You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Was brutal mate. Thinking of letting 'em have a McFlurry tomorrow as a treat!! (One between them obv.....).
    Posted by jakally
    It sure was Brutal , not so bad if the 6 8 held :(..... If they are sharing a Mcflurry make sure its topped with orange smarties :)....
  • edited January 2012
    Was working today so didn't play that much..

Basicly break even in DYM's again, was not too happy with my play though... and loosing basicly every flip didn't help..

In Double stack Main came 21st, close to another deep run - With 13BB got involved in coin flip and lost 66<AJ
    In Mini Main went out in first hand - got AA, raised 5xBB , Button goes all in with QQ - lost to a flash..

Was close to qualify to SPT Luton but as already won 1 semi (was only 7 runners though so didn't get seat just cash), decided to buy in directly :) Have to deffend my 1st place in Leaderboard :)

Would play some more but working at 7am so time to get some sleep.

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 1.856
  • edited January 2012

Just finished after 3 sessions today (about 9 hours total).
    The last one was an absolute horror show, and would have ended it much sooner if it wasn't for this damned points challenge :). About an hour before the finish, I started to get slightly blurred vision..... at least that's what it felt like. It could just have been red mist in front of my eyes, as I watched another buy-in slide over to LOL_RAISE's corner of the table.

Was going to play just two sessions, with the second one straddling the last two Happy Hours.Only by about 9.30pm, it felt like I was fighting a lone battle with few resources, and opponents who were better organised, and well equiped, and I needed to get away from that for a while............ so I sloped off to watch Die Hard 2!

First two sessions were Run Like God, so despite the last one being Run Like Gliterbabe it was still a profitable day.

C4P 10817..... well ahead of where I thought I would be at this stage, and highly unlikely I will be giving up anytime soon.
  • edited January 2012

Perfect midweek session - 400 points and £60 profit, can't say fairer than that!

1665 points - target 20k.

Gonna slap on the war paint2moro2prepare4the big week-end grind.
  • edited January 2012
    Finsihed for the  day.

Swung between +200/300 and break even all day.  Ended the day up 13 pounds.

Think I did tilt a bit tho so should have been more.

The 60k is gonna be real tough, probably tougher than I thought it would be.  The games are probably running at record volume tho so Sky must be very pleased.  Not the best value tho but  still money to be made. 

I do find it odd how traffic increases around happy hour tho.  The players who sit/leave during the period are always ones who i tagged to be NOT winning players.  I assume they must break even every month and rely on C4P for the profits.  

Wanted to be at 11.5k at this point but still a long way to go.  Thursday/Friday I'm gonna have to step up my volume a lot.  I'm doing the show on both Saturday and Sunday which could hinder me, as annoyingly that is when the best games tend to run.  

C4P Total - 11026
  • edited January 2012
    Managed 774 points today.

Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 2331

(14.57% of the way there)
  • edited January 2012
      Wanted to be at 11.5k at this point but still a long way to go.  Thursday/Friday I'm gonna have to step up my volume a lot.  I'm doing the show on both Saturday and Sunday which could hinder me, as annoyingly that is when the best games tend to run.   C4P Total - 11026
    Posted by scotty77
    You really will need to up the volume for sure, specially if your going to miss a few days ... I hit 68k one month but was playing insane volume and way too many hrs... I swore to myself that I would never do that again, as it nearly killed me!!! But  after reading how everyone was doing I felt like I needed to join in, don't think I can hit 60k as missed too many days but I like a challenge.... Need 3k aday which tbh is a piece of cake...
  • edited January 2012
    Well I have 6 days where I can't play 'full days'.  I can probably play enough for between 500-1k points.

Got 26 days left in total this month which means I need to average around 1.9k/day.

I really don't want to be in a situation tho where I am in a race against time tho.  Ideally I'd like to have the 60k locked up by SPT Luton so I can really enjoy the event.

• edited January 2012
    @ 10.2k going ok but spewing terribly
  • edited January 2012
    2701 points.

Had a shocking session, the end of it on semi tilt, was 4.5 buyins down at the end. Had some terrible calls like 35 vs ak and kj vs qq (when i three bet the qs large) only to bink two jacks on the flop. I lost it after the 35 call, need to learn to channel the aggression more appropriately, apologies to those involved.

Gonna chill and play a few hypers see if I can be bothered with cash later.
  • edited January 2012
    Down like 270ish today.  Not playing that great.  Gonna just try and nit it up in a bit after I make a coffee.

C4P Total - 11861
  • edited January 2012
    Can we not hijack his thread please ppl, i wanna read this and not have to skip all your posts. There is another thread ppl have been commenting if you feel the need... GL Ryan looking forward to reading your progress and hope you run good and keep fresh
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Cool.
  • edited January 2012
    Not too much poker today as was warking again but finally running better. Had a short but very profitable DYM session.

Also won a seat in Roller. Got to a good start after taking scotty77 out (sorry Ryan), but after didn't pick up many hands and went out 15th... sigh.
    Went deep in 15K bounty hunter - 25th + 2 heads and in 4K BH min cashed as well - 23th.
    So much better day.

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 2183

Probably no chance of playing tomorrow, but we'll see...

• edited January 2012
    Evening session was a tale of two halves , first half during the happy hour saw more losses at one stage of 7.5 buyins at nl40. Didnt feel tilted and ploughed on my monster hands started to get paid  resulting in a highly profitable evening Shame the profitable run didnt continue ended the day around 2.5 buyins down which in the circumstances is not bad.  This is the first time in a week im down for the day. 

Cash for points 3115.
  • edited January 2012
    Sounds like everyones really stepping up their game this month.  Good to hear!

Mariusz no worries mate you played it well and I played it like a clown!

• edited January 2012
    Managed 702 points today. Wanted 800 but just couldnt carry on #tired

Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 3033

(18.96% of the way there)
  • edited January 2012
    Squeezed in a few games the last two days.  C4P up to 3400.  On course for my 10k.

A bit bitter sweet though, if only the DYM crowd could grow a little.  If some £220 ran alongside more £110 games I think I could have a real run at a good points score.
  • edited January 2012
    at 12.9k c4p really happy how i played today, thin i made 1 possible big mistake vs jakally HU where i 3b/5b 66 in preflop, however i honestly dont know whether this hand happened today or yesterday the way things have been going.

ran crazy bad today, probably 10+  2/3/4/5 outers for £200+ pots i think. finsihed with a £30 profit which im pretty ecstatic about.

• edited January 2012
    Sounds like everyones really stepping up their game this month.  Good to hear! Mariusz no worries mate you played it well and I played it like a clown!
    Posted by scotty77
    Sounds like and looks like!!!!  Never in the 5 years of playing here , have I had such a nightmare getting in a ring game.... 30 mins before happy hour begins is redic... sends my pc into spasms when all of a sudden 20 tables srtart opening up  when i've joined every list possible...

Picked up the pace today 14 tabled since 11am with 2 hours off, bagged a good profit and 5k+  points ... still going strong may finish at 4am :)...... 9k points total ....
  • edited January 2012
    ok after playing some pretty bad stuff earlier and being about 400 down on cash i managed to claw it back.  I'm about 150 up today on cash.  Didn't play a great number of tables, played about 8-10 which I felt very comfortable doing and felt a lot better about how I was playing.  

as I'm typing this I'm CL with 5 left in the 4k 22 quid BH.  theres like 650 plus head prizes for the winner so would be nice to win.  i haven't done anything in a tournie on Sky in so long so would just be nice to get something going upwards on my sharkscope :)

gonna be playing until 2-3am this morning...maybe later see how I feel.  would be nice to break 14k by the end of the next session tho.

C4P Total - 13303
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Sounds like and looks like!!!!  Never in the 5 years of playing here , have I had such a nightmare getting in a ring game.... 30 mins before happy hour begins is redic... sends my pc into spasms when all of a sudden 20 tables srtart opening up  when i've joined every list possible... Picked up the pace today 14 tabled since 11am with 2 hours off, bagged a good profit and 5k+  points ... still going strong may finish at 4am :)...... 9k points total ....
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Man when Happy Hours start/end it is ridic.  Esp at the end when millions of tables pop up I can't keep up with it all!  Sky's rake figures must be thru the roof
  • edited January 2012

It's pretty much assured by volume of hands played, but every day is very swingy at the minute.
    I was 5 or 6 buyins down within 90 minutes of start up this morning, got back to nearly level, then went another 3 or 4 behind.
    Ran really well at £1.50/£3 the second half of the day, which helped towards a finish in profit.

It's kinda easy to understand the 'online poker is rigged' brigade sometimes.
    I've had runs of winning, and losing, 5 or 6 races consecutively, over the last few days.
    I've had Aces into Kings, and Kings into Aces, plenty, and got lucky, and unlucky, in equal measure.
    All standard stuff, but can feel quite harsh and unfair at times.

It feels like I've run good, but that's probably because the most recent session went ok, and I'm fairly certain that it's close to balanced in terms of good and bad fortune.

Played 10 - 11 tables most of the day, and just about got away with it most of the time.
    Timed out quite a few times, but managed to focus on the important hands that came up.
    Obviously going to rush some decisions, and make some mistakes, but needs must and all that.

Decent volume today, but playing the Deepstack at Dusk Till Dawn tommorow evening so will be a shortish day.

C4P 14156
  • edited January 2012
    My quest for 10k is struggling.

1035 after 5 days is way off target. And I put in about 4 hours today on cash tables. My brain and laptop cant cope with more than 5 tables. Need to upgrade both.

Spewed 2 buyins playing 6 tables,but battled back to get a decent profit only to blow half of it when rivered twice.

Think I will have to bite the bullet 2moro and move up a level, but dont want to start playing losing poker after 5 days of profit.

• edited January 2012

Slightly bigger session2day, ground out 555 points but gave back the £60 I made yesterday!

2220 points, target 20K

• edited January 2012
    It's Jakally ! Incredibly swingy day today was -800 at one point running dreadful, then went to superan mode and came back with about a 30 quid loss so happy before pool. Will see what time i get back and grind a little more if the games are running. 6500 points
    Posted by Nutter5932

Best of luck Nut, would be great to see a DYM player make it.

How many tables do you multi?

• edited January 2012
    Came 2nd in that BH.  Think I got 550 or something.  Got owned HU so bad lol.

Just played for a bit.  Lost a small amount.

C4P Total - 13606 
  • edited January 2012
    Managed to get to 12249pts but finding it really hard... keep thinking about giving up

I wonder if I get say 50k points I could just have the iPad and the 3D TV and they can keep the rest?
  • edited January 2012
    Squeezed in a few games the last two days.  C4P up to 3400.  On course for my 10k. A bit bitter sweet though, if only the DYM crowd could grow a little.  If some £220 ran alongside more £110 games I think I could have a real run at a good points score.
    Posted by TommyD
    This is exactly why i wish Sky would jump off the cash bandwagon for just a second, and promote Stt's for  change !   Very rare, the 110s even run,   would be nice to be able to actually multi-table 55s and 82.50s. !  Can't even get a game during the day.

On 4100 C4P.  Aim 22k !
  • edited January 2012
    This is a great thread, really look forward to reading it in the morning! thanks for keeping it updated guys. The volume you are putting in is insane, it's fun for us smaller stakes players to read about big numbers.
  • edited January 2012
    This is a great thread, really look forward to reading it in the morning! thanks for keeping it updated guys. The volume you are putting in is insane, it's fun for us smaller stakes players to read about big numbers.
    Posted by salad24
    +1, aspirations and all that...