You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT changes & discussion thread

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Just seen those changes to your main events .. does this mean no more rebuy on a wednesday ? or is the £33 wednesday game a rebuy tournament ?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread:
    Will put my two eggs in reference the megastacks/sleepstacks by all means drop that gaurantee but keep the tourney maybe dropping it in a little bit earlier. The bigger stack is what players get to mess about with at the better live tourneys and other than the occasional person who wonders in and does not realise the point of the game these are generally played by your hard core regs on here more for fun and to accompany the orfordable and dtd#s.
    Posted by aiken2001

This.
  • edited September 2016
    When will the formats for these new tournaments be detailed?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread:
    In Response to Re: MTT changes thread : You can play 9 handed on the other sites out there. Sky differentiate themselves by being 6max focused. 
    Posted by MattBates
    + A million

• edited September 2016
    To be honest I am more than a little horrified at the dropping of the mega stacks. Sureley theres room for these tourneys on the site and if the problem is guarantees not being met then lower them. And what about a 10 or 15 pound buy in ? These tourneys are a welcome respite from the countless bounties on here. Please think again TK.
  • edited September 2016
    cant understand pl08 scheduling on a evening. three pl08 starting with in 45 mins i.e 19:45, 20:15 and 20:30 then nothing until 22:30 ??? previous scheduling was spaced out much better . how about changing the 20:30 to 21:15 just to space things out better rather than cram pl08 into 45 mins . just a thought ,cheers
  • edited September 2016
    To be honest I am more than a little horrified at the dropping of the mega stacks. Sureley theres room for these tourneys on the site and if the problem is guarantees not being met then lower them. And what about a 10 or 15 pound buy in ? These tourneys are a welcome respite from the countless bounties on here. Please think again TK.

yep
  • edited October 2016

i see that the 2 new £21 hyper turbos paid more places than normal.  6 cash places instead of 5 in the 23:00hrs and 8 paid instead of 6 in the Midnight Express.

is this unique to these two or has the number of cash places changed generally?

• edited October 2016
    i see that the 2 new £21 hyper turbos paid more places than normal.  6 cash places instead of 5 in the 23:00hrs and 8 paid instead of 6 in the Midnight Express. is this unique to these two or has the number of cash places changed generally?
    Posted by aussie09
    I'm not sure yet Rob, please bear with them until the Site Issues have been fully resolved, as this moment I don't want to trouble the Office with further questions as they clearly have their hands full already.

I have been party to recent discussions as to amending the payout structures, & they were in line with what you report. However, I was not aware these changes had been implemented, & if they have, I'm a little surprised, as it was not mentioned to me as far as I can recall. They don't HAVE to tell me these things, clearly, but they usually do.  

• edited October 2016

Feedback on cancelled MEGASTACK MTT

Guys, thanks for the feedback on the cancelled Megastack.

That is EXACTLY what this thread is for, so it's cool & we want this feedback.

I certainly can't promise they will be restored immediately, or ever, but that's the idea of the thread, to gauge views & opinions.

They won't be able to satisfy everyone, but they are & will try to please as many as possible. However, if certain MTT's regularly overlay, or clog up the schedule during peak periods, they need to do something.

Sky Poker won't be going away anytime soon, so let's give the Suits some time to consider the feedback & see what they say. I WILL keep you updated.

They have more pressing matters on their plate this weekend, as there were some issues last night, so it'll be next week before this particular issue is looked at I'd guess.

Have a great weekend. Ryder Cup, Malayasia F1 GP, Prix de la Arc, Premier League football, ENNEFFELL @ Wembley, what a rich weekend of sport. And of course the new Sky Poker MTT Schedule launches. Probably. Mainly. Ishy.  
  • edited October 2016

New MTT Lobby etc

A revised MTT Lobby was due to be in operation this morning to coincide with the launch of the new MTT Schedule.

Due, I assume, to the issues last night, it is not in place yet, & I don't know when it will be.

If & when I hear further, I'll let you know.
  • edited October 2016
    Posted by jawzindawz
    Morning Mr Jawz,

See my previous replies, but I just need to clear that last sentence up, "think again TK".

If only.....

I don't make this, or any other decisions here, I am just a link between the site & the players to carry messages, keep players updated on stuff, & be the odd job man & water carrier.

They do engage me in discussions due to my extensive experience in poker, & they do listen to (some of) what I say.

But I most certainly don't make any decisions here, so it's not for me to think again.

If I see something which I think is clearly wrong, be assured I bang the table hard & repeatedly.

As it happens, this thread - to announce & discuss MTT changes WAS my idea, & I never asked the Office, I just told them I would start it because I think it is very important to communicate well with the players BEFORE changes happen.

I generally support almost everything this site does & I think, all things considered, they do a great job, & I'm proud to be associated with a site that talks with & listens to it's players as much as Sky Poker do.

Making decisions, though, is not something I do. Cushty life, me.     

• edited October 2016

Just seen those changes to your main events .. does this mean no more rebuy on a wednesday ? or is the £33 wednesday game a rebuy tournament ?
    Posted by jubb

Morning Jubb,

The Wednesday Main Event is now a £33 Bounty Hunter. 2 Deepstacks will be on Wednesday though, later in the evening.

Friday's Main Event now becomes a £22 Rebuy.

• edited October 2016

MTT Lobby Changes

There is now a new Tab, "POPULAR".

Click that, & you will see the biggest 7 or 8 MTT's for today, (£1,000 Guarantee or greater) & a few of the big upcoming MTT's.
  • edited October 2016
    Just wanted to say: -

The new format is fantastic just looking at the lobby anyone who plays micros cannot complain.

The new 1.10 rebuy format is good as it has late reg now these are getting over 50 runners smashing the GTD

The new 2.20 BHs are great as they now have late reg and are smashing the GTD getting 30+, i have played these and are great if you just want a quick mtt they last just over a hour.

Only played the 5.50 BH turbo 10.15 once but also a great addition

GTDs on the PLO8 ones fantastic

Will be playing more mtts in the future
  • edited October 2016
    Just wondered if it is a mistake that the 20:15 £1k BH now only has 4 levels of LR, it always used to have LR for 6 levels?

Thanks
    Greg.
  • edited October 2016
    the new schedual is ace especially for micro players also the extended late reg is great meaning most tournies break the gtds well done sky team kudos
  • edited October 2016

Some further changes to the MTT Schedule follow.

Keep an eye on these MTT Changes Thread, as the new Schedule will be fettled frequently until it settles down.

Keep the feedback coming, too, good or bad (so long as it's constructive), the Suits read this thread daily.  
  • edited October 2016

Additional £3.30 Turbo Bounty Hunter at 11pm nightly. (£300 Guaranteed)

This replaces the 11pm Hyper Turbo which passed away peacefully in it's sleep.
  • edited October 2016

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

This has been changed to a £22 Bounty Hunter.
  • edited October 2016

Reduced Guarantees

GOLD RUSH (nightly Turbo @ 20.45) - Guarantee reduced from £2,000 to £1,500

RELOAD (nightly Rebuy @ 21.30) - Guarantee reduced from £2,000 to £1,500.

These were not making anywhere near Guarantee.
  • edited October 2016
    have to say im bit annoyed with the change of 12pm to a bh i understand why but still dont think was given enough time to establish it self. there defo enough bh and this site imo and i loved when sky added comps like the reload gold rush 11/12 hypes and the rebuy on a sunday. but guess i am in the minority. But in gen love the new sched and keep up gd work sky.
  • edited October 2016

Any feedback from above on the megastacks?....or shall we have a whip round for a wreath? ;(
  • edited October 2016
    Can I just mention that I LOVED the 30 player payout structure to the Sunday night major?  Probably only because I managed to make min cash in it lol.  I know the top 3 might disagree but there was more incentive for me to play it as didn't need to hit top 18 or 19 (or whatever average pay outs used to be).  
  • edited October 2016
    have to say im bit annoyed with the change of 12pm to a bh i understand why but still dont think was given enough time to establish it self. there defo enough bh and this site imo and i loved when sky added comps like the reload gold rush 11/12 hypes and the rebuy on a sunday. but guess i am in the minority. But in gen love the new sched and keep up gd work sky.
    Posted by rspca12
    Yo Dog Bloke,

All understood, yeah.

The fact is the players here can't get enough BH's - the figures prove that, again & again.

The new Rebuy performed dreadfully, too, as did that Hyper Turbo. We all have our own likes & dislikes, but the truth lies in the numbers, & they were really bad.

Personally - me, not the Business - I'd like to persevere with some of these, even at the expense of lower, less ambitious, Guarantees. The Business, I'm sure, will want that they maximise the peak traffic hours with stuff that the majority want.

Not an easy balance to strike, but this thread is a great resource for folks to air their views, & I promise you that Sam & James, who hold responsibility for the MTT Schedule, read every Post.    

• edited October 2016
    Any feedback from above on the megastacks?....or shall we have a whip round for a wreath? ;(
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Nothing has been fed back to me, Alan, except the initial e-Mail in which they said they were just not viable.

I'll certainly ask the question though, & if the Megastacks are a dead in the water, it won't be death by a thousand cuts, I'll tell you outright. The likely answer, of course, is a compromise, via reduced Guarantees.

• edited October 2016
    Additional £3.30 Turbo Bounty Hunter at 11pm nightly . (£300 Guaranteed) This replaces the 11pm Hyper Turbo which passed away peacefully in it's sleep.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Any news on more of these? I think these would make a great addition to the schedule. Hourly I expect they would do well. In reply to if there is a demand? You won't know until you try them? Sky Sam etc to comment please???
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Nothing has been fed back to me, Alan, except the initial e-Mail in which they said they were just not viable. I'll certainly ask the question though, & if the Megastacks are a dead in the water, it won't be death by a thousand cuts, I'll tell you outright. The likely answer, of course, is a compromise, via reduced Guarantees.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank you Tikay. I really hope a compromise is made.

Re - The Midnight express/turbo one you have mentioned. Do the suits release that numbers (if averaged out) would be well down due to the site issues and not the players?
  • edited October 2016
    Can I just mention that I LOVED the 30 player payout structure to the Sunday night major?  Probably only because I managed to make min cash in it lol.  I know the top 3 might disagree but there was more incentive for me to play it as didn't need to hit top 18 or 19 (or whatever average pay outs used to be).  
    Posted by IrishRose
    Thanks Rose.

This is a topic which tends to get a bit warm when discussed.

I don't actually know what MTT's have had the Payout Structure changed, so I'm whistling in the dark a bit.

I do know that we discussed the topic internally, & at some length, a month or two ago. I had a very strong view on this - I believe Sky Poker should increase the amount of places paid, & flatten the payouts.

I experienced this in Vegas this year at the WSOP, & it was very well received by almost everyone. The exceptions, of course - & quite reasonably - were the Pros & big winners, who disagreed, as you'd expect.

The WSOP paid 15% of the field this year, & the EPT have been experimenting with paying 20% of the field. 

I see the Online Poker Industry going in that direction, too. Not overnight, but in increments, maybe 12.5%, then 15%, maybe more a year or two down the line. ALL Sites will do that, IMO. They have to, to keep the money flowing round the game. A min cash to you or me is our next Buy-In.

PS - These are my personal views, not necessarily those of The Business.  

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: MTT changes & discussion thread : Thank you Tikay. I really hope a compromise is made. Re - The Midnight express/turbo one you have mentioned. Do the suits release that numbers (if averaged out) would be well down due to the site issues and not the players?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The Suits are aware, & can measure, the effect of Site Issues. There was a big headache on Friday night, which was before the new Schedule launched, so there may have been a bit of a hangover from that. The Adobe issue remains a problem, but the negative effect is now very small indeed.

I do plan to push back a little to Sam & James about some of these changes, & maybe that might change a few things. Or not. I've not written to them yet though, been a bit busy.

The main thing is to remember that anything can be changed, & a lot of stuff will be changed, as they go along. That's why the Feedback is so useful. The MTT Schedule has been largely unchanged in 6 or 7 years, maybe more, it needed a radical overhaul.  That's not something which started on Saturday & that's that, job done - it is a work-in-progress which will continue for many months. We are just 3 days into that at the moment, so plenty of time to sort the wheat from the chaff.