You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lolpro runs eternally terrible [EvilPingu's Diary]

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Hey Evil,

The journey threw life is a long one and has many ups and downs,  over a life time friends will come and go but your family will always be there..

As much as you enjoy poker and want to be left alone to play it do your self a favour and take some time out and speak to your dad. i would also recomend getting ya selft off to UNI and get some good results, your still young and have years ahead of you to play poker..

To much time in front a screen is very unhealthy, the world awaits you ;)..
  • edited April 2012
    Another lurker coming out! ;-)  Enjoying the thread. Keep posting!
  • edited April 2012
    Tuesday 17th April

Managed to get 3 orbits in on a 50PLO table and won a buy-in before having to leave the table - Currently have a win rate of something like 550bb/100 as a result! Think I'll have a challenge keeping that win rate up  :P Also played a couple of the TV Master Cash tables on the laptop, although single-tabling inevitably caused me to loosen up a little bit too much, which isn't the best idea in the world when Lol_Raise is sat on your left )

Thankfully got the house to myself until Friday or Saturday, so will have a go at 12-tabling £11 DYMs if I feel like it, and see how that goes, should also push my C4P up - Depending on how it goes, I'll decide whether or not I still want to give up on Priority Club this month.

50PLO, +£47.10 
    Master Cash 3, +£23.95
    Master Cash 8, -£11.47

Bankroll: £2,194.85
    Today: +£59.58
    This month: -£253.23
    C4P: 4,988 (£79.81)

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk finally wins some money! [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    In Response to Re: Donk finally wins some money! [EvilPingu's Diary] : This is awful advice, the last thing you want to do is isolate yourself from your family. If you hide from them and consume yourself in poker without having any time for them they will assume your becoming a degen and get more grief. You will never play your A game if your dad is lurking around.  Look at carli citrone and julian thew as perfect poker role models, they play a lot but also have a good life balance outside of poker.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    HI ACEGOOMER 
               SO WHAT U R SAYING THAT I GIVE EVILPINGU BAD ADVICE

DID I TELL HIM NOT 2 GO 2 COLLEGE
    DID I TELL HIM NOT 2 TALK 2 HIS DAD
    DID I TELL HIM 2 PLAY POKER 24/7
    DID I TELL HIM NOT 2C  HIS MATES
              I THINK NOT 

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk loses more money ¬_¬ [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    Tuesday 17th April Managed to get 3 orbits in on a 50PLO table and won a buy-in before having to leave the table - Currently have a win rate of something like 550bb/100 as a result! Think I'll have a challenge keeping that win rate up  :P Also played a couple of the TV Master Cash tables on the laptop, although single-tabling inevitably caused me to loosen up a little bit too much, which isn't the best idea in the world when Lol_Raise is sat on your left ) Thankfully got the house to myself until Friday or Saturday, so will have a go at 12-tabling £11 DYMs if I feel like it, and see how that goes, should also push my C4P up - Depending on how it goes, I'll decide whether or not I still want to give up on Priority Club this month. 50PLO, +£47.10  Master Cash 3, +£23.95 Master Cash 8, -£11.47 ********** Bankroll: £2,194.85 Today: +£59.58 This month: -£253.23 C4P: 4,988 (£79.81) ********** 
    Posted by EvilPingu
    hi evilpigu
      it will take about 17 hours pre day if u playing £11 DYMs thats if u going 2 do it in 2 days cos in march when i my 43003 C4P  i wos getting 2000 day
    if u going 4 priority club you need 2 do every month 2 get the max out of it

JUST 2 LET U NO THIS IS NOT ADVCIE
    AS I AWFUL ADVICE LOL

but when its C4P or DYMs  i think i no what i,am talking about 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk loses more money ¬_¬ [EvilPingu's Diary] : hi evilpigu   it will take about 17 hours pre day if u playing £11 DYMs thats if u going 2 do it in 2 days cos in march when i my 43003 C4P  i wos getting 2000 day if u going 4 priority club you need 2 do every month 2 get the max out of it JUST 2 LET U NO THIS IS NOT ADVCIE AS I AWFUL ADVICE LOL but when its C4P or DYMs  i think i no what i,am talking about 
    Posted by wrongjohn1
    If I'm getting into Priority Club this month then I'll make sure I get it every month thereafter as well so I get the 3+ months boost. Even though I'm not bothered about the extra boost for 3+ months, not getting into Priority Club every month when I'm playing enough to get in, and leaving free money behind would be stupid, really.

Did a bit of maths on C4P and priority, 30 days a month = 333 C4P a day, so 34 £11 DYMs, should only be a couple of hours of Poker a day when playing 12 tables at a time so hopefully once I'm in Priority Club, it should be fairly easy to stay in Priority Club.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk finally wins some money! [EvilPingu's Diary] : HI ACEGOOMER             SO WHAT U R SAYING THAT I GIVE EVILPINGU BAD ADVICE             DID I TELL HIM NOT 2 GO 2 COLLEGE DID I TELL HIM NOT 2 TALK 2 HIS DAD DID I TELL HIM 2 PLAY POKER 24/7 DID I TELL HIM NOT 2C  HIS MATES           I THINK NOT               
    Posted by wrongjohn1
     Wrongjohn after working out what your trying to say, no you didnt say any of the above. What you did say was evilpingu should lock his dad out his bedroom which is awful advice.

JJ showing someone who doesnt understand poker your scope graph is pointless. Non poker players think it is gambling and they very rarely change their minds. They will think any upswing is luck.
  • edited April 2012
    10,000 points a month to get in and stay in, 335 C4P per day

3 hours a day playing 12 tables @ £11 DYM

good luck

@ Wrongjohn - how many hours and how many DYM do you play per day ?
    And what's you C4P average for each month ?

Just curious )
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk finally wins some money! [EvilPingu's Diary] : I agree wholeheartedly with you. Don't let poker overtake your life. Its an enjoyable pastime but unless its your career then think carefully. Even pro's make time in their routines. Do it for poker reasons if you wish....   1. You will avoid tilt more by having a more varied life.   2. Variety really is the spice of life and family is so important.      All the best. Take care.
    Posted by profman15
    I'm new to this thread, only just catching up with it, but this^^ 100%
  • edited April 2012
    the first rule of priority club

is not to talk about priority club :)
  • edited April 2012
    EvilPingu - has your dad every watched the show?  Maybe he might change his mind if he saw the succesfful guests on the show who ahev made a living from poker.

GL with the points grind!  I'm on one of those ATM and sometimes its an uphill struggle but SOOOO worth it when you've hit your target
  • edited April 2012
    EvilPingu - has your dad every watched the show?  Maybe he might change his mind if he saw the succesfful guests on the show who ahev made a living from poker. GL with the points grind!  I'm on one of those ATM and sometimes its an uphill struggle but SOOOO worth it when you've hit your target
    Posted by scotty77

Pingu,

You will prob get a lot of biased opinions posting on a poker forum.

You should stay open to the possibility that your dad is right. Maybe just cutting down how much you play could be good.

Also, I would say a lot of the guests/experts on the tv show havent made a living playing poker.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk loses more money ¬_¬ [EvilPingu's Diary] : Pingu, You will prob get a lot of biased opinions posting on a poker forum. You should stay open to the possibility that your dad is right. Maybe just cutting down how much you play could be good. Also, I would say a lot of the guests/experts on the tv show havent made a living playing poker.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Good point!  It's easy to forget that sometimes.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks for all of the posts; will reply to individual posts later.
  • edited April 2012
    Never forget life is for living!
    Your Dad is probably aware of your potential but doesn't want you to miss out on experiences outside of poker.
    It's obvious you've got an aptitude for poker but probably would be successful at many other disciplines.
    My personal thought is he doesn't want you to put all your eggs in one basket.
    Which is what parents do!
    Improve your set up!
    Enjoy playing!
    make loads of money!
    but make time for yourself and don't miss out on anything!
    You're on a high and cruising at the minute but there will always be peaks and troughs how you handle them determines how good a poker player you're going to be!
    The very best of luck I look forward to watching your analysis in seven years time!lol
  • edited April 2012
    sounds like other people in this thread had it easier than me....when i was 18/19 and playing a lot of poker my dad used to make me show him my bank statements every month to prove no money was coming out of my bank.

he eventually stopped when i had to use his fax number at work to send 888 my passport so i could be allowed to withdraw more than $5k a month.

has definitely been worth keeping them onside and you just have to be patient and remember that to anyone outside of the poker community online poker is a relatively scary thing because most of society has 'the house always wins' mentality (which is true for most other gambling tbf)

enjoying the diary keep it up
  • edited April 2012

Hi Pingu.

Its hard to know ppl's situations until u r in them, but it sounds to me as if your Dad cares, which is a good thing. 

U r a young guy who is talented at poker, but this aint the be all and end all.  Im not sure what your plans are? (thats why I asked u in an earlier post).  Why not keep playing poker as a hobby and only dedicate a certain amount of time a wk to it.  You are young so keep your options open and dont put all your eggs in one basket/rash decisions.  U will know what is best for yourself, but in a few years, once you have tried other things you will know more clearly and you can be sure poker will still be there.

Best of luck, whatever you do.

• edited April 2012
    Wednesday 18th April

Was bored to death last night and saw Sam Razavi sat in several HU cash games. Resisted the temptation to play him, although if he was sat at 25p/50p instead of £1/£2, would've probably crushed him :P

Grinded some DYMs earlier, initially played terribly as I had hardly any notes on the other players, didn't help when I got my money in ahead, but I kept going behind, either. Pulled it back to just -£40 in the end. Also discovered after 3 hours that I'm probably not rolled for 50PLO, and I'm too fishy for 50PLO too. )

Finished the day with a short 50NL session, finishing £66 up.

Will reply to posts shortly.

2 x 50PLO, -£128.79
    4 x 50NL, +£66.78

£11 DYM - W20 L20, -£40.00

Bankroll: £2,092.84
    Today: -£101.01
    This month: -£355.24
    C4P: 5,602 (£100.84)

• edited April 2012

Sigh at getting cold 5-bet but being pot committed...

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    EvilPingu Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £66.22
    pokerpro39 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £19.50
     Your hole cards
    • A

pryce6 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £49.25
    puttitin Raise  £4.00 £6.25 £56.11
    EvilPingu Raise  £10.75 £17.00 £55.47
    pokerpro39 All-in  £19.50 £36.50 £0.00
    pryce6 Fold     
    puttitin Fold     
    EvilPingu Call  £9.00 £45.50 £46.47
    EvilPingu Show
    • A

pokerpro39 Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

• K

River

pokerpro39 Win Pair of Queens £43.70  £43.70
  • edited April 2012
    EvilPingu - has your dad every watched the show?  Maybe he might change his mind if he saw the succesfful guests on the show who ahev made a living from poker. GL with the points grind!  I'm on one of those ATM and sometimes its an uphill struggle but SOOOO worth it when you've hit your target
    Posted by scotty77
    Not as far as I know, nope. Think the only chance of getting him to watch 865 would be if Anna was on, lol.

Cheers BTW - Hoping to get to 7k or 7.5k by Friday, got loads of family over this weekend so hardly any time for Poker, plus I'm already behind.

I assume you're going for as many chips in the Viva Las Vegas freeroll as possible?

In Response to Re: Donk loses more money ¬_¬ [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    In Response to Re: Donk loses more money ¬_¬ [EvilPingu's Diary] : Pingu, You will prob get a lot of biased opinions posting on a poker forum. You should stay open to the possibility that your dad is right. Maybe just cutting down how much you play could be good. Also, I would say a lot of the guests/experts on the tv show havent made a living playing poker.
    Posted by Spad3s

Right how? I'm confused.

Never forget life is for living! Your Dad is probably aware of your potential but doesn't want you to miss out on experiences outside of poker. It's obvious you've got an aptitude for poker but probably would be successful at many other disciplines. My personal thought is he doesn't want you to put all your eggs in one basket. Which is what parents do! Improve your set up! Enjoy playing! make loads of money! but make time for yourself and don't miss out on anything! You're on a high and cruising at the minute but there will always be peaks and troughs how you handle them determines how good a poker player you're going to be! The very best of luck I look forward to watching your analysis in seven years time!lol
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    True - Obviously need to get qualifications, can't just drop out of College and play Poker all the time or w/e ) The one thing that stands out in my mind is the Greg Raymer's "Top Tip" which used to be on the channel during the breaks - Basically to stay in School/College/Work/Whatever and enjoy the game.

sounds like other people in this thread had it easier than me....when i was 18/19 and playing a lot of poker my dad used to make me show him my bank statements every month to prove no money was coming out of my bank. he eventually stopped when i had to use his fax number at work to send 888 my passport so i could be allowed to withdraw more than $5k a month. has definitely been worth keeping them onside and you just have to be patient and remember that to anyone outside of the poker community online poker is a relatively scary thing because most of society has 'the house always wins' mentality (which is true for most other gambling tbf) enjoying the diary keep it up
    Posted by huuuuume

Can definitely relate to this - I often get asked "How much have you won/lost today?" - If I give him a negative number then I need to go Gamblers Anonymous meetings, if I win money then it's "Don't lose it all, quit while you're ahead". Started giving one word answers such as "Enough", "Lots", "Not Much" now, as the concept of variance is lost on him :')

Hi Pingu. Its hard to know ppl's situations until u r in them, but it sounds to me as if your Dad cares, which is a good thing.  U r a young guy who is talented at poker, but this aint the be all and end all.  Im not sure what your plans are? (thats why I asked u in an earlier post).  Why not keep playing poker as a hobby and only dedicate a certain amount of time a wk to it.  You are young so keep your options open and dont put all your eggs in one basket/rash decisions.  U will know what is best for yourself, but in a few years, once you have tried other things you will know more clearly and you can be sure poker will still be there. Best of luck, whatever you do.
    Posted by DEL560
    Just looked back at that post and noticed I gave a Poker-related answer, probably because I wasn't sure whether you meant long term Poker plans or long term plans in general. Real life plan was basically to get A levels, go to Uni and go from there - not too sure what I'm actually going to do end up doing tbh. 

Before joining here, there was some issues with the College I'm currently at, got taken off a couple of 2nd year courses and having to re-sit the 1st year, resulted in me having to do a third year at College if I want to go to a decent University, which kinda sucked but wasn't a massive problem.

Since then they decided since that they won't let me do a particular 2 year course in 1 year that I was going to do next year, which they previously said was okay to do, so I'd now have to do 4 years at College if I wanted to get the A levels that I want (which would also involve paying for the 4th year).

Told them to stick their college where the sun doesn't shine and applied elsewhere, which'll hopefully allow me to get to University in September 2013 and study what I want to study, rather than having to pick an A level to do in 1 year that I'm not particularly interested in or stay in College for a 4th year.

So yeah, real life plans are unclear atm, can't really do much until I hear back from other Colleges about interviews and stuff.
  • edited April 2012
    So glad that posted. Had an error message appear when I clicked the post button and forgot to copy/paste before, lol.
  • edited April 2012
    EvilPingu I haven't really been following your diary but I've got to agree that you're probably not rolled for PLO50. PLO is super-swingy, not to mention infuriating, so I'd want at least 100 buy-ins. Not that I would ever consider playing PLO for actual money. My laptop would never survive...

No sage wisdom on the family front from me. I hardly speak to mine and that's the way we all like it. :)
    You should definitely prioritise college and go to Uni. I didn't and I'm regretting it now, big time - Unemployed with no degree at 26 aint no fun. Which courses are you taking? I did an A-level in business studies in one year and it was a doddle (apart from those pesky exams) but I couldn't have imagined doing my history A-level in one year.
  • edited April 2012
    There are now two diaries I follow one is JJs he others is yours. Its interesting to hear about your home life as well as your poker life, I didnt realise you where so young. I have a theory that good poker pros would generally be sucessful in anything they choose to do in life. What im trying to say is dont put all your eggs in one basket, it will give you choices when you get older if your then good enough to be the next redmond lee then good luck to you.

Im typing this on the way to work, sigh, but there are no bad beats when you have a career. Work hard and prosper, Tikay im sure will endorse that.
  • edited April 2012
    Thursday 18th April

Decided to try HU today, although I think I'll avoid playing HU again for a while. Got crushed by everyone except fish.

Action Table 37, -£24.02, made a hero call with Ace High vs. TommyD for a £80 pot, only to be outkicked.
    50NL HU, -£144.47

£3.15 Hyper HU, W1 L2, -£3.45
    £5.25 Hyper HU, W2 L3, -£19.25
    £10.50 Hyper HU, W1 L7, -£64.00

£5.25 Turbo HU,  W0 L1, -£5.25

Bankroll: £1,832.40
    Today: -£260.44
    This month: -£615.58
    C4P: 5,722 (£103.00)

• edited April 2012
    I think you were tilted by the time you played me. I was also a tilted!, my internet had just cost me 120 pound!...
  • edited April 2012
    I also generously donated 50 quid to DOHHHHHHH as well, )
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk retires from playing Heads-up [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    I also generously donated 50 quid to DOHHHHHHH as well, )
    Posted by EvilPingu

Tried to post the hand to show you up:), but im too stupid to do this.
  • edited April 2012

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance Spad3s Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £53.20 EvilPingu Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £58.50   Your hole cards 4 4       Spad3s Raise   £0.75 £1.50 £52.45 EvilPingu Raise   £3.00 £4.50 £55.50 Spad3s Call   £2.50 £7.00 £49.95 Flop     K 4 J       EvilPingu Bet   £4.00 £11.00 £51.50 Spad3s Raise   £9.00 £20.00 £40.95 EvilPingu All-in   £51.50 £71.50 £0.00 Spad3s All-in   £40.95 £112.45 £0.00 EvilPingu Unmatched bet   £5.55 £106.90 £5.55 Spad3s Show 4 4       EvilPingu Show A Q       Turn     3       River     K       Spad3s Win Full House, 4s and Kings £105.90   £105.90

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: Donk retires from playing Heads-up [EvilPingu's Diary]:
    In Response to Re: Donk retires from playing Heads-up [EvilPingu's Diary] : Tried to post the hand to show you up:), but im too stupid to do this.
    Posted by Spad3s
    The set of 4s v AQ on KJ4 where I tried to make you fold and it didn't work? :P