You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    I suggest changing one of the existing four £33 ME BHs to be another rebuy BH (same as Friday)
    Posted by SoLack
    Great shout, the wednesday slot would be best imo

Unfortunately your name is not mattbates so you probably wont get listened to though
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Great shout, the wednesday slot would be best imo Unfortunately your name is not mattbates so you probably wont get listened to though
    Posted by jubb

Rumour has it Matt Bates is partial to rebuy tournaments

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Rumour has it Matt Bates is partial to rebuy tournaments
    Posted by Angmar2626
    Maybe we actually have a chance then haha
  • edited February 2017
    We listen to all suggestions. Matt Bates has a history of making good reasoned posts so his suggestions and opinions naturally carry more weight. It's not in our interest to have too many rebuys as we rake less from them and they give regs a bigger edge. It's better for the poker ecology if the money is spread around more. Also, it's easier to hit final table jackpots!
  • edited February 2017
    We listen to all suggestions. Matt Bates has a history of making good reasoned posts so his suggestions and opinions naturally carry more weight. It's not in our interest to have too many rebuys as we rake less from them and they give regs a bigger edge. It's better for the poker ecology if the money is spread around more. Also, it's easier to hit final table jackpots!
    Posted by Sky__James

All fair points. People don't exactly swarm to play the 5r at 5pm. Would you ever consider an 11r one day a week, not as a main event, just as an extra? If it ended up being a bit reggy could go with the Avenger, Sharpshooter, etc. theme and call it 'The REGulator'

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : All fair points. People don't exactly swarm to play the 5r at 5pm. Would you ever consider an 11r one day a week, not as a main event, just as an extra? If it ended up being a bit reggy could go with the Avenger, Sharpshooter, etc. theme and call it 'The REGulator'
    Posted by Angmar2626
    We introduced an 11rebuy every night in October. It was really unpopular so we took it out and we have no plans to put one back in. Bounty hunters continue to rise in popularity compared to every other format.
  • edited February 2017
    Question for sky James. 
    What is the thinking behind scarcity of Deepstacks and certainly any with buy in more than £2. For a while we had the Mega Stacks then we had a couple of weeks with a regular £5 DS each night and then they were removed even though they were well supported?
    I realise Sky has the niche market for six max tables and Bounty Hunters and I understand that is the most important aspect to Sky, but surely there is enough fluidity to allow Deepststacks to feature on a more regular basis in the week except just on the weekends.
  • edited February 2017
    bring back turbo tuesday 
  • edited February 2017
    Question for sky James.  What is the thinking behind scarcity of Deepstacks and certainly any with buy in more than £2. For a while we had the Mega Stacks then we had a couple of weeks with a regular £5 DS each night and then they were removed even though they were well supported? I realise Sky has the niche market for six max tables and Bounty Hunters and I understand that is the most important aspect to Sky, but surely there is enough fluidity to allow Deepststacks to feature on a more regular basis in the week except just on the weekends.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    The mega stack became very unpopular and missed guarantee every night. The £5.50 £300 gtd deep stacks also kept missing. The Iceman is pretty deep at 5,000 chips and is our least popular main event by far. There isn't enough demand for non bounty hunter mtts £5.50+. 
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : The mega stack became very unpopular and missed guarantee every night. The £5.50 £300 gtd deep stacks also kept missing. The Iceman is pretty deep at 5,000 chips and is our least popular main event by far. There isn't enough demand for non bounty hunter mtts £5.50+. 
    Posted by Sky__James
    didn.t the friday mega meet the gtd regulary maybe drop it to 200 and just run it fridays like the orfy , just a suggestion
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : The mega stack became very unpopular and missed guarantee every night. The £5.50 £300 gtd deep stacks also kept missing. The Iceman is pretty deep at 5,000 chips and is our least popular main event by far. There isn't enough demand for non bounty hunter mtts £5.50+. 
    Posted by Sky__James

...it was still very popular with the players who played it though. Sky put the guarantee on it, not the players. Perhaps (like stokefc above has mentioned) run it once/twice a week and/or lower (or even remove) the guarantee. 

There is still a small group of players who would like to see/play more deep stacks on here. Most of these will play the constant stream of BH's now out of little choice.
  • edited February 2017
    I agree with both stoke and maxally. If it misses the gty then why not just lower it rather than remove the tournament?

I appreciate that BHs are popular but why should other tournaments suffer as a result? Personally I think the recent mtt "revamp" has been pretty poor. I hardly play any in the week now, there are only so many bounty hunters a man can take.

The fact that main and mini event gtys are having to be lowered in what is supposed to be a busy period could mean that others might be thinking the same. I dread to think what the guarantees will be come the summer months.
  • edited February 2017
    I've put a mega stack in for Fridays 8.30pm £5.50 £300 gtd.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re::
    I agree with both stoke and maxally. If it misses the gty then why not just lower it rather than remove the tournament? I appreciate that BHs are popular but why should other tournaments suffer as a result? Personally I think the recent mtt "revamp" has been pretty poor. I hardly play any in the week now, there are only so many bounty hunters a man can take.
    Posted by waller02
    You are in the minority. The people want bounty hunters. It's supply and demand. Oh and I did keep reducing guarantees of non b/hunters but it gets to a point where it's no longer viable. 
  • edited February 2017
    Posted by Sky__James
    Nice one.  Ty James.

If this misses the gty than I shall be the first to come on here and apologise.
  • edited February 2017
    Regarding the new PLO8 BH's and general PLO8 MTT schedule.

The new games have taken a little tweaking but now appear to be settling and doing quite well in respect to their guarantees. If no hard conclusions are to be taken as it is still relatively early days I can understand that standpoint. Having said that I would expect and hope they grow a touch as more and more people realise they are available on the site now.

One thing I think it would be fair to take as a given, even at this early stage, is that they are proving more popular than the regular PLO8 MTT's (By far if you compare the nightly £100 GTD £5.50 PLO8 MTT entry figures to the £5.50 BH's wedged either side of it). The daytime entry numbers for the PLO8 MTT schedule look very low, would it be worthwhile trialing a couple of micro stakes PLO8 BH's during the day or around teatime? Or even swapping out a couple of the existing low buy PLO8 MTT's for BH's to see if traffic spikes? I realise a lot of people have lives and work during the day etc etc but I imagine there is a demographic who would be around and would play them (at least more than play the regular PLO8 MTT's).

An evening low buy in game may also prove popular, quite a few players have indicated they would participate in low buy in PLO8 BH's.

I don't say this from a personal preference point of view. Otherwise I would actually be suggesting higher buy in non-BH games. I say this more as a plo8 player who would love to see the general traffic reach its potential as it would undoubtedly have a knock-on effect of traffic at the PLO8 games I would play more often (DYM's, higher MTT's and HU SNG's etc). Breeding new blood into the game and all that jazz...
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: : You are in the minority. The people want bounty hunters. It's supply and demand. Oh and I did keep reducing guarantees of non b/hunters but it gets to a point where it's no longer viable. 
    Posted by Sky__James
    Donk made a valid point about turbo Tuesday.  That was a non bh main event that was extremely popular, yet it was removed.

I appreciate sky have a business to run though, there just used to be so much more variety rather than just endless bounty hunters, which personally I think is a shame.

I'm not having a go, I love sky and will always play on here. I'm just voicing my opinion.

• edited February 2017
    wp James a 200 gtd would of been better imo im sure it would attract 40 runners easily at a 200 gtd , anyway you can always drop it if it struggles , ty , i love me friday deepies :)
  • edited February 2017
    Posted by Sky__James

That's great news, thanks :)

• edited February 2017
    Posted by Sky__James
    That's great news. I hope it's well supported and if it doesn't make its guarantee, would still be good to keep it the week after with a reduced guarantee. I realise Sky has to cater primarily for majority and Bounty Hunters are king on this site, but it is appreciated that you have put this in for the minority who like Bounty Hunters AND Deepstacks.

The interaction with Sky and players on threads like this is what makes the site so good in my opinion ��
  • edited February 2017
    Posted by Sky__James

Nice one, thank you. Can you not make it a BH/rebuy though ;)
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : That's great news. I hope it's well supported and if it doesn't make its guarantee, would still be good to keep it the week after with a reduced guarantee. I realise Sky has to cater primarily for majority and Bounty Hunters are king on this site, but it is appreciated that you have put this in for the minority who like Bounty Hunters AND Deepstacks. The interaction with Sky and players on threads like this is what makes the site so good in my opinion ��
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    this is why sky poker is the best site to play on . they listen , where else do you get such communication between its player base and the site , thumbs up sky
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : this is why sky poker is the best site to play on . they listen , where else do you get such communication between its player base and the site , thumbs up sky
    Posted by stokefc
    +1
  • edited February 2017
    Posted by Sky__James

Any chance the structure can be looked at? Assuming it comes back as it was previously.

Plays far too deep early doors, then far too shallow at the business end.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: : Donk made a valid point about turbo Tuesday.  That was a non bh main event that was extremely popular, yet it was removed. I appreciate sky have a business to run though, there just used to be so much more variety rather than just endless bounty hunters, which personally I think is a shame. I'm not having a go, I love sky and will always play on here. I'm just voicing my opinion.
    Posted by waller02
    Tuesdays slot is already filled by a non BH main event (Iceman freezeout) The main difference to last mtt schedule is that we have a BH as the main event on a wednesday when it used to be a rebuy
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Any chance the structure can be looked at? Assuming it comes back as it was previously. Plays far too deep early doors, then far too shallow at the business end.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1, this could be said for almost every tournament I've played, not helped of course by the refusal to introduce antes but there are other things that can be done to give structures more balance. 

The £2r at 6pm is the worst structured tournament in the history of the world. 

110.00 / 20.005
    220.00 / 40.005
    325.00 / 50.005
    430.00 / 60.005
    540.00 / 80.005
    650.00 / 100.005
    760.00 / 120.005
    875.00 / 150.005
    980.00 / 160.005  (ADD ON HERE)

1090.00 / 180.005
    11100.00 / 200.005
    12125.00 / 250.005
    13150.00 / 300.005
    THEN WIIIIIII.......
    18600.00 / 1200.005
    19800.00 / 1600.005
    201000.00 / 2000.005
    211250.00 / 2500.00
    222000.00 / 4000.005
    233000.00 / 6000.005
    244000.00 / 8000.005
    255000.00 / 10000.005
    edit* looking from a ££££ pov i'd have thought having faster jumps inside the rebuy period would make more money too £$£$£$£$£$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$£££££££££££££££££££££££££

• edited February 2017
    Posted by Sky__James

Good stuff, pleased you got my PM. Thanks for doing this.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Good stuff, pleased you got my PM. Thanks for doing this.
    Posted by MattBates
    lol see what you did there :)
  • edited March 2017

As & from tonight, the Hitman Guarantee is reduced to £8,000.
  • edited March 2017
    As & from tonight, the Hitman Guarantee is reduced to £8,000.
    Posted by Tikay10

Sad to see, but I'm sure Hitman will be back bigger and better soon enough.