You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread:
    Please don't ask where have the deepstacks gone on 5 diffrent threads tententen. 1 is enough. Basically I made a mistake but they are all there now and will be every day.
    Posted by Sky__James
    oh no really..... it's as simple as that

what will all the conspiracy theorists and Sky don't like small stakes players and the likes do now

SORT IT OUT SKY lol

nah good man for stepping up to the plate James
  • edited September 2016
    Please don't ask where have the deepstacks gone on 5 diffrent threads tententen. 1 is enough. Basically I made a mistake but they are all there now and will be every day.
    Posted by Sky__James
    I hereby sentence you to eat in a restaurant chosen by SkySam. And may God have mercy on your soul...
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks for the updates teeks

PS hands off the MBI (22:30 £1,500 speed BH)

#just saying
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks for the updates teeks PS hands off the MBI (22:30 £1,500 speed BH) #just saying
    Posted by GELDY
    No chance of that baby disappearing, though if Mr Bates keeps upsetting Sky James, you never know.

It will be having its name changed by Deed Poll though, as the term "Speed" is being replaced by "Turbo".
  • edited September 2016

please have a turbo bounty hunter 5pm is too early and nothing then till 10.15pm.  whereas normal bounty      hunters get them at 18.20, 18.45 and 19.15 bit on the unfair side.
  • dmwdmw
    edited September 2016
    for us smaller stake players, i will miss the 8.50 and 10.05 £2.30 bounties..

am i presuming right thses wont be coming back???
  • edited September 2016
    Good evening Sir Tikay.
    Would it be possible to extend the late reg for the 2.15 deepstack, it would give Parents who have to pick up their children from school a chance to play, and help towards smashing the guarntee.
    All the best.
    Rainman 215
  • edited September 2016
    More £3.30 Bounty Hunters please throughout the day
    Posted by F1N63RS
    EXCUSE THE CAPITALS BUT A BIG BIG BIG BIG YES PLEASE TO THIS. By far my favourite MTT is the early morning £3.3BHs but being on shift only get to play them sparingly. They are very popular at that time of day so can only be better supported throughout the day and later on. Better value than the £5.75BH because of the rake. On that note can we please have all the £5 BH on 10% rake like every other. Don't know why these are singled out at a larger %
  • edited September 2016
    There will be no more £5.75 Bounty Hunters..... ....because they will all become £5.50 Bounty Hunters .   They are currently still being shown as £5.75, but this will change between now & 1st October.   There are so many changes, they are being done day by day, rather than overnight in "one go".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ooops. Should read entire thread first. Excellent news thanks!!! 
  • edited September 2016
    It looks like the schedule has been very kind to those of us who like the Deepstacks.  It made me smile that Rainman's new alias is Rainman215 it's as if he is psychic!! Hope you are wearing your armour Tikay for all the flak you will no doubt be fielding in the days ahead.  I will read the thread with interest. :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    It might just get worse before it gets better. The new "overall" schedule will be announced on, I think, Monday, including the new Main Events which may have changed. Think the Forum might just catch fire then, but I'll be fine, & I really do understand the way poker players think & why they get a bit uppity when things change. Together, the players & The Business, we'll work thought it, & within a few weeks everything will settle down.

In June last year, the new Rewards Scheme was introduced, & the thread was just horrible, so many folks thought Sky Poker were lifting their legs. Within a few weeks, most realised that, on balance, it was better for most, & in fact the data supports the fact that it actually increased traffic here. 

So yes, it might get a bit warm, but as long as people are civil, it'll be fine, & we'll not dodge any questions. My tolerance, which is endless, does get a bit stretched when I see multiple exclamation marks - wtf are they supposed to mean? If I fail to see one exclamation mark (& oh boy, I promise you I won't, half the world seems to have forgotten how & when to use them)) I'm not gonna see 3 or 4 of them, am I?  
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : I hereby sentence you to eat in a restaurant chosen by SkySam. And may God have mercy on your soul...
    Posted by Essexphil
    Seems a little harsh, that.
  • edited September 2016
    Could you get an answer on if they will introduce more £3.30 MTTs of varying degrees. 
  • edited September 2016
    for us smaller stake players, i will miss the 8.50 and 10.05 £2.30 bounties.. am i presuming right thses wont be coming back???
    Posted by dmw
    I honestly don't know, dmw, but we'll see in the next few days I guess.

They won't be removing anything which has good demand & covers guarantees, that would not make sense. But if they struggle for numbers, or clash with something else, then yes, they may disappear. 

Let's wait & see.

• edited September 2016
    Good evening Sir Tikay. Would it be possible to extend the late reg for the 2.15 deepstack, it would give Parents who have to pick up their children from school a chance to play, and help towards smashing the guarntee. All the best. Rainman 215
    Posted by rainman215
    Hi mate,

Might be possible, but we'll need to wait until Monday to get an answer on that, I don't really want to trouble the suits un-necessarily over the weekend if I can help it.

Sam & James work very hard in the week, they are in the office by 11am every day, & rarely leave for the golf course until at least 2pm, even as late as 3pm most days, so they deserve a break at the weekend.  

• edited September 2016
    Could you get an answer on if they will introduce more £3.30 MTTs of varying degrees. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    I'll try & find out on Monday, Craig.

If there is a demand, yes is the likely answer. If there is not.......
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : I'll try & find out on Monday, Craig. If there is a demand, yes is the likely answer. If there is not.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Me and my multiple personalities would be happy to start a petition. 
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Tony.  Thanks for this thread, the infomation about changes is very useful.  However it gets a bit lost amongst the waffle and teacakes if youi get my gist (and pun).  Therefore would it be possible to have a closed thread that just lists the changes and keep this one for the moaningful discussions etc?

Btw is it possible to scrap all low stakes MTTs on Sky, they just clog the place up?**

**this is meant as a funny ha ha just in case.....
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Tony.  Thanks for this thread, the infomation about changes is very useful.  However it gets a bit lost amongst the waffle and teacakes if youi get my gist (and pun).  Therefore would it be possible to have a closed thread that just lists the changes and keep this one for the moaningful discussions etc? Btw is it possible to scrap all low stakes MTTs on Sky, they just clog the place up?** **this is meant as a funny ha ha just in case.....
    Posted by SoLack
    Morning Paul,

"waffle & teacakes" indeed.......;)

I think that may be a good idea actually.

I'll start a separate thread which will include all the changes & Updates, but no waffle, & that will be LOCKED.

I'll also put the same stuff on this thread, then folks can choose which thread to check.

Anyway, that aside, in the waffle & teacakes dept, how you keeping these days?
  • edited September 2016

There you go Paul, done, HERE
  • edited September 2016
    Excellent idea, well done and thanks.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    Excellent idea, well done and thanks.
    Posted by SoLack
    GIQ, ffs.
  • edited September 2016

The Super Roller Freeroll, which runs nightly at 7pm, has changed as and from tomorrow, Tuesday 27th September.

It will start 30 minutes earlier, (1830, or 6.30pm) & have an amended title - the Sunday Major Freeroll.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : You can play 9 handed on the other sites out there. Sky differentiate themselves by being 6max focused. 
    Posted by MattBates

currently playing Jackpot freeroll on Sky which is 9 handed and its definitely something i would play if introduced
  • edited September 2016

Effective tomorrow (Tuesday 27th September);

All the £5.75 (£5 + £0.75) Bounty Hunters will become £5.50 (£5 +£0.50) Bounty Hunters.

The Bounty Hunters at 18.20 & 18.45 have both been removed from the schedule, to be replaced by one at 1830.

The £5.75 BH @ 19.15 passed away peacefully in it's sleep. RIP.

The existing Bounty Hunter at 2240 will now start at 2245

(Details to follow).
  • edited September 2016

New £5.50 Bounty Hunter Schedule. (Effective from Tuesday 27th September).

0930 - £300 Guaranteed

1030 - £300 Guaranteed

1130 - £400 Guaranteed

1230 - £400 Guaranteed

1330 - £500 Guaranteed

1430 - £500 Guaranteed

1530 - £500 Guaranteed

1630 - £500 Guaranteed

1730 - £500 Guaranteed

1830 - £1,000 Guaranteed

2245 -  £1,000 Guaranteed

• edited September 2016
    Hi Tikay, are the 09:45 and 10:45 £3.30 BH's staying or being replaced by the above

cheers
  • edited September 2016
    Good to the finally see the death of the £5.75 Bounty Hunters - The new £5.50 ones should get more players as i know i,m not the only one who was put off by paying that extra bit off rake. Didn,t think i was getting value 
  • edited September 2016

Rebuy Tournaments changes;

1) The £2.20 Rebuy (£300 Guaranteed) at 1830 (6.30pm) has been moved forward to 1815 (6.15pm)

2) A new £5.50 Rebuy (£500 Guaranteed) will run daily at 19.15 (7.15pm).
  • edited September 2016

Reg Fees on Rebuys & Add Ons

When you buy into a Rebuy Tournament initially, the standard 10% Reg Fee will apply.

However, subsequent Rebuys & Add Ons will NOT attract a Reg Fee.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    Hi Tikay, are the 09:45 and 10:45 £3.30 BH's staying or being replaced by the above cheers
    Posted by F1N63RS
    Hi mate,

Good to share a few tables with you recently.

I'm not sure of the answer to that at the mo - I seem to have lost the Spready the Office sent me after I saved it in a secret place & then forgot where it was....

I'll get back to you.

If they HAVE disappeared, don't panic. Everything is open to discussion & review, & nothing is cast in stone. 

They will want to give the new schedule a bit of time to bed in, but be assured, some mistakes & errors will occur, & if need be will be corrected.