You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How was it for you, last night?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night?:
    I had a good night,won my first deepstack,the £2.20 7.15 for £36. Had a bit of luck and it was all good in the chatbox.
    Posted by mm12
    How good did THAT feel?
  • edited January 2010
    Superb,don't want to sound too brown nosey but watching and listening to the analysts on the telly has helped massively. my BR was down to £4 but is now £140.
  • edited January 2010
    had a very enjoyable night

really enjoyed the deepstack with a select but high quality field and good banter in the chat box

came 14th in the open and feel i didnt make any mistakes just got caught with my hands in the jar once to often in the end

played cash till about 2 and made a small amount and had some good banter with jimiflloyd and his brother in the chat
  • edited January 2010
    Last night was not so great. Only played in the 7:30 deepie to show my support in these tourneys and did absolute bobbins in it but you can't win them all!.

Can't moan one bit with the week i've had on the tables (4 cashes, 2 final tables and busted out Arvind Parmar in the Celeb Scary on thursday night) so that's all in all pretty good for me! :).

Anyway weekends are for me time and me time only and Darts is on the tv so have a great weekend everyone!... :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to How was it for you, last night?:
    Thought it might be fun to have a Thread where we can chew the cud about last night on the Tables. But spare us the Bad-Beat tales, please! Here's a starter. In last night's 8pm main Event (Double Stack), I'm right up with the Leaders, & have 37,000 at 1k-2k. How? I got luckly, when I tried a squeeze with K-J & ran into A-Q - not as bad as it looks really - & hit running Kings to 2xup. I had quite a Rail, most of whom were mock anti-railing , so that bought jeers of derision wholesale! So, there I am with 37k, in the BB, & it's walked to the SB, who has 1k invested, & 6k behind. (Blinds 1k-2k). He shoves, which I had 100% anticipated - what hand would he NOT shove with here was my thought-train, & I'd pre-determined that when he did, I'd call pretty much ATC. My hand was 6d-7d, & I reckon I'll be unlucky if I'm worse than 60-40. In fact, he had A-4 off. (I just ran this through an Odds Calculator - amazingly we are just about flipping - it's about 48%-52%). Anyway, he flopped the nut straight, & got his 2xup. No complaints. "Nice flop Sir!" I type in the chat box, to which he replies, "nice Call, lol, you ****". Marv. Does anyone fold in my spot here?
    Posted by Tikay10
    If you fold never play poker again... ever.
  • edited January 2010
    Last night i had a very slow grind on 8NL HE cash tables... think i made between 1-2BIs, then played a dym and lost that, then played a £2.20 deepstack... love these games! Unfortunately i couldn't cash as i finished 14th out of 38 (top 5 cash)... i played Ok but feel that i lack another gear that i need to build my stack rather than playing so tight. My m8 managed to finish 2nd in this, he rolled over every table, constantly playing his position superbly... his table name is strat91... absolutely class player imo, hes like a durrr wana b lol so congrats to him.
  • edited January 2010
    I had a good night,won my first deepstack,the £2.20 7.15 for £36. Had a bit of luck and it was all good in the chatbox.
    Posted by mm12
    Its always good in the chatbox in the deepies. It seems to be the low stakes MTTs, particularly the speed tourneys, where lots of abusive nonsense happens. I think its because some of the players in those tourneys are just gamblers playing for kicks and to see how many they can crush. They have loads of adrenalin flowing and when it doesn't go their way they explode.
  • edited January 2010
    well done for grinding blackfish

remember ur very young at the game and all playing time now will help in the future

good luck
  • edited January 2010
    well done for grinding blackfish remember ur very young at the game and all playing time now will help in the future good luck
    Posted by barnsie
    what a nice post :) thanks a lot m8! yea im just looking to keep improving and hopefully keep making money, im in no rush i just want to get good.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: How was it for you, last night? : Its always good in the chatbox in the deepies. It seems to be the low stakes MTTs, particularly the speed tourneys, where lots of abusive nonsense happens. I think its because some of the players in those tourneys are just gamblers playing for kicks and to see how many they can crush. They have loads of adrenalin flowing and when it doesn't go their way they explode.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Yeah deepstacks and the like encourage proper play with proper players - the faster tournaments become simple all in or fold poker so they're unable to grasp the nuance's of the game when faced with situations like mentioned in the thread! No Class + No Game = Chat Abuse
  • edited January 2010
    i had a very nice night . played deepie and cashed in 6th. then the open and got 2nd i won £1082.25. only 2 games i played so all in all very enjoyable. anjie x
  • edited January 2010
    I always struggle after success,  as some of you may have noticed from my "Chuffed, Chuffed, Chuffed" thread I did quite well, by my standards, a few nights ago.  SInce then I have been reluctant to hit the tables.  I went into the 500BH and bombed out then went into a £11 DYM and bust out on the bubble,  My AK against A5  5 on the river lol.

Does anyone else find it difficult to play for a while after a good win,  or is it just me being a wee wimpy scot ;)  

Same thing happened to me the last time I won an MTT
  • edited January 2010
    i had a very nice night . played deepie and cashed in 6th. then the open and got 2nd i won £1082.25. only 2 games i played so all in all very enjoyable. anjie x
    Posted by anjie1970
    If I'm not mistaken Anjie Dear, your exit from the 7.30 Deepie the last 2 nights has been quite odd.

On Thursday, your Q-Q got turned over by 6-6, which hit a runnerx4 straight, & last night, it was equally exotic - I think you lost with an overpair to a 4-flush or something.

But you don't need my sympathy, I fancy.

Cool result - £1,000+ - in last night's Open, too.
  • edited January 2010
    I always struggle after success,  as some of you may have noticed from my "Chuffed, Chuffed, Chuffed" thread I did quite well, by my standards, a few nights ago.  SInce then I have been reluctant to hit the tables.  I went into the 500BH and bombed out then went into a £11 DYM and bust out on the bubble,  My AK against A5  5 on the river lol. Does anyone else find it difficult to play for a while after a good win,  or is it just me being a wee wimpy scot ;)   Same thing happened to me the last time I won an MTT
    Posted by JockBMW
    Back in November around the time i joined Sky Poker, i came 5th in SPT Manchester and won £1,050, won the £500 Velocity for about £180+ and won leg 2 of TKO1 all in the space of about 3 weeks and felt very happy with how i generally played and then December comes and i hit the mutha of all brick walls with a mixture of some spectacular bad beats and bad play on my part which did dent my confidence big style and i would'nt say i'm fully back into form but i feel with how i've played and some of the reasonable results i've had over the last couple of weeks, the confidence is coming back slowly but surely. Overall it's all about backing yourself and having that self-confidence as long as it does not turn to arrogance.

Also like with any competition poker related or non-poker related, variance plays a big factor and for me you have to take the rough with the smooth and learn to deal with it.

Away from the tables i know what it's like to win big and be within an inch of winning something that could change my life because i have had plenty of experience of winning big and boy it's feels amazing when you win and lousy when you don't win but you just have forget about the near misses and move on to the next opportunity that arises.
  • edited January 2010
    Decided to try my hand at a little higher stake game than usual last night £55 DYM,  Got to the table only to find Haysie and Nutter5.... what ever the rest of the numbers are lol.   

Anyway suffice to say i was delighted to make the Cash, but I have to say,  Nutter...... what a player, at one point I think he was down to 500, 600 chips, with fairly big blinds, made some bold all in plays and made it into the money,  don't think I've ever made it into the cash from that low a stack in a DYM.   

Well played Ben,  it was great to chat to you,  I think the fact that you were wearing TK's lucky hat, made all the difference ;)
  • edited January 2010

Up n down day !! - Played from 12 midday until 12 midnight, at NL50, and lost....3 quid! lol

Started fine, doubled up on mboth mastercash tables through the afternoon, Then I lost a hugggeeee pot 200+ at NL50 is pretty big, the other guy had a big stack too. Top 2 v overcards and a fd, pretty standard stuff, but his outs were limited of course to just the flush outs that didnt house me up. Anyway he hit n I was bak down to around even again.

At this point my computer started stalling and completely froze on 3 different occasions mid hand! I said to Greg in the chatbox at the time that I can't believe a laptop had the ability to send me on tilt! Anyway it did, and I made some stupid calls, n found myself 2 BI down, after been 2Bi up just an hour or so earlier, £200 quid swing.

Neway as MC was starting decided to just focus on the one game. I was happy with how I played on the MC tables, most of my moves paid off, and I made a big move against Gregg, who 3 bet me OOP with ace ten!!!! - then made a really good call when I set him in on a S n F draw on the turn. Thankfully I hit, and won abit more, ended the first MC hour 2x Bi, so bak to around even.

Luckily, and unbelievably, there was a space on the MC table for the 2nd hour. Why not! Again, played well here, made a good read against Haysie, with 10 10 v 8 8 on a queen high flop, and followed this up with more pretty solid stuff, getting the stack upto £110ish.

It wudnt be a DOHH poker day wiithout a massive blow up somewhere along the line, and as I hadnt entered any tournys, It had to come on the cash tables! I made a hugeeee bluff against a bloke with £100 in his stack, I sensed a chance to take this guy on, play down the streets, and get him to fold, then show the bluff with 7 high!

Unfortunately it never turned out like that, and he made a spectacular call with 88 on a 3, 4, 10, 3 board! - Looking back I could have constructed the hand better and told a more convincing story, but I was still pretty sure he was gonna fold as the time bar ticked away! I felt confident! Then OOPS! How did u call that?? Nooooo -
    Anyway the mastercash winnings had gone, and after 12 hours solid cash poker, I ended 3 quid down! (That includes 20 quid blown on horses n football. dohh, so technically I won! ;)

Amazing what 1 or 2 mistakes over a 12 hour period can do to your end result!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    last night, i lost £125 at 50nl while playing on mastercash, then cashed for £30 in the 400 GTD at midnight

Then i won £170 on sky vegas (not recommended) so all in all not too bad

if you cant be good, be lucky

• edited January 2010
    I can't even remember last night .... well, apart from my dream about plane crashes!
  • edited January 2010
    Ground away til 4.38am and was 4 full BI up...ended up playin HU with a new arrival (everyone else left as soon as this player arrived) in four hands he won with 2 x straights, set of K's and a FH...IN 4 HANDS, wiped out all of my cash and promptly left...so at 4.44am I decided to call it a day...Oh the joys of poker!!!!

At 6.38am I turned the lappy back on and won back about 2 BI so not a total wash out but that player should play the lottery this week...lol

x

• edited January 2010

Do you EVER sleep TRIP5?

x
  • edited January 2010
    Do you EVER sleep TRIP5? x
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL! Once every second Sunday I may treat myself to a cat-nap!!!

X
  • edited January 2010
    Up n down day !! - Played from 12 midday until 12 midnight, at NL50, and lost....3 quid! lol Started fine, doubled up on mboth mastercash tables through the afternoon, Then I lost a hugggeeee pot 200+ at NL50 is pretty big, the other guy had a big stack too. Top 2 v overcards and a fd, pretty standard stuff, but his outs were limited of course to just the flush outs that didnt house me up. Anyway he hit n I was bak down to around even again. At this point my computer started stalling and completely froze on 3 different occasions mid hand! I said to Greg in the chatbox at the time that I can't believe a laptop had the ability to send me on tilt! Anyway it did, and I made some stupid calls, n found myself 2 BI down, after been 2Bi up just an hour or so earlier, £200 quid swing. Neway as MC was starting decided to just focus on the one game. I was happy with how I played on the MC tables, most of my moves paid off, and I made a big move against Gregg, who 3 bet me OOP with ace ten!!!! - then made a really good call when I set him in on a S n F draw on the turn. Thankfully I hit, and won abit more, ended the first MC hour 2x Bi, so bak to around even. Luckily, and unbelievably, there was a space on the MC table for the 2nd hour. Why not! Again, played well here, made a good read against Haysie, with 10 10 v 8 8 on a queen high flop, and followed this up with more pretty solid stuff, getting the stack upto £110ish. It wudnt be a DOHH poker day wiithout a massive blow up somewhere along the line, and as I hadnt entered any tournys, It had to come on the cash tables! I made a hugeeee bluff against a bloke with £100 in his stack, I sensed a chance to take this guy on, play down the streets, and get him to fold, then show the bluff with 7 high! Unfortunately it never turned out like that, and he made a spectacular call with 88 on a 3, 4, 10, 3 board! - Looking back I could have constructed the hand better and told a more convincing story, but I was still pretty sure he was gonna fold as the time bar ticked away! I felt confident! Then OOPS! How did u call that?? Nooooo - Anyway the mastercash winnings had gone, and after 12 hours solid cash poker, I ended 3 quid down! (That includes 20 quid blown on horses n football. dohh, so technically I won! ;) Amazing what 1 or 2 mistakes over a 12 hour period can do to your end result! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

jezzzzzus i am exhausted even reading this !

you are living the poker dream m8y !

• edited February 2010

Err.....think I'll post my thoughts in the morning!

But I mangled two Tourneys, completely my fault, unforced errrors both times, & in the third, my Aces got turned over, so that was that. Oh, & I ran my Omaha pull-up to 3BI, then lost the lot!

Was planning to play some Omaha into the early hours on my own Account, but it's all uphill tonight, so I think I'll swerve it.

Night all.
  • edited February 2010
    WELL once again i ran deep in the Primo made a raise comitting my stack  with ducks having played like a Rock all night it was inline with my image got shoved on by Ace Queen and 2nd card out Q so if i was going to win i said before calling rest of my stack hope you have A k so was happy to take the race if i win it i going to FT so that was my reckoning in it to win it at that time i was justified imo still pucked up136 so thatll do nicely a good night could have been so much better though gl one and all at the tables
  • edited February 2010
    well last nite, where to start. as some of you probably remember i posted a thread on BROKE and was restarting with a small bankroll playing low stakes and small buy in stgs and mtts. by sat nite had turned a £150 br in to £350 in less than a week, but the old me kicked in yesterday and was playing out of bankroll whilst watching and betting on ATR (not good) whilst playing primo direct, busted rest of my bankroll (very disapointed with myself) neway managed to qualify through £7 buy in. so come 8pm was rather down and sulky playing with last hope till payday end of feb. but after patients, more lifes than a cat and a bit of luck i managed to win primo. so all in all a very good night. just wanna say thanks to railers and hopefully i can manage br abit better than last attempt.
  • edited February 2010
    That's some story ace! - U shud make a film from it! Top prize in primo is huge int it? 3 n half grand? Straight to NL200 then? lol

Was offline last night until 8-55, played the 1k gtd, got KK, 3 handed to the flop, QUEEN, 8, 3 Rainbow! Cundnt have picked a better flop for KK which didnt have a King! - Anyway 3 players manage to get all in, Im up against queen 10, and..ugh pocket 3's. No luck, he makes quads, and I'm out by 9-20!

Didn't even stay to flick through the games like I normally do, Asleep by ten!

Great result ACE - and if your into your horses, check my thread in "THE SHED" - I want ur selections over the next week or so with u running that hot!

DOHH

• edited February 2010
    well last nite, where to start. as some of you probably remember i posted a thread on BROKE and was restarting with a small bankroll playing low stakes and small buy in stgs and mtts. by sat nite had turned a £150 br in to £350 in less than a week, but the old me kicked in yesterday and was playing out of bankroll whilst watching and betting on ATR (not good) whilst playing primo direct, busted rest of my bankroll (very disapointed with myself) neway managed to qualify through £7 buy in. so come 8pm was rather down and sulky playing with last hope till payday end of feb. but after patients, more lifes than a cat and a bit of luck i managed to win primo. so all in all a very good night. just wanna say thanks to railers and hopefully i can manage br abit better than last attempt.
    Posted by AceAceBaby
    Congratulations a bit of a bigger bankroll now look after it lol and dont let the missus know just how much you won ............or you will rapidly find out what her barnkroll management skills are like  very well done took my stab with the ducks as you seen but didnt get through well done again pleased for you
  • edited February 2010
    haha quality, unfortunely there is no miss aceacebaby lol. lil ace will get treated and hate to say it but need a car as it stands dohhhhhhh so big chunk of the £3860 will go to that but all in all im a very happy chappy. it comes at a perfect point in my life and on here. dohhhhhh i wont even attempt with the horses m8, thats not coz i dont want to but coz im 99% sure anything i suggest will lose! horses are a very bad habbit in my life that i need to get rid of. thanks ace
  • edited February 2010

Ace is Ace!

Wow - nearly £4k? WELL DONE!

From a guy who posted the "BROKE" Thread, that's some tale, & I'm made up for you.

Please - PLEASE - take most of the money it & use it for something useful - a train ride, maybe? And leave those gee-gees alone!

That's just wonderful. My sincerest congrats to you.
  • edited February 2010
    well i got a car with 1 window wiper not working, heating broke, leak in the radiator and basically bout to break down. so with that and your advise TK im gonna take most off and invest in someting realiable. then slog it out out in the mtts and low stakes as previously planned. looking forward to winners journey wed as was 7th of 7th and went in final table pee wee stack! im over the moon and especially like you said after going busto and facing up to leaks its all the more appreciated :) gl wed by way gonna be tough, many friends in that group, and all amazing players! thanks ace