You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    Gareth - VUL with the bet on Hull to beat Chelsea, but as a United fan, I guess ur pretty happy. Anyway, last night! Another day when I was milessss in front n blew the profits, need to stop doing this. 22 quid tourny at half 7, I made ft, then blew it as usual. I think ive cashed in all but 1 ive played, n the one I failed, had 18k at the first break n was out within half an hour :( I dont think anyone can help me with this prob, its not 1 thing or the other, I just start playing poorly! Only I can change that. Anyway, as always I blew 8 hours profits in half an hour after midnight, to wake up just above even again, same old story. It feels like play money, I need to be more ruthless if I wana go far at this game. dohhhhhhhh Gd thread, enjoy reading it, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    stop drinking when you play!! your such a durrr you just dont care about money lol.

anyway for me... eurgh bad day :( hit the nl8 cash tables throughout the day... big fail... i play so bad sometimes i dont know why, that river shove gets me everytime lol, im such a donk. To cool off i played 4 £5 dyms... cashed 1/4... jeeez... so bad day/night for moi :(
  • edited February 2010
    i bubbled in the 22 deepstack by which i decided to get some food, i came back and was going to watch a film but decided to play cash, i sat at a 50/1 table and a couple of 25/50

i managed to double up on the 25/50 on one of them i had 130 but i made a ridiculous call against a stack bigger than me and lost it, which i know i shouldnt have called  but i was doing well on my other tables so i thought id gamble, so should have an extra 130 in my account. the 50/1 table couldnt have gone any better, i started with 100, went down to 80, so put another 20 in. i finished the night with £568+ on the table. i got a few hands but i felt i played very well, i lost a big pot with q-j to q-10 when i had over 600 but im happy enough with getting 5x what i started with. 

i dont get chance to play the big bh on thursdays as i play live every thursday so gl to everyone in that.
  • edited February 2010
    Played my first sessions of cash omaha last night.  Got felted four times.  Still need to adjust to the hand ranges.  Also, flatted with the nuts on the river a couple of times because I forgot that you have to use at least two cards from your starting hand.  I see that Tikay is playing the omaha tables on Friday night.  That's when I win it all back.
  • edited February 2010

A most peculiar & somewhat embarrassing night for me.

I had Reg;'d for the £22 7.30 Deepie, fully intending to withdraw if it got decent numbers, as I had some other stuff to sort last night. Suddenly the Table "popped up", sigh, too late.

Early doors I took a raised hand pre-flop with 7c-8c, & flopped the U & D str8 draw and a gutterball str8 flush draw. I binked it on the Turn, & the River betting was com, as both of us Raised in increments, until there were nearly 12,000 chips in the middle. My man had the Nut Flush, ugh, what a horrible beat for him.

He was down to a few hundred, & moved in next hand, & got smoothed behind, I had 7-7 in the BB & made the obligatory Call. Shortie had Q-Q, Mr Smooth had A-A, & the flop came a binky 7 high. This was getting well embarrassing.....

I had to monitor the TP guys, so as Chip Daddy, I pretty much sat out the next few hours. When I "woke up" I found myself 8th of 8, short-stacked, with 6 paid. Honestly, I wish I were always short-stacked, it's where I play my best poker, & I never really doubted I'd money.

The Final began, & I was still short, whilst Dohx7 had a monster stack, though he lost a lump with some spanners that walked into K-K.

He was Button to my Big, & was "active" on my Big (quite correctly), & I determined that I'd have to push back quite soon if he kept it up.

He Raised my Big yet again, I had A-2 & snap-jammed, call THAT Mr Doh! It's an easy play for me, as he never has a hand, Uber-Lags never do.

The speed of his Call suggested I may have a problem, & I did - he had K-K! My A-2 was on pretty much a 3 outer. The 3-4-5 Flop changed all that. Ugh again......

3 handed, & Table Shortie (fancy that....) I decided to make my stand with 6-6 when I faced a Raise, & it all went in - perfect, he had the ideal hand, A-K. He improved immediately, & that was that.

My luck knows no bounds, & I was pretty embarrassed to cash, all things considered. Still, it cuts both ways.

Nice Comp, that 7.30 Deepie.
  • edited February 2010

I played the DS ME, too, but could never get anything going really. Sometimes it just goes that way.

I lost a big chunk with A-K, when I got looked up by Q-T. It came Q-J-X, & I fired, & got called. Rinse, repeat on the blank turn.

The River paired the Q, which is either an excellent card or a horror card. Like a numpty, I fired again, & of course he had the Q. What a terrible play I made there, what else CAN he have to Call me twice?

I iz a donkey, innit.

Later, some gentle Omaha with the Regs, Mere, Dylan, TommyD & Co. I adore that last hour of Omaha, we play 10p-20p, 25p-50p or 50p-100p, & it's all very amiable, & tremendous fun, it relaxes me, they don't fire non-stop questions at me, & it's incredibly enjoyable. I plateu'd for a good while, then found a nice 2xUp just before I drew stumps.

All good fun, & a small profit too, what more could I wish for?
  • edited February 2010

Looking at the Thread title, it's possibly inviting trouble to Post here today........

But anyway.

Main Event. Don't ask.  Half concentrating, & playing 2 Omaha Tourneys parallel, I Raised it up with A-J, (A-J!, don't tell Lisa-Donk), & got accommodated. I've been playing these type of Tourneys a LOT "faster" recently, & if I can get a stack early, they play OK. It came A-T-x, 2 diamonds, & I bet out, half my stack is now in the middle. But I got re-raised. I'm beating nothing really - a Flush Draw or A-9 down! - but for some reason, I jammed, hoping he was on the FD, & half-expected him to fold. He had Top Two, gg. 

A shocking play by me, OK, it happens, nobody noticed. Until the Hand got shown on the Show. Groan.

I had no luck in the first Omaha Tourney I played - I think I bubbled or almost so - & in the next, the 8.15, I was down to 525 chips but got it back up to 7,000, abouit average, with 6 or 7 left, & was confident I'd cash. And then we all crashed, aarrgggh.

Hey-Ho.

The Site was back later, but I decided to swerve my usual late night Omaha Cash game session, as I'd probably get battered by questions from unhappy-bunny players.......

Sometimes you just have to seek shelter from the storm. ;)
  • edited February 2010
    For me, last night was the worst night of poker I have so far experienced!! I ran KK into AA, ran QQ into KK and ran AA into AK (hearts) and lost to a flush, nothing went right, im not complaining about that BUT I have to admit that i did tilt slightly last night, I never really tilt and rise above most things but I did make a bad call last night when I called an All in with K2 when the board read K95 5 10 (rainbow), a terrible call but I truly believed I had the best hand and that it would be a split pot at worse, I had betted every street heavily and committed over 1000 chips and paid off the extra 2000 to the guy because I did not believe he had the straight but alas he had QJ - so much for my instinct!! Got a bit of abuse for my call, and it did tilt me, went on the Omaha table but kept losing, seemed a lot of the times I did have the best hand on the flop and was betting aggresivly but had the worst of it by the river!! Never feel down ever about poker, a loss is a loss and you need to just keep grinding away but for some reason I lost some confidence last night, I play with instinct and it seems that just one hand has question my game a little - I need to hit the tables hard tonight I think and try to get my confidence back before Monday!! Sorry for the rant.

Dylan
  • edited February 2010
    For me, last night was the worst night of poker I have so far experienced!! I ran KK into AA, ran QQ into KK and ran AA into AK (hearts) and lost to a flush, nothing went right, im not complaining about that BUT I have to admit that i did tilt slightly last night, I never really tilt and rise above most things but I did make a bad call last night when I called an All in with K2 when the board read K95 5 10 (rainbow), a terrible call but I truly believed I had the best hand and that it would be a split pot at worse, I had betted every street heavily and committed over 1000 chips and paid off the extra 2000 to the guy because I did not believe he had the straight but alas he had QJ - so much for my instinct!! Got a bit of abuse for my call, and it did tilt me, went on the Omaha table but kept losing, seemed a lot of the times I did have the best hand on the flop and was betting aggresivly but had the worst of it by the river!! Never feel down ever about poker, a loss is a loss and you need to just keep grinding away but for some reason I lost some confidence last night, I play with instinct and it seems that just one hand has question my game a little - I need to hit the tables hard tonight I think and try to get my confidence back before Monday!! Sorry for the rant. Dylan
    Posted by dylan12
    Hi Dylan,

I guessed you were having a rough time last night, when we briefly shared Tables, you seemed a bit down, but some nights it just goes like that.

But with next week's TP looming large, which is so important, I'm not sure "hitting the Tables hard" tonight is the best way forward - you can't "force" poker.

Chill for a night, play a few levels below normal, and relax, You need to be mentally "right" come Monday, & a soft weekend will do you no harm at all. Form is temporary, class is not, & you'll be just fine next week.

Good luck.  
  • edited February 2010
    Last night?  Don't ask........no seriously..........leave well alone!  :(
  • edited February 2010
    Last night?  Don't ask........no seriously..........leave well alone!  :(
    Posted by cottlad
    THAT bad?

Well I hope we are only discussing poker here......
  • edited February 2010

lol thats 2 reports in, n 2 people seem to not have had the best of nights. Both top players, sure u'll go n smash the tables to bits tonight!

For me it was good, but not as good as it should have been, again.

Trying a new lappy ahead of my tp week, so decided to play the orfordable deepie. Its a ten seater, so perfect for multi tabling, dont wanna run before I can walk with it, but 2, and at 1 point even 3 tables worked ok!

The tourny itself was so hard, my games pretty smash n bash, like to get in and out of alot of pots, but playing 10 handed I had to calm it down alot and be more selective. Although the buy in is alot lower than usual, it was the toughest mtt ive played for weeks, these guys r obviously more experienced 10 handed, and a few times they just picked me off. The standard was high, a couple of players stood out imparticular. I made the final table and ended in 6th, changed gears as we became 9, 8, 7, 6 handed, gt abit unlucky, but no complaints, Im very proud of the ft finish.

I played the main event alongside the deepie, at one point was deep in both, ft-ing the deepie whilst in the top 10 with 40 left in the main event. This was testing my multi tabling skills, but I managed ok I think. Still managed to study each player individually and felt in control of both tables.

In the main event, I ran into a guy I would never ever like to play again. He wasa nightmare. As Im complimenting him, I'll name him. THEGUV! - He came over the top of me OOP time and time and time again! He had no fear and I just couldnt find a hand to call! - In the end he bust me, I didnt give him the chance to come bak over me, moved all in B on B with an ace, he called with something like jq, and that was that, out in 21st.

Must have had a few by now, well, I had, as I had an hour playing omaha against the sharks, Im so out of my league there it's unreal. But I managed to limit the damage n have woke up with a nice profit

Sat is my fave day, football at 12, racing at 2, my team Donny r on sky at tea time, that finishes just in time for mastercash, then TP, then MOTDay! Alll whilst playing cards! What more cud u want!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    I lasted just over an hour in the main event when I ran AKs into AKo and QQ aipf. I turned a flush draw but didn't bink it.

I multi-tabled (well, I consider 2 tables multi-tabling) some Omaha with some of the usual suspects.
    I was nicely in profit until I ended up HU with someone that I'd never played before.
    He played a very aggressive game and seemed to hit every hand. It was quite remarkable and I paid him off just about every time too.
    I got a right spanking and ended up down on the night.
    It was still great fun, though.
  • edited February 2010
    hehe yeah.... that's all there is right?  :D
    KK v 33 allin on 23k7 board started the evening in great style when the 3 dropped.
    I spent the rest of the evening grinding like a maniac to get close to level.......
    Last hand of the evening AA v QQ for 300bb's AIPF O hai mrs Q!

I'd promised myself that last nights play was to potentially fund a live game....
    />£125 i'd buy a GUKPT club championship seat
    />£300 i'd buy a UKIPT seat
    anything more i'd put it towards the cash sidegames
    I don't play much live....mainly just as a social night out/treat and i sometimes have these 'tonights for the live fund' nights........  i guess i'll just stay at home lol....... or you could stake me!  :)
  • edited February 2010

Dohx7,

At last - you've got a proper Lappie sorted. You'll need that next week, in the meantime, yeah, practice a bit more multi-tabling, you must be able to do that next week.

Your comment on 10 handed v 6 handed was interesting - the difference in playing style needed is massive, & Position becomes much more important.

But I'll remember your Post above all else for that expression you used to describe your usdual game.

"Bash n smash".

Love it!

• edited February 2010
    OK.,I'm going to do a bit of bragging so apologies in advance!
    Having finished 4th out of 123 in the £120 GTD Speed MTT on Friday (for £10 profit) I was feeling good yesterday. I started off with the Primo Sat and the Orfordable Deepie (double tabling, pretty much a new experience for me). I managed to qualify through to the Primo Semi and made steady progress in the Deepie, although my stack did do plenty of yoyoing. During the Deepie I picked up my 4th Quads in a week, quad 10s for the second time to go with quad 9s twice!
    Whilst going deep in the Deepie the Primo semi started but I ran AA into 65o after 30 minutes or so and the 789 flop did for me! Focusing on the Deepie I made final table and went out in 4th for another nice profit of £16.
    So to this morning where I tackled the £30 GTD MTT at 10AM with 60 odd runners and, made final table, made HU and finally went out when my K7cc on a board of 9c 7 9 10c 5 ran up against A 9. Still, second place for another £11 profit and 3 cashes in a row.
    By the way, during this morning's tourny I picked up QUAD 10s! So that's quad 10s three times and quad 9s twice in a week.
  • edited February 2010

Last night? Very relaxing.

I was PTP-ing Omaha cash only, & I worked my way through 6 Tables, opening up a fresh one each time. They all filled, so they know valooooo when they see it.

PTP is a most peculiar gig. It'd hardly be very bright to go & bust players - Clients - wholesale (even assuming we were capable, & we are certainly not), equally, propfessional pride means none of us want to lose our Bankroll, & have to go, cap in hand to Sky Des asking for more.

So, in Tourneys, we play as hard as we can. But in PTP Cash, I play ultra uber-nitty & conservative, the whole idea being to keep the Bankroll stable. We get called very wide, so no point making any moves, but it's still possible to do OK.

Last night was my first PTP all Omaha cash night, & you know how it is with Omaha, whats in front of you will end up in the middle soon enough if you play properly.

Somehow, being VERY selective with my Starting Hands, & Position, I nitted my way to a small profit overall, & I was ahead on 4 of the 6 Tables, so it was not just one or two crash-bang-wallop double ups.

On one Table, the other players - who seem to play EVERY hand, commented that I must be "away", as I'd not payed a hand in 2 orbits. I've had to cope with those sort of comments for over 12 years, it's just how I play.

So it was enjoying, relaxing, & I did my job well. Most satisfactory.

Sadly, the Forum had it's usual Friday night hoo-hah. I think I'll stay off the Forum on Fridays in future, it always kicks off, & I don't spend time on forums to watch, or indulge, in barneys.

No poker tonight - I'm working -  & I'm up at DTD in Nottingham tomorrow, to mix work with pleasure, meet some Sky Poker regs, do a bit of filming, do a bit of business with Rob Yong, who owns DTD, & play their £150 Deepie. So it'll be Monday before I play here again.

I hope you all have a great weekend, & you keep this thread bubbling along - I enjoy this thread more than almost any, mercifully free as it is from the dreaded whinge buckets.

Take care now.
  • edited February 2010
    OK.,I'm going to do a bit of bragging so apologies in advance! Having finished 4th out of 123 in the £120 GTD Speed MTT on Friday (for £10 profit) I was feeling good yesterday. I started off with the Primo Sat and the Orfordable Deepie (double tabling, pretty much a new experience for me). I managed to qualify through to the Primo Semi and made steady progress in the Deepie, although my stack did do plenty of yoyoing. During the Deepie I picked up my 4th Quads in a week, quad 10s for the second time to go with quad 9s twice! Whilst going deep in the Deepie the Primo semi started but I ran AA into 65o after 30 minutes or so and the 789 flop did for me! Focusing on the Deepie I made final table and went out in 4th for another nice profit of £16. So to this morning where I tackled the £30 GTD MTT at 10AM with 60 odd runners and, made final table, made HU and finally went out when my K7cc on a board of 9c 7 9 10c 5 ran up against A 9. Still, second place for another £11 profit and 3 cashes in a row. By the way, during this morning's tourny I picked up QUAD 10s! So that's quad 10s three times and quad 9s twice in a week.
    Posted by Seagull158
    A player who fesses up to hitting quads three times, & admits he gets lucky now & then?

It won't do, off with you.

PS - Nice results Mr Gull, very nice.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : A player who fesses up to hitting quads three times, & admits he gets lucky now & then? It won't do, off with you. PS - Nice results Mr Gull, very nice.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hit quads FIVE times! I hit quad 10s three times!
  • edited February 2010
    Well Last Night, I won a couple of DYMs @ £22, Finished 8th in the orfordable deepstack, a small cash I know, but hey! they all count. Then finally I survived what seemed like an eternity to get on the last table to go on and win the 8.15 deepstack for £90.

After that I wasn't feeling too tired (at the time) so I decided to write a poem for poker, which I then posted in the lobby. Went to bed at about 3.15am and disturbed the misses, she was not best impressed but we all got our cross to bear right? mine is poker. Not so great with the poems though lol but I did try.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Hit quads FIVE times! I hit quad 10s three times!
    Posted by Seagull158
    I'm not having that. Off you go, Area 51 for you.
  • edited February 2010
    By the way, during this morning's tourny I picked up QUAD 10s! So that's quad 10s three times and quad 9s twice in a week.

ER.... FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX lolololol
  • edited February 2010
    been a good few nights for me, £900 up on the cash tables, played some very good poker last night on the 25/50 tables so happy allin all. just waiting for the pesky swing to come around :)
  • edited February 2010
    By the way, during this morning's tourny I picked up QUAD 10s! So that's quad 10s three times and quad 9s twice in a week. ER.... FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX lolololol
    Posted by acebarry10
    I tell you it was just unreal. I had quads twice within an hour in the same tourny last week (9s and 10s), then 9s on thursday, 10s last night and 10s again this morning. What I'm really pleased about is I got all the chips in the middle by the river every time.
    WIPE OUT!!
  • edited February 2010
    By the way, during this morning's tourny I picked up QUAD 10s! So that's quad 10s three times and quad 9s twice in a week. ER.... FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX lolololol
    Posted by acebarry10
    What I want to know is .... why dont I ever get quads higher than 10s? I mean, why don't I ever get Aces or Kings?
    Must be fixed.
  • edited February 2010
    bad day yesterday for me my first ever bubble :( 

just over 3 hours into the deepstack first hand into final table and that all in buttons lets me down lol
    tbf i did need a double up extra quick and maybe 23 suited on the small blind wasn't the best hand lol especially when pokertrev (who went on to win) was on the big blind with a pair of 6s

o well we live and learn congrats to pokertev again

rob
  • edited February 2010
    oh and i did get a royal flush with a pair of 10s all in against AK so cant really complain lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Hi Dylan, I guessed you were having a rough time last night, when we briefly shared Tables, you seemed a bit down, but some nights it just goes like that. But with next week's TP looming large, which is so important, I'm not sure "hitting the Tables hard" tonight is the best way forward - you can't "force" poker. Chill for a night, play a few levels below normal, and relax, You need to be mentally "right" come Monday, & a soft weekend will do you no harm at all. Form is temporary, class is not, & you'll be just fine next week. Good luck.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay

Thanks for your message, I agree with you, I need to take it easy and will only be entering a couple of tournaments tonight. Not playing Omaha this weekend, I really love the game and I learn so much when playing with yourself and merenovice to name but a few, but decided that with TP looming on Monday I need to relax and just concentrate on Holdem, but after TP this week I will be back on to Omaha to play some more - is it just me or is omaha such an exciting game - it is so unpredictable and I really find it's a good way to relax after the grind of the Holdem tables!!

Chow for now, and good luck in DTD Tikay mate!!

Dylan
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Hi Tikay Thanks for your message, I agree with you, I need to take it easy and will only be entering a couple of tournaments tonight. Not playing Omaha this weekend, I really love the game and I learn so much when playing with yourself and merenovice to name but a few, but decided that with TP looming on Monday I need to relax and just concentrate on Holdem, but after TP this week I will be back on to Omaha to play some more - is it just me or is omaha such an exciting game - it is so unpredictable and I really find it's a good way to relax after the grind of the Holdem tables!! Chow for now, and good luck in DTD Tikay mate!! Dylan
    Posted by dylan12
    Yes - mixing Hold Em, & Omaha is not usually a good thing, as you need to develop diffeent habits & mindsets for each game. I'd stick to the 2 card game until your TP week has passed. I find it very hard to switch from Omaha to Held 'Em, & it deffo affects how I play, hand selection, etc, until I get back in the groove.

Is Omaha more excting? Well it's horses for courses. For me, it's a 100 times more satisfying & enjoyable, it has so many more variables, & Pot Limit means that brain means as much as muscle. But the truth is, the game is vastly less popular than Hold 'Em, both Live & Online, & no matter how hard it's promoted, it's popularity has never really increased much. Hey-ho, the liquidity is here is pretty thin right now, but it's gaining traffic night on night, & so there's usually a choice of games available.

DTD tomorrow - my first Live Poker for a good few weeks, amazingly. Odd to think that not many years ago, & for 7 or 8 years, I was playing Live Poker 7 nights a week, mainly in Fessies. How times change, but I'm enjoying my time in poker now more than I ever have.

• edited February 2010
    Last night was a lot better, cashed in the 8pm tourney, then played and won some cash in the 50nl with Tuckman and worked out a weakness in my game that was just so simple but I had not realised!! I then played the £400 BH tourney and came 2nd overall which was a good result because I hate BH's!!!!!!

Good luck Tikay and the gang in DTD today!!
  • edited February 2010
    Last night I did ok..... up about £300 on cash... made good call in the Master Cash live tables.... calling with 66 lol to an all in on the turn with two over cards..... even Tikay said was gread read and great call lol!

Don't want to hit a bad swing like last week though when I was like £700 in the hole in like 2 days of complete and utter hardcore coolers :(

Ah well, good luck in DTD Tikay.. I shall have to come up there when you there next to play some heads-up cash ;)