You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited March 2010

Saturday

It was 4am before I got back to the Hotel from Friday night, but I managed to put a little photo-Blog up, with photos from Friday night, before going to bed.

Started work at the G at about 11am, got the Tourney started, then at about 4pm, headed off to Feltham to do the Show, a drive of about 45 minutes.

The Show was quite difficult, technically, but with Rich in the driver's seat, we got through OK, then drive back to Luton.

Spent some time straight away with Sharky & GB, they were understandably disappointed, but not bitter, not at all. Those TP-ers are a great bunch the way they support each other.

The Tourney had ended by then, but we played a few Tighty SNG's & stuff, & just chilled.

"The boys" - Dan, Benn, Sparcey, Lewis etc were all having a fun SNG too, prop bets galore, & made so much noise the Management complained. But it was fun noise, laughing & whooping, they were just enjoying themselves, nothing wrong with that.

Great never-to-be-forgotten memories.
  • edited March 2010

Sunday

Was a bit tired, so had an easy day before starting PTP at 7pm.

The Show Producer wanted me to play some 50p-£1 & £1 £2 cash after 9pm, so they could show some cash-action, so I had no alternative, though it's not my game of choice, by a long way. I also did 2 Phone-Ins to the Live Show, which Rich & Trevor were hosting.

Ran good in Primo, after sitting pretty quietly for the first hour. Managed a very fortitious treble-up with KQ v JJ v AJ, & somehow bullet-dodged my way into a minor cash. I kept getting myself into odd "must call" spots on my BB against Shorties, & lost every one.

My A-Q ended up chopping v A-J, too, but I got another lucky 2xUp late on when I shoved for 9xBB on my Button with A-6 & got looked up, to my astonishment, by the BB who called all-in with A-5!

I was due to be on Site until Midnight, (we spend some time on the Forum now, as well as the Tables, on PTP-night), but I was not feeling at all well, & signed off at about 11pm & had an early night.

• edited March 2010

Two hands shaped my destiny when I was playing 50p-£1 Cash last night.

I don't enjoy playing with other people's money, as I do as a PTP-er, so for that reason - I hate the thought of losing their money, plus it's not exactly "on message" to felt players - I play uber-conservatively as a PTP-er. The aim - my aim - as a PTP-er, over the long-term, is neither to win, or lose, any money. I have had my PTP Account almost 2 years now, it's never needed a top-up yet, & it's pretty much what I started with, plus a bit.

So an early loss of a full pull-up last night - £100 - got me off to a bad start.

I had popped it up with A-A & got looked up, quite reasonably, by a Gent with A-K.

The flop was a dangerous looking 8-9-T, rainbow. Why dangerous? Well it brings so many draws into play, but it's these draws - hopefully missed - that get us paid off.

So I bet out, & my man re-raised me! He HAD to be on the draw, if he'd flopped the str8, he'd play it slower. He could have a set, but my gut instinct said not. So I set him in, & after some dwellage, he CALLED, drawing almost dead, more likely to get a runner-runner chop than win.

He did better though, with perfect perfect J-Q giving him Broadway, & a £200 pot. No complaints from me, no crowing fom him, all good. Until another player on the Table who had not been in the hand, started trash-talking A-K man for his "shocking play", & punctuating the chat box with "what a donk", "ha ha ha" & similar nonsense.

This sort of stuff is so puerile, what gets in to people? Every poker player worth his salt should LOVE bad calls, but some guys want their cake & eat it - they like bad calls when they lose, & get all silly when they win. Bleurgh. The banter before that had been lovely, but this was like a wet blanket, & everyone stopped chatting, fearing that Moany-Woany Man would go off on one again.

Every bad-beat is offset by suckout though, & I seriously bad-beated a guy later on.

I had A-K, he had 8-7 of diamonds, & it came K-high, 2 diamonds. I wanted to let him catch up a bit, or bet out, & he did, I just smoothed it. The Turn was scary - the A of Diamonds, but I have top two now, & bet it strongly. He set me in (he now had the made flush), & I decided he never had the flush & called pretty quickly. Wrong! - he had it. And I rivered an A, for a perfect-perfect turned & rivered House, & a £220 pot.

Ugly stuff.

I ended up, including Primo, just over £100 ahead, so it all ended OK-ish I guess.

• edited March 2010
    Last night  won £1000  gtd bh after luckily managing to get the run of the cards heads up against a true top player mr penguin7 (unlucky mate),, won £147.15  and  £71.63  in heads (8)
    Also  won  £50 gtd scary bh  for  £51  inc heads
    was 2nd earlier in £80 gtd 
    Entered 8.0pm bh tourney got kings cracked early on and out..
    Entered about 4 other tourneys tonight but no cash.
    About £200 up on the night,happy with that.
    Have had a couple of good nights after a pretty lean spell.

• edited March 2010
    Oh What A Night.........

Well last night was a complete write off. Made bad move after bad move, bad call after bad call, and even when i got it right i suffered bad beat after bad beat.

Elsa dog and i exited a tournament at the same time as he pushed his pocket 8 's short stacked, a guy that had just previously called an all in with 9 - 5 suited just calls and i come over the top with A K suited. The cards turn and the notoriously light caller is holding A 5. Flop comes down 5 K X, i am a happy bunny, Turn comes with the 5 for Mr light to trip up and send me and Elsa to the rail. Exited another tournament with 10 10 v's 2 2 and of course I see 2 as the first card out of the Deck and i is gone lol. I've never understood the 22 call for a significant portion of your stack... At what point does this call become profitable? Ah well considering the run i've been on i can't dwell on it too much.

Most of my night went like this apart from the cash games where i just willingly handed my money over. So now I'm going to impose a little break on myself and re-group

Out of the £640 High Point of my spin up challenge I have taken £520 off the site. So that is what I will declare as my finishing balance, The small amount now left in my account will allow me to play a few MTT's but short of a decent win in one of those i now declare my spin up over lol

I'm not a fan of Bad Beat Threads and i put the information above to even out the fact that i've spoken about my success on most of my posts so this is what they call balance lol

£0.15p Balance prior to the TKO - Span to a high point of £640 - £520 of the Queens Own Pounds in my Back Sky Rocket....................... This Poker Games Not So Bad Is It lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    Last night  won £1000  gtd bh after luckily managing to get the run of the cards heads up against a true top player mr penguin7 (unlucky mate),, won £147.15  and  £71.63  in heads (8) Also  won  £50 gtd scary bh  for  £51  inc heads was 2nd earlier in £80 gtd  Entered 8.0pm bh tourney got kings cracked early on and out.. Entered about 4 other tourneys tonight but no cash. About £200 up on the night,happy with that. Have had a couple of good nights after a pretty lean spell.
    Posted by FINS
    Thanks for kind words Fin, but you are wrong. You did not have run of the cards against me heads up, but outplayed me ! I was starting to get worried about all these runnerup spots, but then played the midnight 300Gtd and ended up on a great final table. Got my h/up game together and had an epic battle against Glynnebe and eventually came through. So a good night for me too.
  • edited March 2010
    Interesting day and night of poker, first of all I entered the 3pm tourney with mickjenn and managed to final table, got to HU and was looking forward to it because we were both deep in chips and there was plenty of play left - but unfortunatley the other guy was not interested in playing HU and instead his mode was to shove or fold - no problems, he paid for the tournament and can do whatever he likes, anyway came 2nd lol, the main hand was when I had A10 and he had AQ - best hand won - my exit hand was A8 and he called with K4 soooooted and took it down. No problems,, i really enjoyed it, had mickjenns table up as well because we both railing each other, wd mick on coming 7th!!

Entered the 8pm BH, now I HATE BH with a passion, but due to boredom i think I decided to play. Played really well and finally finished 15th - I was truely sick with my exit hand, I was in such a good position to final table at least if I had won that hand!! I have KK on the Button, it comes around to me - there is only the SB, BB and 1 limper to go through therefore 10K in the pot - I have 21K, easy decision - SHIP IT!! SB folds, BB folds and it gets to the limper who takes the timer right down before calling with Ks9s leaving themselves 9K behind!!!!!!! Anyway 2 spades on the flop, no spade on turn or river - GREAT - oh no, runner runner straight arghhhh!! Had to take several deep breaths before saying "nice hand" lol!! Thats poker and within 2 minutes i was fine again - had it not been so close to the FT it wouldn't have bothered me in the least and would have got over it in 5 seconds rather than 2 minutes.

Went then to play nl100 - lost a BI early doors, it was great to see the_gibb, chirpy chip and browndog there railing and playing 1 hand each lol!! Nice to catch up with cottlad after the weekend - and it was even nicer to get my BI back and also a little bit extra on top :)
  • edited March 2010

A mixed night, it as my PTP sess, & I lost about £7.

I messed up the Main Event, playing A-Q too fast, too early, failing to mprove in a standard race. It was way too early to take a race, but I sensed I could get him off pre. Wrong, my bad.

The Omaha went up & down, I lost 3 full pull-ups by making badly judged Calls, & won two full pull-ups by getting outrageously lucky both times. Meh.

We had quite a party later on the Omaha Cash Tables, when we got invaded by a Super-Railing Gang, lJAMESl, GliterBabe, Gibbo, Dohhhhhh, Brownndog, Machka etc. Pretty tough to concentrate properly with that lot pinging one-liners around, but terrific fun.

• edited March 2010
    lJAMESl, GliterBabe, Gibbo, Dohhhhhh, Brownndog, Machka etc. Pretty tough to concentrate properly with that lot pinging one-liners around, but terrific fun.

Pinging around one-liners, them, I find that very hard to beleive hehehehehe
  • edited March 2010
    A frustrating start and in a weird way a happy ending to the night.

Played in the Open - I am questioning whether to ever play this one again, always used to love this mtt but did not enjoy it at all - come on - how can someone call a raise with 72 - both my tables early on were shovefests and that I am afraid is not an enjoyable experience!! I just hope these players don't play the Double Stack!!

In my frustration I enterred the SPT semi final for Glasgow - why - i don't know!! I aint even going!! Anyway this one is a bit weird, I had Ad Kd, there is a raisee in front of me - i decide to re pop it to 680, I get a call - flop 9d 8d 3s - I shove - he calls - UGH!!!! He shows As4c???? And binks the 4 on the turn - aussie09 - you are such a luckbox lol (p.s. well done on qualifying mate)!!

Whilst all this was happening I was still in the £1000GTD, plugging along really. It was great fun when I noticed that there were only 36 players left and TP_dantp was one of them - got his table up and we got chatting and spuring each other on, great craic - on the money bubble me and dan were 21st and 22nd out of 22!! Then dan the luckbox got a double up and left me on my own as 22/22!! I was then 21/21 and finally when down to 2BB I was 20/20 - made it - I wasn't bothered about the money really - it was just the challenge I was setting myself in order to be patient and make the money!! With 2BB left there was not much help - that is until I find J9 and double up, picked some other spots and got lucky and when I had a stack I picked my spots to steal blinds - and I made some massive laydowns pre flop as well!!!!! In the end dan finished 8th and I finished 1st - I was over the moon with this result and also I was really happy for dan because like me - he had to work hard in order to cash and work with no cards really, and he used the same tactic as me - patience :) WD m8!!
  • edited March 2010
    Friday night was a case of ''after the Lord Mayors show''

I managed a final table in the Orfordable (WP DOHHHHHHHH) and I got another bubble, to add to my vast collection of bubbles, coming 51st in the 7k double stack main event.

• edited March 2010
    I dont normally do bad beat stories, but saw so many tonight !!
    I started with the league freeroll , but always struggle in this, never coping well with the number of absent players. I also lost two DYMs in a short space of time.
    After playing poorly in Primo and the 830 BH, I had a brief excursion to the 50NL tables and hit a couple of flushes to double my buyin before retreating. This encouraged me to then play the 930 BH where I took one head before going out, and also had another go at Glasgow,having bubbled twice last week. No good though !
    After a break and considering quitting for the night, entered the 1045 £22 BH, and a £33 DYM.Ran 10 10 into JJ in DYM, but ran well in BH until my QQ was outdrawn by Nutters 99. Apology accepted Ben !
    So well down for night by then, needing a good cash.
    Deciding to give it another go entered the 1130 BH, the 1145 £22 BH, and the midnight £300 gtd.
    Three tournies at once is probably one too many for me, and in all of them I struggled.... no heads and I think I was down in last place in all three for a bit.
    But things change quickly and in space of 5 mins I doubled up in all of them,and found myself approaching final table in the bigger two which both only paid top three. And just outside cash in the little one.
    Some good players in all three but I had to go for the bigger payouts and was struggling to cope with two final tables, so I made a speculative (stupid) shove in the other one, and of course went out one off the bubble.
    The BH table was the easier of the two,and I was able to boss it ending up heads up with a good stack.
    The £300 gtd was a lot tougher,made it down to the bubble, with myself,Massie, Glynnebe and Aitch all swapping chips regularly in a really enjoyable struggle.
    Unfortunately while this was happening I managed to donk away my lead in the BH which I should have won. Still a good cash, and well played Blue.
    Managed to get Massie allin three times when I had the slightly better hand but 3 times he escaped ! All four of us took  our turn at being short. When it was my go I shoved with 22 and was called by bigstack Glynns AA.
    3456 on board ... no problem ! A couple of hands later he went allin with J2 on a J52 flop and was called by AJ.
    Turn 9,river 9 ! What a sick way to bubble!
    Aitch went out in 3rd,(well played sir!) leaving me heads up with Massie. Was a good battle, I folded 99 against one of his shoves, but eventually called another with K8 suited only for him to show K10. Of course I hit the 8 !
    He took the bad beat like the gent he is,as did Glynn earlier.
    I think I deserved a bit of luck, but enjoyed my poker,finishing a huge £18.37 up on the day !

• edited March 2010
    Played the £5.5k BH tonight. ......... Going for back to back BH main events, but plopped out in 13/454. A nice little cash of £72 + change ............ a profit on the night.

The Tikay Omaha challenge was something of a minor miracle with me landing 5th place in the first heat. Unfortunately my true ability shone through in the second heat when being outfished by Bigshann in about 15th place. Not sure how the creative accountancy will work but Tikay might take it down.

Must learn take a step back (as opposed to forward) when Tikay asks for volunteers. :o)

Also had a cash elswhere in an $11 rebuy.
  • edited March 2010

Had to put this on here......this was in the £250 late nite B/H......I WON but only got ONE head so
    2nd place cashed for more than me!!!....You have just got to love this game of poker sometimes :)
    (cheers for the banter aswell TOBY, I bet you would not of put money on me to win it when on that bubble!)
    1) MAXALLY - £60 + £28.11 Head Prizes + 30 League Points2) bighook - £37.50 + £54.38 Head Prizes + 26 League Points3) sunan1984 - £22.50 + £13.13 Head Prizes + 18 League Points4) djblacke04 - £16.50 + £31.88 Head Prizes + 12 League Points5) sugu - £13.50 + £3.75 Head Prizes + 6 League Points
  • edited March 2010

finished nite on a high finally took down a BH buy-in was £2-30  dtw

DTWBANDIT3440001£46.44 + £22.33 Head Prizes + 20 League Points8
    TENOFSPADE02£27 + £13.35 Head Prizes + 16 League Points13
    Brothy12303£18.92 + £12.84 Head Prizes + 14 League Points10

• edited March 2010
    Last night I managed a triple blob......  one blob, two blob in the Tikay Omaha thingymablob ......... so, no surprises there then.

Blobbed out early doors in the Open too.

But...........  I was doing rather well 'elsewhere' in what used to be my favourite tournament of the evening. I was flying until, at about 10pm, the phone rang. One of our girls is away at a school camp this week and it was one of the teachers on the phone. Our girl had taken ill and was coming home so I had to abandon ship and drive to meet them half way. I then spent an hour sitting on Llandegla Moor waiting for them.......... they got lost!

After a nights sleep our girl is fine (it was her first time away and it all got a bit too much for her I think) and that's far more important than any tournament. I will however be stopping my estimated winnings from her pocket money ......... I think that's only fair!   :o)
  • edited March 2010
    Played tikays omaha challenge last night, came last, played sooo bad its unreal, i went in expecting to come last so that didnt help.

After that I did win my first mtt on sky tho wooohoooo only 25 runners but it was just good to get that first win out of the way.

Gareth
  • edited March 2010
    Played tikays omaha challenge last night, came last, played sooo bad its unreal, i went in expecting to come last so that didnt help. After that I did win my first mtt on sky tho wooohoooo only 25 runners but it was just good to get that first win out of the way. Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Nice one ........... the first isn't always the best but it's the one you always remember.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Nice one ........... the first isn't always the best but it's the one you always remember.
    Posted by elsadog
    That is spot on Mr woof. I do remember mine which was way back in October last year but I have managed a few since.  :)

I am told that Tikay remembers his........He was playing with 2 sharks......2 fish......2 monkeys and the dealer's name was Noah. He told me it was on one of the first cruise ships built aswell.
  • edited March 2010
         finished nite on a high finally took down a BH buy-in was £2-30  dtw     DTWBANDIT 344000 1 £46.44 + £22.33 Head Prizes + 20 League Points 8 TENOFSPADE 0 2 £27 + £13.35 Head Prizes + 16 League Points 13 Brothy123 0 3 £18.92 + £12.84 Head Prizes + 14 League Points 10    
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

decided to use some of me profit from above entered 5-75 BH came 4th am getting used to BH now dtw
  • edited March 2010
    it sucked, was in 10th position to win £750  this jerk went all in with A3 and hit the A, needless to say i went all in with my two kings. its hard to believe, one person can hit cards with looser cards, and alway win, makes you wonder, what really going on.
  • edited March 2010
    i am a new poker player, how do you deal with a person always raising every hand, never giving others a chance to see if they hit the flop, suggestions please
  • edited March 2010
    i am a new poker player, how do you deal with a person always raising every hand, never giving others a chance to see if they hit the flop, suggestions please
    Posted by notebook
    Going off the nature of your question, I would seriously suggest you get some experience on the play tables or in the poker school. Also read Harrington on Holdem books 1 and 2.

In answer to your question: There is no hard and fast rule on this and you may get a dozen variations on what to do about it, all of which will be correct. Gather some knowledge and experience before committing real money to the game. If you don't it will be a very expensive and frustrating learning curve.
  • edited March 2010

£450 Bounty Hunter

Tournament Complete

• :
    • :
    • :

This is a TV-only game

Starts At
    Started At
    Buy-In
    Running For
    Prize Pool
    Registered
    Players Left
    Chips
    Blind Limits
    Blinds
    Current
    Next
    In
    Stacks
    Largest
    Average
    Smallest
    1        DiggerMan - £73.58 + £51.68 Head Prizes + 40 League Points
    It seems like its been forever but I've finally got back to winning ways! Long may it continue!

;)
  • edited March 2010
    £450 Bounty Hunter Loading... Tournament Complete 0 1 : 2 3 : 4 5 : 6 7 This is a TV-only game Starts At Started At Buy-In Running For Prize Pool Registered Players Left Chips Blind Limits Blinds Current Next In Stacks Largest Average Smallest 1         DiggerMan - £73.58 + £51.68 Head Prizes + 40 League Points It seems like its been forever but I've finally got back to winning ways! Long may it continue!  ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Nice one Digger long may it continue.

I had a double plop on Sky in the Sleepy and the Deepy. I had another game elsewhere and cashed in 14/450'ish at 1am. The bubble took forever in this.
     And ..............
    I had a little session of cash Omaha (I thought it was a holdem table) and came out ahead ............ wow! A profitable night eventually
  • edited March 2010
    Plopped in two mtt's tonight. Struggling with them at the moment.

Made up for it with 2 nice sessions on the cash tables though.

25/50 and 50/100 paid off £630 .............  whoooo!
  • edited March 2010
    had a quick attempt at a £2.30  scary tourney and early exit so off to the cash table. 4c, 8c so sat down with £10.00.  Went bust after making  a button raise with 10 4 o. i hit two pair on the flop and my c bet was reraised and i called an all in to find myself up against 66. river card was a 6.  ouch.  reloaded and eventually left the table 3 buy-ins up.

• edited March 2010
    Plopped out of Orfordable and the Primo just before the bubble, so .............

Went and played a couple of hours cash - 15/30 and 20/40 - one table of each.

Finished up about 2.5 BI's up on each so a nice finish to the evening. I'm getting a taste for this cash business but it doesn't half give me a headache.
  • edited March 2010
    Last night I managed a triple blob......  one blob, two blob in the Tikay Omaha thingymablob ......... so, no surprises there then. Blobbed out early doors in the Open too. But...........  I was doing rather well 'elsewhere' in what used to be my favourite tournament of the evening. I was flying until, at about 10pm, the phone rang. One of our girls is away at a school camp this week and it was one of the teachers on the phone. Our girl had taken ill and was coming home so I had to abandon ship and drive to meet them half way. I then spent an hour sitting on Llandegla Moor waiting for them.......... they got lost! After a nights sleep our girl is fine (it was her first time away and it all got a bit too much for her I think) and that's far more important than any tournament. I will however be stopping my estimated winnings from her pocket money ......... I think that's only fair!   :o)
    Posted by elsadog
    nice one elsa :)
  • edited March 2010
    Plopped out of BH early on, but covered my entry fee with bounty's won.

Played 3 cash tables (max 2 at a time). Lost 2 BI's on 15/30 table, had a terrible time of it, couldn't hit a thing. Won on the 2 x 25/50 tables though. One BI up on one and 4.5 BI's up on the other, so that's a profit of ....... errrrrr, well it's a profit.

Had a great game on one of the 25/50 tables, great banter good fun. That Dylan is one mean player with a great sense of humour. Best night on cash so far.