You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    Well an awfull start with an awsome finish, and i can't really take all the credit as in some situations i ran like a god lol (There were 1 or 2 all ins where i got done by 2 outers just to even it up though) Very Yo Yo night at the begining - Won a few buy ins - Lost a few Buy ins - Won a few buy ins - Lost etc etc Then i hit a vain of form, cards and flops on cash to run up a nice profit and had the pleasure of playing Dantb on his TP challange in the £500 Gtd Velocity which i took 2nd place in for £90 Started the day on £290 - Finished the day on £452.44 add the £66 i've cashed out that puts my TKO spin up to a grand total of £518.44, Not Bad From A Freeroll !!!
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Not bad? NOT BAD?

Keep it going!
  • edited March 2010

Just finished another late night B/H........£2.30 again and I cashed again in 2nd outta 79 for £17.50 ish. I am enjoying these tourneys :) my last two hands were quite sick when i had a massive chip lead but unlike a few months ago I aint going to go into detail because its just poker and I am enjoying the variance for a change :)
  • edited March 2010
    Actually I thought James treated you quite badly. He clearly doesn't understand his audience. We want to hear about roadworks, listed buildings, radiators, moles, gooses, meeces, all things beige and steam transport - not, I repeat NOT, poker.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I agree Nosey, I would actually go so far to say that James was quite rude and dismissive! I don't normally watch the Sunday night show but as I was channel surfing I saw our lovely Tikay presenting and thought eye up, Teek's on - I'll watch this, it'll be fun...WRONG!!! Instead I got grumpy & mean James...

Tikay I LOVE your banter...Big Booo's to JH, let the old fella talk eh?

x
  • edited March 2010
    I'll catch up eventually..... Monday Night. Decided to take the night off, been a few testing days on the Forum, & three Live Shows in two nights, so toodled up to Luton for their Monday evening £30 + £20 + £10 jobbie, (max 1 rebuy, 1 add-on), with 3 x 3,500 chips, which played out quite well. Managed to get three handed at 4am in the morning, & we were all quite tired by then, so we chopped it up & divvied £1,500 up between the 3 of us, so my Live form in 2010 continues to be good. I made the Final with 3xBB, & had been running on fumes from 2 Tables out, so quite pleased with my short stack grind-age. A guy there by he name of Tom Myland never fails to amuse. After Mr Tight as a Ducks you know what shoved, & Mr Even Tighter than Mr Tight re-shoved, Mr Myland snap-called with A-Q. BOTH his opponents had K-K. Ship the bink, & both the K-K guys departed, with Mr M making the Final with a monsta stack. He then snap-called with A-K against Aces, snap-called all-in with A-Q against aces again. And then he got aces himself, which he limped in with on my BB. I had Ac-7c, & had the total nuts on the Turn, which coincided with the moment Mr M decided to start betting his Aces. Happy days. I v-bet him on the end, & he slowly called, saying "I have a surprise for you, you need bigger than these to win". He eventually turned over his 1 pair, & looked disbelievingly at my nut flush. What comes round goes round. A very enjoyable & satisfactory evening, but it was 5am before I got to bed. And 1pm before I awoke, whoops.
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol at you being slow rolled by the losing hand... most embarassing thing ever for Mr M, what a mug!
  • edited March 2010

Another night, Another Profit :) though only the poker gods know how this time - Played Cash like a donkey and dropped so many buy ins it was just not funny - managed to pull myself together in the last 2 hours play to turn a profit

did play well in the MTT i played last night though so happy with that  - Entered a £200 or £300 GTD MTT and got another final table - Took 5th for just short of £19

Figures now stand at £506.10 plus the original £66 cash off - total £572.10

Sorry for anyone getting bored of my balance posts but oddly doing this each morning is helping me review and focus my mind for the next session, kind of cathartic i suppose you'd call it

• edited March 2010
    Another night, Another Profit :) though only the poker gods know how this time - Played Cash like a donkey and dropped so many buy ins it was just not funny - managed to pull myself together in the last 2 hours play to turn a profit did play well in the MTT i played last night though so happy with that  - Entered a £200 or £300 GTD MTT and got another final table - Took 5th for just short of £19 Figures now stand at £506.10 plus the original £66 cash off - total £572.10 Sorry for anyone getting bored of my balance posts but oddly doing this each morning is helping me review and focus my mind for the next session, kind of cathartic i suppose you'd call it
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    I have enjoyed reading your balance posts.
    Nice to see somebody running well and not complaining.
    Well done, keep it up!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : I have enjoyed reading your balance posts. Nice to see somebody running well and not complaining. Well done, keep it up!
    Posted by MADMOO
    Cheers Madmoo
  • edited March 2010
    Only played 2 tonight but managed a cash .....in the 7pm deepy. 1, trap3 - £68 + 30 League Points2. elsadog - £42.50 + 26 League Points3. SoLack - £25.50 + 18 League Points4. Ratboy71 - £18.70 + 12 League Points5. miffler02 - £15.30 + 6 League Points

This week it's been, a 1st, a 2nd and a shared 1st with woofy, in the Orfordable. (she said I could claim half of it). Clawed the chips back in the H2H only to go out with KJs vs A2os ..... arrrggghhhhh!

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : lol at you being slow rolled by the losing hand... most embarassing thing ever for Mr M, what a mug!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Never s truer word, though only in the name sense. Bizarrely, spookily, he's a regular on my "other" place, & his alias? China MUG!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : I agree Nosey, I would actually go so far to say that James was quite rude and dismissive! I don't normally watch the Sunday night show but as I was channel surfing I saw our lovely Tikay presenting and thought eye up, Teek's on - I'll watch this, it'll be fun...WRONG!!! Instead I got grumpy & mean James... Tikay I LOVE your banter...Big Booo's to JH, let the old fella talk eh? x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Lol, thank you TRIP5.

To be fair, my inane ramblings are not everyone's cup of tea. In fact, Orford does not think they are anyone's cup of tea......he says I'm an "acquired taste".
  • edited March 2010
    much better night although as ever cash holdem mainly swings on capatilising when your running well, flopping full houses after 3 betting pre with 64 diamonds twice against oppo holding kings and then queens always helps
  • edited March 2010
    I is a happy bunny today. Finished up my session last night and took the majority of my spin up money off as the end of the week has arrived. The only session i've made a loss in since i started this came last night but i'm not down about it. Got done in some situations i was dominating or nicley infront, AK v's A10 - AK v's 10 7 etc but i've ran good through all this so the luck has to swing the other way sometimes (and i've had my fair share beleive me lol)

I've left myself enough to keep playing but now comes the time to enjoy the fruits of ones labours lol

I lost about £20 in cash games last night which is fine but i was more bothered about my MTT's, only really got going in one and as i start to feel comfy with my game and i get slammed onto a table with TP_Sparce  & Angie FANTASTIC lol !!! From a good position i end up losing one race against short stack shover with my PP and then spacre after sitting tight shoves on me for half my stack - I know he has a high ace or PP as he's sat so tight on the table but i'm holding queens in the SB and i'm happy to take it on. The cards turn, i'm right he has AK and then hits his king on a later street. My Stack now smashed from 2 races i exit shortly after. Going to concentrate on some more MTTs tonight and try and get my grove back.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi all after introducing myself last week i said i wasn't sure about the site but would give it a go after deserting Pkerstars. Welll i won 2 sats 1 the 12kBH the other 1500BH i turned them into 7th in the 12k damn FT bubble and 5th in the 1500bh cashing for around £350 not bad but not good enough in my eyes so watch this space for more results from me lol. Can i also say that it was a dissapointing indifferent commentry on me taking part in my 1st 12kbh by fitzy and giddens im on the bubble with the lowest stack needing to get my chips in for a FT place and they had me out and dismissed my plays before it was even my turn thanks alot you 2 my 5 mins of fame turned into mocking my expoacher name which i knew would be a pun about bldy eggs. A Poacher is a soldier from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment i was in for 16yrs from the streets of Iraq and Afghanistan to Bosnia and more. So i'm not an ex chef i'm an ex POACHER. FFFFooooooorrrrrrrr when i was bound apprentice in famous Lincolnshire, i served my master truely for nearly 16yr, for we can wrestle and fight my boys jump over anywhere, Ohhhhhhhhhh its my delight on a shiny night in the seasons of the year, ooooohhhhhhhhhhh its my delight on a shiny night in the seasons of the year!!!!.  Hey tkay if im getting my stack in for a place on the FT and going for the win after getting dealt carp for hand after hand is it a mistake to get it in for a +EV stack with only 7 left I DONT THINKSO because then i have 115k and EV. giddens and fitzgerald missed this obvious play (experts) ppfffff they only focus was are we going to get to the FT before midnight pull them up for this TK plz because i think its vital bubble play. Cheers lads enjoy your luck forget the bad!
  • edited March 2010
    Played the Orfordable and the Open tonight.

Plopped in the Orford but cashed in the Open. Not big but a proft is a profit. Went card dead for quite a time then out in 42nd place.
  • edited March 2010
    played the open went out early played the 1k bh FT but finished 6th more profit is right. good luck guys and gals
  • edited March 2010
    Ha haa won tonights 1k bh an last nights £50 gtd speed. At long last after 3 weeks of gettin my money in good then losin on River. Confidence rstored (for a short while anyway )   ;)
  • edited March 2010

YES YES YES YES............
    MAXALLY1200001£72 + 15 League Points
    MASSIE2902£48 + 12 League Points
    pricy03£33.60 + 10 League Poin
    Only a £4 BI MTT (60 runners) but I must of learned something at Luton!!!!!!!!

(so much for my early night.....lol )
  • edited March 2010
    Double plops on sky but 2 results elsewhere for a nice profit.

In second game I had 82k and get TT. CL has 130k and puts in a min raise to 6k. I raise it by 20k and he calls. Flop is 459 and he bets out, I raise him and he puts me allin. Was totally pot committed now so I called. He had 45 and hit 2 pair and I'm out. It was only a $160,000 tournament ........ sob sob sob.
  • edited March 2010
    Finished 5th in the Ofordable d/stack

1      carlybun12 - £51.30 + 15 League Points2      basherboy - £34.20 + 12 League Points3      kennybad - £23.94 + 10 League Points4      DOUBLESNO7 - £17.10 + 8 League Points5      BowieBoy - £13.68 + 6 League Points6      DTWBANDIT - £11.97 + 4 League Points7      thesarge4 - £10.26 + 3 League Points8      MK1979 - £8.55 + 2 League
  • edited March 2010
    YES YES YES YES............ MAXALLY 120000 1 £72 + 15 League Points MASSIE29 0 2 £48 + 12 League Points pricy 0 3 £33.60 + 10 League Poin Only a £4 BI MTT (60 runners) but I must of learned something at Luton!!!!!!!! (so much for my early night.....lol )
    Posted by MAXALLY
    That's not bad Alan, but prepare to be astounded, I have found my level on Sky Poker...
    northstar1211£10.50 + 10 League Points
    Punna02£6.30 + 8 League Points
    Machka03£4.20 + 6 League Points
    Was it a Deep Stack?  Double Stack?  Bounty Hunter?  Speed?  Velocity?

errr, no, £1.10 chip and a chair, lol.
  • edited March 2010
    Haven't done one of these for a while now!!

Had a very enjoyable weekend in Luton, I love playing Live and it was great to play in such a great card room, very well organised at Luton. Friday night I entered the £75 Freezeout, 99 runners and made the Final Table along with 3 other sky players - Gibb, sharksbite and glitterbabe. I managed to cash in 8th for £220, unfortunatley as everyone was talking of a split play continued because nothing was agreed, I look down and see 99, and decide to push my stack in the middle to only be called by JJ, after Im out a deal is made - ah well, was happy with the money and would hae taken that at the beginning of the evening. Thought I played well and got away from A10 early on against Ben aka nutterwhen the board read AQA K - only lost 500 chips in total, decided to fold and put Ben on QQ KK, thankfully he showed his QQ and that boosted my confidence!!
    It was a late night and didn't get to bed until 6am and was out of the hotel at 10am - not feeling great and having to play the Sky ME at 2pm - didn't go into this feeling great but played well early on, made a call for litreally my tournament life within the first 10 minutes when i had 7h 8h and board reading 858 9 10, made the right call thankfully and guy showed K5 - phew!! Got a few hands through without showing and was coasting well - that is until I moved tables and litreally couldn't make a hand - every play I made was counter acted by  stacks who would push all in and my chips dwindlled - made a couple of wrong decisions in the end especially when I should have called a raise from SB to put me all in when I had 10 4 in the BB - would call that raise every day of the week with any two cards normally but I passed and I knew I wasn't in tune with the tournament after that and decided to get my moneyth 10 9 in the end against QQ, gg. Played some SNG's and loved it - met some really nice people through the event and also learned that Greghogg is a massive luckbox - he hit everything lol!! Managed to turn my Jh 5h into a flush against phil12uk's QQ - therefore I could go to bed happy :) Had a really great weekend but my body clock is all over the place now - but back online to play again tommorrow :)
  • edited March 2010
    Shattered,just finished playing £60 gtd (01. 45 start time) managed to win it.
    Also won £100 gtd earlier
    Also managed 29th in primo tonight (£104)
    Happy days/night.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok, last time i posted a balance for my TKO spin up it was £572.10 - Then in my last post i mentioned dropping £20 just before cashing out some of the balance to cover my daughters birthday. So before cash out my balance stood at £550.

Well all did not end there, i did indeed cash some off but left myself enough to play. I had an odd ball weekend really. I got a 13th in the Open, i got 4th in a £500 velocity, Qualified For Primo Through A Sat so all good MTT Results - Played some cash, Won Some, Lost Some, Balanced out really

Primo was a nightmare - Getting some nice cards, making some raises, hitting boards, Boards turning flushy and staighty, having to lay down to re-raises etc. Took a stand about the 4th time this happened, I raise with Queens - Board Flops something like 4 7 10 Diamonds, i bet get raised shove with my queens to force out the flush draw or give the wrong odds and low and behold he's holding j 9 of diamonds for the flopped flush with draw to straight flush - GREAT lol

Finished the weekend with a profit so the new total goes from £550 at last post to £640
  • edited March 2010
    I spent the evening railing Supernova in the Primo and got disconnected during the final table!
    I woke up this morning to discover that she had won it.
    Although I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to witness her hour of triumph, I can definitely say that it's given me more pleasure than any tournament that I have won myself.

• edited March 2010
    severe hangover and early night after our exploits at luton. What a weekend!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : That's not bad Alan, but prepare to be astounded, I have found my level on Sky Poker... northstar1 21 1 £10.50 + 10 League Points Punna 0 2 £6.30 + 8 League Points Machka 0 3 £4.20 + 6 League Points Was it a Deep Stack?  Double Stack?  Bounty Hunter?  Speed?  Velocity? errr, no, £1.10 chip and a chair, lol.
    Posted by Machka
    LOL....Nice one Aaron. I bet you had to grind that one out for hours!!     :)
  • edited March 2010
    Played the primo last night cashed for 60 something but wanted to change gears but couldnt with 7-2 j-2 hands with others raising before i could make my moves with a ev- stack of 9 bbs not to worry maybe the cards and table position will work out next time not bad though coming in the top 10% of a trny 75% of the entries made so i,m happy and noticed a hole that can be adjusted. Good luck guys and gals!
  • edited March 2010

pretty good day sunday started with a return to deepstack & won it then cashed in 1min roullette came 2nd in Omaha DYM then cashed in £120 speed and to round the day off came 6th & cashed in offordable  dtw
  • edited March 2010

Friday

Huge fun at Luton, in the £75 Freezeout, which had many of the Sky Poker players taking part. Made loads of new friends, peeps I only "knew" Online, & had a ball. Shared a Table with The Gibb, who is a top geezer.

Earlier, in Days Hotel, hooked up with a bunch of guys in the Days Inn Lounge - lJAMESl, Cottlad, Brownndog, Dylan12 etc, & we Railed the TP SNG. Once the SNG was finished, Ben, Dan, Naomi & sparce joined us, & we wandered across to the G.

A really enjoyable evening, I was utterly card-dead, but that did not detract from the fun. I think I exited about 40th or so.

I almost exited first hand. It was Raised up UTG - the very first hand of the Comp, so I had no take on the Raiser. I re-popped it hard to 550 with 10-10, & he flatted my Raise. Uh-oh, monsta?

It came 8 high, all diamonds, & he checked to me. My Tens were both black, but I bet out, & he re-raised BIG. Easy fold, but a bit surprised to see his hand - J-9 - of Diamonds! My quizzical look prompted him to say he only Called my re-Raise Pre because he wanted to bust me. Fair enuff......
  • edited March 2010
    Friday. Huge fun at Luton, in the £75 Freezeout, which had many of the Sky Poker players taking part. Made loads of new friends, peeps I only "knew" Online, & had a ball. Shared a Table with The Gibb, who is a top geezer. Earlier, in Days Hotel, hooked up with a bunch of guys in the Days Inn Lounge - lJAMESl, Cottlad, Brownndog, Dylan12 etc, & we Railed the TP SNG. Once the SNG was finished, Ben, Dan, Naomi & sparce joined us, & we wandered across to the G. A really enjoyable evening, I was utterly card-dead, but that did not detract from the fun. I think I exited about 40th or so. I almost exited first hand. It was Raised up UTG - the very first hand of the Comp, so I had no take on the Raiser. I re-popped it hard to 550 with 10-10, & he flatted my Raise. Uh-oh, monsta? It came 8 high, all diamonds, & he checked to me. My Tens were both black, but I bet out, & he re-raised BIG. Easy fold, but a bit surprised to see his hand - J-9 - of Diamonds! My quizzical look prompted him to say he only Called my re-Raise Pre because he wanted to bust me. Fair enuff......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Exact same hand busted me out in the first level of the primo, I unlike you didn't fold my PP on the all diamond flop and the guy that called my pre-flop raise held the J 9 .... I was sick but it was the previous hands that had got to me. I got some good cards and raised, hit the flops hard, the turns then sent the boards crazy with draws and i had to lay down. This happend 3 or 4 times before i decided my queens were taking a stand and i re-popped all in......GG & Good Night lol