You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    How was last night for me?....

Watched some superb Darts on the TV all weekend and decided for a bit of fun and a laugh to take part in the 7pm Sunday Freeroll and i nearly won a free entry in Thursday Night's 12k Bounty Hunter as i got busted out in 9th overall out of 1000+ runners but some of the outdraws i produced was side spliting stuff on my part and the abuse i got from the chancers i busted out was pathetic and immature on their part but i just laughed it off as you just have rise above it.

• edited February 2010

I love this Thread, young as it is, & what a story by AceAceBaby.

I said I'd return to it today, as things were a bit hot last night, & they'd be calmer this morning......;)

So, to my humiliation & shame last night. No, not THAT Thread.

I'd left London after Saturday's two Shows & gone home to see Angell, & sort some stuff, then drove back to London yesterday afternoon. Nightmare, BIG crash on the M1, & it took nearly 6 hours. (The middle of the night drive home took 2.5 hours).

So maybe my mind was wrong, but I exited FIRST in the Primo in a truly awful play. It was my J-J v K-K, what was I thinking? Especially embarrassing in that I was in my PTP (& thus Sky-Funded) Account. Bleurgh.

I was in 2 other Comps. In one, with 10 x BB left, I Raised it up with A-J & Mr Goose shoved on me. It was an easy fold, but for some reason......Taxi.

I was going great in the third, & popped it up with A-A, flop was  distinctly wet-looking J-T-3, two Clubs, & my man had K-J of Clubs. An optimistic call pre, maybe, but he's never going away on that flop. I had the A of clubs, too. Anyway, he hit, & I never.

So, 2 unforced errors - my unforced error rate in poker is about 2 per year, as I'm so risk-averse - & one "played-itself-er".

The Omaha was not good, either. Sat with £20, soon had £65, soon had zilch. Mostly just typical Omaha situations, but one bad play, too.

At about 00.15, I logged off from my PTP Account & switched to tikay1 (after telling my 2 Omaha Tables what & why), & I felt a bit freer to dance a bit now, as it's my own money. But still I could not make anything happen, & I just drifted 10% + or _ my pull-ups for an hour, then decided to give best.

I had 2 Last-Longers with Anj1970, & amazingly, ended up sat next to her - with Position - in one of them. I ran good, she ran bad, so I won that L-L, but the other one was in the Primo.......

The rest of the evening was, you know, those Threads. I thought young Blackfish got a rough ride to be honest. He's a young man, & Forum mood & tone is something that takes time to learn. He seemed to take it well - very well I thought - & we exchanged some PM's which I hope helped.

I think I'll decline to further discuss the other thread. Bleurgh........

Keep your "Last night" stories coming please, this thread could be a corker. Does not have to be just poker, either......

PS - Getting some stick from Mother Hen & Lord Duffness today, too - something to do with discussing the homosexual tendancies of mallards on a poker show.....Meanwhile, Orford is announcing Live on air that John Terry scored again on Saturday, but as usual, failed to keep a clean sheet.....

More tomorrow.
  • edited February 2010
    live was awful last night.

1/2 BI for 200 and quickly get it upto 500.  then i lose bits here and there in small pots.

have 350 in front.

UTG (has 100 in play and tilting) makes it 12...MP (has 400, decent player) makes it 40....I have AKhh in the SB and make it 125.....BB thinkgs for a couple of mins and folds....UTG calls....MP says have you got AA then moves in...I call.

he had KK.

flop Q 4 4 with 2 hearts...so I now have 12 outs weeeeeeeee....and I miss

BB claims he folded QQ.
    -----------------------------------

rebuy for another 200 and quickly get upto 350 again.  raise to 11 PF and I call MP with 66.  3 other calls.

flop K 6 3...original PF raiser bets 40.  I make it 107.  he moves in for 250.  I call

he has AK.

turn 3...river K so rigged so bad....98.5% favourite on the flop
    --------------------------------------

i have 100 left and then get it on in a small pot with T8 on a K 9 2 7 board.  get called by K7 and I don't hit my OESD.

I think ok ill reload again but think better of it and decide to go see some mates.
  • edited February 2010
    Well, last night i entered a $300,000 guaranteed tournament. 3000 players at around 7pm think it was!

Was going well, steadily chipping up, no real risks! at 12.00 and im in the money 279 left. Im about 60th in chip counts, so in a good position!

About 10 mins after the cash bubble, im dealt AA in the bb. folded round to the sb, insta shoves for 25k! i have 35k and snap!

He shows jj, the inevitable j hits and im down to 10k, about 10 bb at this stage.

Same orbit, i find jj in the hole and its an auto shove. bb dwells and calls. shows 77. great stuff im back in it! 7 binks the river and thats the end of me!

Absolutley no complaints though, went in ahead, thought i played very well and was patient for my spots. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes!

So the $90,000 for first place will have to wait for now, and ill take the $400ish i got for my finish. Still a good return for 5 odd hours work, so no complaints from me! Onto the next one!!
  • edited February 2010
    Ahhh I have had a few days off as I've been running really bad!... Came on this morning though 50nl and won 3 buyins then quit out of boredom!

Down a fair few hundred in the last week though, but thats what multi-tabling can do..... once you start hitting coolers and your aces and kings are constantly being cracked all over the place the losses rack up!

It seems I keep flopping the nuts on rainbow boards and losing to runner runner constantly..... o yes thats it... I also flopped 3 kings this morning against a player called TimTimmens lol and he went all in with a 9 high plush draw and hit..... why can't I just fill up for once to get my own back lol?
  • edited February 2010
    had a good session last night... played well ran well... they seem to go hand in hand, maybe its results orientated thinking on the sly? when you play bad you run bad and when you play well you run... well sometimes well sometimes not so well lol. I was up about 3BIs at 8NL for the day and was involved in my biggest pot (£25- im a complete cash noob) so i was buzzing and decided to call it a night early and lock my profits away... i seem to not want to play when im doing well! it should really be the opposite!
  • edited February 2010
    Last night was terrible. I was verbally abused and threatened then lost £2 on Omaha after signing up to it accidently.  Then I was on the cash tables and lost a furtther few pounds.

To top it off I then got a really bad head and was sweating like a pig all night despite it being -5.

Think I am over the worst of it though now and in the words of Fergie "I got a feeling, tonights gonna be a good night!"
  • edited February 2010

Ugh, just finishing! My eyes are soooo bleary! Went for the house fone to order a chinese and realised it was 3am!
    Trying to cook some pasta! Im not sure how well its going!

Anyway my night, last night, Deepstack! Had 10,000 chips after 4 hands! After 4 hours, I had....10,000 chips!

Final table was on the rob with aj, n at outdrew me!

Went to play some cash with spike, n blackfish! Won a few buy ins, theres some krazy calls down there!

Then HU cash, just got off, its so exhausting! to say it went 1 way then the next wudnt do it justice. Played a bloke called alex, at NL20, n when we ended there was over £100 on the table! He dominated me when he had position, I learnt alot from him.

Managed to end up a buy in up-ish ;) but at one point was alottttt down!

Gud night, gud fun

DOHHHH

• edited February 2010
    Came 48th in the 8pm BH last night and managed to take some heads :)
    Went on to play 50l Omaha cash, went okay ended up around £40 up in the end. It's an experience playing omaha, Im really enjoying the game and there are some really good players there and I am constantly learning whilst playing with people likr tikay at the tables. Perhaps I am playing above my level at the 50l at the moment because I am no expert but I am holding my own and each mistake I make makes me stronger and I am improving I believe, well that is my 50 cents from last night :)

Dylan
  • edited February 2010

I Played like a male hen! Good fun, though.

I doubled up very early in the 7.15 Deepie in excruciatingly embarrassing style. I'd been busy, found J-J, & popped it, & was acommodated in two spots.

Flop 8-8-5, nice, I bet out, Mr Goose moves all-in!

Well, he clearly has quads or no hand, so I snap. He has Q-Q. Well played Sir, you trapped me proper good. Except the Turn came a binky Jack.

"Sorry bud". He was as good as gold about it, "it happens" he typed.

Later, I elevate it with A-K suited, & get looked up by the BB. 9-5-3 rainbow, he checks, let's not mess about, "ALL-IN", try calling THAT Mister. He called in a zillionth of a nanasecond with his pocket (& now set of) Nines. As you do.

Deep now, & Short, I decided to go for it with K-J, walked into Q-Q & A-K. That's called "drawing thin" I think.

In the BH, I went well until about half-way, when I made a move with A-9 on the Button, & Mr BB looked me up. Flop was A high, he checks, I shove, he snaps with nicely played A-Q.....

7.30 Deepie? More of the same, & a shameful 16th of 19. I'd had an accident earlier - a trifle unfortunate that one, when my Aces got torpedoed - so was in shove mode, looking for a 2xup. The very impressive Uzi-Lover button-limped on my Big, I shoved with A-K suited, & he snapped with 3-3. No improvement, taxi 4 tikay.

Omaha cash then. Sat with Dylan (VERY good table company), Mere, Eire (I asked EIRE what his ROI was.....), & a few others, was 2-Tabling. Went well until almost my last hand of the night, when I did a full pull-up in one of those typical Omaha spots.

Apart from that, it all went rather well.....

There was a Player on the Omaha I've not seen before, his alias was "John Banks". Does anyone remember the "real" & infamous John Banks?

He was a bookie, back in the 70's, & he was in bed (metaphorically speaking) with John Francombe, who was the best Jumps Jockey of his era. (And arguable many eras). John rode for the legendary Fred Winter.

Anyway, some jiggery-pokery goes off, & it's alleged that Banks slipped Francombe a brown envelope for inside info about a highly fancied & heavily backed Chaser at Newbury in 1978 which Francombe had the leg up on. It all comes out on top, & Banks gets "warned off" for 3 years, & Francombe gets a 6 month Ban.

The name of the horse? "Stopped". You could not make it up.

John Banks, a Scot, with an office in Sauecihall St, Glasgow, died 6 or 7 years ago, & was an awesome character. He had a string of betting shops - "money factories" he called them, which he sold for over a million quid in 1971, & he drove round in a bright yellow Rolls-Royce. He pretty much invented "novelty bets", on things such as "Come Dancing", & he pioneered handicap betting on Football.

He had a lifelong battle of wits with a certain well-known Bookmaker, headed in those days by Cyril Stein, & he "put it in Cyril's eye" every time.

Given time, I could tell you a hundred John Banks stories, but I fear you'd all be asleep before paragraph 2. But they'd be fun to write.
  • edited February 2010
    go crazy tk im interested and need to put off reading european law :|
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    Last night was terrible. I was verbally abused and threatened then lost £2 on Omaha after signing up to it accidently.  Then I was on the cash tables and lost a furtther few pounds. To top it off I then got a really bad head and was sweating like a pig all night despite it being -5. Think I am over the worst of it though now and in the words of Fergie "I got a feeling, tonights gonna be a good night!"
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Miyagi man, I was also abused and threatened last week and I called Sky Support immediately to report the culprit. I suggest you do the same. This must be stamped on. I don't have a problem with a bit of **** abuse (although I accept others may) but threats to hunt me down and smash me up etc. etc. are totally unacceptable.
  • edited February 2010
    I love this Thread, young as it is, & what a story by AceAceBaby. I said I'd return to it today, as things were a bit hot last night, & they'd be calmer this morning......;) So, to my humiliation & shame last night. No, not THAT Thread. I'd left London after Saturday's two Shows & gone home to see Angell, & sort some stuff, then drove back to London yesterday afternoon. Nightmare, BIG crash on the M1, & it took nearly 6 hours. (The middle of the night drive home took 2.5 hours). So maybe my mind was wrong, but I exited FIRST in the Primo in a truly awful play. It was my J-J v K-K, what was I thinking? Especially embarrassing in that I was in my PTP (& thus Sky-Funded) Account. Bleurgh. I was in 2 other Comps. In one, with 10 x BB left, I Raised it up with A-J & Mr Goose shoved on me. It was an easy fold, but for some reason......Taxi. I was going great in the third, & popped it up with A-A, flop was  distinctly wet-looking J-T-3, two Clubs, & my man had K-J of Clubs. An optimistic call pre, maybe, but he's never going away on that flop. I had the A of clubs, too. Anyway, he hit, & I never. So, 2 unforced errors - my unforced error rate in poker is about 2 per year, as I'm so risk-averse - & one "played-itself-er". The Omaha was not good, either. Sat with £20, soon had £65, soon had zilch. Mostly just typical Omaha situations, but one bad play, too. At about 00.15, I logged off from my PTP Account & switched to tikay1 (after telling my 2 Omaha Tables what & why), & I felt a bit freer to dance a bit now, as it's my own money. But still I could not make anything happen, & I just drifted 10% + or _ my pull-ups for an hour, then decided to give best. I had 2 Last-Longers with Anj1970, & amazingly, ended up sat next to her - with Position - in one of them. I ran good, she ran bad, so I won that L-L, but the other one was in the Primo....... The rest of the evening was, you know, those Threads. I thought young Blackfish got a rough ride to be honest. He's a young man, & Forum mood & tone is something that takes time to learn. He seemed to take it well - very well I thought - & we exchanged some PM's which I hope helped. I think I'll decline to further discuss the other thread. Bleurgh........ Keep your "Last night" stories coming please, this thread could be a corker. Does not have to be just poker, either...... PS - Getting some stick from Mother Hen & Lord Duffness today, too - something to do with discussing the homosexual tendancies of mallards on a poker show.....Meanwhile, Orford is announcing Live on air that John Terry scored again on Saturday, but as usual, failed to keep a clean sheet..... More tomorrow.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lord Tikay, I know exactly what happened to you yesterday. You went on tilt due to THAT thread. Bet you haven't done that for about 10 years! Good luck for the rest of the week.
  • edited February 2010
    had a good session last night... played well ran well... they seem to go hand in hand, maybe its results orientated thinking on the sly? when you play bad you run bad and when you play well you run... well sometimes well sometimes not so well lol. I was up about 3BIs at 8NL for the day and was involved in my biggest pot (£25- im a complete cash noob) so i was buzzing and decided to call it a night early and lock my profits away... i seem to not want to play when im doing well! it should really be the opposite!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    "I seem to not want to play when I'm doing well". Make sure you're not stopping too early when you're winning and staying too long when you're losing. That would not be optimal.
  • edited February 2010
    .......Sat with Dylan (VERY good table company), Mere, Eire (I asked EIRE what his ROI was.....)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very nice play on words there Tikay - Gave me a chuckle - 

All the best.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Very nice play on words there Tikay - Gave me a chuckle -  All the best.
    Posted by Sherlock
    Thank you Mr Sherlock. It whooshed Mr EIRE, sadly.
  • edited February 2010
    my night went quite well, i entered the 7.30 deepie and took it down winning 114 or so, im registered again tonight so get in everyone. 

i played 40p/80p cash game, sat with 80 and got it up to 270. a guy got a cooler from me, i had aces he had queens and he lost his stack, but all credit to him he reloaded and won a nice bit of cash. i ended up finishing with 180, a series of hands that i was outdrawn, it happens. i had A-J, raised and got 1 caller, flop came Ad-Jd-3c, he bets, i raise, he goes allin for £40, i call, he has Kd-Qd, guess the turn? 10d wd sir you had royal flush :(, so i left the table having figured it can only get worse from here, so all in all a decent profit for the evening and hoping to have another good nights poker.
  • edited February 2010
    Great new thread Tikay.  Well tonight is going to be first night on since Friday so I look forward to posting here tomorrow on my mission to rebuild my bankroll after an 'accident' on Saturday night.  Long story short, Saturday went football, pub, beer, shots, jager-bombs, takeaway, home, laptop, SkyVegas, blackjack, idiocy, pass-out, wake up, hang over, cold realisation, vomit.

The sooner Sky get the self exclusions I ask about every three months or I fit my laptop with a breathalyzer the better.
  • edited February 2010
    I got it alright Tikay Very funny Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Thank you Mr Sherlock. It whooshed Mr EIRE, sadly.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited February 2010
    I got it alright Tikay Very funny Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? :
    Posted by Eire82
    You missed your opportunity to engage Mr Tikay on all things' Iarnród Éireann - he would have loved that!

All the best
  • edited February 2010
    Great new thread Tikay.  Well tonight is going to be first night on since Friday so I look forward to posting here tomorrow on my mission to rebuild my bankroll after an 'accident' on Saturday night.  Long story short, Saturday went football, pub, beer, shots, jager-bombs, takeaway, home, laptop, SkyVegas, blackjack, idiocy, pass-out, wake up, hang over, cold realisation, vomit. The sooner Sky get the self exclusions I ask about every three months or I fit my laptop with a breathalyzer the better.
    Posted by TommyD
    Wondered where you had been! You've been much missed on the Omaha tables. Calling with 2 high flushes & the like.

PS - See you Saturday. ;)
  • edited February 2010
    I got it alright Tikay Very funny Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? :
    Posted by Eire82
    Gotcha!

I bet someone a quid I could tease you onto the Forum. And here you are....

Welcome aboard, & I'll see you on the Omaha Tables later.
  • edited February 2010
    "How was it for you last night"

Pretty Bad to be honest, I turned up expecting to win a few games, after the first hour I had lost three games, second hour I managed to get two back but by the end of the night I was 6-2 down.

Who'd be a Darts Captain Eh! wish I'd stopped in and played poker instead. 
  • edited February 2010
    for me tonight, well i won tko leg 3 wooooooooo, i played the 22 deepstack for the 2nd night and came 2nd, came 1st last night and 2nd tonight, was allin my a-q vs k-10, flop came something like 3-10-q he hit a 2nd 10 on the river, was very sick but still enjoyed it, only 15 runners, very very disappointing.

• edited February 2010
    Kilmarnock FC beat Celtic FC 1-0!!!!!  WOW!  Fantastic night, go on the Killie!
  • edited February 2010
    Came 2nd in the £500 BH in the wee small hours,

Was chip leader, just, when it was heads up,  First hand I got heads up,  A Q Suited, went all in, he called with K9 off suit and won it with a pair of kings.  hung on for a few more hands then lost it with a pair of 2's 

Nice return on the investment though, both in terms of Cash and Fun 
  • edited February 2010
    Grrr.  Last night mission 'rebuild' started with a small loss overall.  Cashed in 4 of the 4 DYM's I entered but a couple of beats in the tourneys and a poor performance on the PLO tables saw that all eaten up.  Let's try again :)
  • edited February 2010
    I was happy with how last night went, I didn't do to well in the Double Stack but entered the £1500 and came 9th, then was in the £1000 GTD and came 1st after a lengthy Heads up. Played a bit on the Omaha cash tables, made a loss of £6.31!! Overall, happy night but I don't think I will be entering the 8pm BH tonight, fancy a night off but may play some Omaha later on in the evening :)
  • edited February 2010
    I had an ejoyable evening last night.  I cant keep a bankroll, im useless and find skybet to much of a lure so i just deposti now when i fancy a game and should I win anything I wtihdraw it.

I deposited £20 last night intending to play the double stack @ 8.  Around 7 my fingers started twitching, I saw orfords post on the forum and decided to go play some cash.  Thought id play for an hour hopfully have £11 left by the end of it to play the doubelstack.

First hand I get kq suited raise to a quid, Orford calls flop J** I bet 4 quid he goes all in, and thats a fiver gone first hand, not a good start when ive only got £20 to play with.  Had better fortune after that andleft just before 8 with just over £33

Played the doublestack, was donig ok at first break i was 7th out of 200+ but didnt have an easy table was only 3rd in chips, I always seem to find this when im donig well in a tournament.  I became card dead and 10 minutes before the 2nd break i lost my connection.  Took around 9 minutes to get the table back up, at this point it was the last hand before the break and i was now down to 9 big blinds.  Had AJ so went all in, got called by kings and that was the end of that finished 61st.  i was dissapointed but happy enough with the way I played.  I checked my hadn history after i was out and didnt really miss a hand during the boot.

I then played a £2 heads up mtt, that was fast and furious and id beaten 3 people in around 6 minutes but unfortunately once again didnt cash.

Was going to go bed then with the £20 i started with but decided to play a little omaha.  I didnt expect to do very well playing against the likes of tikay mere and dylanto name a few but after an hour of playing turned £20 into £63 so was happy with that.  Still got a lot to learn about omaha so my appologies if i called in situations i shouldnt have.  I did get one wow after I called, it was only a small pot and I won it but dont think my opponent was very impressed!!

Gareth
  • edited February 2010
    Gareth - VUL with the bet on Hull to beat Chelsea, but as a United fan, I guess ur pretty happy.

Anyway, last night!

Another day when I was milessss in front n blew the profits, need to stop doing this.
    22 quid tourny at half 7, I made ft, then blew it as usual. I think ive cashed in all but 1 ive played, n the one I failed, had 18k at the first break n was out within half an hour :( I dont think anyone can help me with this prob, its not 1 thing or the other, I just start playing poorly! Only I can change that.

Anyway, as always I blew 8 hours profits in half an hour after midnight, to wake up just above even again, same old story. It feels like play money, I need to be more ruthless if I wana go far at this game. dohhhhhhhh

Gd thread, enjoy reading it, DOHH