes are putting a huge amount of time and effort into this and I can only apologise that so far we have not fixed the issue.

In the meantime please feel free to leave further feedback here I continue to monitor this regularly.

Sam
  • edited July 2015
    This is really getting out of hand now. Over a week, and the download client is effectively useless. What is Sky doing about this?
    Posted by Asmodeus
    An awful lot to get to the bottom of this.
  • edited July 2015
    Please continue to contact customer care who can review gameplay on a case by case basis if you experience issues whilst in a game.
  • edited July 2015
    Tables working at the moment but hand history function on each table is broken. As things stand I cannot play more than one sng at a time as I dont trust the download client to open up every table ive regd. 
  • edited July 2015
    Tables working at the moment but hand history function on each table is broken. As things stand I cannot play more than one sng at a time as I dont trust the download client to open up every table ive regd. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I found this to be the case last night during the main event.

Also I had a connection problem, which lost me just under 10mins of blind time and my problems do seem to be echoed on this thread.

Any light at the end of the tunnel? As I rarely had such problems in the past so it would lead me to think the problem is with Sky.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : I found this to be the case last night during the main event. Also I had a connection problem, which lost me just under 10mins of blind time and my problems do seem to be echoed on this thread. Is there an official sky post on all these problems?
    Posted by MilitantG

Hi Militant,

Official Sky post on the problems? Yes, see the posts on this thread (7 or 8 of them) by "Sky_Sam", who speaks for the Business.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : Hi Militant, Official Sky post on the problems? Yes, see the posts on this thread (7 or 8 of them) by "Sky_Sam", who speaks for the Business.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hello Tikay,

I saw them and then hastily edited my message :)
  • edited July 2015
    If people don't have faith in the download client at the moment, why aren't they using the browser version until there is sufficient confidence in the download client working again?
  • edited July 2015
    I've not played much this week at all but played yesterday and the Sunday just gone and was completely fine. I only play browser though and have done for ages with almost zero problems cropping up. Don't see why more people don't use browser when there are always problems with the DL client it seems!
  • edited July 2015
    I'd like to thank Sky for the download client problems I've had this afternoon.  I'm so tilted by the horseracing I probably would have done my b*ll*cks had I been able to get a table to load.

I'll try again later after a lie down.

Andy 
  • edited July 2015
    I've not played much this week at all but played yesterday and the Sunday just gone and was completely fine. I only play browser though and have done for ages with almost zero problems cropping up. Don't see why more people don't use browser when there are always problems with the DL client it seems!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    The tables are much sharper to the eye on the download, more importantly whilst the browser is offering a more reliable service it isnt auto launching tables (and this is nothing to do with pop up blockers).
  • edited July 2015
    You're right, never really noticed before! Still, whilst the sharper focus is nice, the Browser does the job just fine and I'm happy to lose a bit of sharpness for a more smooth playing experience! When I've played this week on the browser I've not had any problems with auto launching tables - I'm on Chrome. 

Just tried my DL and it seemed to load/be working fine too. 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : I will review the chat with customer care and have a look at gameplay. I will be in touch later today thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Thanks sam let me know on here hun cheers ! x :D
  • edited July 2015
    You're right, never really noticed before! Still, whilst the sharper focus is nice, the Browser does the job just fine and I'm happy to lose a bit of sharpness for a more smooth playing experience! When I've played this week on the browser I've not had any problems with auto launching tables - I'm on Chrome.  Just tried my DL and it seemed to load/be working fine too. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Thats because you are a youngster, us middle aged folk need all the help we can get ! I also use google chrome. 
  • edited July 2015
    It isn't affecting everybody. I returned to the tables last night after a week away. Everything seems to be working fine for me, I'm playing on the downloadable client as normal, no problems so far.
  • edited July 2015
    unreal tonight,that is all :(
  • edited July 2015
    Same problem once again tonight.
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : Hi Phantom I have sent you a PM. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    sorry wasnt on laptop until this morning.

pm answered and files emailed - fingers crossed they are useful to the the tech team
  • edited July 2015

Any word yet about sky sorting this problem out? Its been going on far too long now??
    Its sunday tonight,and i want to enter the hi roller,but how can i have any confidence in the download client?
    The connection problems seem to occur randomly.I can switch to my smartphone,i guess..
    But im not happy with this...
    Either shut the site down for essential maitanence,or expect to refund alot of people sky??
    Doesnt makes sense to me
  • edited July 2015
    Lastnight, d/l was spinning sometimes, working others.

This morning, its like running faster than ebber
  • edited July 2015
    Any word yet about sky sorting this problem out? Its been going on far too long now?? Its sunday tonight,and i want to enter the hi roller,but how can i have any confidence in the download client? The connection problems seem to occur randomly.I can switch to my smartphone,i guess.. But im not happy with this... Either shut the site down for essential maitanence,or expect to refund alot of people sky?? Doesnt makes sense to me
    Posted by lovejunky
    I played on the browser last night and I had the same problems as before.

Might play on the Ipad tonight, but the whole thing just feels like such a faf on Sky atm; first time I can say that I'm disappointed with Sky Poker.
  • edited July 2015
    Woop woop

Battled through and made a whopping 100 points this week.

Ps never had any issues all week on laptop or ipad other than usual glitches stuff.

Hope all with issues get resolved.
  • edited July 2015
    Scrap that!!! 

All over the show now. Tables firing open all over the place so can't play a hand. Keeps freezing, booting me out and opening another table I am not in, then closes and opens my table, only to reload it again and again :( 

Gg Sunday you beat me! 

• edited July 2015
    geeze...its like were on different sites....My windows 7 did an auto update this morning, I wonder if thats anything to do with my D/L setup running so well this morning