You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

edited June 2010 in Poker Chat

Thought it might be fun to have a Thread where we can chew the cud about last night on the Tables. But spare us the Bad-Beat tales, please!

Here's a starter.

In last night's 8pm main Event (Double Stack), I'm right up with the Leaders, & have 37,000 at 1k-2k. How? I got luckly, when I tried a squeeze with K-J & ran into A-Q - not as bad as it looks really - & hit running Kings to 2xup. I had quite a Rail, most of whom were mock anti-railing, so that bought jeers of derision wholesale!

So, there I am with 37k, in the BB, & it's walked to the SB, who has 1k invested, & 6k behind. (Blinds 1k-2k). He shoves, which I had 100% anticipated - what hand would he NOT shove with here was my thought-train, & I'd pre-determined that when he did, I'd call pretty much ATC. My hand was 6d-7d, & I reckon I'll be unlucky if I'm worse than 60-40.

In fact, he had A-4 off. (I just ran this through an Odds Calculator - amazingly we are just about flipping - it's about 48%-52%).

Anyway, he flopped the nut straight, & got his 2xup. No complaints. "Nice flop Sir!" I type in the chat box, to which he replies, "nice Call, lol, you ****".

Marv.

Does anyone fold in my spot here?

Comments

• edited January 2010

Meanwhile, word is filtering through from my anti-rail that Orford is going well in this, too. I tell them to send him a Message - "I'll easily beat him, trust me, tell him I have 190,000 chips".

Nothing like putting pressure on myself.....

I was also quite keen to cash, as I'd cashed in the previous 2 nights ME's, so a three-timer would be kinda neat.

50 are paid, & with mid-fifties left, both my A-4 friend & myself had been picking up loose chips due to a bout of serial-limping. The Blinds were now 1,500 3.000 & folks were still limping! 51 of us are lerft, & it's Bubbble-Time. I MUST Cash, & I MUST outdo Orford-Donk.

My BB, I have 32,000 now, & UTG man, who'd been one of the Serial-Limpers,. limped again, & picked up anotherr Limper. I have J-J........

Well, I have no options here, &  shove, UTG man snaps with his Q-Q, & that's that, I'm Bubble-Boy. I think this plays itself.

And Orford-donk went on to finish 14th, sigh.

Anjie19070, by the bye, got 2nd, & BazBazBaz 3rd, with Official Welsh Person DAIBOOT in 6th. My Q-Q man cashed big, too.

I manahed to cash in the 7.30 Deepie, so with a small profit from a 25p-50p Omaha Cash session, I managed to get out of it with a small profit on the night, about £30.

All most enjoyable.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi TK. Glad u enjoyed your evening, All I can say for mine was swings and roundabouts lol. Not complaining though! p.s Angie rocks !
  • edited January 2010
    Not a bad night overall last night, came 104th in the main event - My AQ failed to hold up against k10 gg don't mind it, had to push and the guy was a massive stack and had to call - so no complaints.
    Played BH at 9.30pm and the Velocity at 10pm - did rubbush in both!!
    Played some STT and had a good result played 4 x £11 ones and cashed in each.
    Decided to play Omaha cash against Tikay and made a nice little profit - £32 i think :)
    First time to play Omaha online - and i loved it!!
  • edited January 2010
    Good night for me, went deep in the Orfordable finishing runer up over all for £31. :)
  • edited January 2010
    Also Tikay - with the shove from the SB when you had 6d 7d - correct call imo, i would have done the same call!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    Not a bad night overall last night, came 104th in the main event - My AQ failed to hold up against k10 gg don't mind it, had to push and the guy was a massive stack and had to call - so no complaints. Played BH at 9.30pm and the Velocity at 10pm - did rubbush in both!! Played some STT and had a good result played 4 x £11 ones and cashed in each. Decided to play Omaha cash against Tikay and made a nice little profit - £32 i think :) First time to play Omaha online - and i loved it!!
    Posted by dylan12
    Yup, there is a gang of regs who play the Medium-Stskes Omaha Cash at about Midnight most nights, but I left early last night, as I was very tired, & today is a very heavy day, doing the 2 Live Shows & threads.

You played great for an Omaha Newbie, well done. Llamaman usually owns that Table. & he had trebled up before I arrived, so that gave him a bullying stack, which made the game awkward until I got my 2xUp.

My 2xUp came, as so often, against a player who so obviously had Aces judging by his Pre-Flop Raise. But I managed to find a Call with J-J-4-4 DS (not one I'm proud of, but when you know Oppo's Hand, it's worth a look), & flopped the 4. It came 2 spades, so I C-R'd Mr A-A man, but he never read it well, & jammed.

So often in Omaha it's all about that one hand. And you know one thing for sure with Omaha. Whatever your stack is, it will all be in the middle at some point.

So, with £100+ in front of me, I chatted & played Nitty for half-an-hour, then departed. It's always nice to get up & leave when ahead.
  • edited January 2010
    Last night was a fiasco.
  • edited January 2010
    Good night for me, went deep in the Orfordable finishing runer up over all for £31. :)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Nice one - that's a tough one to cash in. How many runners?
  • edited January 2010
    Also Tikay - with the shove from the SB when you had 6d 7d - correct call imo, i would have done the same call!!
    Posted by dylan12
    Yes, it's correct, but I don't find it easy. I'm obsessed (too much) with getting my money in first with marginals, but I think you just have to be brave in these spots, & do the necessary.

Weird thing is the bloke went off on one at me - & he won! Dread to think what he'd have said if I binked.
  • edited January 2010
    played a primo satellite yesterday .4 left with only 3 going through,,,,,,,,button raises my bb with queens and i got 68 diamonds ,i call ,,,,,and flop nut str8,it all goes in ,and im sitting there rubbing my hands with a big cheesy smile ,only 2 see all the chips go to the other guy and im out??????????sat there in silence for a good 2 minutes ,still in shock(since when does 1 pair ,beat a str8)me thinks something very wrong with sky software,,,,,,open up hand history ,omg ...only 2 c that i never had the str8,only thought i had the str8 .......decided jobs a goodun ,off to pub ............i mean if u cant even c the cards ,what chance av u got lol
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Yup, but its better when you get home and play again, you think your playing Omaha ;)
  • edited January 2010
    If u had 23 suited, so 3 high.....what wud the %'s be there? - do u call? (not knowing his hand)

Not got an odds calc or eva how one, so cnt do it myself.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    its a deffo call for me mate! no way i fold!!!

My night didnt go so well, down three buyins in the space of 1 hour. (multitabling)

So the computer went off and on went the pj's and sky box office, and had a night with the missus and the dustbin lid!

Most enjoyable evening.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Yes, it's correct, but I don't find it easy. I'm obsessed (too much) with getting my money in first with marginals, but I think you just have to be brave in these spots, & do the necessary. Weird thing is the bloke went off on one at me - & he won! Dread to think what he'd have said if I binked.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I had a guy calling me a donkey the other night - im in the bb with 2s 4c, blinds are 100/200
    3 limpers, i just check - flop comes A 3 5 rainbow - happy days, i check - there is a bet of 700, fold and fold over to me - I have 2200 left so I push all in, the guy instantly calls - he has 3s 7h - bottom pair!! I was amazed!! Turn 3 River 7!! All i said in the chat box was gg (was to shocked to say anything else) and im about to leave the table when he goes into a rant - calling me a donkey for pushing all in and that I need to learn that I can't "bluff him"!! I said nothing, but a player did comment that it was a hell of a "bluff" with the straight lol!! You meet some characters on these tables!!
  • edited January 2010
    Played live last night at Luton.  In for 200 at 1/2.  Got upto 950, with Gino sat next to me being sick at how good I run, and then there was a seat on a 1/3 game with a session charge, some really big fishes on there plus some sharks but I decide to move over anyway as I had destroyed the 1/2 table and no one was reloading and they all had like less than 150 in front of them....gayyyyyyy.

So BI for 600 at the 1/3.  Didn't play a pot for a while, and then I decide to tangle with Adam...a very very good online cash player.  Best played in Luton for cash IMO.

So yeah like 5 people limp and Adam is on the BTN.  He makes it 21.

I have 46dd in the SB and call.  Everyone else does.  Like 140 in the middle PF.

Flop 4 9 T rainbow.  Its checked around to Adam.  He bets 43.  I raise to 105 I think, knowing that Adam bets here with tonnes of stuff and I get him to fold loads of Ts.  Also I don't think anyone who has limped with stuff like J9 can call here.

Everyone else folds.  Adam tank calls.

Turn is a Kd.  I now have a FD.  About 350 in the middle and I have 340 back, Adam has me covered.  I insta all in.  Adam again thinks for a couple of mins and calls...I'm like noooooooooooooo.

River is a 4.  Adam had KT.  Pretty sick.

The 1/3 HE is a great game and you should play it if its running Tikay.  Sadly it broke after a couple of the big fish stood, so went back to 1/2.  Had a couple of sick pots, including rivering drunk Ian for full stacks, but got rivered myself.

I was playing there til 7.30 this morning, and tbf the last hour was horrible and I kept running big hands into better hands but always managed to get away losing the minium.  Ended up 800 on the night so was worthwhile tho.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to How was it for you, last night?:
    Thought it might be fun to have a Thread where we can chew the cud about last night on the Tables. But spare us the Bad-Beat tales, please! Here's a starter. In last night's 8pm main Event (Double Stack), I'm right up with the Leaders, & have 37,000 at 1k-2k. How? I got luckly, when I tried a squeeze with K-J & ran into A-Q - not as bad as it looks really - & hit running Kings to 2xup. I had quite a Rail, most of whom were mock anti-railing , so that bought jeers of derision wholesale! So, there I am with 37k, in the BB, & it's walked to the SB, who has 1k invested, & 6k behind. (Blinds 1k-2k). He shoves, which I had 100% anticipated - what hand would he NOT shove with here was my thought-train, & I'd pre-determined that when he did, I'd call pretty much ATC. My hand was 6d-7d, & I reckon I'll be unlucky if I'm worse than 60-40. In fact, he had A-4 off. (I just ran this through an Odds Calculator - amazingly we are just about flipping - it's about 48%-52%). Anyway, he flopped the nut straight, & got his 2xup. No complaints. "Nice flop Sir!" I type in the chat box, to which he replies, "nice Call, lol, you ****". Marv. Does anyone fold in my spot here?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Example of someone knowing the rules but not the game - instant call for me!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Nice one - that's a tough one to cash in. How many runners?
    Posted by Tikay10
    About 55 I think, still aim to take it down one day, maybe tonight :)
  • edited January 2010
    If u had 23 suited, so 3 high.....what wud the %'s be there? - do u call? (not knowing his hand) Not got an odds calc or eva how one, so cnt do it myself. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If I had 2-3 suited, & he had A-4, & assuming my "suits" werre "clean" (i.e., he had none of them), I'm 37%-63%.

Arguably, we have to Call Blind here. Arguably.......

I'll PM you a Link to an excellent Odds Calculator.
  • edited January 2010
    Played live last night at Luton.  In for 200 at 1/2.  Got upto 950, with Gino sat next to me being sick at how good I run, and then there was a seat on a 1/3 game with a session charge, some really big fishes on there plus some sharks but I decide to move over anyway as I had destroyed the 1/2 table and no one was reloading and they all had like less than 150 in front of them....gayyyyyyy. So BI for 600 at the 1/3.  Didn't play a pot for a while, and then I decide to tangle with Adam...a very very good online cash player.  Best played in Luton for cash IMO. So yeah like 5 people limp and Adam is on the BTN.  He makes it 21. I have 46dd in the SB and call.  Everyone else does.  Like 140 in the middle PF. Flop 4 9 T rainbow.  Its checked around to Adam.  He bets 43.  I raise to 105 I think, knowing that Adam bets here with tonnes of stuff and I get him to fold loads of Ts.  Also I don't think anyone who has limped with stuff like J9 can call here. Everyone else folds.  Adam tank calls. Turn is a Kd.  I now have a FD.  About 350 in the middle and I have 340 back, Adam has me covered.  I insta all in.  Adam again thinks for a couple of mins and calls...I'm like noooooooooooooo. River is a 4.  Adam had KT.  Pretty sick. The 1/3 HE is a great game and you should play it if its running Tikay.  Sadly it broke after a couple of the big fish stood, so went back to 1/2.  Had a couple of sick pots, including rivering drunk Ian for full stacks, but got rivered myself. I was playing there til 7.30 this morning, and tbf the last hour was horrible and I kept running big hands into better hands but always managed to get away losing the minium.  Ended up 800 on the night so was worthwhile tho.
    Posted by scotty77
    Nice night, Ryan!

I don't enjoy Live Hold 'Em Cash, but yes, the game there gets fruity at times.

Gino is Mr Tight Tight Tight, but he somehow makes a living at the game, & ducking & diving with this & that. Quite a character.....

Was Mo Muse there? Did the DC game run?

I hope to be there Sunday of NEXT week, I'm PTP tomorrow, so no Live Poker for me this week I'm afraid.
  • edited January 2010
    Yeah Gino is a good player, I don't really like to tangle with him unless I have nuts.  So many bad players live tho it is a good strategy to just sit there waiting for AA/KK or flopping sets.

No Mo Muse.  I think DC (or it might have just been Omaha) ran very short handed.  But there were 4 HE tables running at one point.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : I had a guy calling me a donkey the other night - im in the bb with 2s 4c, blinds are 100/200 3 limpers, i just check - flop comes A 3 5 rainbow - happy days, i check - there is a bet of 700, fold and fold over to me - I have 2200 left so I push all in, the guy instantly calls - he has 3s 7h - bottom pair!! I was amazed!! Turn 3 River 7!! All i said in the chat box was gg (was to shocked to say anything else) and im about to leave the table when he goes into a rant - calling me a donkey for pushing all in and that I need to learn that I can't "bluff him"!! I said nothing, but a player did comment that it was a hell of a "bluff" with the straight lol!! You meet some characters on these tables!!
    Posted by dylan12
    Just a bit - they do say the strangest things. Peeps take it so serious, too -, you'd think it was a war, not a game!

I visualise some of them sitting in front of their PC snarling, wearing shades, a hoodie, & pyjama bottoms.
  • edited January 2010
    Last night was a fiasco.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Was it 56p short?
  • edited January 2010
    Went to see a contemporary folk duo (married couple) called Megson, in a nice small venue.  They were very good.  Got home just before 10.30 and so entered the £11 bh at 10.30 amd £22 bh at 10.45.  I ran quite well in the former, but made a couple of bad moves to donk out just b4 the first break with one head.  A good field of 44 runners in the 10.45 and I started slowly, took one cheap bounty and was hanging in there.  Made the ft having taken just one bh, and realising that top 5 get paid.  Luckily Penguin TP man went out in 6th, and from there on in I was a card rack, taking the last 4 heads for £117 in bh's and £176 first prize.  So a good night out and £250 profit!
  • edited January 2010
    wearing shades

lol reminds me of a hand last night.  I limp UTG with 35hh.  About 4 callers and then CO, who is middle aged but with shades on + has raised like the last 4 hands hes been on CO/BTN, makes it 15.

BTN calls, SB calls, BB calls.  I make it 57.  They all fold going yeah feels like aces.

show the bluff.  one reg goes yeah its standard for you.  then i nit up and utlitise my image and about 10 hands later mr sunglasses spazes out PF into my QQ.
  • edited January 2010
    I had an "interesting" day for a couple of reasons
    I won a £1.10 MTT in the morning for about £20 - Good start.
    Early evening I played a Double Stack Sat with 3 to qualify. I took out another player in 7th place (who had been going well) when I called his AI with QJ and hit a straight. He went mad! Called me a muppet, ****** and ****. Told me he was going to sort me out. Demanded my name and phone number. Demanded my address. Told me he was a nutcase and he would smash me up. Told me he had a mate who worked for Sky and he would get my name and address and do me over. A couple of the others on the table told him to go away and they got some as well! While all this was going on I lost concentration and went out in 4th on the bubble. Then I phoned Sky and reported him. This was a £2.40 buyin satellite!!!! Bad middle.
    After crashing out of the orfordable deepie I managed to cash in 9th in the £1.10 Speed MTT at 10:35pm for £6
    Good finish but not a day I particularly want to repeat in its entirety.
  • edited January 2010
    I had an "interesting" day for a couple of reasons I won a £1.10 MTT in the morning for about £20 - Good start. Early evening I played a Double Stack Sat with 3 to qualify. I took out another player in 7th place (who had been going well) when I called his AI with QJ and hit a straight. He went mad! Called me a muppet, ****** and ****. Told me he was going to sort me out. Demanded my name and phone number. Demanded my address. Told me he was a nutcase and he would smash me up. Told me he had a mate who worked for Sky and he would get my name and address and do me over. A couple of the others on the table told him to go away and they got some as well! While all this was going on I lost concentration and went out in 4th on the bubble. Then I phoned Sky and reported him. This was a £2.40 buyin satellite!!!! Bad middle. After crashing out of the orfordable deepie I managed to cash in 9th in the £1.10 Speed MTT at 10:35pm for £6 Good finish but not a day I particularly want to repeat in its entirety.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Ugh - what IS the matter with these people? Do they actually enjoy Poker - they can't, if losing hurts that much.

I'd ban them for their own good, I would. Where's the pleasure if losing hurts that much you go off on one like a spoilt 2 year old & make a complete appendage of yourself when you lose?

Bleurgh.
  • edited January 2010
    I managed to win the 7:30 deepie - interestingly interrupted when 4 handed when 1 of the players SAT OUT to go to the toilet!!!!!! 

Then played a bit of cash and had a bit of TP practice by playing (and losing) a little to Charlie (flashflush) on the .10/.20 HU cash tables.  We both want to improve in this area and had a game and some fun - no chat box nonsense on our table :) 
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Just a bit - they do say the strangest things. Peeps take it so serious, too -, you'd think it was a war, not a game! I visualise some of them sitting in front of their PC snarling, wearing shades, a hoodie, & pyjama bottoms.
    Posted by Tikay10
    At times i do wear one of my 3 pairs of shades when i'm playing online!.... :) (I only wear them if i'm suffering from a bit of a migraine.)
  • edited January 2010
    i had the worst day/ afternoon since joining sky poker!

lost 4/5 dym's!!

on the plus side i had a lovely indian last night! ;-)
  • edited January 2010
    I had a good night,won my first deepstack,the £2.20 7.15 for £36. Had a bit of luck and it was all good in the chatbox.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Ugh - what IS the matter with these people? Do they actually enjoy Poker - they can't, if losing hurts that much. I'd ban them for their own good, I would. Where's the pleasure if losing hurts that much you go off on one like a spoilt 2 year old & make a complete appendage of yourself when you lose? Bleurgh.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Strange M O for this guy. Plays using a female name and a female avatar. Also tried to pick an argument with another player before he turned on me! I see he is playing on the site again today.