You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : The Suits are aware, & can measure, the effect of Site Issues. There was a big headache on Friday night, which was before the new Schedule launched, so there may have been a bit of a hangover from that. The Adobe issue remains a problem, but the negative effect is now very small indeed.   I do plan to push back a little to Sam & James about some of these changes, & maybe that might change a few things. Or not. I've not written to them yet though, been a bit busy. The main thing is to remember that anything can be changed, & a lot of stuff will be changed, as they go along. That's why the Feedback is so useful. The MTT Schedule has been largely unchanged in 6 or 7 years, maybe more, it needed a radical overhaul.  That's not something which started on Saturday & that's that, job done - it is a work-in-progress which will continue for many months. We are just 3 days into that at the moment, so plenty of time to sort the wheat from the chaff.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Agreed. Not knocking anything here, just giving feed back.

When is the ukops blurb coming out? I see seats  being included in tonights f/roll but no tab/lobbies yet.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Agreed. Not knocking anything here, just giving feed back. When is the ukops blurb coming out? I see seats  being included in tonights f/roll but no tab/lobbies yet.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Soon.........
  • edited October 2016
    Disappointing to me to see the 23:00 turbo abandoned and the midnight express changed to a BH without giving them time to bed in.

Has the new payout structure (for some non BH events) been posted somewhere, or if not could it be please?
  • edited October 2016
    Disappointing to me to see the 23:00 turbo abandoned and the midnight express changed to a BH without giving them time to bed in. Has the new payout structure (for some non BH events) been posted somewhere, or if not could it be please?
    Posted by SoLack
    Hi Paul,

I'm otherwise engaged right now, but will post the new payout structures, which tournaments they have been applied to, and the rationale, later this evening.
  • edited October 2016

there were 2 games yesterday that paid more places; 20:45 and 21:30

sunday there were 7 paying more places

saturday 4

james indicated that these were freezeouts.  they are, afaik

• edited October 2016
    I have already mentioned that I think there is room for the 20:15 £11 BH in the schedule, even if the gtd is reduced down to £750, although on Friday, Saturday and Sundays it regularly hit 120 runners.

It was put back in on Friday last week, but late reg was only for 4 levels so effectively missed out on 25 extra minutes late reg (2 levels, plus the 5 minute break) and it still got 96 runners. If I log on just after 8.30pm then there aren't any mid stake non-turbo games to play until 9.30pm. Early in the week I don't generally want to start a non-turbo MTT too late knowing I have work the next day.

Will Sky consider bringing back the 20:15 £11 BH?

Overall new schedule looks good, like the reduced reg fee for the low buy-in tournies and the removal of reg fee from the add-on and rebuy's, really good move.

Thanks
    Greg.
  • edited October 2016
    This 20:15 bounty hunter has been in and out like a yo-yo. After doing some analysis I agree there is room for a £1,000 version on a weekend. I will put in a £750 version mon-thurs. I'll increase late reg too.
    Thanks for the feedback
  • edited October 2016
    Really liking the new MTT schedules.

I'm looking forward to Friday night and the new Reload Main Event.

Generally nothing to complain about, even double points for MTT's.

Long may this new strategy and schedule continue.

• edited October 2016
    Disappointing to me to see the 23:00 turbo abandoned and the midnight express changed to a BH without giving them time to bed in. Has the new payout structure (for some non BH events) been posted somewhere, or if not could it be please?
    Posted by SoLack
    Morning Paul,

Sorry I never got back to you last night, a few things went off elsewhere & I got waylaid.

The payout structures on Bounty Hunters remains completely unchanged. Quite right too, imo.

A 15% payout structure has now been applied to the big Freezeouts & rebuys, such as Sunday Major, Iceman, Reload, Gold Rush etc. I assume this applies to Sky High Roller, too. Am currently unsure if it applies to the smaller MTT's, but I'll let you know soonest.

Last Night's "Mini" attracted 360 runners, with 60 being paid, which is just over 15%. The Minimum Payout was £8.20, which is roughly 50% profit on the £5.50 Buy-In.   

In my personal opinion, FWIW (not much....), I think this is exactly what Sky Poker should be doing, & I applaud them for it. Not everyone will agree, obviously, but that's where we are as of now.   

• edited October 2016

^^^^

Just to finalise the Payouts question, as I now have all the info.

Bounty Hunters all remain unchanged.

All Freezeouts & rebuys (with 2 exceptions) now pay 15% of the field.

The 2 exception are the Sky High Roller & Super Rebuy. In both cases, these tend to attract a different profile of player, & these guys do prefer more up top & less places paid.  

• edited October 2016
    This 20:15 bounty hunter has been in and out like a yo-yo. After doing some analysis I agree there is room for a £1,000 version on a weekend. I will put in a £750 version mon-thurs. I'll increase late reg too. Thanks for the feedback
    Posted by Sky__James
    Brilliant, thanks James. You wouldn't get that service on any other Poker site. Better make sure I play it tonight!

Thanks
    Greg.
  • edited October 2016
  • edited October 2016
    Interesting and informative thread, where feedack obviously is being looked at and considered.

Doubt many sites would do that so credit when it's due Sky - nice one.
  • edited October 2016
    I love the choice of games available and hope Sky persist even if some guarantees are dropped.  There are too many for me tto be able to play them all especially at the peak between 8pm and 1030 ish. 

However there is still a small gap for me at tea tiem/early evening.  I prefer £21+ buy ins and there is nothing between the 6pm BH and 730pm BH.  Something turboish at 530 or 7 would be ideal :)
  • edited October 2016

Payout Structures

Just want to conform the position on these now.

With the exceptions of.....

1) Bounty Hunters

2) The £220 Sky High Roller

ALL Sky Poker MTT's now pay 15% of the field.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Any news on more of these? I think these would make a great addition to the schedule. Hourly I expect they would do well. In reply to if there is a demand? You won't know until you try them? Sky Sam etc to comment please???
    Posted by CraigSG1

BUMP 
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : BUMP 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    I think you need to wait a bit of time for everyone to settle into the new schedule before more things are added. 
  • edited October 2016
    So if a player plays 2 tournaments and gets the minimum payout on a min cash in 1 and doesnt cash other, they make a loss.Doesnt sound like too much fun for any player, pro or not.

Hopefully these payouts dont feature during ukops at least.
  • edited October 2016
    So if a player plays 2 tournaments and gets the minimum payout on a min cash in 1 and doesnt cash other, they make a loss.Doesnt sound like too much fun for any player, pro or not. Hopefully these payouts dont feature during ukops at least.
    Posted by Arrogant
    The 150% Payout Structure is in place for UKOPS & beyond. (Except Bounty Hunters & Sky High Roller)

As always, Sky Poker will listen to their players, & examine the Data, & if something is amiss, they'll change it.

The Min Cash in, say, last Sunday's £110 Roller was, for the record, about £160 I believe. 

So yes, if you play 2 & Min Cash in 1, you'd be down overall.

Equally, if you min cash in 1, you'd be better off, as with the 10% Payout Structure you'd have got zero previously.

And if you min cashed in 2, you'd be loads better off than previously.  

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : The 150% Payout Structure is in place for UKOPS & beyond. (Except Bounty Hunters & Sky High Roller) As always, Sky Poker will listen to their players, & examine the Data, & if something is amiss, they'll change it.   The Min Cash in, say, last Sunday's £110 Roller was, for the record, about £160 I believe.  So yes, if you play 2 & Min Cash in 1, you'd be down overall. Equally, if you min cash in 1, you'd be better off, as with the 10% Payout Structure you'd have got zero previously. And if you min cashed in 2, you'd be loads better off than previously.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Love Sky, always leading the way in the poker world.
  • edited October 2016
    If the Megastack does make a triumphant return, then please look at and adjust the structure.

It starts off stupidly deep, then gets stupidly shallow at the business end. Really no need for the 10/20 and 15/30 level, could also lose the 20/40 level and start it at 25/50 but add in levels like 250/500 and 500/1000 to give it a better flow.

Really no need to start 500bb deep.
  • edited October 2016
    ^^^^ Just to finalise the Payouts question, as I now have all the info. Bounty Hunters all remain unchanged.   All Freezeouts & rebuys (with 2 exceptions) now pay 15% of the field.   The 2 exception are the Sky High Roller & Super Rebuy. In both cases, these tend to attract a different profile of player, & these guys do prefer more up top & less places paid.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I dont know if all sky tournaments are paying 15% of the field- but the recent PL08 tournaments i've played are still paying 10%.

can we get an answer on whether this is corrret?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : I dont know if all sky tournaments are paying 15% of the field- but the recent PL08 tournaments i've played are still paying 10%. can we get an answer on whether this is corrret?
    Posted by suzy666
    Hi Mr Suzy,

Good question.

It's either deliberate, for some reason, or, when amending all the payout templates, they simply forgot to amend the PLO8 stuff.

I'll ask the question & let you know.

• edited October 2016

^^^^

Hi again Suzy,

Going forward, the PLo8 MTT's will pay 15% of the field, just as all other qualifying MTT's have recently started to do.

Thanks for the nudge.

• edited October 2016

RELOAD (Rebuy)

The Guarantee on this has been reduced to £1,000 with immediate effect.

Also, it will no longer run on a Friday, which is already well served by Rebuys.
  • edited October 2016

Bounty Hunter @ 21.30 

Guarantee reduced to £1,500 on Monday thro Thursday ONLY.

Guarantee remains at £2,000 Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
  • edited October 2016
    Hi Tikay,
    I apologize wholeheartedley for my last post when I said 'think again TK'. I have mistakenly thought for many years that you were the big boss of a team running the Poker site for Sky. After seeing your reply I realise I could not have been more wrong.
    I have always held your good self in the highest esteem, and you have obviously performed your role as advisor to the heirachy to the highest possible standards because Sky Poker is miles ahead of the competition when it comes to friendliness and response to the players feedback. In fact if there was an award for Ultimate Ambassador of Poker then you would get my vote every tlme, and I'm sure it would be the same from my fellow players. Once again sorry, and keep up the good work.

• edited October 2016
    Hi Tikay, I apologize wholeheartedley for my last post when I said 'think again TK'. I have mistakenly thought for many years that you were the big boss of a team running the Poker site for Sky. After seeing your reply I realise I could not have been more wrong. I have always held your good self in the highest esteem, and you have obviously performed your role as advisor to the heirachy to the highest possible standards because Sky Poker is miles ahead of the competition when it comes to friendliness and response to the players feedback. In fact if there was an award for Ultimate Ambassador of Poker then you would get my vote every tlme, and I'm sure it would be the same from my fellow players. Once again sorry, and keep up the good work.
    Posted by jawzindawz
    Good Lord, what a lovely post, thank you very much.

All I do is here is try to communicate stuff both ways - players to Business, & vice versa. It would be optimistic in the extreme to suggest many of them listen, or I have any influence.

I do love helping both sides of the table understand each other better though, & I very much enjoy helping the players where & when I can.

I'm well made up with your post, might just send it up to those pesky suits.

Thanks Bud, really appreciated.

• edited October 2016
    8.45pm Gold Rush

I think this is a great tourny, but as I have cashed in 4 out of 7 starts, I would wouldn't I. It is struggling with numbers, between 120 and 140 for £1,500 guarantee. Perhaps the guarantee will be cut, I hope not. The structure is good and perhaps the numbers could improve if it started earlier.

A suggestion. Change the start time to 7.45pm and move the 7.45pm £500 guarantee BH to 8.45pm. The 7.45pm BH bearly makes 50 anyway.

Just a thought.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Good Lord, what a lovely post, thank you very much. All I do is here is try to communicate stuff both ways - players to Business, & vice versa. It would be optimistic in the extreme to suggest many of them listen, or I have any influence.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Yeah, But you do it VERY well!  I know it's not always appreciated (mea culpa)  
    Springs to mind.........