You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited October 2016

Reduced Guarantees

These are with immediate effect.

Monday to Thursday ONLY

SHERIFF reduced to £2,500

QUICKDRAW reduced to £1,500

GOLD RUSH reduced to £1,000

___

Tuesday

ICEMAN reduced to £6,000

____

Sunday

SUPER REBUY reduced to £6,000

• edited October 2016

Those reductions above are part of the fettling & tweaking taking part almost daily, as the new Schedule beds in.

Traffic has been really good, but some of the new Guarantees were a bit ambitious, & a bit soon.

The plan - all being well - is to stick with those that are struggling a little longer with reduced Guarantees, & then, as the seasonality kicks in, & players get more comfy with the what, when & how much of the new schedule, raise the Guarantees again.

Be really interesting to see the numbers n this week's Sunday Major - last Sunday it was 70% above what it was a month ago, & in fact the highest non-UKOPS Super Roller (as was) field for 18 months.  

• edited December 2016
    What is the reasoning behind the removal of the £5 Deep stack at 7.45pm? 

I have often played them and they seem to make the guarantee so can't see why they would be taken off the schedule?

Maybe I am missing something.
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    What is the reasoning behind the removal of the £5 Deep stack at 7.45pm?  I have often played them and they seem to make the guarantee so can't see why they would be taken off the schedule? Maybe I am missing something.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Hi Pete,

Yes, a little unfortunate for those that enjoyed this one, but it was removed for tactical reasons.

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Hi Pete, Yes, a little unfortunate for those that enjoyed this one, but it was removed for tactical reasons.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Tactical reasons?

Ever the optimst (being a Lecester fan, it does work, look at last season!) I will assume that tactical reasons mean because there is something even better in the pipelne for those of us who like reasonably priced Deep Stacks :)

• edited January 2017
    Wondered if there was any news on MTT Deepstacks?

I know there is a £2.20 one in the evening which attracts a reasonable field but wondered if any at the £5 or higher were bring considered, even if they were only a few times a week rather than daily.

While I accept Sky's main selling point is six max tables and Bounty Hunters,  there are loyal Sky players who like to p!ay other things as well.
  • edited January 2017
    Wondered if there was any news on MTT Deepstacks? I know there is a £2.20 one in the evening which attracts a reasonable field but wondered if any at the £5 or higher were bring considered, even if they were only a few times a week rather than daily. While I accept Sky's main selling point is six max tables and Bounty Hunters,  there are loyal Sky players who like to p!ay other things as well.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Not that I am aware of Pete, but I'll ask the question in the morning.

Think we both know the likely answer, but it's a fair question, so I will ask. 
  • edited January 2017
    I'm sure there is often a £5.50 £200 deepstack that runs at 20:15. Can't remember what day/s though
  • edited January 2017
    There used to be Waller but not any more, hence the question. 
  • edited January 2017
    There was last week mate, I'm 90% sure
  • edited January 2017
    If there was my apologies and that's great news. They had been running every night and were then removed.

Quite possible I have missed them and am wrong but all I have seen on the schedule are £1 and £2 Deepststacks.
  • edited January 2017

Hi Pete,

There is a £5.50 Freezeout every night at 9pm, though it's not a Deep Stack (it has 2,000 starting chips),
    HERE

I fear the issue is that it's hard to get enough players to play "regular" Deepstacks these days. If I were still playing MTT's, that's what I'd play, as I'm not into all this Fancy Dan stuff, but the times they are a changing, as Mr Dylan famously sung, or, more correctly, wailed.    
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Pete, There is a £5.50 Freezeout every night at 9pm, though it's not a Deep Stack (it has 2,000 starting chips), HERE I fear the issue is that it's hard to get enough players to play "regular" Deepstacks these days. If I were still playing MTT's, that's what I'd play, as I'm not into all this Fancy Dan stuff, but the times they are a changing, as Mr Dylan famously sung, or, more correctly, wailed.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi, yes I do play that when I can but as you say it's not a Deepstack. The lack of Deepststacks is a shame but not a lot I can do about it and the fact I have seen no other posts bemoaning their demise suggests I am in the minority!

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Bounty Hunters but not all the time.
  • edited January 2017
    There is one tonight at 20;15 £200gtd £5.50

Thought I'd seen it last week.
  • edited January 2017
    There is one tonight at 20;15 £200gtd £5.50 Thought I'd seen it last week.
    Posted by waller02
    Thanks - typically that's the one night I am normally out so can't play. 

I will zip it on the subject now I promise ☺☺
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Thanks - typically that's the one night I am normally out so can't play.  I will zip it on the subject now I promise ☺☺
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Fwiw, I agree with you on this anyway, don't see why it can't be run nightly.

Cheers for running the Naps league again by the way, really enjoyed it last year.
  • edited January 2017
    The 7:45 £11 BH could this be made a 1k gtee BH and also the 8:15pm through out the whole week (during the winter)

Also, Could the 11:30 at the weekend Fri and Sat, also be made a £1k Gtee normal structure bh like the 11pm and 12:30pm.

These MTT's always seem to smash their gtees,so pretty sure the 11:30 would also do very well as it historically did until its relegation to a £500 turbo mtt.

• edited January 2017

The Bounty Hunter Champion High Roller, which runs at 1945 every night until January 29th, will now be a £10,000 Guarantee 6 nights per week, & £15,000 on a Sunday.

Previously it was £15,000 on Saturday & Sunday, but unforch, on Saturdays it was missing the G'tee by some way allowing for the Freebies that were given away, so Saturday has been reduced to £10,000. Sunday remains at £15,000.
  • edited January 2017

The Bounty Hunter Champion High Roller continues to struggle, & so for weeks 3 & 4 the Guarantees will be as follows:

Monday to Friday High Roller, £8,000.

Saturday & Sunday will remain as per previous post, that is to say £10,000 on Saturdays & £15,000 on Sundays.

• edited January 2017

The Main Event is a headache, too, so for weeks 3 & 4 (which starts on Monday), the Bounty Hunter Champion Main Event Guarantees will be;

Mondays through Wednesday - £8,000

Thursday through Sunday - £10,000
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to MTT changes & discussion thread:
    Morning all. As most of you know by now, Sky Poker are revamping the MTT Schedule. It's well overdue, & has to be done, & once it is all sorted, the MTT schedule here will be better, more logically arranged & timed, & better presented. So if you have ANY questions, observations as & when changes happen, or, Heaven forbid, complaints, please post them on this thread. The Suits WILL read this thread daily, & if anything major arises during the changes, & you guys let us know, I'll send it straight upstairs.   Doing it this way will be far more efficient for both sides of the table, & help us all - players & business alike - get through the MTT Revamp more comfortably, & I'll happily explain why any particular MTT has been moved, changed, re-packaged or dropped.   It's a 2 way process - the players & The Business, Working together, we CAN make it better. And we will.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have made a couple of points on another thread, but not asked them as questions.
    How many tournaments each day with a £22 or more buy in are not bounty hunters?
    Why arent the starting stacks relative to the buy ins, ie £33, £55, and £110 buy ins all have a 5,000 chip starting stack.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to MTT changes & discussion thread : I have made a couple of points on another thread, but not asked them as questions. How many tournaments each day with a £22 or more buy in are not bounty hunters? Why arent the starting stacks relative to the buy ins, ie £33, £55, and £110 buy ins all have a 5,000 chip starting stack.
    Posted by HAYSIE

The structure and levels are more important than an arbitrary starting stack figure no?

You want £110s to start with 15k+?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : The structure and levels are more important than an arbitrary starting stack figure no? You want £110s to start with 15k+?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I was thinking more in terms of 10,000 as per the main event every Sunday prior to the changes.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : The structure and levels are more important than an arbitrary starting stack figure no? You want £110s to start with 15k+?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    And does practically every tournament have to be a bounty hunter?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : I was thinking more in terms of 10,000 as per the main event every Sunday prior to the changes.
    Posted by HAYSIE

But thats the flagship weekly MTT for the site and understandably carries a different start stack to every other MTT in the schedule.

Agree about there being loads, maybe too many, bounty hunters but if its what the people want then it's what Sky are gonna do.
  • edited January 2017
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    When we had the £110 on a Sunday with 10,000 starting chips which had been running for ages and seemed a good tournament, Sky brought in a £220 buy in on a Tuesday with only a 5,000 starting stack?
    And now all the £110 buy ins just have a 5,000 starting stack.
    I dont think that the structure or levels have changed.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : When we had the £110 on a Sunday with 10,000 starting chips which had been running for ages and seemed a good tournament, Sky brought in a £220 buy in on a Tuesday with only a 5,000 starting stack? And now all the £110 buy ins just have a 5,000 starting stack. I dont think that the structure or levels have changed.
    Posted by HAYSIE

I'm really not sure what the point is? Should £55 DYMs start with 10k stacks and £5 DYMs start with the standard 2k?

I think the Roller is back from next month so will return as the flagship weekly MTT for the site boasting the biggest starting stack and longest structure.

You obviously equate buy in to start stack but I'm not sure they are mutually exclusive.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : But thats the flagship weekly MTT for the site and understandably carries a different start stack to every other MTT in the schedule. Agree about there being loads, maybe too many, bounty hunters but if its what the people want then it's what Sky are gonna do.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You surely cant be arguing that it makes sense for Sky to take the Flagship event, that was run once per week, maintain the levels and structure, halve the starting stack, charge the same buy in, reduce the guarantee by one third, change the format to a bounty hunter, and run it every night?
    The two main events every day start within 15 mins of each other of each other have practically the same levels, exactly the same starting stack, and buy ins of £33 and £110 respectively?
    Bounty hunters seem to be popular, but just bounty hunters?
    The rebuy seemed to be popular as did the cheap main event on a Tuesday.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : You surely cant be arguing that it makes sense for Sky to take the Flagship event, that was run once per week, maintain the levels and structure, halve the starting stack, charge the same buy in, reduce the guarantee by one third, change the format to a bounty hunter, and run it every night? The two main events every day start within 15 mins of each other of each other have practically the same levels, exactly the same starting stack, and buy ins of £33 and £110 respectively? Bounty hunters seem to be popular, but just bounty hunters? The rebuy seemed to be popular as did the cheap main event on a Tuesday.
    Posted by HAYSIE

I really don't understand?

The Roller bears no relation to the nightly £110 BH I don't think? The latter is just for the January promo, I'm sure I've seen Tikay say elsewhere that the roller will be back as normal in February.

By comparing the £110 BH thats been introduced for this promo to the weekly roller is like comparing apples and pears. They are 2 totally seperate MTTs and just cos they share the same buy in (or fruit bowl) doesn't mean they should have identical levels, structures, guarantees or starting stacks.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : You surely cant be arguing that it makes sense for Sky to take the Flagship event, that was run once per week, maintain the levels and structure, halve the starting stack, charge the same buy in, reduce the guarantee by one third, change the format to a bounty hunter, and run it every night? The two main events every day start within 15 mins of each other of each other have practically the same levels, exactly the same starting stack, and buy ins of £33 and £110 respectively? Bounty hunters seem to be popular, but just bounty hunters? The rebuy seemed to be popular as did the cheap main event on a Tuesday.
    Posted by HAYSIE
    The two tournaments you've mentioned Haysie are part of the BH Champion promotion so I think ATM that in itself answers your question