You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Hi mate, Good to share a few tables with you recently. I'm not sure of the answer to that at the mo - I seem to have lost the Spready the Office sent me after I saved it in a secret place & then forgot where it was.... I'll get back to you.   If they HAVE disappeared, don't panic. Everything is open to discussion & review, & nothing is cast in stone.  They will want to give the new schedule a bit of time to bed in, but be assured, some mistakes & errors will occur, & if need be will be corrected.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Excellent thanks Tikay

Look forward to seeing you in the PO8's soon
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread:
    ^^^^ The Lobby is changing, too. This can't be done in one go, it will happen piece by piece, in the next week or so. Amongst other things, the "Regular" Tab will disappear completely. In it's place will be a Tab which just shows the 8 or 10 biggest MTT's each day.   It's a sort of halfway house at the moment, so for now, the best thing to do is untick "REGULAR" (by clicking " ALL ") , & then you'll see all your usual MTT's.   A good example of this was that last night several players could not find their PLO8 MTT's, & we had a bit of a palaver sorting them out.   To see the difference it makes, try going to.... Tournaments /> Omaha Hi Lo. If you gave "REGULAR" ticked, it just shows TWO MTT's.   Click "ALL" instead, & you'll see FIVE MTT's.   All this is just temporary, whilst they move from old one to the new layout. It'll all be in place by October 1st.  Probably.         
    Posted by Tikay10
    I play on an iPad, there in no ALL button. So no lower buy in mtt's for me . Is anyone else in the same boat?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : I play on an iPad, there in no ALL button. So no lower buy in mtt's for me . Is anyone else in the same boat?
    Posted by lufc333
    Hi lufc,

There are or were some transitional problems with the App Lobby, which I believe will be resolved by the time the new schedule is fully introduced on October 1st.

However, I've just opened my App thing, & I can see MTT's priced at £1.10, £2.20, & £5.50.

Have you UNTICKED the "Regular" Tab? You MUST untick that at the moment on the App, during this transitional period.

Let me know if that works for you.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : Hi lufc, There are or were some transitional problems with the App Lobby, which I believe will be resolved by the time the new schedule is fully introduced on October 1st.   However, I've just opened my App thing, & I can see MTT's priced at £1.10, £2.20, & £5.50. Have you UNTICKED the "Regular" Tab? You MUST untick that at the moment on the App, during this transitional period. Let me know if that works for you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I only play on browser, unticking regular dosen't work. Only 2 mtt's are showing both £3.30. Thanks for your reply. Cheers 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : I only play on browser, unticking regular dosen't work. Only 2 mtt's are showing both £3.30. Thanks for your reply. Cheers 
    Posted by lufc333
    I'm not very techy, to be honest, but I did not even know we could play via IPad on the Browser version, & I'm not sure why we would want to.

If I may ask, if you only play on the Ippy, why don't you use the App?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : I'm not very techy, to be honest, but I did not even know we could play via IPad on the Browser version, & I'm not sure why we would want to. If I may ask, if you only play on the Ippy, why don't you use the App?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Again thanks for the reply. I do normally use the app,but as I'm not currently in the uk I have to use the browser. All should be back to normal when I get back.  Thanks again Cheers
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : Again thanks for the reply. I do normally use the app,but as I'm not currently in the uk I have to use the browser. All should be back to normal when I get back.  Thanks again Cheers
    Posted by lufc333
    Ohh, I seeeee......

I would guess the App does not work outside the UK & RoI, as Sky Poker are not licensed to operate anywhere else, with the exception, I think, of Gibralter & Finland.

Guess I'd best not comment further.

;)
  • edited September 2016

NEW

55p (55 PENCE) Nightly MTT.

7pm each night, £100 Guarantee "Nightly Micro" , 55 pence to enter.

3,000 starting chips, 10 minute blinds. 55 pence.

This one is in the Lobby already, & starts tonight. You can register for it HERE
  • edited September 2016
    What has happened to all the pl08 mtts been busy and today is the 1st proper look i have had. only 5 all day.

Are there more to be added later or is this the new set/daily schedule?

there used to be ---------------------and now there's-------------and on a thursday we have...

12.25pm £3.30 no gtd             12.30pm £3.30 £50 gtd
    2.50pm  £1.10 no gtd              2.45pm £1.10 £20 gtd
    4.25pm £3.30 no gtd                  gone
    7.25pm £5.50 no gtd                  gone                                    7.45pm £1.10 £50 gtd
    7.50pm £1.10 no gtd               815pm £1.10 £20 gtd               8.15pm £5.50 £150 gtd
    8.25pm £5.50 £100gtd            8.30pm £5.50 £100 gtd             8.45pm £2.20 £100 gtd
    9.20pm £1.10 no gtd                 gone                                     9.15pm £1.10 £50 gtd
    10.25pm £3.30 no gtd             10.30pm £3.30 £50 gtd          as well as the daily games

Would it not be easier/better to have the same schedule every night make less work for james as at the moment he has to add the Thursday games on the day also looks a better schedule.

12.30pm £3.30 £30 gtd
    2.45pm £1.10 £20 gtd
    7.45pm £1.10 £30 gtd
    8.15pm £5.50 £100 gtd
    8.45pm £2.20 £50 gtd
    9.15pm £1.10 £30 gtd
    10.25pm £3.30 £30 gtd 

the gtds are just what i think would be met on a daily basis and the 4 games from 7.45-9.15 is a nice wee group of games for those that want too play a few .

sure others will miss the 4.25 & 7.25 games but both never got many players and often never even started.

Maybe some other pl08 mtt players can comment as well with they're ideas and opinion.

But for someone who likes the pl08 mtts and has played plenty of them over the years on sky it seems a big step backwards its not that long ago some of the games above only got 10 runners and now get more than 50 can't see reducing the games on offer helping to keep grow the player pool on sky.

I do like the new structure of the 8.30pm £5.50 as it is set up like the £2.20 game on a Thursday.

Just my thoughts on it all the best churchy18
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Brian, I'll review this shortly. Also, the Thursday schedule runs itself now. No extra work!
  • edited September 2016

£11 Bounty Hunters

Here's the gist of the new £11 Bounty Hunter Schedule;

£300 Guarantee

10.45am & 11.45am (NEW)

£400 Guarantee

2pm & 4pm 

£500 Guarantee

5.45pm (NEW) & 7.45pm

£500 Guarantee Turbo

(Note these are currently labelled as "SPEED" but this will change to "TURBO" shortly.

11pm, 11.30pm, & 00.30am

£1,000 Guaranteed

(weekends only)

11pm & 0030

£2,000 Guaranteed

9.30pm

• edited September 2016

Departed £11 Bounty Hunter (ceased to exist)

£1,000 Guaranteed

11.30pm (Fri & Sat only, will still run rest of the week)
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Brian, I'll review this shortly. Also, the Thursday schedule runs itself now. No extra work!
    Posted by Sky__James
    Thank you james
  • edited September 2016
    Having been away from this forum for a few days I was delighted to log-in today to see the rake on my usual games (£5.00 + fee lunchtime Bounty Hunters) has been cut by a third. Not only that, but the guarantee increased by 25% too, from £400 to £500.

These changes are great news for me, thank-you Sky Poker :)
  • edited September 2016
    Disappointed to see the £11 8:15pm bh'er taken off the schedule.

Not sure the numbers it got regularly but can I ask what was the thinking behind the cancellation of this one?
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Tony

All these changes look great and the schedule seems to suit most ;')

Just to confirm that DTD does have seat prizes which were reinstated over 12 months ago and these will still be offer but maybe different games due to the new changes. 

All details wil be updated in the thread which is pinned at the top of "Poker Chat"

Just one little question, are we any closer to getting MTT Tokens to replace seat entry prizes? 
    It would save on the admin involved with 100 odd seat requests I have a month!!

Thanks and rungolden ;')

Jon
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Tony All these changes look great and the schedule seems to suit most ;') Just to confirm that DTD does have seat prizes which were reinstated over 12 months ago and these will still be offer but maybe different games due to the new changes.  All details wil be updated in the thread which is pinned at the top of "Poker Chat" Just one little question, are we any closer to getting MTT Tokens to replace seat entry prizes?  It would save on the admin involved with 100 odd seat requests I have a month!! Thanks and rungolden ;') Jon
    Posted by j3ono
    Hi Jon,

I'm personally not aware of any intention to change the position with the DTD on Monday's, or the prizes which Sky Poker donate.

As to Tournament Tokens, no, not that I am aware of. It's a lot of work for the Staff, too, processing Free Entries for DTD & the other various Leagues & Forum comps which run, so it'd be an all round win-win thing.

There is, as you know, a £2.30 Token system currently in place, but it only comes in one size, which is £2.30, & for DTD, that would increase the "free cost" as some of the entries are at the £1 level I believe. It would most certainly save on staff costs, though, for sure.  

• edited September 2016
    Departed £11 Bounty Hunters (ceased to exist) £1,000 Guaranteed 8.15pm (daily) 11.30pm (Fri & Sat only)
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi tikay,

you say that the 20:15hrs has ceased to exist, but it is there in the lobby.

i guess the 23:30hrs will run

could you reconcile these please?

• edited September 2016
    Disappointed to see the £11 8:15pm bh'er taken off the schedule. Not sure the numbers it got regularly but can I ask what was the thinking behind the cancellation of this one?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Hi JD,

Well I can only assume it was not getting the numbers. I can't see why they would get rid of any MTT which was regularly covering. They will cull MTT's which don't cover though, or move them to a better time.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : hi tikay, you say that the 20:15hrs has ceased to exist, but it is there in the lobby. i guess the 23:30hrs will run could you reconcile these please?
    Posted by aussie09
    That might be "in transition", Rob. As I noted earlier, these changes are happening bit by bit, between now & October 1st.

I queried the note I got about the 20.15 & 23.30 £11 BH's, & they most certainly said they planned to remove them.

Let's leave it a day or so & see how it settles down, getting from the old to the new is quite a headache, & is happening piece by piece.  

• edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
    There's been a change of plan. The £1,000 8.15pm BH will stay for now. Most changes come into effect the day after they are announced as it's much easier to set up this way.
    And it's just the 11.30pm on friday and saturday that has been culled. 
  • edited September 2016
    okie dokily
    Posted by aussie09
    Ned Flanders in the house :)
  • edited September 2016
    Disappointed to see the £11 8:15pm bh'er taken off the schedule. Not sure the numbers it got regularly but can I ask what was the thinking behind the cancellation of this one?
    Posted by jdsallstar

It seems you may still have this 20.15 £11er. It has been reinstated for the time being, according to a subsequent post by Sky James. 

Apologies, I was not aware of that when I replied to you originally.
  • edited September 2016

I've edited the earlier post about the £11 BH's at 20.15 & 23.30 so as they are now accurate.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Hi Jon, I'm personally not aware of any intention to change the position with the DTD on Monday's, or the prizes which Sky Poker donate. As to Tournament Tokens, no, not that I am aware of. It's a lot of work for the Staff, too, processing Free Entries for DTD & the other various Leagues & Forum comps which run, so it'd be an all round win-win thing. There is, as you know, a £2.30 Token system currently in place, but it only comes in one size, which is £2.30, & for DTD, that would increase the "free cost" as some of the entries are at the £1 level I believe. It would most certainly save on staff costs, though, for sure.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply and food for thought.

Jon
  • edited September 2016
    No worries, thanks for looking into my query Tikay and James.

Think the new schedule looks quite good in general.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi teeks, I know your mega busy and the like but any news on more £3 MTTs and please god keep the early morning ones!!!!!
  • edited September 2016
    I think the changes look great. I think there is a bit of need for a couple of low stakes freezeouts that arn't deepstacks though. The £200 GTD is great fun without all the mental play over a £1.75 bounty to be won. I think sky is great and I dont think I would of ever got into poker like I have if id of just been donking around on any of the other sites :)
  • edited September 2016
    I think the changes look great. I think there is a bit of need for a couple of low stakes freezeouts that arn't deepstacks though. The £200 GTD is great fun without all the mental play over a £1.75 bounty to be won. I think sky is great and I dont think I would of ever got into poker like I have if id of just been donking around on any of the other sites :)
    Posted by The_eggs
    You still do here :)