You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited February 2010

My Post is almost a Blog, but I think we ought not steal the thunder of the TP-ers, who are all penning terrific Blogs right now, & so I'll Post it here.

After Saturday evening's two Live shows, I stayed over at Heathrow & planned to drive home firast thing Sunday. But I overlaid, pah.

Anyway, I got home to Derbyshire at about 1pm Sunday, sorted some stuff, then went to Sytners to sort out my car, & eventually landed at G-Luton at 5.15pm, after driving 300 miles & being in the car for nearly 6 hours, sigh.

The comp - a £100 Freezeout with 53 runners, & 10,000 chips, started at 5.30.

At 5.45, barely started yet, & I defended my BB from a serial button-Raiser, I had 2-2. He had 7-7. The flop came an action-tastic 9-7-2..........

The hand played weird, & came runner-runner possible straight on the end, so I was not quite sure where I was. I bet small on the River into what was now a 10k pot, & after tanking for minutes, my man just called with his bigger set. He had me on a flopped set, but could not suss whether it was 2's or 9's! I really don't think we should go broke so easily in a 10,000 chipper that early, & so I was quite pleased to escape so lightly.

However, I'm down to 5k, the Table is well lairy, so for oncel I need to put my aggro hat on. I went & sat out for a few hands, got myself a coffee, to re-assess my tactics, then sat back in.

Soon, I found Q-T of clubs in late Pos, & pop it up, & get myself a stubborn BB. The flop came K-high, 2 Clubs. He checks, I bet, he smooths. Hmm.

The Turn was a blank, & now I make it 3k out of my last 4,100. He tanks big time, because this bet makes me look like I WANT a Call. But I don't.....

Eventually, after much dwellage, he sets me in, & now I gotta call, & luckily I bink the club, phew. He had K-Q.

Next, I raise it up with 5-6hh, & get FOUR callers. Flop comes A-J-3, all black - I slightly missed that - but everyone checks to me. Well, the Lord helps those who help themselves....ship the pot to the old fella, Mr Dealer.

So it continues, & soon I'm in nosebleed territory with 20k. Amazing.

Lady Luck, who had been perched on my shoulder like a parrot for the last hour, now deserted me, & I dribbled & fiffed & faffed away from 20k to, eventually, 5k, & that was at 400-800! 5xBB, perfect.....

This is when I most enjoy Poker, finding those "spots", & with 25 players left, I still had a long way to go.

There followed three hours of the most fun you could have, as I just about managed to hang in, utterly card-dead, but the creative juices flowing freely, & I never got called once, amazingly.

Eventually the shout of "FINAL" rang out, happy days. Well not - only 7 paid, & it's a 10 man Final Table. And I get drawn in Seat 4, so am UTG with 4xBB!

No choice but to shove blind first hand, somehow it gets through (!!), & then we lose 1 player, then another, then another, I'm still shoving any open spot wholesale, & before I know it, we are down to 5.

But it had to end eventually, & my Q-2 ran into A-K, & sadly, we both hit, so that was that. How COULD he call me? ;)

£400 was the payment, so 9 hours of great fun, & £300 profit. What's not to like about that? It was my 3rd cash from my last 4 £100+ Live Tourneys, being £3,000, £100 & £400 (and a Bubble!), so clearly I've been running good, & I should expect a bit of a bad patch now. Bring it on, I'm ready & overdue for it.

Meanwhile, there was a £25 Omaha Comp later in the evening, & young Miss Dell - "DingDell" appointed herself Table Captain early doors, totally outplayed the Omaha boys, & romped home hard-held to a nice win. Ding was coached in Omaha by Simon Trumper, he's some amazing Omaha teacher, I tell you.

I'm working 3 of the next 5 Sundays so Live Poker will manage without me for a few weeks now.

I was a bit miffed to miss last night's TP-Fun, too, & I shal miss it tonight & tomorrow, too, as I'm PTP tonight, & TKO Winners Freeroll tomorrow. I'm also recording some stuff in the Studio on Wednesday day, PTP Friday & Sunday, & the two Shows on Saturday.

What a lovely life I lead.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : If you don't play anything else this one is a must ........ well said pod. I don't know why this doesn't have a field of 100 every night, the table chat alone is worth a fiver..
    Posted by elsadog
    Agreed, ditto the £2.20 7.15 Deepie.
  • edited February 2010
    Ver well done tikay wooooo hooooo, and Tracey too
  • edited February 2010

Tikay, when you have a stack of 20k, why dont u just imagine that you have 5k, and 4 lives? lol

I know what you mean about playing a shortstack being fun, as the pressure is off, your decisions are easy etc etc. 

It was the same for me in the TP sng last night, On the bubble with Gbabe and Nutter, I WAS he big stack, and made a move against GB button raise with J7, snapped with AK and I became the shortie. It is alot easier here, as the guys have no FE to play back at me, I shoved and shoved, then doubled, then was big stack again. Here, I have "weapons" to play with, but they get their FE back! as I can pass to a re raise/shove.

The dynamics are amazing at this stage, we were playing on level 5, 6 , 7, 8 the mind games were amazing. 

Maybe just present 1/4th of ur 20k stack and hide the other 15k under your arm? lol

Btw, in the UK, in the live games you play, do many players wear sunglasses???? 

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Tikay, when you have a stack of 20k, why dont u just imagine that you have 5k, and 4 lives? lol I know what you mean about playing a shortstack being fun, as the pressure is off, your decisions are easy etc etc.  It was the same for me in the TP sng last night, On the bubble with Gbabe and Nutter, I WAS he big stack, and made a move against GB button raise with J7, snapped with AK and I became the shortie. It is alot easier here, as the guys have no FE to play back at me, I shoved and shoved, then doubled, then was big stack again. Here, I have "weapons" to play with, but they get their FE back! as I can pass to a re raise/shove. The dynamics are amazing at this stage, we were playing on level 5, 6 , 7, 8 the mind games were amazing.  Maybe just present 1/4th of ur 20k stack and hide the other 15k under your arm? lol Btw, in the UK, in the live games you play, do many players wear sunglasses????  DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol yes, it;s MONSTA fun when there is no FE, & I just ADORE being the shortie & pushing & shoving with poo. It's so easy to push, & so hard to call with marginals. I may just try your idea & imagine I only have 25% of my starting stack! I play SO much better when I'm the shortie.

I wold like to have seen you guys strutting your stuff in th SNG last night, & I had you down as a possible winner in that, even though you think Cash is your main skillset, you are a very formidable Tourney & MTT player. I think you just need to find gears, & you'll be there.

Shades at Live Tourneys? Yes, a good few. I do sometimes, but they are prescription shades, as I can't see the Board very well these days.

So, when are you coming down to DTD to play some proper poker? I guarantee you'd love every moment. You would.......
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Lol yes, it;s MONSTA fun when there is no FE, & I just ADORE being the shortie & pushing & shoving with poo. It's so easy to push, & so hard to call with marginals. I may just try your idea & imagine I only have 25% of my starting stack! I play SO much better when I'm the shortie. I wold like to have seen you guys strutting your stuff in th SNG last night, & I had you down as a possible winner in that, even though you think Cash is your main skillset, you are a very formidable Tourney & MTT player. I think you just need to find gears, & you'll be there. Shades at Live Tourneys? Yes, a good few. I do sometimes, but they are prescription shades, as I can't see the Board very well these days. So, when are you coming down to DTD to play some proper poker? I guarantee you'd love every moment. You would.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    i want to grow up to be just like you :)
  • edited February 2010
    Sated into the 12k BH semi at 10pm and played like an absolute idiot :(
  • edited February 2010

I took the day off yesterday, to sort out some non-Sky Poker stuff, so not much to report.

I was playing on my own Account on Wednesday, & was absolutely overwhwelmed with questions about all sorts of stuff, & I run bad on the Omaha Cash & dropped 3xBI's, ugh.

I usually take Sunday's off at the moment, given my current Show-roster, & just spend a few hours Online clearing up stuff on the TP Thread, where some Sunday mornings, it gets a bit heavy. But I'm PTP-ing the next 2 Sundays, so yesterday came as a nice break, & today, I'm fresh as a daisy, & my batteries are chock-full.

I do a lot of non-Sky Poker stuff, to, so I get upwards of 50 e-Mails, & PM's, here & elsewhere, every day. So I never went near a computer yesterday until about 8pm, when I played the 8pm Main, & never won a single hand! I eventually managed to get the remains of my chips in 3 way, drawing dead. Marv!

Then I had a sneak look at the Forum, & watched all that ugly stuff going off, jeez, what is the matter with some people?

So, no chirping, no winning, no deep runs, nothing to report really.

I'll get me coat, then.
  • edited February 2010
    this software is so bad its a disgrace,yes make it interesting with ridiculous river cards,but don`t try and justify theft  by calling them bad beats,I wont be cheated any more I quit.
  • edited February 2010
    this software is so bad its a disgrace,yes make it interesting with ridiculous river cards,but don`t try and justify theft  by calling them bad beats,I wont be cheated any more I quit.
    Posted by UGLYN

Bye Bye 
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by UGLYN
    Make sure you stop off at Area 51 on your way out.
  • edited February 2010
    Made it to the final table in the £400 BH  £22 BI.

Last five were paid, so managed to hang on n my small stack until there were 5 of us,  Once I made the cash I went all in with QJ suited and lost to a Pair of kIngs against my Pair of Jacks.

Great fun in the BH,  took 4 heads which added to the profit.

I do like Bounty Hunters,  Not sure if it's just pretend poker though lol
  • edited February 2010
    Managed third in the Orfordable Deepie on Friday and second last night. Gonna be first tonight so brace yourselves! I managed to suck out on DOHHHHH last night while TP was on. I raised a caller and DOHHHH shoved on me. Caller folded and I called with 44 (it was an awful call, I know). He turned over JJ and a 4 arrived on the flop. I sucked out on Mabsue twice as well and he still got third. Well played all. Its a great tourny. 44 runners last night. Lets see 80 tonight.
  • edited February 2010
    Managed third in the Orfordable Deepie on Friday and second last night. Gonna be first tonight so brace yourselves! I managed to suck out on DOHHHHH last night while TP was on. I raised a caller and DOHHHH shoved on me. Caller folded and I called with 44 (it was an awful call, I know). He turned over JJ and a 4 arrived on the flop. I sucked out on Mabsue twice as well and he still got third. Well played all. Its a great tourny. 44 runners last night. Lets see 80 tonight.
    Posted by Seagull158
    PFFTT lol yes you did suck out on me (twice)once being 4 flushed after i flopped top pair  lol well played the quietman  got his hand's at the right time i could do know more than i did was pleased with how i played well done and thanks for the game see you at the tables soon yours Mark 
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : PFFTT lol yes you did suck out on me (twice)once being 4 flushed after i flopped top pair  lol well played the quietman  got his hand's at the right time i could do know more than i did was pleased with how i played well done and thanks for the game see you at the tables soon yours Mark 
    Posted by mabsue
    thanks, see you tonight and good luck mabs, you too seagull
  • edited February 2010

How was it for you, last night?

Err, "interesting"......
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : PFFTT lol yes you did suck out on me (twice)once being 4 flushed after i flopped top pair  lol well played the quietman  got his hand's at the right time i could do know more than i did was pleased with how i played well done and thanks for the game see you at the tables soon yours Mark 
    Posted by mabsue
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. the (Wot a Luckbox) mabsue - he's got something to answer for lol.

I was running third in the orfy deepy last night, went all in after the flop with my three 10's, got called by (Wot a luckbox) mabsue who was looking to hit a flush with two cards to come, but no! even worse than that, he binked a straight on the river more than halving my stack (Wot a luckbox)

I managed to pick myself up after the (Wot a Luckbox)disaster, to get myself onto the final table. With 5 players left I was happy to be in the money. I pushed all in with KJ for 12.5K and who pops up with a call? Yes you guessed it! - It was (Wot a Luckbox)mabsue. Well needless to say, it was the nail in my orfordable coffin, I hit my kings but (Wot a luckbox)Mabsue managed to pair his ace to take me out the tourney (Wot a luckbox).

Now.He did promise to buy me a drink at Luton if he took it down, so I live in hope that one day he will honnour his promise, that being said, he will probably get all his drinks free (Wot a luckbox)

Anyway,
     mabsue (Just Kidding) I enjoyed every minute of it last night, everyone has such a great attitude in the chat boxes and we all have a lot of fun...........Well Done Guys and Girls.

See you all Tonight
  • edited February 2010
    How was it for you, last night? Err, "interesting"......
    Posted by Tikay10

Detail, Details,   what was her name ?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : thanks, see you tonight and good luck mabs, you too seagull
    Posted by Quietman
    Do you multi-table on miniview or do you just stick to your name? Not complaining but just notice you dont chat at all, not even when I am moaning about your cards!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Detail, Details,   what was her name ?
    Posted by JockBMW
    I'm sure i've found an "accurate" reconstruction of what happened to Tikay last night lol!...... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUzZD9NA90I
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Do you multi-table on miniview or do you just stick to your name? Not complaining but just notice you dont chat at all, not even when I am moaning about your cards!!!!
    Posted by Seagull158
    I very rarely chat , but i mean no offence and i'm not ignoring anyone , i read whats in the chatbox but unless  someone is being totally obnoxious or i know someone personally then i usually dont chat , but I will say hello
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : I very rarely chat , but i mean no offence and i'm not ignoring anyone , i read whats in the chatbox but unless  someone is being totally obnoxious or i know someone personally then i usually dont chat , but I will say hello
    Posted by Quietman

Are you the 'quietman' from Tribeca/VC a few years back, by any chance?
  • edited February 2010

I met "quietman" at the Newcastle SPT - you could not wish to meet a more decent guy.

Top bloke him.
  • edited February 2010
    <<<<<<<elsa .... typing whilst SWMBO is learning to play.

I've watched QM play here and his style is remarkably similar to the other QM from way back when.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : I very rarely chat , but i mean no offence and i'm not ignoring anyone , i read whats in the chatbox but unless  someone is being totally obnoxious or i know someone personally then i usually dont chat , but I will say hello
    Posted by Quietman
    Thats fine, thanks. Hope you have another good game tonight. I have also noticed that you invariably finish high up in the deepies.
  • edited February 2010
    I met "quietman" at the Newcastle SPT - you could not wish to meet a more decent guy. Top bloke him.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks Tikay
  • edited March 2010
    With just a little help from Alan ..........................

Orfordable Deepstack

1.  _Woof_ - £45.90 + 15 League Points2.  Barlicker - £30.60 + 12 League Points3.  zxghostxz - £21.42 + 10 League Points4.  cheryl2222 - £15.30 + 8 League Points5.  torryboy - £12.24 + 6 League Points6.  JONONZIE - £10.71 + 4 League Points7.  teachai - £9.18 + 3 League Points8.  martoni0 - £7.65 + 2 League Points

......... and I somehow managed a cash of £64 in the Primo too.

Alan played elsewhere and plopped in both. :o)
  • edited March 2010

Oh my word, well done Mrs Woof! I was following you in last night's Primo, during the Show, & great to see you "double-cash" on the same evening. Especially as Elsa busto'd!
  • edited March 2010
    Oh my word, well done Mrs Woof! I was following you in last night's Primo, during the Show, & great to see you "double-cash" on the same evening. Especially as Elsa busto'd!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Pfffttt!