You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited February 2010

It was good!

Wednesday night is my favourite night on Sky Poker, as I can play the 7pm tikay Sleepie, & the 8pm Double Stack Main Event.

Only 25 runners for the "tikay" last night, so only 3 paid, & I came up just short after my K-K (AIPF) got bested by A-Q which caught trip Queens, so no complaints, it played itself. A remarkable comeback in that young Dylan, who was near-felted early, clung on to finish 2nd, well done him.

The oddest hand arose early doors when I popped it up with 3-3, & two players behind me, both O-O-P, smoothed it with big hands! Neither liked the A-high flop, so I managed to win it, heaven knows how. They went on to finish 2nd & 3rd, whilst I finished out of the money in 5th!

I also played the 8pm Double Stack, & I HAD to outdo Rich Orford, as we had a prop-bet L-L. I took a chance or two early doors to put myself n a position to go deep, & got lucky, eventually finishing 35th or similar for a small cash, but more importantly, winning the all important L-L. Nice Tourney, that Double Stack, which runs on Friday, too, though on Friday it's £16.50 against Wednesday's £11.

Nobody was on the 25-50 Omaha Tables after that, so I gave them a miss. A shame, as I like to end the day with a spot of Omaha cash.
  • edited February 2010
    Had and still have a headache :(
  • edited February 2010
    Not a very good night for me last night, was card dead mostof the ngiht and when I did get a hand I played most poorly and got unlucky on a couple.  

Lost around £45 last night, i know its nothing major but with a starting balanace of around £170 it was a fair chunk.  Was playing above my limits really, altho i dont play to any % I just deposit a small amount a month and when thats gone i stop playing for a month.  Only deposited £20 thismonth so had been gonig along nicely till last night.

Was playing 10p/20p nl on Rich's table against loads of diff regs, and they all had the beating on me, even lml (sorry onlyjoking :) ).  Mabsue in particular was outplaying me (as he normally does) he seems to call ever raise I make then outplays me on the flop.  In the end after I raised pre flop with aq and he re-rasied me I just went all in.  I wanted to see a flop but I knew id miss the flop he'd bet high and id fold.  Turns out he had ak and the best hand won so no complaints there.  If id just called and seen a flop I may have been able to get him off his hand with a q on the flop, he hit a 10 on river for straight. I'd played bad all night so didnt reload at that point just said nh and stood up.  I did enjoy mylsef tho, the table was buzzing,didnt join in with the chat that much but enjoyed reading it all.

Normaly when I loose at cash i go find a dym and get my money back, but normally its a £11 or £22, but as id lost more this time i went to join a £55 one.  Thankfully at the time nobody was registered, I joined waited a couple of minutes, thoguht to myself what the hell am i doing, and deregistered.  I went and withdrew £100 straight away because i knew i was gonig to blow it, if not at poker at sky vegas.

So now im left with £29 to play with, not sure whether to play some cash, or just go for the big one tonight, im just happy I wtihdrew the money last night ratehr than blowing it.  I know its sad having to withdraw it because I dont trust myself.

Good luck tonight everyone

Gareth
  • edited February 2010

Mixed reviews of last night, went out of the open early doors. I got loose call after loose call for the first 15mins but couldn't connect with a board and couldn't Cbet anyone off(shouldn't of trying on my table to be honest). Multi way pots to every flop i saw (and i was betting big nough to drive weak hands out) so i couldn't get anything going. Things didn't run my way and after getting it all in with AA i had 3 callers, one of which had 66 which tripped and then quadded just to rub some salt. 

I'd had to buy into the main event from the £50 or so i had in my account as i sucked so badly in the satalites that i should of just given up there (never one to head my own advice though i bought in direct and promtly shiped my chips to my loose table lol)

I decided to do the rest of my free money (all of about £35 left at this point) on some cash tables. Picked up a couple of buy ins at low level and finished the night about £25 in front which is nice.

So now my account sits at about £73 and for fun i'll try and spin that up a bit more tonight. Using the classic BRM rule of putting 25% of my roll on each table, i think i'll throw some around on 10p - 20p 20NL tables lol
    (before someone adds some bankroll managment advice to this for me, this is not my bankroll this is just some free money Sky kindly donated via the tko for me lol)

I'm going to start with the £80 GTD at 5:15 i think and play a main event satalite to see how my luck holds.

Wish Me Luck :)

• edited February 2010
    Hey 35Suited, Don't think it's sad you have to withdraw. You deposited £20 this month and took off £100 - 5 times your money in less than 4 weeks, theres not an investment in the land paying that kind of dividend lol

I like you now have a very measly amount left in the account, but like yours mine is all free money and i intend to either spin it up or have a laugh spining it down lol

I'd go for a sat into the main event with your £29 and then you can still have some cash fun later if you qualify :)
  • edited February 2010
    Quite a good day overall, started playing really early in the morning when looking after my niece and she watched cartoons, was £45 up from that session which aint to bad. Was off the tables for the day then, had to make do with playing entertaining a very hyperactive 3 year old lol!! Played the Tikay sleep stack and managed 2nd - how I do not know!! Then managed 31st in the Double stack - again I do not know how - overall it wqs just patience and playing position really. Also got taught a lesson by Tikay when he owned me in a particular hand - stupid mistake by me but it won't happen again, poker is about learning and I am happy to keep on learning as everyone else should as well!!
  • edited February 2010
    Played in the inaugural Wednesday evening Orfordable Deepstack last night. Kicked off at 7:15 with 35 runners and I went out in third place at 10:57. What a GREAT evening! I just loved it (didnt get wound up once!). Thanks Sky for putting more of these tournys on. Thanks to everyone who played and stayed to rail. Congrats to lroller for taking it down and to BenBartez for a fine second place. Let's have 50 or 100 players from now on. Its a 10 seater with 5000 chips and 12 minute blinds so you get loads of poker for your money and its easy to multi-table. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    Played in the inaugural Wednesday evening Orfordable Deepstack last night. Kicked off at 7:15 with 35 runners and I went out in third place at 10:57. What a GREAT evening! I just loved it (didnt get wound up once!). Thanks Sky for putting more of these tournys on. Thanks to everyone who played and stayed to rail. Congrats to lroller for taking it down and to BenBartez for a fine second place. Let's have 50 or 100 players from now on. Its a 10 seater with 5000 chips and 12 minute blinds so you get loads of poker for your money and its easy to multi-table. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?
    Posted by Seagull158
    + 1

Well played last night Seagull, it was FUN FUN FUN. I have put a poll up in the sky poker tournament thread so please go and have a look see.
    (it was a bit of fun one about the deepstacks but has now been moved to AREA51!!!....LOL)
  • edited February 2010
    Posted by Seagull158
    Now thats value!

I often play that 7.15 - simply because it's as friendly a comp as you will find anywhere.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : + 1 Well played last night Seagull, it was FUN FUN FUN. I have put a poll up in the sky poker tournament thread so please go and have a look see. (it was a bit of fun one about the deepstacks but has now been moved to AREA51!!!....LOL)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Oh my WORD!

I'm sorry MAX - someone got whooshed badly.

I'll drop them a note immediately & try to get it restored to it's rightful place.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Oh my WORD! I'm sorry MAX - someone got whooshed badly. I'll drop them a note immediately & try to get it restored to it's rightful place.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I've sent them a note Max, & I hope they feel able to restore it to the correct Board.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : I've sent them a note Max, & I hope they feel able to restore it to the correct Board.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you TK. I was trying to promote the deepstacks and also have a bit of fun at the same time as the banter last night was 1st class with no dummies being chucked ( which makes a refreshing change.)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Thank you TK. I was trying to promote the deepstacks and also have a bit of fun at the same time as the banter last night was 1st class with no dummies being chucked ( which makes a refreshing change.)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    No worries Max, all sorted now. A minor misunderstanding, these things happen.
  • edited February 2010
    Haven't played properly for a while, so havent posted on here. Yesterday I had a 8/9 hour session, after going the club for the afternoon, sometimes these go t*ts up, but luckily yesterday went well. 

Back to 1 tabling on my rubbish lappy, so decided to attack the HU sng's  for some fast action. Just started at £5/10, and made £60 at them, think I won 9/13 or something. Wasnt really keeping score, was just enjoying them and was surprised to see how much I made, and how quickly I made it. (I love the re-match facility on these, finding someone I have the beating of, and talking to them in the chatbox, re-assuring them theyre playing well and Im getting lucky, lol Im so bad!)

Played half an hour cash with Mr.Orford and co, made bout a tenner I think, was a chillaxing game waiting for the main event to start.

Going well in the main event, up to 9k after half an hour. Blinds were 75/150, and there was a guy at my table with 10k. I raised up, 3 hands out of 6, to 400, just under 3xbb. The hands were ten ten, AJs and AT off, and each time, the guy behind me with 10k went ALL IN! ALL IN!!! He refused to play a flop with me. It really really wound me up. I went card dead, and ended up busting tamely, was sooo disappointed with myself, letting this guy get to me. My exit hand was 23 off suit, shoving the sb, BB called with ace 4 I think, fair doos, I was short and annoyed.

Went back to HU sng's, £20 ens this time, lost 3/4 to the same guy, I bet he couldnt believe his luck bumping into a tilted DOHHHH. The last game I played was a sick outdraw though, which made me feel alot better! NOT!

Resisted the temptation for a re-match, feeling pretty tilted now, but still up for the day.

Looking for a game, sat at a NL100 table, and doubled within half an hour, hit top set, and got paid off by second pair, happy days. 

Feeling abit better about life, pick up AKhearts, how pretty does that look 200bbs deep! I flop the ace and turn the flush draw. Hes called me twice and the river is another ace. Hard to know how I'm gonna get paid here, make a V bet and he shoves. The board is pretty dry, and call without thinking. He shows AQ, and I take down my biggest pot on sky poker, £410! - what a river card!

I carried on for a while longer, won abit, then lost abit, then won abit then lost abit, then my head started to spin, and I called it a night. Always nice to wake up in a morning and see the balance has gone the right way!

Same again tomorrow, and hopefully Sun! :)

DOHH
  • edited February 2010

£410? Nice Pot!

A decent ending to a mixed day - can't beat it.
  • edited February 2010
    Here endeth the first lesson ..........................

Thursday DEEPSTACK:

1.  tikay1 - £34.80
    2.  elsadog - £23.20 + 12 League Points3.  Robnbeth - £16.24 + 10 League Points4.  Crassus - £11.60 + 8 League Points5.  DeBuster - £9.28 + 6 League Points6.  pokjedwick - £8.12 + 4 League Points7.  JIMBO586 - £6.96 + 3 League Points8.  Seagull158 - £5.80 + 2 League Points

A very, very enjoyable game, but I have to blame Barry for waking-up 'the man'. We were all sailing along nicely up to that point, then 'he' awoke, remembered where he was, and ripped the table to pieces.

Very well played sir, a lesson to us all. I just wish I could have made more of the H2H but the preceding 32 deuces ( I counted them in the HH afterwards ) left me rather short unfortunately. It would have been nice to have a protracted heads up with you.

ps. I have now moved all rag Aces up in my hole-card values. The mighty A6os is now firmly placed at the top.  ;o).......... Oh! ..... and the Dolly Pardon (Parden, Pardan) move was outrageous.
  • edited February 2010
    Lost £20 in low level omaha cash, but we were playing NLO not PLO :D

Got it back with interest this morning 8)

Such a fun game, obviously wasn't as fun last night, tho!
  • edited February 2010
    Another good night, things running well at the moment. Skipped the main event sats when i realised it was a Bounty Hunter which i can't stand so just played cash last night. As i've said earlier in the thread im just spinning up my free TKO money at the mo and that progressed well. Started with the £25 2 days ago - got that to £73 for yesterday and then span it up to £150 last night. Ran well, Played OK with one or 2 lucky get out of jail cards but on the whole a very sucessful night.

Will play the sat tonight for the main event and then back to some micro and low level cash. Should be fun though im not expecting my good run to last :)
  • edited February 2010
    Fantastic, won my first £1000 velocity lastnight and i am improving faster than i can take imformation on board. Ive still got a long way to go but won three tourneys on 3 different sites this week. Tikay We met in Newcastle(on the hotel stairs). im one to watch for the future. Watch this space :0)
  • edited February 2010
    Not too bad tonight, won 7 pm deepy for only £50 booo , cashed in 2 other tourneys.
  • edited February 2010

Another up and down day!
    Stated at 3pm yest, bit later than usual due to the cricket. Entered the £250gtd, no luck AT s v KT off, n I lost to a flush! lol

Played 3 cash games at once, steady profit. The last hand I played, was the type of hand that happens alot, and maybe u guys can help me with it.

It was NL30, I ad a stack of 65, Raised with AJs and called behind. The flop is 3, 4, 8, - 2 diamonds. I like it, and bet out. I'm called. The turn is a blank, something like 10x. I ave 2 overs, and 9 cards to the nuts so still 15 outs, and the betting lead. I have to continue here, so I bet 3/4 pot and quickly called. The river is an ACE! What a confusing card that is. I now have showdown value, but the guy could be playing a monster behind. I dt really know where I am here, I'm trapped out of position, with a disguised hand. I check, and my opponent bets half the pot! Has he missed the same draw? Does he have a set? - How does he perceive me? - What would u guys do here?

The opponent is a good , solid player especially at those levels, one of the best, he will probably read this and laugh. 

The ace, although it's helped my hand, its kinda stumped me! 

Anyway, played the orfordable deepy again, I WILL win it 1 day. I was chip leader at the first break, and quickly increased the lead, before making a big mistake, again getting trapped OOP with 2nd pair. Tried using my stack to take the pot, the guy had 2 overs and a fd on the flop, and unfortunately hit his overcard on the turn, and picked me off. 
    Managed to hang in there, and battle int 4th/5th I think?
    Had a great blind on blind battle ith HuFungPu lol - He beat me 3-1 in the end I think. wp sir.

I ignored the NL50 tables and went bak to NL100 again. Got a sik hand 4th hand, my AA all in pre v KK. So was playing £200. Lost abit, then had a huge hand, hit top set jacks, v a fd. The river paired the board, giving me the nut FH, but also gave my oppo te nut flush, it was a beauty.

Im running so hot here, but with poker, theres always a booby trap round the corner. Im so deep, like 360 bbs, so when I get 44 I'm more than happy to see a flop when the Big man Shann raises. The flop is 8 8 2. I get busy here, bet the flop, and the turn. I'm about ready to give up, Ive fired twice, and BIGSHANN doesn't call twice without the goods. Wen all of a sudden the river is a 4. Wow sick hit, I run soooo good! My hand is so disguised, Bigshann never gives me credit here, and I can overbet the pot and get paid! I do just that, and he moves all in. Im already typing my apology in the chatbox, when BOOOOM, He shows 88 for flopped quads. 

Ouch! - Who runs good? lol

Anyway I finished the session about a buy in and half up. 

Great nights poker!

DOHH
  • edited February 2010
    Best result of the night was 'bubble boy' in the 8.15 deepy.

I entered the big one at 8pm and the Orfordable too, but we had surprise guests at 6.30 and I had to withdraw from the Orfordable. I left my entries for the later two thinking I might get in before my chips disappear. The blinds were too quick for me in the 8pm so got online with only 800 left and crashed out at the first opportunity.

Tonight's the night......... hopefully.
  • edited February 2010
    Night started of badly with a 20£ dym going wrong on the bubble.

Still bought into the main event and looked forward to a good nights pokering. The girlfriend then said she wanted pizza so had to pop out to pick it up leaving her in charge of the first few hands. Came back to find i was allready 500 chips down. Picked off a couple of players and was happy to see at the start of the first break my name was top of the chip list.

The night wore on and after about 2 hours play I had made it to the money albeit in about 40th place the game carried on and I eeked out a few more hands and then another hour went by and we made it down to the last 10 still virtually bringing up the rear as it were.

Midnight comes and goes now 4 hours in and the final table looms out of the distance 1 or 2 big stacks and 4 mediocre ones play as few hands as possible and made them pay and we aare down to five and i think at this point I have the chip lead for the first time in the tourney since that one point pre the first break about 3.5 hours back.

I ship a few chips and player to my right makes some moves and clears the two bottom stacks skinnyribs and zzcop. We are now down to three and the cards are not treating me well until JA runs in front of me at which time i probably make my big mistake of the night there is always one just does not usually cost as much. Big stack raises me and i'm stuck in the hard position. The blinds are now 40k iirc so i probably have about 5bb left and should really push this but instead call him. Flop comes down rag five six so i push he calls with 78 and hits the eight on the river :) oh well my best nights poker on here and a nice 650£ into the bankroll.

Next hand big stack has his AA cracked and i believe went on to lose the heads up.
  • edited February 2010
    Only played the £7k DS last night and ended up cashing a bit (41st from memory). Lost half my stack early on with in a pot involving a frankly stupid river-raise by myself, but clawed it back with some good honest healthy aggression :-D
    I do really like the £4k and £7k DS tournies.
  • edited February 2010

Managed to cash for 37th place of 663 in the £6k Saturday Open. I struggled all the way through this and was playing short stack poker throughout. I think I made more steals in this than I have all week. Not a pleasant way to have to play but all good practice.

Later I played in the £400 BH and again I was Mr Shortstack for almost the entire ride and scraped 3rd Place!!!!!! but with only one bounty to my name. Still, a healthy profit there then.

I also played the Orfordable earlier in the evening and only missed the bubble by a couple of places ..... Damn it!! I was on target for two 'bubble boy's' in a row there! (my record for bubbling is 4 in a row btw). I found it difficult to give it my full attention as I was struggling in the Open, and had to prioritise. But as always a nice tournament to play in with friendly banter throughout.

I had a profitable night overall and 2 cashes from 3 played, so no complaints here.
  • edited February 2010
    Managed to cash for 37th of 663 in the Saturday Open. I struggled all the way through this and was playing short stack poker throughout. I think I made more steals in this than I have all week. Not a pleasant way to have to play but all good practice. Later I played in the £400 BH and again I was Mr Shortstack for almost the entire ride and scraped 3rd Place!!!!!! but with only one bounty to my name. Still a healthy profit. I also played the Orfordable earlier in the evening and only missed the bubble by a couple of places ..... Damn it!! I was on target for two 'bubble boy's' in a row there! I found it difficult to give it my full attention as I was struggling in the Open, and had to prioritise. But as always a nice tournament to play in with friendly banter throughout. I had a profitable night overall and 2 cashes from 3 played, so no complaints here.
    Posted by elsadog
    didnt struggle when we went allin, you had junk j-k and it came runner runner for you to hit a straight. :(
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : didnt struggle when we went allin, you had junk j-k and it came runner runner for you to hit a straight. :(
    Posted by hurst05
    Would you like a twist of Lemon with that Sir?  :o)

You'll need to remind me as to what tournament that was. I suck-out on so many players in the course of a tournament that it's impossible to remember them all.
  • edited February 2010
    I started off in the orfordable, got rid of nearly half my chips fairly early with a couple of speculative plays and then scrabbled around at the back of the field until going allin on the flop with k high on an Ace high board when it was so obvious the OP (some dog with purple hair) had an Ace. I do that every now and again for some unexplainable reason; convince myself the OP has nothing when all the evidence points to the fact that he has me beat. I satellited into the Open and went through a similar process there, getting rid of a large percentage of my chips and surviving on scraps, until I attempted a double up with K 3 against J 9 after a 10 8 3 flop, was in great shape after K on the turn and then was crushed by the river 7 for his straight. I'm claiming a bad beat there. As I was out of the Open before 9 I entered the 1000GTD MTT at 9 with 249 runners and made 20th for 10 profit. I exited this tourny in gut wrenching fashion when my AI with 22 was called by A high and the board came K K 7 7 9 to counterfeit my deuces. One of those evenings where I struggled all the way through but came out with a small profit and, I hope, learned a few things along the way. Roll on tonight!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    played 1 game of poker yesterday, the offordable ds. played for 2hrs 58 mins and finished 7th(payed 5!!!!) not cashing put aside, played some very good players last nite dohhhh, elsa to name a few, and had a good entertaining evening in the chatbox with daffodil and here rabbit. all in all 3hrs good poker for £3.30.
  • edited February 2010
    played 1 game of poker yesterday, the offordable ds. played for 2hrs 58 mins and finished 7th(payed 5!!!!) not cashing put aside, played some very good players last nite dohhhh, elsa to name a few, and had a good entertaining evening in the chatbox with daffodil and here rabbit. all in all 3hrs good poker for £3.30
    Posted by pod1

If you don't play anything else this one is a must ........ well said pod. I don't know why this doesn't have a field of 100 every night, the table chat alone is worth a fiver..