You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I;m very disappointed at the loss of the 8,50pm BH .. i play for fun not big stakes so not sure how the greedy approach really sits with me as there are no other games for around 2.30 around that time .. money isn;t everything
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    Hi teeks, I know your mega busy and the like but any news on more £3 MTTs and please god keep the early morning ones!!!!!
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Hi Craig,

Not yet mate.

James is busy trying to get the whole of the new schedule slotted in, so let's wait & see how it looks when it is complete. It'll be finalised by the end of the week.

The Suits are following this thread avidly, don't worry about that, so they'll see all the comments & feedback which, for the most part, has been constructive & useful, just what they wanted to see.  

And it won't please everyone, we all know that, but the thing to remember is that, to a degree, its trial & error, & nothing is cast in stone.

Sky Poker really DO listen, believe me.
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks and I know they do, one of the reasons this is my main site. Thanks again.
  • edited September 2016
    I;m very disappointed at the loss of the 8,50pm BH .. i play for fun not big stakes so not sure how the greedy approach really sits with me as there are no other games for around 2.30 around that time .. money isn;t everything
    Posted by debscom18
    Sorry to hear that debs, but shall we wait & see how the finished schedule looks before we assume too much? There is still a £2.30 BH with a £400 Guarantee at 20.05, as far as I know.

I'm not sure what "greed" has to do with anything, except that poker players play for money, & poker sites try to earn a few bob, both of which are right & proper.

The suggestion that the Little Guys & Gals have been forgotten - did you see the new Micro MTT last night? 55p to enter (55 PENCE) with a £100 Guarantee.  Sky Poker won't be getting fat out of that one, will they?

Another surprise awaits Sky Poker's army of smaller stakes players very soon, too. Watch this space, as they say.

I'm all for the smaller budget players bring looked after, & spent 5 years championing their rights as Chairman of APAT, so I certainly pass on my thoughts to the Suits as to the little guys. It's my honest view that they get looked after pretty well, too.   
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Sorry to hear that debs, but shall we wait & see how the finished schedule looks before we assume too much? There is still a £2.30 BH with a £400 Guarantee at 20.05, as far as I know.   I'm not sure what "greed" has to do with anything, except that poker players play for money, & poker sites try to earn a few bob, both of which are right & proper. The suggestion that the Little Guys & Gals have been forgotten - did you see the new Micro MTT last night? 55p to enter (55 PENCE) with a £100 Guarantee.  Sky Poker won't be getting fat out of that one, will they? Another surprise awaits Sky Poker's army of smaller stakes players very soon, too. Watch this space, as they say.   I'm all for the smaller budget players bring looked after, & spent 5 years championing their rights as Chairman of APAT, so I certainly pass on my thoughts to the Suits as to the little guys. It's my honest view that they get looked after pretty well, too.   
    Posted by Tikay10

I spotted this in the lobby and clicked on it out of interest, it had about £37 up top.....for 0.55p!
    (being a tight Scotsman I am a sucker for value, almost as much as thse gravy slurping Yorkshiremen)

If I wasn't in the process of stealing TKs blinds and had space on the laptop I would have dug deep and entered that.
  • edited September 2016
    55p MTT --worth an exclamation mark that is! I will definitely playing more on Sky than I have been.
  • edited September 2016
    I've put in another £3.30 £50 Omaha Hi-Lo at 7.45pm. The Omaha Hi-Lo schedule is now much better for you. There is £290 a day in guarantees instead of £100 with many games with no guarantees barely running. Plus another £350 on Thursdays. I think it would diminish the Thursday night games if all these FOSP games ran every night. If demand increases though I will consider adding more.
  • edited September 2016
    I've put in another £3.30 £50 Omaha Hi-Lo at 7.45pm. The Omaha Hi-Lo schedule is now much better for you. There is £290 a day in guarantees instead of £100 with many games with no guarantees barely running. Plus another £350 on Thursdays. I think it would diminish the Thursday night games if all these FOSP games ran every night. If demand increases though I will consider adding more.
    Posted by Sky__James

Thanks james looks good i like the gtds as well.

This is 1 of the main reasons why i and probably a lot of others play on sky we can deal with people that can actually make things happen and are given the chance to offer our opinions and ideas on the games on offer on the site.

cheers brian
  • edited September 2016
    like playing on sky,but theres not a lot to play,would like to see some freezeout mtts with decent gtd,with buy ins ranging from
    20euro to 50euro. all i seem to be able to find are b/h or timed tournies,with the rest of the schedule made up of low buy in/low gtd mtts.
  • edited September 2016
    Another surprise awaits Sky Poker's army of smaller stakes players very soon, too. Watch this space, as they say.

cant wait for this one, I've got to say the 50p £100 guarantee a great addition  for the micro/hobby players.
  • edited September 2016
    MTT Mission question.

In the blurb it states:

Your Mission...

1. Enter code to opt in:

MISSION

2. Choose 1 of 3 weekly MTT poker point targets:

Week 1 Targets
    Target 1 → 50
    Target 2 → 250
    Target 3 → 500 

I have entered the bonus code, it seems you do not have to "choose" your level (e.g. like you chose your premiership promo league) so I assume you just get awarded a token according to the points earned?

I think it is better that way but the wording above implied (to me anyway) that you had to chose up front.

• edited September 2016

Hi POTO,

By "choose" I believe they mean you only have to "choose" personally your target to aim for, you don't have to commit to it. 

As in, don't fill in Target 1, 2 or 3, just decide which one to try & attain, it is your own "personal" target.
  • edited September 2016

£2.30 Bounty Hunter Change

The £2.30 Bounty Hunter, £400 Guaranteed, at 20.00 is cancelled. 

It will be replaced by.....

A £2.20 Bounty Hunter, £500 Guaranteed, at 20.00.

• edited September 2016

£5.50 & £11 Freezeouts

£200 Guaranteed £5.50 Freezeout @ 0100

£200 Guaranteed £5.50 Freezeout @ 1745

£200 Guaranteed £5.50 Freezeout @ 2100 (this one was PREVIOUSLY at 21.05)

£200 Guaranteed £5.50 Freezeout at 1930 will no longer run.

£200 Guaranteed £11 Freezeout at 00.000 is CANCELLED. A new Midnight Tournament replacing it will be announced shortly.
  • edited September 2016

PLO MTT's

An assortment of daily PLO MTT's will run, mainly £2.20 with a £20 Guarantee

There is a daily PLO MTT Freeroll @ 1730

There is a £100 Guaranteed £5.50 PLO MTT @ 19.45. 
  • edited September 2016

Various

An assortment of Timed Tournaments will be scheduled.

Where reasonable & practical, Late Reg will be included &/or extended.

All being well, the entire new schedule will be in place by this Saturday.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Sorry to hear that debs, but shall we wait & see how the finished schedule looks before we assume too much? There is still a £2.30 BH with a £400 Guarantee at 20.05, as far as I know.   I'm not sure what "greed" has to do with anything, except that poker players play for money, & poker sites try to earn a few bob, both of which are right & proper. The suggestion that the Little Guys & Gals have been forgotten - did you see the new Micro MTT last night? 55p to enter (55 PENCE) with a £100 Guarantee.  Sky Poker won't be getting fat out of that one, will they? Another surprise awaits Sky Poker's army of smaller stakes players very soon, too. Watch this space, as they say.   I'm all for the smaller budget players bring looked after, & spent 5 years championing their rights as Chairman of APAT, so I certainly pass on my thoughts to the Suits as to the little guys. It's my honest view that they get looked after pretty well, too.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for your reply Tikay, I appreciate it and look forward to other smaller stake games, the 55p game is a good addition but some of us don't get to sit down till later and if out of the 8.05 bh early there are no other low stake games to play except the sit n go but a longer game is sometimes more fun. Kind regards, Debs
  • edited September 2016
    If I play its usually around 10pm, when the wife goes to bed tired and I've got an hour or two "me" time.  Used to play the £2.30BHs, that was managable, but I can't afford to keep throwing away a fiver every night.  Shame, got to know a few people and had a laugh with a few. 
  • edited September 2016

2 MTT's that are being retired.....

£300 Megastack (Deepstack) @ 8.30pm.
    This repeatedly missed it's Guarantee, and there remain plenty of other Deepies.

£1,000 Bounty Hunter @ 8.30pm. Plenty of other BH's, & considering this had a prime slot, it did not do very well. 

• edited September 2016

Everything should be in place to get the new schedule launched with the Midnight Express tonight. I suspect this one will start at Midnight.
  • edited September 2016
    I like what you have done with the new major additions and them all having their own title.Very wp
  • edited September 2016
    2 MTT's that are being retired..... £300 Megastack (Deepstack) @ 8.30pm. This repeatedly missed it's Guarantee, and there remain plenty of other Deepies. £1,000 Bounty Hunter @ 8.30pm. Plenty of other BH's, & considering this had a prime slot, it did not do very well.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Just going to jump to the defence of the Megastacks. Is there any way that the guarantee can just be lowered (eg £100) and kept on the schedule?.

These games are the only ones with a 10k starting stack for the lower bank roll players. They only ran Mon/Wed/Frid, and were developed originally by the players. It would be a shame (imho) if they were lost.

• edited September 2016
    The mega stack was originally chosen by the forum as a new tournament.  It is not for everyone but was regulally played by
    Jawzindaws and Wacko it was a joy to pitch me skills against these
    excellent players.

Take the guarantee away as has been done with the Offordable deep stack friday at 7.10 it gets a very strong field and still runs with 60 to 70 runners i think the mega has a loyal following and can still be successful.

If people stop playing it let it go but 3 times a week i think it still works a lot of good players play it for a reason.

Daggers

• edited September 2016
    Please don't bring back the MEGA stack as it was. It was painfully deep especially when you consider late reg was only open half an hour or so. You can have deep stacked MTT's without taking it to the point of it being overly deep just for the sake of it. 
    Glad its been removed.

The new schedule is looking great.  
  • edited September 2016
    Looks like the Tuesday and Wednesday Mains are both now £33, although not clear what the format is.  This is good as far as I am concerned as the Tuesday Main was always too much of a lottery and the Wed rebuy, although enjoyable, proved rather expensive and most weeks I need to FT in order o break even.  Onwards and upwards....
    To counter this though it looks like the £55 7pm jobbie* on a Sunday is now a rebuy and shd meet its guarantee through me alone :)
    Also interessted to see more about the Friday £110 jobbie*

I am getting all excited TommyD!  Tommy!

*Yes I have had been brainwashed by Tikay and now use jobbie all the time doh
  • edited September 2016
    Looks like the Tuesday and Wednesday Mains are both now £33, although not clear what the format is.  This is good as far as I am concerned as the Tuesday Main was always too much of a lottery and the Wed rebuy, although enjoyable, proved rather expensive and most weeks I need to FT in order o break even.  Onwards and upwards.... To counter this though it looks like the £55 7pm jobbie* on a Sunday is now a rebuy and shd meet its guarantee through me alone :) Also interessted to see more about the Friday £110 jobbie* I am getting all excited TommyD!  Tommy! *Yes I have had been brainwashed by Tikay and now use jobbie all the time doh
    Posted by SoLack
    Paul, I believe

Friday £110 is a bh
    Tues main is a freezeout
    Wed rebuy main is now on a Friday but is £22 so you can fire a few at that one!

I am not sure if £55 rebuy is in addition to the £55 freeze or instead of so would be good if someone could clarify that
  • edited September 2016
    I don't remember an 8:30pm 1k bh'er what was the buy in for this?
  • edited September 2016
    Thanx Matt

Presumably he means the 8:15pm (20:15) £11 jobbie.  I think it used to be at at 8:30pm (20:30)
  • edited September 2016
    I would also like to see the MEGA stack remain. Why not increase the late reg on it?? 60-90 min late reg & it would easily meet its guarentee, imo
  • edited September 2016
    Will put my two eggs in reference the megastacks/sleepstacks by all means drop that gaurantee but keep the tourney maybe dropping it in a little bit earlier. The bigger stack is what players get to mess about with at the better live tourneys and other than the occasional person who wonders in and does not realise the point of the game these are generally played by your hard core regs on here more for fun and to accompany the orfordable and dtd#s.