You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : This is not what you have said in your most recent posts?
    Posted by HAYSIE
    My most recent posts as to the Bounty Hunter Champion Main Event Guarantees were exactly correct. See the very first Post by me at the top of Page 11. They also exactly reflect the facts & the Promo Page, HERE 

My most recent posts as to the Bounty Hunter Champion High Roller Guarantees were exactly correct. See the very last Post by me at the bottom of Page 10. They also exactly reflect the facts & the Promo Page,
    HERE

In real life, I love you to bits Tony, despite your ample gerthytude, obduracytude, Welshytude, dogwithaboneytude (pun alert) & oldageytude, but I'm over & out on this sort of pantomime "oh yes you did" "oh no you didn't".  If I misled you, or posted incorrectly, I'm sorry. I don't believe I did, & if I did, does it really matter? 

After you Claude.

No no, after YOU Gertrude.
  • edited January 2017

Why did the DAILY £10,000 G'tee BH Champion £110 High Roller @ 1945 struggle?

Why did the DAILY £10,000 G'tee BH Champion £33 Main Event @ 2000 struggle?

With the ability to look through our crystal clear rear view mirror, I think they cannibalized each other.

They used to have all week to qualify players for the £110 Sunday Major, & it did not run parallel to a £33 Main Event.

Now, during BH Champion, & ONLY during BH Champion, there is a daily £110 & a DAILY £33 15 minutes apart.  Too close, & not enough time to qualify enough players.

The Bounty Hunter champion Promo runs until Sunday of next week (29th Jan).

Over & out.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : My most recent posts as to the Bounty Hunter Champion Main Event Guarantees were exactly correct. See the very first Post by me at the top of Page 11. They also exactly reflect the facts & the Promo Page, HERE   My most recent posts as to the Bounty Hunter Champion High Roller Guarantees were exactly correct. See the very last Post by me at the bottom of Page 10. They also exactly reflect the facts & the Promo Page, HERE In real life, I love you to bits Tony, despite your ample gerthytude, obduracytude, Welshytude, dogwithaboneytude (pun alert) & oldageytude, but I'm over & out on this sort of pantomime "oh yes you did" "oh no you didn't".  If I misled you, or posted incorrectly, I'm sorry. I don't believe I did, & if I did, does it really matter?  After you Claude.   No no, after YOU Gertrude.
    Posted by Tikay10
     Sorry Tikay, I just didnt realise that there were seperate guarantees for each of the two tournaments, and that the guarantees were applicable for different days.

• edited January 2017
    What I want know is:  Who rattled Haysie's cage?

I think the 745 needed to attract new players on a regular basis and the BH champ prize pool did not do this.  If there was a couple of grand up top each week then numbers may have grown.

On the question of starting stacks, I would like to ask Sky_James this:  Why do some all-in sats have a 1,000 starting stack and others a 2,000 starting stack?  Huh?  Is it:
    a) So there is more play in the higher buy-in all-in sats?
    b) To confuse Haysie even more?
    c) To generate action on a thread in the forum so that Tikay can delight everyone by replying with his highly tuned wit and repartee?

• edited January 2017
    What I want know is:  Who rattled Haysie's cage? I think the 745 needed to attract new players on a regular basis and the BH champ prize pool did not do this.  If there was a couple of grand up top each week then numbers may have grown. On the question of starting stacks, I would like to ask Sky_James this:  Why do some all-in sats have a 1,000 starting stack and others a 2,000 starting stack?  Huh?  Is it: a) So there is more play in the higher buy-in all-in sats? b) To confuse Haysie even more? c) To generate action on a thread in the forum so that Tikay can delight everyone by replying with his highly tuned wit and repartee?
    Posted by SoLack
    personally Paul I think the revised enrty template may have been used in determining the chances of players playing an all in sat with a higher starting stack

:D:D:D 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread :  Sorry Tikay, I just didnt realise that there were seperate guarantees for each of the two tournaments, and that the guarantees were applicable for different days.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    No worries M8. 

• edited January 2017
    What I want know is:  Who rattled Haysie's cage? I think the 745 needed to attract new players on a regular basis and the BH champ prize pool did not do this.  If there was a couple of grand up top each week then numbers may have grown. On the question of starting stacks, I would like to ask Sky_James this:  Why do some all-in sats have a 1,000 starting stack and others a 2,000 starting stack?  Huh?  Is it: a) So there is more play in the higher buy-in all-in sats? b) To confuse Haysie even more? c) To generate action on a thread in the forum so that Tikay can delight everyone by replying with his highly tuned wit and repartee?
    Posted by SoLack
    Please dont confuse me any more.

• edited January 2017
    Not played much on Sky before but really enjoying it so far! MTT schedule is good fun - sorry if this has been covered to death, but any idea what nightly mains will be after BH promotion has ended? 
  • edited January 2017
    Not played much on Sky before but really enjoying it so far! MTT schedule is good fun - sorry if this has been covered to death, but any idea what nightly mains will be after BH promotion has ended?  
    Posted by Angmar2626
    Hi Angmar,

Glad you are enjoying it on Sky Poker.

I imagine the post BH Champion Main Event schedule will be announced towards the end of this week.

Largely speaking - but not entirely - I think it will reflect the schedule before that Promo commenced.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Hi Angmar, Glad you are enjoying it on Sky Poker. I imagine the post BH Champion Main Event schedule will be announced towards the end of this week.   Largely speaking - but not entirely - I think it will reflect the schedule before that Promo commenced.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Great, thanks!
  • edited January 2017

With Bounty Hunter Champion now ended, the MTT Schedule of Main & Mini Events now revert to, largely, what they were previously.

This is what they will look like as & from today;

MAIN EVENTS (2000)

Monday - £8,000 Marksman

Tuesday - £6,000 Iceman

Wednesday - £8,000 Predator

Thursday - £10,000 Hitman

Friday - £10,000 Avenger

Saturday - £10,000 Sharpshooter

Sunday - £15,000 Sunday Major

Mini Events (2030)

Monday - £2,500 Marksman

Tuesday - £1,500 Iceman

Wednesday - £2,500 Predator

Thursday - £2,500 Hitman

Friday - £3,000 Avenger

Saturday - £2,500 Sharpshooter

Sunday - £2,000 Mini Major

• edited January 2017

The £10,000 Sky High Bounty Hunter has been removed for the time being.

On Tuesdays, a £110, £8,000 Guaranteed Summit will run.
  • edited January 2017

The 9pm slot will be a £55 entry, £2,500 Guarantee Sheriff every night EXCEPT Tuesday, when Summit will run instead of Sheriff.
  • edited January 2017

At 9.30pm every night, that popular £1,000 Guaranteed £3.30 Bounty Hunter Rebuy will run, now labelled "Reload Rebuy Bounty Hunter".
  • edited January 2017
    Will any deepies run as a lot of people seem bounty huntered out 
  • edited January 2017
    Will any deepies run as a lot of people seem bounty huntered out 
    Posted by Darkangel7
    A quick peruse suggests there are 6 or 7 today, including, of course, the three DTD Freezeouts.
  • edited January 2017
    With Bounty Hunter Champion now ended, the MTT Schedule of Main & Mini Events now revert to, largely, what they were previously. This is what they will look like as & from today; MAIN EVENTS (2000) Monday - £8,000 Marksman Tuesday - £6,000 Iceman Wednesday - £8,000 Predator Thursday - £10,000 Hitman Friday - £10,000 Avenger Saturday - £10,000 Sharpshooter Sunday - £15,000 Sunday Major Mini Events (2030) Monday - £2,500 Marksman Tuesday - £1,500 Iceman Wednesday - £2,500 Predator Thursday - £2,500 Hitman Friday - £3,000 Avenger Saturday - £2,500 Sharpshooter Sunday - £2,000 Mini Major  
    Posted by Tikay10

What is different? All looks the same to me!
  • edited January 2017

^^^

Probably.

Anyway, Kirsty has updated the Tournament Schedule page,
    HERE
  • edited January 2017

There are still F/rolls in the lobby for the HR BH? 

When will the megastacks be back?

• edited January 2017
    I've been away from Sky for a longgg time, and last time I was here the mains were just...

33bh
    Turbo tuesday
    Wednesday rebuy
    33bh
    33bh
    33bh
    Roller

What do all of these names mean just so I know which ones I'd most like to play (without having to check the lobby for the main each day), is there a list/page anywhere that actually explains the names?

I'm guessing Iceman is a freezout? Marksman, Predator, Hitman, Avenger, Sharpshooter, no idea what they mean, all just different names for a BH? Is the Sunday Major just a renamed Roller?

Ty in advance

• edited January 2017
    There are still F/rolls in the lobby for the HR BH?  When will the megastacks be back?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The HR BH Freerolls have gone now, several people already contacted me about those. They are just default templates, the Lobby is re-populated for the coming week every Monday morning, but last week's are usually there until that is completed.

I have no idea as to "Megastacks".

• edited January 2017
    I've been away from Sky for a longgg time, and last time I was here the mains were just... 33bh Turbo tuesday Wednesday rebuy 33bh 33bh 33bh Roller What do all of these names mean just so I know which ones I'd most like to play (without having to check the lobby for the main each day), is there a list/page anywhere that actually explains the names? I'm guessing Iceman is a freezout? Marksman, Predator, Hitman, Avenger, Sharpshooter, no idea what they mean, all just different names for a BH? Is the Sunday Major just a renamed Roller? Ty in advance
    Posted by Lambert180
    Probably best just to check the Lobby each day, Paul.

Yes, the Sunday Major used to be called the Super Roller.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Probably best just to check the Lobby each day, Paul. Yes, the Sunday Major used to be called the Super Roller.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh ok, fair enough.

I meant is the Sunday Major actually the exact same comp (stack/blinds etc) as the Roller but just under a new name.

I'm guessing the Tuesday main doesn't go into the lobby until Tuesday, and same for all mains?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Sigh ok, fair enough. I meant is the Sunday Major actually the exact same comp (stack/blinds etc) as the Roller but just under a new name. I'm guessing the Tuesday main doesn't go into the lobby until Tuesday, and same for all mains?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Sorry, why "sigh" Paul?

I honestly don't know if the Sunday Major & the Super Roller have/had identical structures. The Lobby for the Sunday Major is HERE so that may assist you.

Most Main Events go in the Lobby "on the day".
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Sorry, why "sigh" Paul? I honestly don't know if the Sunday Major & the Super Roller have/had identical structures. The Lobby for the Sunday Major is HERE  so that may assist you.   Most Main Events go in the Lobby "on the day".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Don't mind me, it's just me being lazy, I was hoping someone (more likely a reg who grinds all the mains week in week out) could just say...

Monday = rebuy
    Tuesday = BH
    Wednesday = deepstack
    Thursday = BH
    Friday = BH
    Saturday = Turbo
    Sunday = Roller

or similar. As it happens Bates has messaged me with that now so I'm all sorted. 

Thanks for your help. I've just been playing DYMs for a few weeks to kick off the rust from my poker game and now fancy getting back into MTTs properly
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Don't mind me, it's just me being lazy, I was hoping someone (more likely a reg who grinds all the mains week in week out) could just say... Monday = rebuy Tuesday = BH Wednesday = deepstack Thursday = BH Friday = BH Saturday = Turbo Sunday = Roller or similar. As it happens Bates has messaged me with that now so I'm all sorted.  Thanks for your help. I've just been playing DYMs for a few weeks to kick off the rust from my poker game and now fancy getting back into MTTs properly
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yup, I kinda guessed that......

;)
  • edited January 2017
    Is gold rush dead?
  • edited January 2017
    Is gold rush dead?
    Posted by MattBates
    Not so much dead, as not very well. 

It may, or may not, return.

• edited January 2017
    Is gold rush dead?
    Posted by MattBates
    How do you like the sound of the new and improved gold rush bounty hunter?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : How do you like the sound of the new and improved gold rush bounty hunter?
    Posted by Sky__James
    I find the sats a bit boring, could we make them bounty hunters too?