You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : If it was to be done say on a Saturday would this allow more players to sat into it? Also last night there was only a LR sat with more than 1 seat guaranteed whereas for mains there is a 3pm/6pm/LR sat. The 3pm might struggle but I would of thought a 6pm or 7pm sat with a few seats guaranteed would work and help meet the guarantee.
    Posted by MattBates
    You're right, it was supposed to have a Semi at 7.15pm giving 10 seats. Tuesday is the best night to have a high roller so we'll try again next week.
  • edited February 2017
    If Sky are planning on running WSOP qualifiers this year...

Sky were very prompt in launching WSOP qualifiers last year after the schedule was released (even although the WSOP were very late in releasing the schedule).

As the WSOP seem to have got their act together and released the full schedule much earlier this year, would it be possible to have some basic qualifiers as soon as possible? Running the qualifiers early may be a way to steal a march on any competitors running similar qualifiers (it was this that attracted me to playing more regularly on Sky last year). Also the Sky experience over there is so good so it would be nice to give as many people as possible a shot at going.
  • edited February 2017
    If Sky are planning on running WSOP qualifiers this year... Sky were very prompt in launching WSOP qualifiers last year after the schedule was released (even although the WSOP were very late in releasing the schedule). As the WSOP seem to have got their act together and released the full schedule much earlier this year, would it be possible to have some basic qualifiers as soon as possible? Running the qualifiers early may be a way to steal a march on any competitors running similar qualifiers (it was this that attracted me to playing more regularly on Sky last year). Also the Sky experience over there is so good so it would be nice to give as many people as possible a shot at going.
    Posted by markycash
    Early sats would be good but it's too late to get a steal on the competition!
  • edited February 2017
    IF Sky are doing Vegas sats this year I imagine they will be launched at a very similar time to last year.

• edited February 2017
    last night was bound to be bad for the poker site as premiership football was playing. I suggest a £110 buy in tournament for Tuesday and Sunday and later if they do ok add in say Thursday to have non consecutive nights etc.
  • edited February 2017
    IF Sky are doing Vegas sats this year I imagine they will be launched at a very similar time to last year.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    IF Sam is right, that's good.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : IF Sam is right, that's good.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Agreed, Sky were very prompt with them last year. Just itching to start this years quest :p
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : IF Sam is right, that's good.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I guess there is a chance he is right.....even a broken clock is correct twice a day!
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : I guess there is a chance he is right.....even a broken clock is correct twice a day!
    Posted by MattBates

Sky Bet make it a pick 'em, 10/11 either way.  
  • edited February 2017
    with the £110 bh - I get that it failed to meet guarantee a few times, but a £55bh with £4k guaranteed (so requiring the same numbers) would also struggle yet the sheriff is deemed "ever popular" when it meets its 40-50 runner guarantee. 

a £110 bh @ 7:45 with a semi at 6 and 7:15, and a 5k/6k guarantee would surely do ok? 
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Sky Bet make it a pick 'em, 10/11 either way.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh come on Tikay, we all know Sky don't offer THAT competitive a book. 5/6 each side more like. ;)
  • edited February 2017

The Wednesday evening Mini Predator Guarantee will be £2,000 (previously £2,500) with immediate effect.
  • edited February 2017
    What do you think the reason is for Sky having to reduce the guarantees on a regular basis now?
    I get that in the Summer people play less but the winter months are generally acknowledged as the best times for UK based online poker.

Not trolling. It's just that i'm surprised as we hear often enough that Sky is having year on year growth. Is Poker itself growing on Sky or is it that figure across all platforms?
  • edited February 2017
    What do you think the reason is for Sky having to reduce the guarantees on a regular basis now? I get that in the Summer people play less but the winter months are generally acknowledged as the best times for UK based online poker. Not trolling. It's just that i'm surprised as we hear often enough that Sky is having year on year growth. Is Poker itself growing on Sky or is it that figure across all platforms?
    Posted by Jac35
    SB&G as a whole continues to grow very strongly, but the online poker market is quite challenging right now. Cash & SNG's are still going along nicely, but MTT's are hard work.

Sky Poker have also adopted a tougher line on overlay - instead of allowing repeated overlay, they now try to make the Guarantees realistic.
    That's where a lot of the Guarantee reduction comes from actually. There is an average overlay per week metric, & that has been improved tremendously by making the Guarantees more realistic. Going back 3 or 6 months, the weekly MTT overlay was a staggering sum, but that is being managed more pro-actively now.    
  • edited February 2017

I can see the logic.

I track the overlay in the 24 or so major tournaments every day.  it was good to see that, last friday, there was no overlay in any major MTT.  last night overlay was there in 9 of the 23 games.

it is impossible to get it spot on.  in fact, i reckon there is good reason to have an overlay each day and necessary to stimulate and actively encourage regular play.  it could be argued that there is an optimum level of overlay, neither too much nor too little.  by this i mean that friday's zero overlay might indicate that the guarantees could have been higher and attracted more entrants and more revenues to the site.

i think sky poker do a good job managing overlay.

• edited February 2017
    I can see the logic. I track the overlay in the 24 or so major tournaments every day.  it was good to see that, last friday, there was no overlay in any major MTT.  last night overlay was there in 9 of the 23 games. it is impossible to get it spot on.  in fact, i reckon there is good reason to have an overlay each day and necessary to stimulate and actively encourage regular play.  it could be argued that there is an optimum level of overlay, neither too much nor too little.  by this i mean that friday's zero overlay might indicate that the guarantees could have been higher and attracted more entrants and more revenues to the site.  tuesday's overlay illustrates the opposite. i think sky poker do a good job managing overlay.
    Posted by aussie09
    I am reliably informed that Valentines Day is a very bad day for Online Poker.

What can people possibly be doing instead, one wonders?
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : I am reliably informed that Valentines Day is a very bad day for Online Poker.   What can people possibly be doing instead, one wonders?
    Posted by Tikay10

put a note in the sky poker diaries to reduce guarantees significantly in exactly nine months time.  those absent from play for valentines's day might now be absent on november 14 too.

• edited February 2017
    Don't know if I'm missing something but the spinner winner promotion says 11th-25th is £50 only the update this morning is saying 11th-37ish is £25 ?
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to spinner winner promotion:
    Don't know if I'm missing something but the spinner winner promotion says 11th-25th is £50 only the update this morning is saying 11th-37ish is £25 ?
    Posted by Blackpuma
    Sry wrong thread, me bad
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : I am reliably informed that Valentines Day is a very bad day for Online Poker.   What can people possibly be doing instead, one wonders?
    Posted by Tikay10

All the guarantees seemed the same so the surprise is they werent lowered not that there was overlay.

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : All the guarantees seemed the same so the surprise is they werent lowered not that there was overlay.
    Posted by MattBates
    I'm a guessing they will be lowered on February 14th 2018.
  • edited February 2017
    has the lunchtime plo8 £3.30 been removed or have i got a filter button pressed somewhere
  • edited February 2017

^^^

Can't see it in the Lobby, Cheezy.
  • edited February 2017
    ^^^ Can't see it in the Lobby, Cheezy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thankyou sir
  • edited February 2017
    There is quite a gap in the schedule on Sundays between 3 and 6. Could we try a £22bh win the button at 4.30?
  • edited February 2017
    There is quite a gap in the schedule on Sundays between 3 and 6. Could we try a £22bh win the button at 4.30?
    Posted by MattBates
    Yep, good idea. I've put one in £500 gtd.
  • edited February 2017

Can I suggest that both 500/1k and 250/500 levels are added to every turbo mtt?

The jumps are really big at these stages of the tournaments when stacks are already shallow. 

I'm sure removing a couple of the early levels to compensate would make for a better strucutured touurnament throughout?

Jumping from 400/800 to 600/1.2k when average stack is already shallow due to the turbo structure is just abit too much. 

----

Another suggestion, maybe some of the mid/late afternoon BH tournaments (of which there are many) can be made in to turbos just to offer a wee bit more choice? 

The last turbo BH is 11am, then there are tonnes of em until the next turbo which is around 9pm I think?

• edited February 2017
    Can I suggest that both 500/1k and 250/500 levels are added to every turbo mtt? The jumps are really big at these stages of the tournaments when stacks are already shallow.  I'm sure removing a couple of the early levels to compensate would make for a better strucutured touurnament throughout? Jumping from 400/800 to 600/1.2k when average stack is already shallow due to the turbo structure is just abit too much.  ---- Another suggestion, maybe some of the mid/late afternoon BH tournaments (of which there are many) can be made in to turbos just to offer a wee bit more choice?  The last turbo BH is 11am, then there are tonnes of em until the next turbo which is around 9pm I think?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Completely agree with this suggestion. Perhaps even try something that isn't a 6-max Bounty Hunter. 4-max, 8-max, freeze out, simple (as opposed to progressive) bounties, 3/5/7 minute blinds, shortstack MTTs....and qualifiers for something meaty

Think 6-max BHs will always be the most popular, but more variety would be welcome
  • edited February 2017
    I suggest changing one of the existing four £33 ME BHs to be another rebuy BH (same as Friday)
  • edited February 2017
    I suggest changing one of the existing four £33 ME BHs to be another rebuy BH (same as Friday)
    Posted by SoLack

11rBH...