You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really bad connection problems

Comments

• edited July 2015
    bless em,cc that is,put me in the 7.45 bh for my troubles,it pays to be nicey wicey rather than a nasty nowt
  • edited July 2015
    I am also having similar problems but yesterday was the worst so far for disconnections.
    I didn't register for anymore games, and emailed customer care.
    Very disappointed by the response from Mathew, who informed me that I wouldn't get a refund, even though he could see i was disconnected,"as the problems were at my end".
    For balance, I really enjoy playing on the site, and find customer service usually to be excellent.
  • ommomm
    edited July 2015
    Put my name in the hat, tonight has been the worst so far, log in at the 10th attempt but cannot open any tables at all. I never moan about anything but this is unbelievable, havent read through this thread so only know the last post by SkySam. on average im spending £200 a day on this site (of course im only talking about buyin's). I will not be the only one and of course its all releveant to your bankroll so even someone spending £2 a day surely deserves a better service than this. I really hope Sky have got people working round the clock to put this right, no one should be leaving the office until the basics of delivering a stable product is in place. 
  • edited July 2015
    Same problems tonight, had to re-install software for the third time in 5 days. This is the only way to get things running.

Even then in the course of an evening tables are not opening, which is a disaster for turbo/hyper sngs. 
  • edited July 2015
    Have you been told what the problem is Sky_SamT. Can't they go back to an earlier version of the software?
  • ommomm
    edited July 2015
    Might have nothing to do with it but I just run Sky Poker as Administrator and it worked first time and has been able to open tables first time, this is after nearly 40mins of trying. 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems:
    Might have nothing to do with it but I just run Sky Poker as Administrator and it worked first time and has been able to open tables first time, this is after nearly 40mins of trying. 
    Posted by omm
    Same here, for whatever reason.. and then it was also okay afterwards (normal mode). So not really helpful for diagnostics. Seems hit 'n' miss.

• edited July 2015
    Just entered the UKPC freerolls ( i couldnt enter them lastnight ??!!) and they never quite load..

Edit:..i quickly opened browser..found my name in both tournies..Im Back in

Edit:: took out vid in case it was against rules
  • edited July 2015
    Add my name to the list, couldnt load up any tables from my client yesterday but since i was in trnys i jumped on my laptop and all worked fine. Today i reinstall client on this PC and it worked fine for the 1st 2 trnys i signed up for then crapped out so i switched again but this time i could not load tables on that PC either. Symptoms exactly as shown in mumsie's vid. Either Skys player base have broken computers across the board or there was a bug introduced in the last update.
  • edited July 2015
    Download won't boot up the tables, just has that loading circle.

Shall keep trying cos I hate playing through the browser :)

Edit.....now seems ok.
  • edited July 2015
    Add my name to the list, couldnt load up any tables from my client yesterday but since i was in trnys i jumped on my laptop and all worked fine. Today i reinstall client on this PC and it worked fine for the 1st 2 trnys i signed up for then crapped out so i switched again but this time i could not load tables on that PC either. Symptoms exactly as shown in mumsie's vid. Either Skys player base have broken computers across the board or there was a bug introduced in the last update.
    Posted by Zoldiark
    Introduced automated messaging-bet that is where the bugs are
  • edited July 2015
    My download client won't load, browser doesn't show any tourneys, can play on iPad though, 1 table at a time..no good.
  • edited July 2015
    I haven't played since Saturday where I was experiencing the odd issue. Tables loaded ok and everything but had the ongoing problem where the lobby of mtts I'm in won't open. Anyone have same issues with tourney lobby's?
  • edited July 2015
    I haven't played since Saturday where I was experiencing the odd issue. Tables loaded ok and everything but had the ongoing problem where the lobby of mtts I'm in won't open. Anyone have same issues with tourney lobby's?
    Posted by cowhead
    hi, me and a lot of people in this thread cant load tournies,,but using the browser...I can,,
  • edited July 2015
    Hi All,

Please be aware that we are looking into these ongoing issues and doing all we can to smooth them out. Please note playing through the web browser is the most reliable option at the moment as the problem do seem to be isolated to the download client. I will update further tomorrow.

Thanks
    Sam
  • edited July 2015
    just to confirm what sam said been playin tourneys and cash thru browser with no problems
  • edited July 2015
    in the turbo tuesday it took 30 mins for table  to load the previous days before that i was having a issue to a lesser degree with lag i do not have a great internet connect and the connection does cut out some times but this is differant because i could load youtube fine while at the same time sky would never load the table and tonight the lobby will not even load which is just as well as if sky is still having issues least it stoped me joining a mtt

i think i needed a short break from poker hopfully sky sort this by next week
  • edited July 2015
    Hi All,

We are aware that the issue persists and I can assure you that we are continuing our thorough piece of work around the investigation of the issue.

If I could ask you to help with our investigations by answering a few questions then that would be very helpful.

1) What device and operating system are you playing on?
    2) Have you had an issues with the download client?
    3) If so, what issues have you had?

Thanks
    Sam
  • edited July 2015
    Hi sam,

Ive had a couple of issues, firstly on occasions the download browser simply wont load it gets stuck on "loading cm menu" then just gives up after a minute or two, i re install and try again and after a few attempts that way it works. 

Secondly, ive had issues where the table wont load it will just have the spinning circle i shut the table and attempt to reload (and close the dl client and restart that) but will have same issue.

And finally having an issue where I will get the "you are already watching this table" error pop up and will close down the table im playing on,i only play sit and go's and never have two copies of the same table open :/ and its any annoying when ur 6/8 tabling and your not entirely sure which one has shut to attempt to reload it.

I'm running windows 7 on a pc

Hope this helps. 
  • edited July 2015
    1 Laptop, Windows 8
    2) yes
    3) doesnt go past the "loading CM menu" screen
  • edited July 2015
    hi i also have been having problems with download client, i was playing the main an mini and 9pm hunter tables up and runing fine. then the 10.30 hunter table wont load probaly. for about 5 mins i hd to go on broswer to get that one table. so i hd 3 tables coming fro client and 1 on broswer. the problem with this is fitting them all together etc. also i could not shut down and start again as playing to many. im using a sony vaio windows 8 core 13 laptop. normally its fine. but over the last couple of weeks have had same problem. 
  • edited July 2015
    For the first time in a few days i've just been able to open a cash table on the client.

Laptop. Windows 8.
  • edited July 2015
    Rough timescale but basically four or five days ago could open the download and lobby fine but some tables would stay continuously loading(the circle thing going round and round). Then about three days ago could open the download but the lobby would stay continuously loading. Then for the last couple of days the download hasn't been opening at all, just stays 'initialising' 'til I click close. 

Everythings working fine now.
  • edited July 2015
    Same problems here

Desktop, Windows 8
    doesnt go past the "loading CM menu" screen

I wouldn't mind so much playing on the browser (though I really don't like it) if it wasn't for the fact you seem to need to manually click 'launch table' for every single MTT. Pretty annoying when you got a load of tables on the go, and at 9:15pm (for example) an MTT that starts at 9pm still aint opened cos you haven't got your eye constantly on the clock and haven't brought the Sky webpage back up to click 'launch table' dead on 9pm.
  • edited July 2015
    Same problems here Desktop, Windows 8 doesnt go past the "loading CM menu" screen I wouldn't mind so much playing on the browser (though I really don't like it) if it wasn't for the fact you seem to need to manually click 'launch table' for every single MTT. Pretty annoying when you got a load of tables on the go, and at 9:15pm (for example) an MTT that starts at 9pm still aint opened cos you haven't got your eye constantly on the clock and haven't brought the Sky webpage back up to click 'launch table' dead on 9pm.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Browser pop up blocker on for sky?
  • edited July 2015
    Download takes about 5 attempts to work. I have to go to task manager and manually close the programme before trying again and again. 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : Browser pop up blocker on for sky?
    Posted by belsibub
    No, the tables just dont load. 
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: Really bad connection problems : No, the tables just dont load. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Did not read properly did you?Highlighted in red.
  • edited July 2015
    Download takes about 5 attempts to work. I have to go to task manager and manually close the programme before trying again and again. 
    Posted by patwalshh
    Im with Pat keyboard warrior Walsh,

Windows 7

when I managed to login ,via d/l client. my 2 tournies did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bVkccn8GY

Switched to browser and saved the day..
  • edited July 2015
    1) windows 7
    2)yes
    3) bascailly what raggy said
    Rough timescale but basically four or five days ago could open the download and lobby fine but some tables would stay continuously loading(the circle thing going round and round). Then about three days ago could open the download but the lobby would stay continuously loading. Then for the last couple of days the download hasn't been opening at all, just stays 'initialising' 'til I click close.