You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Pfffttt!
    Posted by elsadog

Don't worry mate, it's just variance.
    It's only when she beats you 10 weeks on the trot that you should start worrying.
    I'm available to provide counselling around the middle of May, OK?    :-)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Don't worry mate, it's just variance. It's only when she beats you 10 weeks on the trot that you should start worrying. I'm available to provide counselling around the middle of May, OK?    :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    Book me in!

She now has an ROI of 222% and is thinking of going professional.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Pfffttt!
    Posted by elsadog
    Only one thing worse than being owned. Being owned by the wife.

Life must be hell!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Book me in! She now has an ROI of 222% and is thinking of going professional.
    Posted by elsadog
    Just sit back and prepare for a life of luxury. Congratulations.
  • edited March 2010
    With just a little help from Alan ..........................            Orfordable Deepstack 1.  _Woof_ - £45.90 + 15 League Points 2.  Barlicker - £30.60 + 12 League Points 3.  zxghostxz - £21.42 + 10 League Points 4.  cheryl2222 - £15.30 + 8 League Points 5.  torryboy - £12.24 + 6 League Points 6.  JONONZIE - £10.71 + 4 League Points 7.  teachai - £9.18 + 3 League Points 8.  martoni0 - £7.65 + 2 League Points ......... and I somehow managed a cash of £64 in the Primo too. Alan played elsewhere and plopped in both. :o)
    Posted by _Woof_
    Very well done Alan,s better half, and a very warm welcome to sky poker :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Only one thing worse than being owned. Being owned by the wife. Life must be hell!
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would like it to be public knowledge that I was relegated to playing on the old laptop and having to contend not only with small screen lag, but also the constant cries of ''Oh look! both my cards have pictures on them, what should I do?''

Life isn't easy when your multi-tasking.

ps. SWMUBO is out Barry but I'll pass on your congrats ............. one day!
  • edited March 2010

I feel like this thread is my confessional - A place to air your wins and losses.

Forgive me father for i have sinned, it's been 3 pages since my last confession.....

For any that read my last entry i was spinning up My TKO cash at the time and had taken that from £25 to £150 at last post. Well Life & Wifes being what they are i had to take £100 of that off to cover something unexpected then went about having fun on the last £50. As it turned out the Wife didn't need the Whole £100 and i was able to reclaim £34 whole pounds of it to continue on with and see how far i can make the £25 TKO money go. So i restart with the £34 on Friday and i've spent a weekend playing a variety of cash levels all well outside of my bankroll lol -

Friday took the £34 to £73 playing 5p - 10p cash making me a happy little man. Saturday also went well with £73 becoming £97 within the first hour, an up and down evening after that but culminating in a finish of £171 from 5p - 10p and 10p - 20p tables and a beaming smile from me. Sunday i start with my £171 and first order of my day is to get into the primo, i play the first direct sat of the day and get myself into PRIMO for the evening (where i crash out after a mistimed move in 150 something place i think) and then kill the laptop to watch the footie and spend the day with the kids. I load back on for the primo and play while also having a 15p - 30p cash table up, out of the primo i then flit between 10p - 20p, 15p - 30p, using decent table selection to counteract my woefull lack of roll lol -........ Well Suday turned out to be a great day, My Team Won The Carling Cup (ROOOOOOOONEY lol), and i close out late last night at a figure of £253 !!!

So the weekend is over and tongiht i will try to sat to the Main Event and stick to 5p 10p & 10p 20p tables as my roll is ok for these (the buy in is the same between the 2 anyway), i'll try and restrain myself from jumping to 15 - 30 or 20 - 40 for quick spin ups and play a little more within my means for the balance of my account lol

In sumary - £25 TKO Money... £100 Off But £34 Back On (£66 into my bank for those not bothering with the maths lol) and a roll now at £253. £25 TKO Money into £319........... I wonder how far it can go????) :)

• edited March 2010

Nice spin-uppage AcesOver!

I really enjoy this thread.
  • edited March 2010
    I won the £200 gtd last night and I think I've used up about a months worth of luck in one tourney. So to everyone that was  on my table........................
    Sorry for all the suck-outs..
  • edited March 2010
    I won the £200 gtd last night and I think I've used up about a months worth of luck in one tourney. So to everyone that was  on my table........................ Sorry for all the suck-outs..
    Posted by Quietman
    Well done QM ........... kind of makes up for the QQ vs AA suckout you suffered in the Orfordable :o)
  • edited March 2010
    Was going to enter the orfordable on saturday,but fell asleep watching The Arsenal eventually beat Stoke.So instead entered the £250 gt £2 scary a bit later and managed to outstay 184 players for 1st place of £99.66 woohoo me gg. And proof that early evening naps can't be a bad thing!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to How was it for you, last night?:
    Thought it might be fun to have a Thread where we can chew the cud about last night on the Tables. But spare us the Bad-Beat tales, please! Here's a starter. In last night's 8pm main Event (Double Stack), I'm right up with the Leaders, & have 37,000 at 1k-2k. How? I got luckly, when I tried a squeeze with K-J & ran into A-Q - not as bad as it looks really - & hit running Kings to 2xup. I had quite a Rail, most of whom were mock anti-railing , so that bought jeers of derision wholesale! So, there I am with 37k, in the BB, & it's walked to the SB, who has 1k invested, & 6k behind. (Blinds 1k-2k). He shoves, which I had 100% anticipated - what hand would he NOT shove with here was my thought-train, & I'd pre-determined that when he did, I'd call pretty much ATC. My hand was 6d-7d, & I reckon I'll be unlucky if I'm worse than 60-40. In fact, he had A-4 off. (I just ran this through an Odds Calculator - amazingly we are just about flipping - it's about 48%-52%). Anyway, he flopped the nut straight, & got his 2xup. No complaints. "Nice flop Sir!" I type in the chat box, to which he replies, "nice Call, lol, you ****". Marv. Does anyone fold in my spot here?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Last night was great as i was one of the home players. Still my knock out hand is going round and round my mind but as the fella once said "move on". Great to hear your overwhelming knowledge of the "spike" in Dublin Tikay so hopefully one day SKY can hold an SPT in Dubliin and you can show some of the regulars around it ! On a more serious note what is the chances of an SPT being staged here in Ireland. It would be great to see all our regulars over here and also you would get the opportunity to meet people the same size as you "LEPROCHAUNS". sORRY COULDN'T RESIST MATE
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Well done QM ........... kind of makes up for the QQ vs AA suckout you suffered in the Orfordable :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    oh yes,.... I'd forgotten about that  ;)
  • edited March 2010
    A profitable night for me. Played 3 mtts on Sky - nothing spectacular but rather satisfying .................

Blobbed in one.

7pm Deepstack  - 1st for £26 and some change. (poor turnout again)

£1,500 B/H        - 4th for £86 and some change.

£112 minus tax for a very enjoyable nights poker.
  • edited March 2010
    tk tell me one thing,,can ppl see my forum posts?
  • edited March 2010
    this is so sad ,how sky r losing there players?they have there own forum and all?only 1 night a week tv mtt,bann your chat for no gd reason,ppl comenting on £50 grtds lol on forum,omaha a failure,starting £500 now £50, they brought to many omaha mtts at once,should have been 1 or 2 big grtds omaha,sky has gone to the dogs sorry to say its a shame,all started when i got my chat banned for life? did i not warn u sky? i know ppl who work for poker forums and mags,amazing what 1 person can do when treated unfair
  • edited March 2010

A good night or not????? it's hard for me to decide to be honest

Played the main Event Satalite, Crashed out in spectacular form during the first level, Played the 220 runner £1000 GTD..... Came 19th for £10.70 when i was called for my shove. I had 10 10, he had K Q and that queen turned up on the turn GG im out but at least i'd managed to get into the money (paid from 30th i think)

Played a mix of cash again and went pretty good as things go, if it were not for a mini blow up at the end of my session i would have been posting results about £30 - £35 better than now but thems the breaks

so TKO money tally now stands at £290.89 balance + the £66 i've taken off the site so a £356.89 running total

So im up just short of £40 from yesterday but could have been better, i'm just glad i had the good sense to turn the laptop off once i started imploading and not go chasing the money (something i am normally prone to do)

It's quite liberating to play at the moment, This is the one time i can honestly say i have been able to detach myself completly from the money and just play. The fact that my starting point came Free Of Charge from a TKO and that i have already cashed out more than i won in that TKO means that the rest is gravy lol

I don't know how long i'm going to keep spinning this money, but i have to say it has been fun. It's poker on the edge when your operating with little funds and taking bigger calculated risks, not something i'd advise to anyone trying to last in the longrun but i'm having a whale of a time. I've decided there will be a withdrawl coming but i think i'm going to play out the rest of the week and see what i can end the final balance on (unless i start to hit a major downswing) - It would be a shame to do all this work and then not enjoy some of the money lol

• edited March 2010

Think I'm a bit behind here......

Saturday Night.

Did the two Shows. Mastercash was only an hour, which was a shame, but I love that Show, it's huge fun, with plenty of banter & knockabout stuff.

It will return soon (though not the next 2 weeks AFAIK) to 2 or even 3 hours I believe. But I may have done my last MasterCash for a while, Rich too, as our Shift Rotation changes after Saturday 20th, & we are not rostered for any more Saturdays for a goodly while.

After that, we did the 2 hour Total Player. Technically, that's quite an "edgy" Show, lining up 'phone calls from Mentors & TP-ers, it's more difficult than it may seem, & I get a real adrenelin rush from doing it Live, in fact, I can't sleep after it, as I need to "calm down". Adrenelin is an amazing thing, better than any "recreational drugs" I imagine. It dulls pain, enhances senses & awareness, it's a really "buzzy" thing.

The Show has to - HAS TO - finish at a very precise pre-scheduled time - 10.59 & 25 seconds or whatever - & Rich "wraps" the Show with his spiely stuff. They time before the Show roughly how long that will take - usually, 20 or 30 seconds, so that has to be built into timings. 

The Show was 2 hours, & Posh-Ling is in our earpice all Show, "speed up", "slow down", "you have got the pace just right" or whatever.

At 10.35, it was Decision Time, so we started taking the phone-Calls from the Mentors. We talk "Live" on air, with the sound coming through studio speakers, & Ling taking to us down the earpieces whilst we talk to the phoner via the Cameras.

Midway through Matt's piece, Ling comes on, "FILL, FILL, David's phone is not responding!!!". whoops. There are x minutes left to the end now, gulp. If there is anything Rich & I can do, it's "fill", "waffle", so fill & waffle we did. Then suddenly, Ling again, "we've got David, wrap Matt, WRAP NOW, quick quick quick QUICK!". 

We then get David, but time is short now, "WRAP IT, QUICK" sorta thing, but David can't hear that, he's at home or wherever. So David keeps talking, & Rich has to try & "wrap" him...... Great fun, I loved it.

So we came off the Show, spot on time - obligitary - with a big sigh of relief, it had gone OK, even good, dare I say it. 

Off with the Make-Up, change into civvies, & I decided to quickly pop onto the Forum to see what was going off, any TP reaction, etc. Which was a mistake, ugh......It was 2am before I logged off, thoroughly down about stuff. At least it solved the adrenelin high. ;) 
  • edited March 2010

Sunday.

Planned to have a quiet day, then do PTP in the evening, but it all went Pete Tong. Spent a while on the Forum, updating the TP stuff, then got a call asking if I could do the Live Show that night. Unlucky Mark Banin - he was unwell, get well soon fella - but happy days for me, Live Shows I love.

It was my first Live Show with James Hartigan, & I looked forward to it immensely. It, & he, did not disappoint, he's a bit special, & we zoned into each others frequency very quickly.

He was a bit hesitant when I was doing the Analyst stuff, as he used to do that, & did not want to invade my space, but I wanted him to, & I enjoyed throwing hand views back to him to get his take. I'm not used to working with a Presenter who understands poker, see?......

James & I had worked together before though - in Vegas last year, where he was the Pro-Interviewer Blokey Bloke, very good he was too.

We formed a good bond out there, though both of us were physically wrecked when it was time to leave Vegas, in fact I think he left 2 days before me, as he had some committments elsewhere. The working day out there, managed & driven by Mother Hen, was meet up for brekkie at 8am, work through non-stop until 2am - with food taken "on-the-hoof", no breaks - then back to the Hotel Room to write the Blogs, file reports, & do our own "non-Vegas" work on the internet, usually about 2 hours work, so a 20 hour day. It was exhausting, but so much fun, & I'd do it again in a heartbeat if invited, & that sort of thing does form a bond between team-Members. We did that in Vegas for about 11 days straight, no days off, & it was awesome. I saw the Vegas gig described on Sunday on this Forum as a "staff jolly". If we ever get the gig again, we promise to work harder. Honest injun.  
  • edited March 2010
    Actually I thought James treated you quite badly. He clearly doesn't understand his audience. We want to hear about roadworks, listed buildings, radiators, moles, gooses, meeces, all things beige and steam transport - not, I repeat NOT, poker.

• edited March 2010
    Actually I thought James treated you quite badly. He clearly doesn't understand his audience. We want to hear about roadworks, listed buildings, radiators, moles, gooses, meeces, all things beige and steam transport - not, I repeat NOT, poker.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Exactly.

I love you.
  • edited March 2010
    More blurring please.
  • edited March 2010
    More blurring please.
    Posted by Machka
    You whooshed me, "blurring" is.....?
  • edited March 2010

Ok, not in the same league as them TP ers accounts of their nights exploits but i will post my nights work here anyway.

After a slight accident with my BR last month, i have been grinding away on the low stacks MTT and SNG for a few weeks now to build enough up to treat myself to some of the bigger MTT's.
    Earlier in the night I had 3 x 1st places on the bounce!!! (ok, they were only a £2.25 B/H, 55p scary and a 60p B/H but I sensed I was running hot.)
    So I entered the 10pm Velocity and the 10.05pm £2.30 B/H. Not only was I risking losing my winnings, i was also going to try my hand out at this multi tabling thingy...
    Anyway, i did have a lot of fun playing this new way  and finished 30th/221 in the Velocity cashing for £8.29 
                                                                             and finished   9th/88 in the B/H cashing for £7.46

It will not break any records but I am actually enjoying my poker again!! Onwards and upwards I hope.

• edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    Ok, not in the same league as them TP ers accounts of their nights exploits but i will post my nights work here anyway. After a slight accident with my BR last month, i have been grinding away on the low stacks MTT and SNG for a few weeks now to build enough up to treat myself to some of the bigger MTT's. Earlier in the night I had 3 x 1st places on the bounce!!! (ok, they were only a £2.25 B/H, 55p scary and a 60p B/H but I sensed I was running hot.) So I entered the 10pm Velocity and the 10.05pm £2.30 B/H. Not only was I risking losing my winnings, i was also going to try my hand out at this multi tabling thingy... Anyway, i did have a lot of fun playing this new way  and finished 30th/221 in the Velocity cashing for £8.29                                                                           and finished   9th/88 in the B/H cashing for £7.46 It will not break any records but I am actually enjoying my poker again!! Onwards and upwards I hope.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Well done Max. Enjoying poker is the whole idea.
  • edited March 2010
    5 played ......3 blobs ......2 minor cashes = melancholy

Mrs Woof just might have done better ........ I'd better move over I think. I might take up knitting.
  • edited March 2010
    Didnt play much last night, just a couple of DYM, SNG,s, but won them both :)
  • edited March 2010
    Well an awfull start with an awsome finish, and i can't really take all the credit as in some situations i ran like a god lol (There were 1 or 2 all ins where i got done by 2 outers just to even it up though)

Very Yo Yo night at the begining - Won a few buy ins - Lost a few Buy ins - Won a few buy ins - Lost etc etc

Then i hit a vain of form, cards and flops on cash to run up a nice profit and had the pleasure of playing Dantb on his TP challange in the £500 Gtd Velocity which i took 2nd place in for £90

Started the day on £290 - Finished the day on £452.44 add the £66 i've cashed out that puts my TKO spin up to a grand total of £518.44, Not Bad From A Freeroll !!!
  • edited March 2010

I'll catch up eventually.....

Monday Night.

Decided to take the night off, been a few testing days on the Forum, & three Live Shows in two nights, so toodled up to Luton for their Monday evening £30 + £20 + £10 jobbie, (max 1 rebuy, 1 add-on), with 3 x 3,500 chips, which played out quite well. Managed to get three handed at 4am in the morning, & we were all quite tired by then, so we chopped it up & divvied £1,500 up between the 3 of us, so my Live form in 2010 continues to be good. I made the Final with 3xBB, & had been running on fumes from 2 Tables out, so quite pleased with my short stack grind-age.

A guy there by he name of Tom Myland never fails to amuse. After Mr Tight as a Ducks you know what shoved, & Mr Even Tighter than Mr Tight re-shoved, Mr Myland snap-called with A-Q. BOTH his opponents had K-K. Ship the bink, & both the K-K guys departed, with Mr M making the Final with a monsta stack.

He then snap-called with A-K against Aces, snap-called all-in with A-Q against aces again. And then he got aces himself, which he limped in with on my BB. I had Ac-7c, & had the total nuts on the Turn, which coincided with the moment Mr M decided to start betting his Aces. Happy days.

I v-bet him on the end, & he slowly called, saying "I have a surprise for you, you need bigger than these to win". He eventually turned over his 1 pair, & looked disbelievingly at my nut flush. What comes round goes round.

A very enjoyable & satisfactory evening, but it was 5am before I got to bed. And 1pm before I awoke, whoops.