You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: re:
    In Response to Re: re : i've been staring at essentially this for 6/11 days this month. doing my utter nut in.  this is such an effort. it's totally doable but every time I sit down to play I just think als;kdflaskdfasljkdf can I be arrrsed ?!
    Posted by beaneh

Thats insane, you must be cross eyed after a session with that many tables!

My paltry cash for points, 6.4k sigh ........
  • edited January 2012
    3600 C4Ps, 36% through my targer of 10k. God it's nice to be free #smugface.

:D
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Ohh 'UL'.  Dont let this setback put u off your 'normal' game....Maybe u could post the hand ID in the 'Ask Tikay' thread and Ryan could kindly analyise it the next time he is on the show?.....Just an idea....Anyway 'gl'.
    Posted by DEL560
    Thank you sir. I'd really like Ryan to analyse my play sometime but he seems so busy with this cash for points stuff :(
  • edited January 2012
    Hardly played at all last few days due to having the whole central heating in my house replaced.

Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 4,131

(25.82% of the way there)

Gonna take some major grindage to reach my target.
  • edited January 2012

Out for meal / drinks in Derby last night, which cut the day short.
    Probably a good thing, as yesterday was a pretty bad one - played bad, ran bad, lost!

C4P 26423            (44.0% of target)
    After day 11 of 26 (42.3% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      2238 pts/day

Cool story regarding the winner of the £500 MTT @ DTD last weekend.
    This was written by Alex Goulder - a poker player who finalled the last two £1k Monte Carlo comps at DTD, winning one of them, and who did some of the commentary on the live stream of the £500 comp. (Posted across from another forum with his kind permission).

'It was a really interesting final though, and what an amazing result. For the second big tournament in a row, the final 4 have been 2 professionals and 2 amateurs and AGAIN the pros have come 3/4. So unpredictable this game is and what a credit to the guys that have come out on top each time. The two guys that came 1/2 - what legends they were. They both came and gave interviews, which were streamed but I don't know if any of you managed to catch them. If it gets on youtube, do watch them - they'll make you smile I promise.

Frank Flanagan came in 2nd for £45k and was such a gentleman about it, it was a pleasure to witness. Rob grilled him about his playing style and he simply said "I'd like to pretend I was mixing it up or doing some fancy moves, but the truth is, those guys are all better than me, I'm just a man who loves playing poker and today everything went my way". What a humble thing to say, fair play to him. 

The winner was Andrew Wan, who I recognised from my first ever tournament at DTD. The £10+£4 beginners freezeout back in 2009. He still grinds those comps every day and loves them. He was the best possible ambassador for mine and Dave's #lovethegame trend - he hardly ever stopped smiling all weekend. His interview was awesome too - the man freerolled in from the final table challenge, has never played a comp >£15 I don't think so the £52k he picked up was just enormous. He was speechless and then his phone rang, whilst live on air, he answers and says "Hey sis I just won 52 f****** grand! I'm live on air right now oh s*** I can't swear sorry sorry sorry!" Was hilarious.

We asked him whether he'd be moving up to the £50s now, and he just said "no, those guy are all too good for me, I know where my level is at, I'm gonna stick with the £15s". What a hero, so great to see someone like that win, and it's awesome for poker too.'

• edited January 2012
    Out for meal / drinks in Derby last night, which cut the day short. Probably a good thing, as yesterday was a pretty bad one - played bad, ran bad, lost! C4P 26423            (44.0% of target) After day 11 of 26 (42.3% of time elapsed) Rate Required      2238 pts/day Cool story regarding the winner of the £500 MTT @ DTD last weekend. This was written by Alex Goulder - a poker player who finalled the last two £1k Monte Carlo comps at DTD, winning one of them, and who did some of the commentary on the live stream of the £500 comp. (Posted across from another forum with his kind permission). 'It was a really interesting final though, and what an amazing result. For the second big tournament in a row, the final 4 have been 2 professionals and 2 amateurs and AGAIN the pros have come 3/4. So unpredictable this game is and what a credit to the guys that have come out on top each time. The two guys that came 1/2 - what legends they were. They both came and gave interviews, which were streamed but I don't know if any of you managed to catch them. If it gets on youtube, do watch them - they'll make you smile I promise. Frank Flanagan came in 2nd for £45k and was such a gentleman about it, it was a pleasure to witness. Rob grilled him about his playing style and he simply said "I'd like to pretend I was mixing it up or doing some fancy moves, but the truth is, those guys are all better than me, I'm just a man who loves playing poker and today everything went my way". What a humble thing to say, fair play to him.  The winner was Andrew Wan, who I recognised from my first ever tournament at DTD. The £10+£4 beginners freezeout back in 2009. He still grinds those comps every day and loves them. He was the best possible ambassador for mine and Dave's #lovethegame trend - he hardly ever stopped smiling all weekend. His interview was awesome too - the man freerolled in from the final table challenge, has never played a comp />£15 I don't think so the £52k he picked up was just enormous. He was speechless and then his phone rang, whilst live on air, he answers and says "Hey sis I just won 52 f****** grand! I'm live on air right now oh s*** I can't swear sorry sorry sorry!" Was hilarious. We asked him whether he'd be moving up to the £50s now, and he just said "no, those guy are all too good for me, I know where my level is at, I'm gonna stick with the £15s". What a hero, so great to see someone like that win, and it's awesome for poker too.'
    Posted by jakally
    Top post Neil
    When i read this on the other forum i thought it was a great story. It gives us all hope  Good luck with the grind.

Dai
  • edited January 2012
    so who's the big winner so far? (apart from sky) lol_raise reckon he's 5k down, all the other nosebleed regs seem to be nut-peddling

is every1 just playin it down? keeping it hush etc..?
  • edited January 2012
    so who's the big winner so far? (apart from sky) lol_raise reckon he's 5k down, all the other nosebleed regs seem to be nut-peddling is every1 just playin it down? keeping it hush etc..?
    Posted by sikas
    As a regular viewer of the big guns, I reckon Launder, always seems to have a huge stack on ring games
  • edited January 2012
    so who's the big winner so far? (apart from sky) lol_raise reckon he's 5k down, all the other nosebleed regs seem to be nut-peddling is every1 just playin it down? keeping it hush etc..?
    Posted by sikas

no ones really going to answer that, LRaise just wants sympathy. he should'nt get it i'm keeping him in clothes and food with all our all in pres grrrrrrrrrrr

no money in poker, everyones solid.
  • edited January 2012
    i wasnt 5k down overall, just down somewhere around that amount at 1/3, but running good at lower stakes to compensate
    im in slight profit for the month which im quite happy with, aim is £5k + c4ps
  • edited January 2012
    So that was probably the worst I've ever played... I think I'm building some terrible players bankrolls

Wish I'd never started to do it but come too far to give up now 26,598 pts

In response to Sikas I'm just about still in profit for the month which is awful considering I came 2nd in the roller on 1st of Jan and had a decent session at 2.5/5 the other day

NEVER AGAIN!
  • edited January 2012

question to op   i can't say i worked it out but arent u paying more in rake them the 3k of prizes ur going to get and by the sounds of the promotion i seems like a thing that needs to be achieve every moenth to get the best out of it

• edited January 2012
    Questions for you high stakes reg guys...

You see a new name, an unknown player, do you assume they are "value" until proven otherwise?

And how long does it take you tofind out whether the oppo is a good/bad player?
  • edited January 2012

Note to self :

* do not play when hungover
    * do not have a 1 hour spell every day when you decide to try to hero call, or triple barrel every pot
    * win more races at £1.50 / £3

Summary : played ok (less 1 hour), small loss

Overall still in decent profit for the month, but was flying by the end of Sunday and a bumpy few days have turned an excellent month, into an ok month.

C4P 29308           (48.8% of target)
    After day 12 of 26 (46.1% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      2192 pts/day
  • edited January 2012
    Haven't updated for a bit.  Played well today.  Didn't tilt.  Most of hte time I was 10-12 tabling which def made me see things clearer but I'm not earning the points as quickly as I would like.  Got 5 days this month where I can't play for the full day....gonna need to just play for longer each day.  Ideally I'd like to hit 30k at around this time tomorrow which will mean a full grind with some short breaks so gonna try.  Might cram in another hour tonight.

C4P Total - 25096
  • edited January 2012
    Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 4,854

30.34% of the way there.

• edited January 2012
    question to op   i can't say i worked it out but arent u paying more in rake them the 3k of prizes ur going to get and by the sounds of the promotion i seems like a thing that needs to be achieve every moenth to get the best out of it
    Posted by D_Legend
    yes you are buy you pay rake anyway.

even if i end the month breakeven, then I will earn 3.6k C4P 3.6k TSP Bonus and get 3k worth of electronics.

fwiw I think it would be best for the site if a promo like this wasn't monthly.
  • edited January 2012
    it would be better if it was weekly imo. a month is a long time.

over 28k points now but still seems a V long way to go :(
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by D_Legend

What we pay in rake is irrelevant. Rake is a tax we cant avoid. Its like saying whats the point of working overtime if youre just having to pay more tax? Its pretty simple, if i played this much last month or next month i get 3.6k~ in C4P, but this month i get 3.6k~+ £3k worth of stuff. Everybody wins. Sky rakes more, they give more of that rake back to me.
  • edited January 2012
    Played some more.  Booked a small win of around 50 quid.  There were only like 6-7 50/100 games running so added in some 20nl for the points grind.  Never been bashed around so much it was incred haha.  Only pot I won was off another 50-100 reg who was doing the same as me and even that was a cooler AA v AK aipf haha.

C4P Total - 25480
  • edited January 2012
    dont mess with the nl20 boyz!!! lol
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : What we pay in rake is irrelevant. Rake is a tax we cant avoid. Its like saying whats the point of working overtime if youre just having to pay more tax? Its pretty simple, if i played this much last month or next month i get 3.6k~ in C4P, but this month i get 3.6k~+ £3k worth of stuff. Everybody wins. Sky rakes more, they give more of that rake back to me.
    Posted by offshoot
    Hows the progress so far then?

And how many C4Ps do you get in an average month?

Loving the thread guys : )
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Hows the progress so far then? And how many C4Ps do you get in an average month? Loving the thread guys : )
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    i get 16k points in an average month. This month i have 25k so far.
  • edited January 2012
    Didn't post yesterday as was on a mega TILT.

Started playing after work. Got a nice DYM session with £50 profit + qualified to Roller. 
    Was playing really good I think. After almost 3h into Roller had a nice stack until this hand came.
    Was in a BB for 500 and had KQc The SB flats and I make it 1500 and SB calls making pot 3000.
    Flop comes Qh8s6h and SB goes all-in for 9000.... - I made a call (was 99,9% sure I'm well ahead). 
    SB showes 75c.... Turn 6, River 4 and he gets ther with a straight. Would be a chip leader but now was almost last, left with 10BB - Could still make a comeback if was playing my game but wasn't that Tilted for a long time and got out from tourney loosing 33<QQ to the same guy. Loved his post in a chat box as well - "went all-in cause if I bet and you raise I would have to fold" LOL.

Anyway stopped playing and went to sleep. Have to work on a Tilt factor though.

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 4322

• edited January 2012
    loving this thread, finally managed to deposit so can start playing sky again :)

6 micro sit n goes + £5 donkfest = 11 points

i have no goals this month pointwise just thought it would be funny to put my points on here.

GL all again
  • edited January 2012
    well done Young Gun your catching up with Pryce6 :)
  • edited January 2012
    well done Young Gun your catching up with Pryce6 :)
    Posted by scotty77

Yer he best be worried the lil fish :) 
  • edited January 2012
    Am around break even on cash today, maybe a small loss.

Wanted to get a big session in tonight but for some reason I don't feel well.  Feel really dizzy.  Twice I've mistakenly thought I had KK and AA when I had KQ and A4 (suited).  So not gonna play cash for now

Am playing the tournies and hopefully this clears.

C4P Total - 26590
  • edited January 2012
    stay off the red wine!
  • edited January 2012

Played ok early session, got in a £1400 hole.
    Played much worse rest of the day, and got out of it. Finished up with a small profit.
    Stupid game.

Every day been mentioning whether I feel as though I've run good or bad (not sure I've actually put 'good' yet, but it's obviously there as an option).
    It's a boring subject, along the same lines as bad beats (which I've mostly been careful to avoid listing), and I will not refer to it again.
    I'm sure we all feel like we run worse than we should, but the reality is, given the playing volume required for 60,000 pts, it's highly likely we will be pretty close to EV.

C4P 32027          (53.4% of target)
    After day 13 of 26 (50% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      2152 pts/day