You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Sweet i will  try this. i have ulnar nerve entrapment also, which like previously stated is from leaning on my arm for hours on end. It is a blag and annoys the s* *t outa me. I will try this puk fing, cheers
    Posted by dantb10
    Thought your arms would have enough excersise when lifting those dominos pizzas every day and night
  • edited January 2012
    sigh isn't it annoying when you play a long session and think you are up but when you close all the tables you are actually down

this is what just happeend to me.  felt I played steady and solid.  lost a 600bb pot with the 2nd nuts tho which is annoying.

C4P Total - 33560
  • edited January 2012
    sigh isn't it annoying when you play a long session and think you are up but when you close all the tables you are actually down
    Posted by scotty77
    Can relate to that unfortuntly lol. Never realised there was so much health and safety to do with poker as well!
  • edited January 2012
    5 / 6 tabled the higher DYMs for 2ish hours and made 800 C4P. Pretty good return and some very cruel binks on Ben. Think he counted 6/7. 
    At one stage I thought Id somehow mucked my Kings full vs Haysie when he was short but on closer inspection of my HH, saw he'd actually flopped quads and I was lucky he was the short stack lol :)

C4P: 8037
  • edited January 2012

Had a chilled day today, and cut back on hours, and no. of tables (7 - 8 most of the time, up to 10 for the last happy hour).

I normally average around 20k points per month - the realisation that I've still got the equivalent of a normal month's volume to get through, is quite sobering.

The Boss has been quite understanding about the overtime this month, and has even brought me an occasional cup of coffee.
    Hope she understands that I will be taking large chunks of time owing next month, and that is not the signal to reproduce the list of unfinished DIY jobs!

C4P 39258          (65.4% of target)
    After day 16 of 26 (61.5% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1886 pts/day 

• edited January 2012
    What i find wierd about this thread is that although ur c4p points are similar, your league points aren't... Lol_raise for example has the most by far
  • edited January 2012
    Get more league points per hand the higher up you go.

Also C4P is based on the amount of raked hands, which everyone will get the same, wheras league points is hands won so more aggro players will start to pull out a large gap
  • edited January 2012
    Yer i know but like jakally, sam n lolraise all play same stakes, he said he was a nit in that other thread... The liar!
  • edited January 2012

well if lolraise is playing 18/15 can u imagine what the real nits at 100nl are playing? prob something like 10/8 or 8/6 lollllll

• edited January 2012
    Had an interesting game won and lost some big pots nice to see a few 2/4 games running and at the end of it i'm up less than £100.

Was looking to the 20:00 bounty hunter to give me a boost as i was 1st of last 7, then i expertly bluffed off 80% of my stack to a players top pair which made a back door flush, lost a flip 99<JQ and i was out in 7th!  I'm so bad at tournaments.

I was down most of the session, at the end a guy who was having a lot of fun at one of my 1/2 tables asked if i'd go all in blind with him next hand.  I thought sure why not...

he shoved so i called my 100BB with J 2 and skillfully beat his J 4.

I then raised utg with 77 he shoved again for 150BB i called and held vs his KQ

A strange way to win but a win the none the less

34,333 pts

• edited January 2012
    This has to be one of the sickest grinds ever.... Never ever again...Sleep deprivation, running dreadful, playing awful how I'm plus this month is beyond me!!!!

Considering I only decided to do this on the 5th I thought I might fall well short of the 60k, I've only done it twice before and know just how mentally hard it is ....and it normally takes up the whole month... I just hope upon hope that this 3d TV is enormoussssss and arrives with some rather nice glasses!!!!!!

35,000 points only another 25k to go FML......
  • edited January 2012
    36k points so far still so far to go. 

Have taken some time off in the last few days, bought a new mouse too which will hpefully help with the arm issues and allow me to keep playing with my right hand again allowing more volume.

Doesn't seem like the grind will ever end this month though :(
  • edited January 2012
    45k points now stucvk £2k atm.

if only you actually won something for the poker league :(
  • edited January 2012
    45k points now stucvk £2k atm. if only you actually won something for the poker league :(
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    wow 45k already? you might as well aim for 80k now lol
  • edited January 2012
    45k points now stucvk £2k atm. if only you actually won something for the poker league :(
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    how can  you be stuck so much you fish when you win so much vs me ai pre?! IRIOT
  • edited January 2012
    Hello all,

Quick update on my progress. I decided to play a few 'Bounty Hunters', but I failed to cash in any of them. However i mainly play them to get head prizes anyway, I sure do love hunting.

I also one tabled 50nl last night, I know it's a bit out of my comfort zone but I decided to take a shot with the money i got from taking 3 heads earlier that night. So i sat with £32.77 and managed to double up quickly to around £75. Then I had a hand against a really aggro player to my left called 'Beaneh' where I decided to see a flop with a Jack and a Ten. The flop came A 9 7 and all I needed was an 8 to win, which to my amazement arrived on the turn. The pot was small at this point so I decided to press the POT button and luckily he also pressed the POT button, raising it to £9. "Does he have JT too" I asked myself, but of course, as with any big hand I make I wanted to trap! So the river came, I checked and he bet really really big...bigger than my whole bankroll. Even though I had the nuts, I was still nervous, but I went all in and he called me with just three eights. I instantly left the table though, didn't want to risk my new bankroll against a player with that amount of C4Ps.

C4Ps - 72
  • edited January 2012
    Love this thread, my fav in GPC at the moment. It's great to see several big names sharing the highs and lows of this crazy points race. I hope you all get there before you're reduced to physical wrecks, or have nervous breakdowns, or both!

FWIW I'm currently on 480 and grinding micro STTs as I shoot for 700. A £5.60 end of month bonus would be a very welcome boost to my to my puny roll in the early stages of my £51 to £1051 bankroll challenge.
  • edited January 2012
    Just got the email about the Priority freeroll next Tuesday! Everyone gets 500 poker points just for playing!

:):):):)

• edited January 2012
    This has to be one of the sickest grinds ever.... Never ever again...Sleep deprivation, running dreadful, playing awful how I'm plus this month is beyond me!!!! Considering I only decided to do this on the 5th I thought I might fall well short of the 60k, I've only done it twice before and know just how mentally hard it is ....and it normally takes up the whole month... I just hope upon hope that this 3d TV is enormoussssss and arrives with some rather nice glasses!!!!!!  35,000 points only another 25k to go FML......
    Posted by GliterBabe
    by playing this amount are you actually going to be up even you get 60k?? isnt playing so much making you lose money??

maybe im wrong but wouldnt you be better off playing optimal tables and making money.. then just buying a 3d tv out of profits??

question to al not just gb

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : by playing this amount are you actually going to be up even you get 60k?? isnt playing so much making you lose money?? maybe im wrong but wouldnt you be better off playing optimal tables and making money.. then just buying a 3d tv out of profits?? question to al not just gb
    Posted by bigflop1
    You are very correct in everything you say above, playing so such volume with extended hours can and does have an effect on your EV....It's not something I would do every month you would be completly burnt out after a few months of this....but as i'm part of TSP the offer was too good not to try this rake race....double c4p bonus + a 3k prize package all in all a 10k+ package !!! So even if I lost 2k doing this isn't it not still worth it ?? At the moment I'm above break even which I can handle...
  • edited January 2012
    So that didnt go so well...

Kind of ran incredibly badly in a lot of big pots.  Started playing about 5 100nl, 4 200nl and one 400nl so wasnt ideal when i took bad beats at 400nl

AIPF AA<QQ and then KK<JJ, then i did manage to hold in a hand vs neil my AQ beating his KJ on a 10 Q X flop in a 3 bet pot.  However i then lost the full 200+BB to an interesting player

I 3 bet with KK he called in position, the flop came Qd6c6s rainbow, he called flop, turned Xd he called again rivered 10d i bet around 2/3 pot and he shoved.  I should have folded for the last £290 or so but was kinda of curious to see how he managed to beat me, the genius showed Ad2d vwp sir nh. 

I then lost another AIPF with AA<JJ at 1/3 to which the player responded by insta standing.  My final hand of the session i had KK and to what i assume was a misclick by muzowned he had shoved 150BB at 1/2 utg, I of course called but could not beat Q9.

Pretty much back to breaking even for the month now, which is very disappointing given the amount i've played although i suppose it was always going to be a difficult month with many of the top players putting in so many hours.

On a brighter note i have no pains in my hand/arm, i've booked a flight for January 31st and 24,305pts to go!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : You are very correct in everything you say above, playing so such volume with extended hours can and does have an effect on your EV....It's not something I would do every month you would be completly burnt out after a few months of this....but as i'm part of TSP the offer was too good not to try this rake race....double c4p bonus + a 3k prize package all in all a 10k+ package !!! So even if I lost 2k doing this isn't it not still worth it ?? At the moment I'm above break even which I can handle...
    Posted by GliterBabe
    thanks for reply gb.. I didnt realise you were actually +ev this month.. if you can get 60k c4p and be +ev or even a bit down then it is def worth it!!!..

gl at the tables and hopefully see you down cardiff spt if your playing
  • edited January 2012
    what wayne said basically.  im ahead for the month.  not much, and its annoying that at one point I was up another 2.5k on top but with the bonus then even a breakeven month would be acceptable
  • edited January 2012
    Rubbish session for me today. Down just over 3 buyins, had 2 buy ins go within literally 2 seconds of each other. 1 was kind of my own fault, I fished to the river for a nut flush, rivered it but the river also gave him a FH. Other table I had AA done by KK. So that didn't help.

I did get about £100 back from the footy though, I backed all the home teams in the FA cup tonight to win which came in! Overal down a buyin which isn't too bad, but I felt I played well and just couldn't hit anything.

Should cruise to my target even though I'll miss a few days towards the end of the month, especially with the priority freeroll giving me another 500 points onto my total.

C4P 6878

Target 10 - 12k
  • edited January 2012
    Yesterday played some DYM's, atarted really bad, being dawn almost £150 but managed to climb back and finished breakeven.
    Played £33 BH and got close to the money but went out in 70ish losing AK<AT AIP sigh

Today had a DYM session with a nice £80 profit.
    Played one Direct sateliite to Roller and managed to get a seat. So played Tuesday Open + Roller.
    In open was not doing that bad than lost a big chunk of my stack where I should really fold on turn and than 
    the rest of it AIP AK<AJ - king on the flop but opo rivered flash...
    Roller was a disaster really, no hands, no luck... horrible.

Really not happy with my MTT's at the moment - think that Richard and Carlo jinxed it calling me after 2 FT in Christmas UKOPS... (have to blame someone:))

Maybe should stick only with DYM's till Luton and give MTT's a break??? But than again, I love em...

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 7.822

• edited January 2012
    Had a frustrating month so far. Got a stinking cold which doesnt help either. Its gonna be a busy couple of weeks for me as im way off my target...

Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 6,766

42.29% complete
  • edited January 2012
    Tilted horribly, possibly my biggest ever losing day

pretty embarrassed about the £600 i just gifted Neil oooooopsie
  • edited January 2012

With all the doom and gloom in the posts above, I would like to post some good news.............. but obviously I can't!

Losing day today, and I lay the blame firmly at the door of my ISP, Virgin Media - if their outage had lasted longer I might have lost a bit less!!!!

Seriously tilted by the internets today. Lost service altogether approaching the 2nd HH, and was difficult to play the 10 - 15 minutes before I gave up trying.

Back on later, but very laggy. Played through it best I could, but wouldn't have bothered if I wasn't obsessed by a 3d TV that I have no need of, and a coffee machine that I will probably never use.

Should be gutted by a chunky loss today, but pleased that I battled on to the end of the session, and clawed a bit back.
    Still up for the month (gonna get that  in,as I might not be able to state it much longer).

C4P 41720          (69.5% of target)
    After day 17 of 26 (65.4% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      2031 pts/day 

• edited January 2012
    Down again.  Played bad.  Tilted bad.  Flipped bad.  This is very mentally demanding and I'm really hating playing atm. But I'm so far in I can't quit and also I have so few days left I can't take one off really.  As Jakally said a couple of days ago, the realisation that the points that I have to get is basically what my avg month is (20 to 24k) is quite depressing

Approaching break even for the month now which is annoying.

C4P Total - 36900
  • edited January 2012
    Is it really worth it guys,

Surely you are not playing at optimum level trying to push towards this goal of 60k

Sit back and think of the money you may be losing by continuing to play whilst tired

just a thought, just put a grand on Zero spin the wheel and go to bed £35k up ! or am I dreaming now !