You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : This rake race has generated so much traffic it would be insane for Sky to not run the same or similar promotion every month for the for seeable future
    Posted by FlashFlush
    would be a horrific thing to do!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : explain?
    Posted by achill

fish wont enjoy 44 games of the same 4 players just folding

the regs will either burn out, realise they suck or busto

you have to be aware of what time frame you're looking at.

1 month time line it's great for sky

12 months not neccessarily so

how will this massive grind affect people for the rest of the year, with regards to volume, willingness to play etc.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : would be a horrific thing to do!
    Posted by hurst05

do you like how I came home from Ireland and snap sat on your left on the Nl50 action table babes ? 

I missssssssss ur under sets xx
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : fish wont enjoy 44 games of the same 4 players just folding the regs will either burn out, realise they suck or busto you have to be aware of what time frame you're looking at. 1 month time line it's great for sky 12 months not neccessarily so how will this massive grind affect people for the rest of the year, with regards to volume, willingness to play etc.
    Posted by beaneh
    ok.

cheers.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : do you like how I came home from Ireland and snap sat on your left on the Nl50 action table babes ?  I missssssssss ur under sets xx
    Posted by beaneh
    you got balls :P x
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : you got balls :P x
    Posted by hurst05

you know dat cos I keep putting dem in your mouth :loooooool:
  • edited January 2012
    4.2k. Pretty much break eve on poker. Dohhhhhhh's tipping service binked 250 quid on the  horses to a ten quid stake.
  • edited January 2012
    Playing too much cash now, Thought I would play the roller and a few tournies 2nite.

£170 in entry fees and not a single cash. Played dreadful.

So hit the happy hour only at 10/20 and 15/30 and ran golden. £182 from 4 tables in 45 mins.

But still miles behind priority club target on 1400. May give it up but nice to be enjoying cash.
  • edited January 2012

Did a Gliterbabe-esque six and a half hour session this afternoon, covering the first two happy hours, then a shorter one later on.
    Made an ok profit, but didn't feel I played particularly well, especially at the end of each session.
    Tables were pretty mixed during the afternoon (regs / non-regs), but got tougher towards the 2nd HH, which was a factor, as was a bit of tiredness.

Made day 2 of the DTD jobbie, with slightly above average chips, so may not get to play online tomorrow (fingers crossed). 

I'm off to London on the 27th Jan for a couple of days. I can play after that (29th onwards) but would be awesome if I can have the 60k locked up before then. Going to track against that as a target (i.e. 60k by the 26th).

C4P 18266            (30.4% of target)
    After day 7 of 26 (26.9% of time elapsed)

• edited January 2012
    Did a Gliterbabe-esque six and a half hour session this afternoon, covering the first two happy hours, then a shorter one later on. Made an ok profit, but didn't feel I played particularly well, especially at the end of each session. Tables were pretty mixed during the afternoon (regs / non-regs), but got tougher towards the 2nd HH, which was a factor, as was a bit of tiredness. Made day 2 of the DTD jobbie, with slightly above average chips, so may not get to play online tomorrow (fingers crossed).  I'm off to London on the 27th Jan for a couple of days. I can play after that (29th onwards) but would be awesome if I can have the 60k locked up before then. Going to track against that as a target (i.e. 60k by the 26th). C4P 18266            (30.4% of target) After day 7 of 26 (26.9% of time elapsed)
    Posted by jakally
    So many heroes and sickos in this thread!! 

Good luck for tomorrow Mr Jakally Sir, do a min cash at least plz :) 
  • edited January 2012
    In response to some interesting points raised by paperboy.......

they are a load of gambling maniacs,playing 10 tables at once.

Guilty as charged.

they dont pay a penny tax on their winnings 

Absolutely correct, I don't currently pay income tax, but in fairness, I personally have contributed lots of income tax over the last 20+ years, and don't feel guilty about taking a couple of years out to pursue another interest.

sky laugh at them too,because they win every time wether these high rollers win or not ,if one of the goes broke  sky are not bothered theres always another personto take his place 
    I'm pretty sure Skypoker don't laugh at me, and their customer care has been above what I have received at the numerous other sites I have played. I can't begin to imagine what you would expect SP to do if someone went broke. Please enlighten me...

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : So many heroes and sickos in this thread!!  Good luck for tomorrow Mr Jakally Sir, do a min cash at least plz :) 
    Posted by dylan12

TY mate. A min cash would be a step in the right direction.... teach me how to win MTT's please...

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : This rake race has generated so much traffic it would be insane for Sky to not run the same or similar promotion every month for the for seeable future
    Posted by FlashFlush

Every month wouldn't work, I don't think.
    Personally, I'm looking forward to a more relaxed regime in Feb, and couldn't imagine doing this 2 months on the bounce.
    I reckon it's going to take me 180 - 190 hours of 10 tabling (just a guess, could be a bit out either way).
    That probably doesn't sound too excessive, compared to the hours people in normal jobs will put in during the month, but it's very intensive (not to mention unhealthy), and, for me, unsustainable month after month.

I think keeping the happy hours would still give Sky a decent uplift, and periodic promotions on top of that may work better.
    As someone mentioned in this, or a seperate thread, it maybe that the next promo is geared towards a different format (e.g. STT's).

• edited January 2012
    Nice one Jakally :)

Update....The swings are ridiculous for me so far thinking your on to a good run till whack. .  . . . see ya!

Played pretty much every 22 33 55 75dym for the last 2 days from when i have been on and must be doing 6-10 hour sessions easily. I want this done asap to get it out the way and not worry when in luton about points.

18,244 and i wanna slap a puppy :(

• edited January 2012
    Nice one Jakally :) Update....The swings are ridiculous for me so far thinking your on to a good run till whack. .  . . . see ya! Played pretty much every 22 33 55 75dym for the last 2 days from when i have been on and must be doing 6-10 hour sessions easily. I want this done asap to get it out the way and not worry when in luton about points. 18,244 and i wanna slap a puppy :(
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Wow great to see that a DYM player is keeping up with the cash guys! are you in the lead??

Hows the actual cash profit going compared to usual?
  • edited January 2012
    cos of show stuff have only just played a short session just now for an hour or so

won a few buy ins.  need to really step up the grind next week.  some  heroes really are crushing the games at the moment

C4P Total - 15600
  • edited January 2012
    Played 9x DYMS this afternoon and cashed all 9 (serious lucky binkage ftw)

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : In response to some interesting points raised by paperboy....... they are a load of gambling maniacs,playing 10 tables at once. Guilty as charged. they dont pay a penny tax on their winnings  Absolutely correct, I don't currently pay income tax, but in fairness, I personally have contributed lots of income tax over the last 20+ years, and don't feel guilty about taking a couple of years out to pursue another interest. sky laugh at them too,because they win every time wether these high rollers win or not ,if one of the goes broke  sky are not bothered theres always another personto take his place  I'm pretty sure Skypoker don't laugh at me, and their customer care has been above what I have received at the numerous other sites I have played. I can't begin to imagine what you would expect SP to do if someone went broke. Please enlighten me...
    Posted by jakally
    sky treat you well ,because they win off you,they take your rake win or loose,and give you a bit back.then they sit around a table to see what idea they can come up to make you play even more tables and play longer.like the new idea they have comeup with .lets see how many of you make.against the people who dont.as for you paying tax for twenty years,the comment was not aimed a you.but lets be honest,do any of you so called high rollers think sky really give a toss about you,your just cash cows to them...theyre saying ,dont tap the tank to each other..and to the person wanting to know if im a 25 year old paperboy.no im not im director of a building company.and if you would like to compare bank balances,your more than welcome..lol
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : I think you will find the best poker players on the site would be successful no matter what they did in life. So if they did go broke be wary for what you wish for, they could end up being your boss and giving you a lesson in spelling, punctuation and grammar.  Back on topic, just had a quick one hour session, small profit and cash for points totalling 3.8k.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    the best poker players on here.you think you would do well at every thing you tried.dont make me laugh.most of you could not find your back sides with both hands...you have found a niche in life wher e you can sit playing a game god knows how many hours a day,sponge off the country,and pay no tax.and not have to get out of bed.your wives deserve a medal.remember you push a button on a computer,you dont save lives or put out a fire .you push a button.if you really think you can be sucssesful at something else..give your finger a rest,your backside something to do,like get out of bed.and give it a try,that shouldbring you back to reality with a bang.but you wownt,you lot keep slapping each other on the back ,telling each other how great you are.one day the poker bubble will burst,you will start having to pay tax.lets see you win then...until then good luck on the tables
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : the best poker players on here.you think you would do well at every thing you tried.dont make me laugh.most of you could not find your back sides with both hands...you have found a niche in life wher e you can sit playing a game god knows how many hours a day,sponge off the country,and pay no tax.and not have to get out of bed.your wives deserve a medal.remember you push a button on a computer,you dont save lives or put out a fire .you push a button.if you really think you can be sucssesful at something else..give your finger a rest,your backside something to do,like get out of bed.and give it a try,that shouldbring you back to reality with a bang.but you wownt,you lot keep slapping each other on the back ,telling each other how great you are.one day the poker bubble will burst,you will start having to pay tax.lets see you win then...until then good luck on the tables
    Posted by paperboy25
    lol sum1 is very bitter

the top pro's on here will earn more than is possible in most jobs, being able to do it whilst sitting on your backside watching Sky is just a bonus
  • edited January 2012
    message to all you poker gods.....reality check....your tiny fish in a tiny tank..me thinks your all legends in your own minds.you all sit on different tables on cash..you dare not even play each other.and then you lie to each other about how much you win.so dont have a go at me because i have more money than the lot of you.im just not a poker freak.i look after mine.out of all your whole body.theres only a finger that does any work at all.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : sky treat you well ,because they win off you,they take your rake win or loose,and give you a bit back.then they sit around a table to see what idea they can come up to make you play even more tables and play longer.like the new idea they have comeup with .lets see how many of you make.against the people who dont.as for you paying tax for twenty years,the comment was not aimed a you.but lets be honest,do any of you so called high rollers think sky really give a toss about you,your just cash cows to them...theyre saying ,dont tap the tank to each other..and to the person wanting to know if im a 25 year old paperboy.no im not im director of a building company.and if you would like to compare bank balances,your more than welcome..lol
    Posted by paperboy25

Wowee a director ffs. I do apologise sir. Just remind me again what IS a director of a building company, because i worked in the building industry for over 20 years as , i regret to say a Managing Director and know many directors of building companies. Most of which consisted of Dad, lad, white van and mobile phone. LOl
    ps  and a good number of these didnt pay tax (if you know what i mean, nudge nudge wink wink.)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : lol sum1 is very bitter the top pro's on here will earn more than is possible in most jobs, being able to do it whilst sitting on your backside watching Sky is just a bonus
    Posted by SHANXTA
    pros.dont make me laugh.who would pay tor that body....lol
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... :  Wowee a director ffs. I do apologise sir. Just remind me again what IS a director of a building company, because i worked in the building industry for over 20 years as , i regret to say a Managing Director and know many directors of building companies. Most of which consisted of Dad, lad, white van and mobile phone. LOl ps  and a good number of these didnt pay tax (if you know what i mean, nudge nudge wink wink.)
    Posted by pomfrittes
    lol. you know me too well sir
  • edited January 2012
    wow , thats a bitter post. i work hard (60hrs a week average) days /nights weekend in the construction game as well. i pay 40% tax, and i would swap it all to be good enough to be sat on my a r s e and play poker all day.
    dont be a hater just get good!
  • edited January 2012
    wow , thats a bitter post. i work hard (60hrs a week average) days /nights weekend in the construction game as well. i pay 40% tax, and i would swap it all to be good enough to be sat on my a r s e and play poker all day. dont be a hater just get good!
    Posted by pod1
    truth hurts
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : truth hurts
    Posted by paperboy25
    my comment was to the so called poker pros.no you.you have not got time in a day to turn computer on
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : my comment was to the so called poker pros.no you.you have not got time in a day to turn computer on
    Posted by paperboy25
    not one of you has posted a message saying that its a bit mean of sky to reduce by 50 percent the rate that gets paid to the people at the bottom of the cash for points table.while the top gets more..anyway cant be bothered arguing anymore.you guys will always look after yourselves,until you come tumbling down...get your crash helmets on lads it can happen anytime.
  • edited January 2012
    lol, not one of them is arguing with you because they are all working. we all get time and a half at the mo

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : lol. you know me too well sir
    Posted by paperboy25
    At least your not jealous? loooool whether to believ you about your job in the first place is questionable you seem as if you have just taken a good beating for all your br form a reg on the site and want justice. Please stop posting on this thread nobody cares what you think apart from yourself but listening to you is comedy alone!

Would love to hear your thoughts on professional footballers then?