You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    Roger Roger Ben calling in....the summit has been reached ! Stick a fork in me.....i'm DONE ! The most swingy month for me ever and i'm only up a tiny bit but the swings have been SICK. Feeling borderline happy and borderline mad because i won survivor tonight for £606 and now im only 100 quid up which has been the story of the month swing wise. Nice to know i can relax a little now but i'll probably carry on but not at the pace i have been just for more rakeback. Good luck to the rest of you :)  
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Oh my, well done Benjamin, you did that nice & quietly, then BOOOMMMMM!

Delighted for you.

Congrats to Nick Pryce, too, who is now north of 100 points. Amazing stuff.
  • edited January 2012
    Wow I really can't believe people are on 60k already, I'm pretty proud i've got over 100 points! So continuing on from my last post, i've adopted a new strategy. What I've been doing (and I think you will all find this pretty bloody clever) is sitting on multiple cash tables BUT with the MINIMUM allowed. Now hold up, I know what's coming. "but you can't win more than 20bbs in one hand." "you're ruining the game." What I will say is normally I would never be able to afford to multi table cash with these pros and earn the incredible cash for points I yearn for. Therefore by spreading my roll across 12 tables of 40/50nl but buying in for 4 and 5 quid I should be able to sneak over the 1k barrier by the end of the month. When I don't fancy grinding my 10bb stacks, I like to sit at one table of 50nl with 20pc of my roll and stack a reg and then immediately move tables. I really don't like playing deep with these guys like Richtea, Jackl and Curt because they are so aggro! Once you are 200bb deep with these guys you have NO CHANCE. They just take you off hands for fun, and the weird thing is, when you do finally call one of their obvious bluffs, they only ever have top set! Amazing players. But today as GregHogg said earlier I got pretty lucky in a hand vs him where I made a set. He ended up calling me with top pair which I think is a good call because i could easily have had 2nd or 3rd pair! That added a huge chunk to my roll and I'm very happy with how things are going. Unlucky Greg, I will buy you a pint in Luton next week when I come and rail some of you guys playing the tournament. Good god I'm excited. C4P 311
    Posted by pryce6
    QFT. You are my hero.
  • edited January 2012
    Did they set the bar too low, has sky got enough 3d tellys to go to all you high rollers !
  • edited January 2012

baffles me how how guys have got so many points.

they said on the telly that is was teh DYM merchants that have got there first.

assuming DYM takes 1/2hr on average.

playing £10 DYMs you would need to play 8 tables at a time non stop for 10 hours a day 7 days a week just to get to 48,000 points let allone 60,000 plus

• edited January 2012
    baffles me how how guys have got so many points. they said on the telly that is was teh DYM merchants that have got there first. assuming DYM takes 1/2hr on average. playing £10 DYMs you would need to play 8 tables at a time non stop for 10 hours a day 7 days a week just to get to 48,000 points let allone 60,000 plus
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    A quick glance at Sharkscope would confirm that he plays, on average, 50 games per day, mostly DYM's or Heads Up, at, mostly, £50 & £100. If Sharkscope is correct, he does it profitably, too. To earn his "Full House" prize, he had to put in a ton of volume, exactly as it should be.

Note to all, "in before" & all that  - please do NOT C & P other players Sharkscope stats, graphs, etc. Thanks.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : A quick glance at Sharkscope would confirm that he plays, on average, 50 games per day, mostly DYM's or Heads Up, at, mostly, £50 & £100. If Sharkscope is correct, he does it profitably, too. To earn his "Full House" prize, he had to put in a ton of volume, exactly as it should be. Note to all, "in before" & all that  - please do NOT C & P other players Sharkscope stats, graphs, etc. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    QFT sickest Sharkscope ever  WP
  • edited January 2012
    Still running horrible... have to swing back at some point hopefully... 

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 9.822
  • edited January 2012
    Don't post often but thought I would join in.

I have 47500 points so far so should be ok. I started later in the month (around the 6th) so had some catching up to do. It is killing me btw lol.

Jakally, I have been having the problem where you can not click any buttons on some tables and only way I found to solve it is to reload the table. Sadly ahve to close it for this and usually lose seat. If you have found a better way I would be pleased to hear it.

• edited January 2012
    How the hell am I going to play a 2 day event at the weekend, no doubt I will have to do my best TK impression and sleep for the 1st 12 levels :)....I must be well out of practice as grinding this volume was never a problem for me..but for some reason I'm finding it super tough!!!!  I swear I've been stuck on 48k for 2 days unless my eye's are playing tricks on me, which at my age is possible... Massive congrats to Ben takes some doing does that esp to have it sewn up with 8 days to go, great work mate....

I ideally would love to have this wrapped up by friday so I can at least try and enjoy a chilled and relaxed weekend in Luton ....At least the end line is kind of insight now and will definitely be limping over the line ....

Current C4P 48,690
  • edited January 2012
    Jakally, I have been having the problem where you can not click any buttons on some tables and only way I found to solve it is to reload the table. Sadly ahve to close it for this and usually lose seat. If you have found a better way I would be pleased to hear it.
    Posted by CharlieF29

No mate - just do the same as you.
    Will report it to Sky, now I know it's not just me.

• edited January 2012

Crawling slowly to 60k. Wish I was there already, but having to push myself to do the grind, and thoughts are drifting to the real life things I will get back to doing when this has finished.

Did a bit of geeky stuff today.

Worked out that if you did the 60k points playing purely £0.50/£1, you will end up playing over 130,000 hands.

At £0.50/£1 you get 18 points for 20 raked hands.
    Took a small sample today (much too small to be really meaningful), and just under 50% of hands were raked - therefore say 50% for the sake of finding an answer.

Need to play 40 hands therefore, to get 18 points.

60,000/18*40 = 133,333 hands.
    Same calculation gives about 100,000 hands @ £1/£2, and 80,000 at £1.50/£3 and above.

C4P 55299         (92.2% of target)
    After day 23 of 26 (88.5% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1567 pts/day 
  • edited January 2012
    A good day today think I played a lot better having had a couple of days off, back into profit for the month but still someway off my peak.

Would be nice to have it done before Luton SPT but will probably play Sunday night either way

49,954pts
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : No mate - just do the same as you. Will report it to Sky, now I know it's not just me.
    Posted by jakally
    This happens a huge amount when playing on a laptop as never experienced through pc...but if you click on the standard/mini view icon to switch between the two, then click back again it rights itself... Hope that makes sense....so basically if your on standard view and it happens click on "mini view" then click back on "standard view" ... It's a rather annoying bug but like I say it's never happened on my PC, weird!!!!!
  • edited January 2012
    Update: Poker sucks.

8500 points
  • edited January 2012
    Had a good day on the DYMs and .20/.40 : .25/.50 tables today.

Built up a nice profit for day / month and am on my highest ever c4p.

C4P AIM = 10K
    C4P REVISED = 17K

CURRENT = 16,537.

Gonna aim for 20,000 :)
  • edited January 2012
    Well done to you all for your hard work/grinding!

Do any of u big boyz want to kindly donate your excess points to me...........I could play freerolls for the next 10 years! Thank-u, please.... :)
  • edited January 2012
    Won quite a lot today mostly playing PLO which is strange because I have so much to learn about it.

Ran incredibly badly at holdem cash was just about up in the end but felt I should have been up loads.  Just won the open which is good 1st time i've won the main event in a long time, heading towards an average month now which would be nice.  Been playing on and off pretty much all day so got plenty of points

53,985pts
  • edited January 2012
    Played only mtt's today. Satted to Roller and was just 2 of the money... sigh lost 66<A5... 
    But just took dawn mini open :) £250 - confidence back :)

Hada sick sick beat in BH vs Hitman_RV - 3 way all in pre, Me AA Hitman JJ and someone AK flop Axx J J Lol

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P current 10.062

Mission complete :)

See you guys in Luton..
  • edited January 2012
    Ive totally wound down my cash month, stalling at 12.5k, which is disapointing but much more than in a usual month.

Also been flirting with some daytime mtts on another site with some success, finished 5th out of 700 runners yesterday in a $7k 6 max mtt, something I have never done on a large sky mtt. 

The biggest daytime mtt on sky is a £1k, bh at 2 and 4 pm. The 2pm makes the gtee normally, the 4pm usually has overlay. Why doesnt sky combine the two and have a 1.5-2k daily gtee event starting at say 3pm, with loads of frenzy qualifiers to allow the gtee to be met?  
  • edited January 2012

After a long night last night, just knocked off the final 300 pts.... total now at 60,165 (phew!).

Played 5-a-side last night, so didn't start playing until after 10pm.
    Set out to try and knock off the remaining 2500 all in one go.

A combination of playing too many tables (for me - 12/13), and then far too tired later, when I played on til 6am, resulted in a massively spewy session..... and still 300 pts short of 60k.

NVM, despite that, and a big downswing mid-month, I ended up in profit, and achieved what I set out to do.

Feel drained, and a bit fed up with poker right now, but that will probs only last until tomorrow!
  • edited January 2012
    After a long night last night, just knocked off the final 300 pts.... total now at 60,165 (phew!). Played 5-a-side last night, so didn't start playing until after 10pm. Set out to try and knock off the remaining 2500 all in one go. A combination of playing too many tables (for me - 12/13), and then far too tired later, when I played on til 6am, resulted in a massively spewy session..... and still 300 pts short of 60k. NVM, despite that, and a big downswing mid-month, I ended up in profit, and achieved what I set out to do. Feel drained, and a bit fed up with poker right now, but that will probs only last until tomorrow!
    Posted by jakally
    dym's are supposed 2b weak at like 4am, did not expect 2c u, can I just give u the 10 pts next time?!

well done on reaching with days to spare
  • edited January 2012
    After a long night last night, just knocked off the final 300 pts.... total now at 60,165 (phew!). Played 5-a-side last night, so didn't start playing until after 10pm. Set out to try and knock off the remaining 2500 all in one go. A combination of playing too many tables (for me - 12/13), and then far too tired later, when I played on til 6am, resulted in a massively spewy session..... and still 300 pts short of 60k. NVM, despite that, and a big downswing mid-month, I ended up in profit, and achieved what I set out to do. Feel drained, and a bit fed up with poker right now, but that will probs only last until tomorrow!
    Posted by jakally
    Play or spectator ?? I didn't think sports centre's liability insurance covered over 50's !!! but this of course could just be a brag.....
  • edited January 2012
    Almost won back to back main events just lost HU got myself a 4:1 chip lead too then lost a flip... but nevermind

Really disappointed with cash again, pretty much sums up hows it going for me at the moment.  Got three 2.5/5 games going which is good, was doing fairly well and then lost KK vs AJ all in on 10 J X.  Then as the games breaking up I get QQ, button raises £15 i make it £45 he makes it £115 and I flat the flops Qs Ts Xh, I decided to bet out £175 he raised to £360, I shoved and he called with KK and makes a backdoor flush for the £2k pot... keep getting outdrawn in my big pots so it kind of overshadows all the £200nl and £300nl games.  Still finished about one buy in up and a decent cash in the tournament so doing ok

56,243pts
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Play or spectator ?? I didn't think sports centre's liability insurance covered over 50's !!! but this of course could just be a brag.....
    Posted by GliterBabe

Unsurprisingly I play in goal!!
    I can't dive around as much as I used to be able to, but to compensate, I fill enough of the goal to make it less of a requirement.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Unsurprisingly I play in goal!! I can't dive around as much as I used to be able to, but to compensate, I fill enough of the goal to make it less of a requirement.
    Posted by jakally
    Congrats on the 60k points, Mr G, & with the fat end of a week to spare. Who says old geezers can't play, eh?

Talking of fat ends, I was watching the football you played, against the kids, & managed to get this photograph of you in action.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Congrats on the 60k points, Mr G, & with the fat end of a week to spare. Who says old geezers can't play, eh? Talking of fat ends, I was watching the football you played, against the kids, & managed to get this photograph of you in action.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL.... What have I started :) sorry Neil..... Oh btw, Brighton are looking for a new keeper if your interested and available!!!!!!
  • edited January 2012
    Almost made my 3rd main event final table in 3 days but went out in 7th, was short stacked 3 handed which wasn't ideal.  Didnt get going in the roller at all was struggling to make pairs so went out fairly early.

Ran really well in cash all night big pots included! I showed Julian that i'm a nit by once again having KK vs his QQ AIPF

Hit the river in 2 big pots at 2.5/5 The 1st one I raised 26hh on the button and called the 3-bet because i'm a fish like that, flopped 3h 4c 10h I called the bet, turned a Qx, my opponent bet again, I decided to shove about another 100BB and he made a very good call with JJ only for me to make a straight with a 5 on the river!

The 2nd big pot I 4-bet pre with AA got called by 88 and fell behind on the QQ8 flop, i check called flop and turn and was saved by another Q on the river, then i lead out, got called and won my biggest pot of the month :)

Turning out to be a pretty decent month now after a big downswing in the middle

57,937pts
  • edited January 2012
    Almost made it after another long session.

Total points : 56478

Contemplating not playing in Feb as feel burned out, anyone else feeling the same?
  • edited January 2012
    Haven't updated in a while, as I haven't played much due to other things.  

Played ok today.  Was in a big hole at one point today but managed to come 2nd in the Roller to SoLack, and then won some back on the cash tables so all in all a decent profit.

Now I haev a room booked for the Friday night at Luton but gonna give it a miss so I can grind online.  I think I have around 15 hours of full on grinding left so looks like I won't get it over until Monday.  Will try and put a big big dent in it tomorrow tho.

C4P Total - 53138
  • edited January 2012
    Winning day today and very close to the 60k.

Gonna either go over the line Sunday or Monday, depending on how I perform at the SPT.  Hopefully Monday!

C4P Total - 57300