You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I didnt play the main event because I didnt start till about 8:30, bubbled the 9 o'clock Bounty hunter in foresight I really should have folded my 77 to the UTG min raise from the short stack, pretty obvious he was strong, AA very strong in fact.

Was doing well at cash but just lost all the nights profit in the last hour or so, I think it was more bad luck than bad play, probably both.

60,038pts hoooray! It wasnt that bad in the end, I still really enjoyed the last week of it, it was pretty horrible for a while in the middle when i was losing, looking back I should have just took some time off there rather than forcing myself to play.  Pleased its done in time for SPT Luton, going to take some time off after sunday and then will be back to playing a very high volume once again just not quite this high.
  • edited January 2012
    good luck to you guy and girls going for the house bundle, i would be happy to make 12000
  • edited January 2012
    As a suggestion could sky have different prizes at different points thresholds for future promos, eg fondu set 30k, teasmade at 20k and cuddly toy at 10k.

Now I bet only tikay may have a clue what im on about or possibly orford!

Seriously though, would be nice to bink an electrical item at a lower points threshold that is more attainable for lower/mid stakes players eg ipad at 30k.

• edited January 2012
    Well I thought this new C4Ps system was meant to be fair! I was led to believe the removal of the 'increments' was to mean I would not have to grind hard at the end of the month. Well how WRONG I was!

I'm currently on 482 points, which means I'm going to have to play at least 6 £3.30 DYMS to get to 500 (to get that crisp fiver from Sky) and I've only got 35 hours to do so. I mean really WTF?!

Instead of exhausting myself (I don't want to fall out of love with the game playing a ridic volume) I'm thinking of maybe just russian rouletting my way over the line. But first I'm just going to do some maths on whether it's going to be profitable (assuming I win 50% of games) but 6 is a pretty good sample size isn't it? Won't be too much variance hopefully I manage to bink a profit - more than likely I seem to run good when I go allin blind. Played a SnG after I railed the SPT (£10 a bit out of my BR but people were really drunk so thought I had a huge edge, but then it took 20 mins to seat everyone and by then I realised I was a bit bloody sloshed hehe) and shoved blind 90% of hands to race into a huge chip lead. But then some fishy woman 2 outered me HU which pretty much cost me a profitable month or not but whatever THAT'S POKER.

Will update final total after midnight tomorrow, probably won't be able to do much else until then, going to be touch and bloody go.

Regards

pryce6
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    Well I thought this new C4Ps system was meant to be fair! I was led to believe the removal of the 'increments' was to mean I would not have to grind hard at the end of the month. Well how WRONG I was! I'm currently on 482 points , which means I'm going to have to play at least 6 £3.30 DYMS to get to 500 (to get that crisp fiver from Sky) and I've only got 35 hours to do so. I mean really WTF?! Instead of exhausting myself (I don't want to fall out of love with the game playing a ridic volume) I'm thinking of maybe just russian rouletting my way over the line. But first I'm just going to do some maths on whether it's going to be profitable (assuming I win 50% of games) but 6 is a pretty good sample size isn't it? Won't be too much variance hopefully I manage to bink a profit - more than likely I seem to run good when I go allin blind. Played a SnG after I railed the SPT (£10 a bit out of my BR but people were really drunk so thought I had a huge edge, but then it took 20 mins to seat everyone and by then I realised I was a bit bloody sloshed hehe) and shoved blind 90% of hands to race into a huge chip lead. But then some fishy woman 2 outered me HU which pretty much cost me a profitable month or not but whatever THAT'S POKER. Will update final total after midnight tomorrow, probably won't be able to do much else until then, going to be touch and bloody go. Regards pryce6
    Posted by pryce6
    im pretty sure that its no longer a crisp fiver. i believe its now £4 for 500 points so i'd adjust that into your calculations:(
  • edited January 2012
    Well I made my 10K target with day to spare. Been a bit of a slog at NL20-50 but have made a decent profit while grinding away so all good in the end. Now back to my real life, if I can remember what that used to consist of....

Congrats to all who have achieved their personal targets and good luck to you guys and gals still multi-tabling  away to try and get there!!
  • edited January 2012
    I'm up to 10,500 I worked out thats about £295 back, so I'm going to play for at least another 200 points tonight which will put me onto the £300 mark. I'm out Tuesday so tonight is my last chance.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : im pretty sure that its no longer a crisp fiver. i believe its now £4 for 500 points so i'd adjust that into your calculations:(
    Posted by TINTIN
    Oh god, well I'll have to be content with just four pounds then. Wish they would look after us lower stakes players, we rake too you know.

An unhappy micro grinder.
  • edited January 2012
    farking finally. 

60 ruddy k points.

never again.

Still cant truly get over being stacked by pryce :(
  • edited January 2012
    Wohoooooo

made 2000 C4P

I May buy some batteries for my TV remote control :D

emmmmmmmmmmm that's nice!

edit: Sod it I am going to buy a new remote control - yeah booooooooooooooooooooooooom!
  • edited January 2012
    I joined the 60k points club earlier :o)

Been grinding DYMs to get me over the line.  Was fairly standard.  Won a few quid today.  Nice way to end the month.

Might have a day off tomorrow haha.

GL everyone who still needs points
  • edited January 2012
    Well I thought this new C4Ps system was meant to be fair! I was led to believe the removal of the 'increments' was to mean I would not have to grind hard at the end of the month. Well how WRONG I was! I'm currently on 482 points , which means I'm going to have to play at least 6 £3.30 DYMS to get to 500 (to get that crisp fiver from Sky) and I've only got 35 hours to do so. I mean really WTF?! Instead of exhausting myself (I don't want to fall out of love with the game playing a ridic volume) I'm thinking of maybe just russian rouletting my way over the line. But first I'm just going to do some maths on whether it's going to be profitable (assuming I win 50% of games) but 6 is a pretty good sample size isn't it? Won't be too much variance hopefully I manage to bink a profit - more than likely I seem to run good when I go allin blind. Played a SnG after I railed the SPT (£10 a bit out of my BR but people were really drunk so thought I had a huge edge, but then it took 20 mins to seat everyone and by then I realised I was a bit bloody sloshed hehe) and shoved blind 90% of hands to race into a huge chip lead. But then some fishy woman 2 outered me HU which pretty much cost me a profitable month or not but whatever THAT'S POKER. Will update final total after midnight tomorrow, probably won't be able to do much else until then, going to be touch and bloody go. Regards pryce6
    Posted by pryce6
    Not talking about me are you? Lol... after checking out sharkscope, I can tell I am a far superior player to you! It was always obvious I was going to claim your whole bankroll and leave you busto! Gl in the future... donk ;)
  • edited January 2012
    farking finally.  60 ruddy k points. never again. Still cant truly get over being stacked by pryce :(
    Posted by beaneh

Hows the arm ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Well done all the 60k club, anyone going for 80 next month ;)
  • edited January 2012
    I can now announce that finally the summit has been reached as of 1am this morning the 60k milestone had been reached...Well done to all the other degens who have reached the target, has to have been one of the hardest grinds ever.... Looking forward to the next time ;)....
  • edited January 2012

Well done to all the sicko grinders who have made 60k

What is even more impressive is that spoke with all of you at luton (beaneh excepted, unless u were in disguise?) and you were all looking fresh as a daisy and even had time to talk to donks like me and Pryce6

Don't worry Pryce, im sure that if you grind harder next month you will make the magic total of 500 c4p for a free fiver. vwd on your efforts anyhow.

I didnt have a target this month myself, but i have managed 4429 so far. Previously i would have made a £75 cash bonus for 4k, but now, im at 70 ish quid. If i get to 5k by the end of the day, i will get £90 where as previously it was £100. So im not sure that i will bother.

But I will go for 10k points properly soon, especially if i get a free cuddly toy (great idea Sanjay)

GG all

• edited January 2012
    I'm on 23,100 C4P and wondering whether the final push to get to 24K is worth it.  Either way, I'm way ahead of my personal target so very pleased.  DYM's have become more popular with the grinders as the month has progressed with highlights being the lessons I have been taught in how to bink and run good by Ryan and Julian ;)))

Congrats to all who made it to 60K or reached / exceeded ur targets for the month! 
  • edited January 2012
    Sam1986 did this challenge with a girlfriend. Most understanding woman imagineable...

Congrats to all the 60k fish!
  • edited January 2012
    Very well done to all you degens who have made it, and good luck to anyone still trying to squeeze those last few points.

From a personal point of view I gave up on my original 10k target a long time back, and may just make 5k.

But very happy that I have done something I doubted was possible by playing a few hours of cash almost every day.

And it was enjoyable and profitable too, so I am looking forward to continuing and moving further up the levels.
  • edited January 2012

Finally made 10k!

Congrats to all who reached their targets - as AceG said above, smaller prizes at lower point targets would get a massive +1 from me and many others I'm sure.

I've had a horrible month varience wise and got a v.bad cold so hoping4a much better Feb!
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah I agree with the smaller prices for lower targets idea. I guess they don't wanna end up giving TONS of prizes away though cos of all the higher stakes players who would get 10k without even thinking about it.

So how many made it to 60k then, about 5-6?
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah I agree with the smaller prices for lower targets idea. I guess they don't wanna end up giving TONS of prizes away though cos of all the higher stakes players who would get 10k without even thinking about it. So how many made it to 60k then, about 5-6?
    Posted by Lambert180
    It's rumoured that as many as 18 players reached 60k .....Very impressive...
  • edited February 2012
    I got me 5314 in the end

95 pounds

that will do, although last month the same got me 100 pounds
  • edited February 2012
    5090 for 90 pounds :)

2nd highest ever! 
  • edited February 2012
    5090 for 90 pounds :) 2nd highest ever! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    beat u

lol
  • edited February 2012
    Well well well, what a month that was. Never again.

I'm exhausted, burnt out and I think I'm going to have Feb off.

Yesterday was brutal. I loaded up the RR's to sneak me over the line and I decided to do 6 £3.30 ones and just call it quits. That would cost me £1.80 therefore netting me a profit of £2.20 if I won half the games.

If.

To cut to the chase, I only managed the one win. Like, what the eff is this rigged site. I'm meant to win 50% of the games and I win 15%? I purposely played a big sample size so I wouldn't see that much variance. TBH I think it's Tikay's fault, he's obviously not doing his job properly. Tikay have a look at the gnr and fix it please.

So after all that heartache I won £6 back but spent £19.80 netting me a loss of -£13.80. I'm absolutely devastated, it's cut my roll in half and not sure I will be relying on RR's again. Prefer to use some skill, make a set and min raise or something. But hey ho I received 0.8p per point so Sky should be paying me £4 soon enough.

It all means my final last minute quest for 500 points actually cost me £9.80 :( Congrats to the people who made 60k.

Final C4P - 500

p.s In all seriousness... if anyone who made 60k already has an iPad, I really really want one, and it's my birthday on Friday #justsaying
  • edited February 2012

Might just be the greatest thread ever. Fair play to Scotty, who started it. 
  • edited February 2012
    Well done to everyone who made 60k. Don't know how you did it.

p.s I also want an ipad!
  • edited February 2012
    Well well well, what a month that was. Never again. I'm exhausted, burnt out and I think I'm going to have Feb off. Yesterday was brutal. I loaded up the RR's to sneak me over the line and I decided to do 6 £3.30 ones and just call it quits. That would cost me £1.80 therefore netting me a profit of £2.20 if I won half the games. If. To cut to the chase, I only managed the one win. Like, what the eff is this rigged site. I'm meant to win 50% of the games and I win 15%? I purposely played a big sample size so I wouldn't see that much variance. TBH I think it's Tikay's fault, he's obviously not doing his job properly. Tikay have a look at the gnr and fix it please. So after all that heartache I won £6 back but spent £19.80 netting me a loss of -£13.80 . I'm absolutely devastated, it's cut my roll in half and not sure I will be relying on RR's again. Prefer to use some skill, make a set and min raise or something. But hey ho I received 0.8p per point so Sky should be paying me £4 soon enough. It all means my final last minute quest for 500 points actually cost me £9.80 :( Congrats to the people who made 60k. Final C4P - 500 p.s In all seriousness... if anyone who made 60k already has an iPad, I really really want one, and it's my birthday on Friday #justsaying
    Posted by pryce6
    A*

xx
  • edited February 2012
    Made almost 3000 points playing £2-£5 husng. And that was part time playing! Will probably make 10k points next month as I move up to the £10-£20 games, which I will be very excited about!