You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    Is it really worth it guys, Surely you are not playing at optimum level trying to push towards this goal of 60k Sit back and think of the money you may be losing by continuing to play whilst tired just a thought, just put a grand on Zero spin the wheel and go to bed £35k up ! or am I dreaming now !
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    To some extent it's definitely the 'I climb the mountain - because it's there!' kind of thought process.

When you play cash as your main game, you don't get the highs and lows of the MTT player.
    It's still enjoyable, but in a more, low key, consistent way.

For one month, to do something a bit different, to have a specific goal to achieve, adds a bit of spice.
    The fact there's a small pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, will be good feedback on the target being achieved.
    Whether the reward is worth the effort, isn't really the point, it's the getting there, the sense of having achieved a small something, that really matters.
  • edited January 2012
    It would be good for sky to give a final leader board of C4Ps at teh end of the month . assuming players wished this info to be made public, some might not, ie the likes of LOLUFOLD. he has not commented on here, but I assume he has a pretty megga stack of C4Ps each month too.
  • edited January 2012
    you're all well past the halfway mark & whilst the next few days will be tough the end is nearly in sight.

some of us are spewing with just the normal levels of volume; i played my first 2/4 session on monday night, 3 buy-ins down the drain, one unavoidable, two just plain embarrassing.
  • edited January 2012
    It would be good for sky to give a final leader board of C4Ps at teh end of the month . assuming players wished this info to be made public, some might not, ie the likes of LOLUFOLD. he has not commented on here, but I assume he has a pretty megga stack of C4Ps each month too.
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    Am not totally sure, but I don't believe that would be possible, as strictly speaking, Data Protection & all that, the information is private.

Players can, of course, publish their own C4P total if they so desire.
  • edited January 2012
    you're all well past the halfway mark & whilst the next few days will be tough the end is nearly in sight. some of us are spewing with just the normal levels of volume; i played my first 2/4 session on monday night, 3 buy-ins down the drain, one unavoidable, two just plain embarrassing.
    Posted by yoyo
    Given the horrific call you made against me in the Newcastle Cash Game with 6th pair or whatever, after I barrelled pre flop & every street, that's no surprise.
  • edited January 2012
    With all the doom and gloom in the posts above, I would like to post some good news.............. but obviously I can't! Losing day today, and I lay the blame firmly at the door of my ISP, Virgin Media - if their outage had lasted longer I might have lost a bit less!!!! Seriously tilted by the internets today. Lost service altogether approaching the 2nd HH, and was difficult to play the 10 - 15 minutes before I gave up trying. Back on later, but very laggy. Played through it best I could, but wouldn't have bothered if I wasn't obsessed by a 3d TV that I have no need of, and a coffee machine that I will probably never use. Should be gutted by a chunky loss today, but pleased that I battled on to the end of the session, and clawed a bit back. Still up for the month (gonna get that  in,as I might not be able to state it much longer). C4P 41720          (69.5% of target) After day 17 of 26 (65.4% of time elapsed) Rate Required      2031 pts/day  
    Posted by jakally
    LOL
  • edited January 2012
    Never been one of those people to quit when the going gets tough, pretty stuborn when it comes to things like this... It's like youv'e come this far no point turning round now!!!! but sersiously getting hard now, the games are very tough and mistakes are high, only yesterday I mistaked a guys stack for what I thought was £ 8.31 on a 10 9 8 board, I reshipped £126.00 over his £1 flop bet only then to reliase his £8.31 was infact £108.31 .....at least I was thinking well ok this guy cant really call but when he's holding j7 off, he snapped me off to the tune of " HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME " ... No excuses really, eyes just played a nasty trick on me :(....

Onwards annd upwards still got 20k to go, time is not an issue now, just fatigue...

• edited January 2012
    Hello all, Quick update on my progress. I decided to play a few 'Bounty Hunters', but I failed to cash in any of them. However i mainly play them to get head prizes anyway, I sure do love hunting. I also one tabled 50nl last night, I know it's a bit out of my comfort zone but I decided to take a shot with the money i got from taking 3 heads earlier that night. So i sat with £32.77 and managed to double up quickly to around £75. Then I had a hand against a really aggro player to my left called 'Beaneh' where I decided to see a flop with a Jack and a Ten. The flop came A 9 7 and all I needed was an 8 to win, which to my amazement arrived on the turn. The pot was small at this point so I decided to press the POT button and luckily he also pressed the POT button, raising it to £9. "Does he have JT too" I asked myself, but of course, as with any big hand I make I wanted to trap! So the river came, I checked and he bet really really big...bigger than my whole bankroll. Even though I had the nuts, I was still nervous, but I went all in and he called me with just three eights. I instantly left the table though, didn't want to risk my new bankroll against a player with that amount of C4Ps. C4Ps - 72
    Posted by pryce6

loled my head off!

T

W
    A

T

:P
  • edited January 2012
    lovin all the posts on here but that one is by far the best . comming off a bad day yesterday and with a strep throat you wouldnt wanna give your worst enemy, beaneh makes me laugh.
  • edited January 2012
    echo what Jakally and GB are saying too.  part of the reason I'm doing this it  that  there is a clear goal to aim for.  I just hope that Sky don't decide to run something like this every month!
  • edited January 2012
    free entry into  wsop me for 80k????? that would be tempting :-)
  • edited January 2012
    well if lolraise is playing 18/15 can u imagine what the real nits at 100nl are playing? prob something like 10/8 or 8/6 lollllll
    Posted by NColley
    lolraise does not play 18/15 lol
  • edited January 2012
    echo what Jakally and GB are saying too.  part of the reason I'm doing this it  that  there is a clear goal to aim for.  I just hope that Sky don't decide to run something like this every month!
    Posted by scotty77

Any sustainable growth model Sky had, has now been irreparably damaged.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Any sustainable growth model Sky had, has now been irreparably damaged.
    Posted by BrownnDog

lol 100 comps every day

LONG TERM FTW.

This has also irrepairably damaged my arms. Pretty tempted to hire someone to click the mouse for me at the mo so I can finish this bonus.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : lolraise does not play 18/15 lol
    Posted by BrownnDog
    ignore this man

+1 to 100 quid comps a night being a bad idea

+1 to wsop me entry for 80k pts!

+1 to downbeat and losing sessions recently

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : ignore this man +1 to 100 quid comps a night being a bad idea +1 to wsop me entry for 80k pts! +1 to downbeat and losing sessions recently
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

wait. what?

you listen to browndog?! god you really are a fishstick :p
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : lolraise does not play 18/15 lol
    Posted by BrownnDog
    I'm not saying he does, but according to GLifULose's HUD across 4.2k hands he was. That's if that screenie wasn't fake of course.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : I'm not saying he does, but according to GLifULose's HUD across 4.2k hands he was. That's if that screenie wasn't fake of course.
    Posted by NColley

GLifuL doesn't play the same stakes as LOlraise, the sample will be of Lolraise on nl50/100 tables when he is playing lots of tables and most likely has nl200/300/400/500 games open on the side and so is focusing more on those.

That or he is a disgusting nit :p
  • edited January 2012
    So it isnt just me spewing money then, ive totally lost my discipline and focus over the last few days. 60k was never a realistic target but i set myself a personal goal of 18k.

Just broke through 10k, if I dont play again this month im 25 buyins up plus around 300 quid cash for points. Im not sure if I need a break or should just play through the pain barrier. 

Ive never won a lot more than 1k in a month at poker (best month was sept 2011 around a grand), if I can make 2k this month at nl40/hypers it will be very satisfying, but a big ask.  
  • edited January 2012
    Much better day for me today. Made between 3 and 4 buy ins. Only had 1 big pot of £100 which I won, but apart from that it was a bit of a grind.

Couldn't get many tables loaded, I try and stay on 40nl as much as possible as its a lot softer than 50nl, but I had to add a few 50's because nobody was joining the tables I was making at 40, so most of the time I was only playing 7 or 8 tables

C4P 7187
    Target 10 - 12K
  • edited January 2012
       Well not wanting to feel left out i have decided to post my situatio on here.

Due to having a small roll and having a computer that is ready to breakdown if i even think of loading up a second table i have only ever broken 500 points twice.But am now on a crusade to make it 3 this i will be doing by occasionally 1 tabling NL10 and playing occasional small tournies.

Current C4P  486
    Target   Whatever i get.
  • edited January 2012
    A good day at the DYM tables today: played 37 games between £22 and £75 and cashed in 26 of them. Feel I played well too and avoided a lot of the typical carnage that can occur. have got the little silver star back on ss and am now aiming for a gold one!

C4P: TARGET 10K, CURRENT: 9665
  • edited January 2012

Had a really good last session today..... for the first time in a few days, felt like I was thinking it through better, and making more solid decisions.
    Must be psychological boost of entering the post-40,000 pts, 'it's all downhill from here' stage.

The only thing that's been downhill the last few days has been the bankroll, but hopefully corners have been turned.

C4P 44418          (74.0% of target)
    After day 18 of 26 (69.2% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1948 pts/day 
  • edited January 2012
    The thread has gone quiet today !  Is it because........ ?

You are all far too busy grinding away.
    OR
    You have a mutually agreed day off.
    OR
    Are you all suffering from Beanehs Mouse Hand Syndrome
    OR
    Do we have some of the top guys slumped exhausted  over their computers

GOOD LUCK ALL
  • edited January 2012
    at 53,500 was going to go for 80k, but due to being stuck a fair amount and being very mentally drained im just gonna take a day off chill out and 9table few hours in the evenings and stroll over the 60k line
  • edited January 2012
    The thread has gone quiet today !  Is it because........ ? You are all far too busy grinding away. OR You have a mutually agreed day off. OR Are you all suffering from Beanehs Mouse Hand Syndrome OR Do we have some of the top guys slumped exhausted  over their computers GOOD LUCK ALL
    Posted by penguin7

We've all downed tools to help the Bean-man in his search for a mouse operator.
    Allegedly, Sky have said it's got to be someone of a similar, or lesser, skill level than the account holder..... so it's going to be a tougher task than we first thought.

• edited January 2012

Tilty day today.

Suffered a constant stream of internet problems (suppose 'constant stream' is the last thing that I had today).

Kept having to give up, as I couldn't trust it when decent amounts of money were involved. That reminds me, need to speak to the Wife about something, in the morning.

A non-losing day today, but largely thanks to a new strategy of getting there on the river. Can't imagine why I didn't try it before.

C4P 46219          (77.0% of target)
    After day 19 of 26 (73.1% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1969 pts/day 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : We've all downed tools to help the Bean-man in his search for a mouse operator. Allegedly, Sky have said it's got to be someone of a similar, or lesser, skill level than the account holder..... so it's going to be a tougher task than we first thought.
    Posted by jakally

I loled then I did a sad face.

Now i'm sad.
  • edited January 2012
    A winning day! I think i've won 6 of the last 7 sessions during the course of which i'm way down, i'm pretty clever like that

I built two 700BBs at 1/2 but lost a lot at 1/3 and 2/4 not helped by that lol_raise fish calling me all in on the turn with ace high and being good vs my 6 high :(

Went out the bounty hunter in 14thish was a shame and never got going in the sky roller at all before losing with an under set

43,318 pts getting there!
  • edited January 2012
    Had a small winning day today.  Well it would have been more but once again I thru away about 200 or so on tournies.  Playing really bad in them atm and don't really know why.  Think I'm making a lot of wrong choices when 15-20bb deep.

But yeah I passed the 40k mark and suddently it feels a lot, lot close to when I was on 39k....weird psychological reason like retail price points....seems a lot more attainable now so thats given my mood a bit of a boost...hopefully I can run well in the next few days.  I'm still about breakevn for the month, so would be nice to end in profit too but like I said earlier, a breakeven month at this insane volume would be welcome.

C4P Total - 41331