You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Well as some of you may know, Sky have quite a generous promotion running for this month where if you get 60k C4P then you will get a 3k package full of gadgets and stuff, on top of your usual C4P promo.

This is something I'm gonna try for so gonna document my progress here.  

Please feel free to join in with your own targets...whether your just trying to get to 1k/make 10k for priority club or like me going for the massive 60k....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how I've got on so far...

Got back from NYE stuff at 2am last night, and as I only had a couple of drinks, decided to play.  

Tables were good and there was a lot of action going.  I was on 18 tables for about an hour or so.  Basically every ring game that was running from 40nl thru to 200nl.

Sadly the action started dying at 3am and tables started breaking so for the rest of the session I was on about 6-8...but they were all good games.  I played thru to 7am cos there were a couple of players on 100nl who were very deep stacked and who I thought I could get some money off.  Sadly that ddin't happen tho and all that semed to happen was me shipping money over to them!

Profits wise I made a nice profit for the 5 hour grind.

C4P total so far - 1725

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Gl with this Ryan, I will be following your progress very closely. 

As Sam pointed out on the other thread, this will be a hard long slog, are you worried that due to the volume needed for this that it may affect your play due to tiredness or burn out? What I mean is, are you worried that by not being as "sharp" your monthly profit may be affected - I know you could offset any loss against the extra C4P you will earn but is the £3k you will gain in "free stuff" be worthwhile in the end? 

Not trying to flame here, just interested in your thoughts on the matter. 
  • edited January 2012
    18 tabling on sky. wtf.  And profiting?

Superhero....

This month i'm going to move up to 100nl, play less tables (played 8-12 at 50) starting with 6 and aiming to be at 8 shortly after.

Given that the rakeback% has gone down somewhat I have done this to compensate by making more £ per hour in play rather than having rakeback be such a big part of my winrate.  Forget rake races.. It's silly :)
  • edited January 2012
    I think that the sharpness will be a factor.  I've done big weeks where I have made between 12 and 20k C4P before and you def do feel it. Hope that I can overcome this tho.  My winrate may go down, but I think that will mainly because I will be playing more tables and thus I will adapt my play and won't be able to make reads on randoms tho.  

I'm ok with playing with most regs tho as they never adapt.  GLifulose might tho :(

Just to clarify I was going to make January a big month anwyay so the prize package has only given me more motivation.  I really want to play a lot of live poker in the next year as part of Team Sky Poker.  They basically double my C4P for a live roll so I do have that extra incentive.
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks for that Scotty, I am glad you have another goal in this as well with regards to the live poker entries for TSP, I think that will be more of an incentive for you than the the actual free stuff tbh. 

I wish you all the best with this and I hope you don't fail like Greghogg will with his weightloss ;)
    Nah, I know you will give this your best shot mate and I will be funking hard for you to achieve your goals!! 
  • edited January 2012
    Just had a small loss that session.  Was timing out as I was in some sats for tonights roller plus 16 tables of cash.

The loss was unavoidable.  Had a mid set run into top set twice.  AK v QQ didn't get there.  Set v straight for a big pot.  I was surprised that it was as minor as it was at only 200 down.

Won a seat into tonights 220 roller so technically a small profit but w/e.

C4P - 2348
  • edited January 2012
    To the OP , please note that us smaller folks dont like this new stuff as our 1k in points has diminished from £15 to £8.60

Would be interesting if the bigger rolled players LOST a near 50% of their c4p ??

Not a dig at ureself as ure entitled to sumfin extra at ure level but i feel us lower players have been taken the right pee out of.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    To the OP , please note that us smaller folks dont like this new stuff as our 1k in points has diminished from £15 to £8.60 Would be interesting if the bigger rolled players LOST a near 50% of their c4p ?? Not a dig at ureself as ure entitled to sumfin extra at ure level but i feel us lower players have been taken the right pee out of.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    1000 is £10? still sucks though
  • edited January 2012
    as usual

the rich get richer

the poor get poorer!

just have to grind that bit harder, i guess
  • edited January 2012

This new c4p system along with the (un)happy hour must be two of the most divisive promotions made by Sky. As a minnow I struggle to make 500 points with the safety net of a decent freeroll if I dont make it---no longer available. I think that the fall- out from all of this will be felt for a long time. 
  • edited January 2012
    If you are a recreational/casual player you really shouldn't worry about C4P too much.  It should just be a nice bonus at the end of the month if you do make it.

You should focus on finding good games and having fun, while building up your bankroll and maybe moving up levels.

To give the people who say things like 'high stakes players are looked after the most'...well last year I probably generated between 50 and 60 THOUSAND pounds in rake and I doubt I was in the top 30 rakers on Sky for 2011.
  • edited January 2012
    If you are a recreational/casual player you really shouldn't worry about C4P too much.  It should just be a nice bonus at the end of the month if you do make it. You should focus on finding good games and having fun, while building up your bankroll and maybe moving up levels. To give the people who say things like 'high stakes players are looked after the most'...well last year I probably generated between 50 and 60 THOUSAND pounds in rake and I doubt I was in the top 30 rakers on Sky for 2011.
    Posted by scotty77

I completely agree with the above, the people playing 100nl and above need to be looked after. For the small grinders out there - your still getting something for nothing. Ok so it might be worth less than it used to but if we want more big tourneys and events like UKOPS then the bodys at Sky need to tighten there belts somewhere, and i for one would rather we had the big events to draw more players and thus make the site more succsessfull in the future.

Cheers Kyle
  • edited January 2012
    If you are a recreational/casual player you really shouldn't worry about C4P too much.  It should just be a nice bonus at the end of the month if you do make it.
    Posted by scotty77
    I doubt that many of the aforementioned players are 'worried' about c4p - I Imagine  the very fact that they are casual players suggests that they  have enough going on In their real lives not  to lose sleep over this. However, no one can be blamed for being slightly peeved . The majority of us  certainly don't begrudge any higher stakes players getting whatever bonuses they deserve ( and they do deserve them) . For most of us, reaching 1000 points Is quite an achievement and the original payout was also a nice Incentive. To have this reduced Is quite disappointing. As for grinding abit harder - some might decide It's just not worth It.
  • edited January 2012
    Even tho this isn't the right place for this, I think that people thinking that Sky are cutting back on the C4P system because some bonus payments are lower is a bit wrong.

People got used to grinding 2k/5k/10k whatever a month and because of the tier system that was in place and hence thats what people aimed for.  

Now the system is far fairer as every point is counted.

Someone asked on the forum how it would affect them if they made between 5k and 6k per month

I got the calculator out (well clicked on start>accessories) and if he made between 5k and 5.5k then he was worse off but if he made 5.5 and 6k he was better off.

The reason why the payments for the original tiers have fallen is so Sky can increase the payments for those who who made it in between the tiers everymonth.
  • edited January 2012
    Can we not hijack his thread please ppl, i wanna read this and not have to skip all your posts. There is another thread ppl have been commenting if you feel the need...

GL Ryan looking forward to reading your progress and hope you run good and keep fresh
  • edited January 2012
    Ok end of third session of the day.

Won like 250 on cash so got back what I lost this afternoon plus some extra.  Bricked the roller/primo/22BH.

Feeling ok tbh. Tables weren't that great so decided to take a break before the C4P Happy Hour at 11.

Still got the C4P from the tournies to go in, for some reason sometimes Sky only credit them once the bubble bursts.

C4P total - 3128

would be nice if other people joined in btw!
  • edited January 2012
    Can we not hijack his thread please ppl, i wanna read this and not have to skip all your posts. There is another thread ppl have been commenting if you feel the need... GL Ryan looking forward to reading your progress and hope you run good and keep fresh
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    YG i agree with nearly ALL of ure posts BUT on this occasion i DO NOT , i know 'for a fact' that you have done this same thing on other threads , so please DONT put ure 2 pennyworth in here with a post like this;

PS i still luvs ya tho and HAPPY NEW YEAR babe xx

PPS i just asked ryan a question , which he aint answered
    //
    How would he feel if he lost 40-50 % of his c4p per month ??
  • edited January 2012
    Ok Ryan, I'm game.

After the Lord Mayor's show today.  Total Elm Street TBH.

Played some NL200, DYMs and the usuall major MTTs on a Sunday.  Bricked everything really and starting 2012 with a £800 hole.  Not to worry, was expecting a bounce back, got to deal with positive tilt.

My C4P target is to get back into the Priority Club, I switched my major grind from DYMs to Cash around October last year and as a result I was just falling short of the 10K mark and rightly got booted after missing 10k for a few months.

With the MTT points still due to go in I'm on 592 points for the day.  Might play a bit more later.
  • edited January 2012
    Ok end of third session of the day. Won like 250 on cash so got back what I lost this afternoon plus some extra.  Bricked the roller/primo/22BH. Feeling ok tbh. Tables weren't that great so decided to take a break before the C4P Happy Hour at 11. Still got the C4P from the tournies to go in, for some reason sometimes Sky only credit them once the bubble bursts. C4P total - 3128 would be nice if other people joined in btw!
    Posted by scotty77
    Best of luck mate, my target is 20k.

I've woken up with a New yr's cold so cut my session short today.

Current points total = 380, 19620 to go!
  • edited January 2012
    Ok just had a good session.  Got lucky in 2 big pots tho.  But also played well I think.  Decent profit for the hour and half I was on.

Was 20 tabling at one point...mix of 50-100nl.

I am noticing a big difference in my game.  I'm getting to turns/rivers a lot and forgetting the action and being totally stumped at what to do.  Also I'm not barrelling people enough now as I can't really keep a good track of the hands.  People who I would barrell like 90pc of the time because they love to fold I'm just giving up.

I'm feeling good tho.

C4P total - 4197
  • edited January 2012
    Ok just had a good session.  Got lucky in 2 big pots tho.  But also played well I think.  Decent profit for the hour and half I was on. Was 20 tabling at one point...mix of 50-100nl. I am noticing a big difference in my game.  I'm getting to turns/rivers a lot and forgetting the action and being totally stumped at what to do.  Also I'm not barrelling people enough now as I can't really keep a good track of the hands.  People who I would barrell like 90pc of the time because they love to fold I'm just giving up. I'm feeling good tho. C4P total - 4197
    Posted by scotty77
    Ok dont answer my question

Happy new year

and i hope you achieve ure goal as i respect any challenge

so best of luck

debs xxx
  • edited January 2012
    sigh i didnt see it at the end of loads of PPS's

yes I would be annoyed but it would be a far greater loss to my income than it would be to most on the site.

one thing that I was surprised that Sky cut was the free entry tournie for people who made between 250-499 points and think that that should be reintroduced but Sky obviously hvae their reasons and they know far more about the business than I do...
  • edited January 2012
    sigh i didnt see it at the end of loads of PPS's yes I would be annoyed but it would be a far greater loss to my income than it would be to most on the site. one thing that I was surprised that Sky cut was the free entry tournie for people who made between 250-499 points and think that that should be reintroduced but Sky obviously hvae their reasons and they know far more about the business than I do...
    Posted by scotty77
    Tyvm for ure reply and tho obv a bit annoyed with the new system i know sky is a business so i obv have to take it on the chin , along with others , i mean at end of day do i really wanna play anywhere else ??

No i think not

Gl with ure challenge scotty my dear xxx
  • edited January 2012
    One last session in.  Pretty standard session.  Not sure how much I can get in tomorrow.  Gonna be busy until 7/8ish.  Hope to get another 2.5kish tomorrow tho.

C4P Total - 4475
  • edited January 2012
    Went back for some more punishment at DYMs

After Day 1 C4P total 1392.  Grand start but with work coming back to say hello tomorrow that pace will not be kept up.
  • edited January 2012
    Good luck Ryan, Il join in too. For the last 6 months iv been hovering around the 10k c4p mark.

January's target for me is 16k.

Target: 16,000
    Current: 0
  • edited January 2012

Good luck with this mate.... impressive start.

Would really like a crack at this, but pretty sure it's beyond me.
    Got a couple of days away with the missus later in the  month, plus the £500 deepstack at DTD next weekend, plus 2 kids etc.....
    Think the most I've ever done is 28k points, so it's a lot more than I've ever done before.

I like a challenge though, so going to put in some volume first 4 or 5 days, see where I stand then, and make a decision on the rest of the month at that point.
    (On about 2400 after day 1).
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Tyvm for ure reply and tho obv a bit annoyed with the new system i know sky is a business so i obv have to take it on the chin , along with others , i mean at end of day do i really wanna play anywhere else ?? No i think not Gl with ure challenge scotty my dear xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Totally agree, I wouldn`t want to play elsewhere, but I am concerned that Sky do not go the same way as another UK site that was independant until a couple of years or so ago before it gave in and signed up to a commercial skin to the site`s detriment IMO. 
  • edited January 2012
    An add on to my last post (no this Is not a hijack Young gun) Gl Scotty. hope you get there. I look forward to following your progress
  • edited January 2012
    Played for a bit before I am off out.  Wish I hadn't.  Minus 350 session.

Lost a big big pot with Runitsrann.  KTo is such a silly hand just fold pre next time Ryan.  Here's the hand.  If Rann raises turn I prob fold I just couldn't see how the guy who shoved turn can have a set here hence why I went all in and there was Mr Rann sat there behind with the #nuts.  MBN

C4P Total - 4606

Hand History #457750924 (11:59 02/01/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    zaxus0118 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £194.30
    HAYLZ Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £101.99
      Your hole cards
    • K

scotty77 Raise   £4.00 £5.50 £218.40
    gasleeek Fold        
    RUNITSRANN Call   £4.00 £9.50 £207.50
    zaxus0118 Call   £3.50 £13.00 £190.80
    HAYLZ Call   £3.00 £16.00 £98.99
    Flop

zaxus0118 Check        
    HAYLZ Check        
    scotty77 Bet   £12.00 £28.00 £206.40
    RUNITSRANN Call   £12.00 £40.00 £195.50
    zaxus0118 Call   £12.00 £52.00 £178.80
    HAYLZ Fold        
    Turn

• K

zaxus0118 Check        
    scotty77 Bet   £36.00 £88.00 £170.40
    RUNITSRANN Call   £36.00 £124.00 £159.50
    zaxus0118 All-in   £178.80 £302.80 £0.00
    scotty77 All-in   £170.40 £473.20 £0.00
    RUNITSRANN All-in   £159.50 £632.70 £0.00
    scotty77 Unmatched bet   £10.90 £621.80 £10.90
    zaxus0118 Show
    • K
    • Q

scotty77 Show
    • K

RUNITSRANN Show

River

• Q

RUNITSRANN Win Three 10s £620.00   £620.00
  • edited January 2012
    decided to stop being lazy and have a go a this, think im at ~1800 after day1. going to try and 12 table ~6hrs a day focusing sessions around the happy hours, although this means 1pm start which is quite early!

what you have said about getting to turn/river not knowing whats gone on previously i can relate to that sooooo much, used to think i was pfr and just donk lead loads of times and get myself into a right mess