You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Missed my target of 30k by quite a long way.  But I didn't feel really well earlier so I missed 4/5 hours.

Down about 120 dor the day which I'm ok with  Got 14 full days I can play so need to avg around 2.2/2.3k a day which tbh is what I'm doing now.  Really don't want to let this go to the wire tho so really do need to bite the bullet and pick up the volume.

C4P Total - 27780
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    .  Only pot I won was off another 50-100 reg who was doing the same as me and even that was a cooler AA v AK aipf haha. C4P Total - 25480
    Posted by scotty77
    mbsfn
  • edited January 2012
    Yesterday played some DYM's with a small profit and than evening tourneys which didn't go that well.
    My MTT's since UKOPS are just not going well, I'm eaither getting unlucky (especially on the river) or going well and overplaying TPTK or over pair or going on tilt - I think that the volume of poker lately may be afecting my MTT game. 

So today decided to grind just DYM's and skip MTT's so could have a nice evening with wife watching movies :) Finished whit a nice £135 profit... 
    If I was playing only DYM's this month I would be with a nice profit, but am down this month due to my horrible MTT performance... something to think about...

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 5.784

Tomorrow grinding more DYM's and definitely playing Primo...
  • edited January 2012
    Been playing DYMs again whenever I get the time.

Current C4P: 6594

Should get to priority from here.
  • edited January 2012

very interesting thread guys especially for a micro stakes player
    can't believe the volume you're all putting in, much respect with the stamina needed
    I've done about 1300 at nl4 before and I was tired big time. Managed over a 1000 3 months running at the end of last year, but don't know how you guys manage it month on month.

points this month - 50!!
    work has meant can't play much this month but just cashed again in a tournie  - the last free entry one for my points earned last month. came 60th out of 800 odd so not bad. got done on river - one race too many!
    still so far a profitable month but don't think I'll reach 500 this month!LOL

well done again

• edited January 2012

Got a bit down on myself today.
    Playing at capacity, in terms of number of tables, is ok when things are going well, as they did in week 1.

This week hasn't been so good, and it's impossible to sort things out on the hoof, with no time to think between clicks. My game's pretty leaky at the best of times, but has been the full sieve the last couple of days.

Sacrificed a few points tonight, went down to 7 - 8 tables, also went back through some hands from earlier, and even found time to have the Mastercash show on in the background (wasn't Stuart Rutter very, very good).
    Chilled session, and a winner. Made a couple of mistakes, one marginal, one glaring, but overall played better.
    Still lost on the day, but no disaster.

C4P 35119          (58.5% of target)
    After day 14 of 26 (53.8% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1914 pts/day 
  • edited January 2012
    Managed a rare winning session! I think I should have won a lot more, was struggling to concentrate towards the end, played quite a few hands terribly and lost alot the in last hour or so.

29,315 pts, almost half way there
  • edited January 2012
    Lost a bit today.  Was a lot worse at one point tho so happy that I managed to get back what I did.  Hit the half way mark.  Still very very long to go.  The next 15k is gonna be the toughest IMO.

C4P Total - 30713
  • edited January 2012
    Lost a bit today.  Was a lot worse at one point tho so happy that I managed to get back what I did.  Hit the half way mark.  Still very very long to go.  The next 15k is gonna be the toughest IMO. C4P Total - 30713
    Posted by scotty77
    wot did u hae on hand id 464043028 pls?

I had q10

ty
  • edited January 2012
    three of a kind.  a set.  some people wrongly call them trips.

better than just one pair tho :)
  • edited January 2012
    three of a kind.  a set.  some people wrongly call them trips. better than just one pair tho :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Matt Jackson springs to mind!
  • edited January 2012
    39.2  back to 12 tabling, 16 tabling was bleeding money
  • edited January 2012
    Been having a really good month since I've made the changes to my game. Probably been running at 15bb/100 consistantly for about 2 or 3 weeks now! Long may it continue!

C4P : 5602

Target : 10 - 12k

P.S Who is Tim Davie? I saw him tweet saying he was going to grind Sky this month and yesterday he had 38k already?
  • edited January 2012
    Been having a really good month since I've made the changes to my game. Probably been running at 15bb/100 consistantly for about 2 or 3 weeks now! Long may it continue! C4P : 5602 Target : 10 - 12k P.S Who is Tim Davie? I saw him tweet saying he was going to grind Sky this month and yesterday he had 38k already?
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Ih8palace
  • edited January 2012
    Just finished first 2h DYM session with a nice £45 profit.

Small break and than back to playing...

Got a Silver Star on Sharkscope!!! Yeah, celebration time :) Hopefully will have it for a looong time :)

C4P Current: 6.079
  • edited January 2012
    I played a £110 BH sat with you Scotty the other day (£9.60 buyin top 2 get a seat)

Are these realy worth your time? how much value do you expect to gain in these games?
  • edited January 2012
    so close to giving up/trying to RR the rest of the way there.

got me some serious RSI issues in my mouse hand, trying to play 12 tables left handed atm :s
  • edited January 2012

Not been able to dedicate enough time to this so wont be able to hit my 20k target.

Also, after hitting the dizzy heights of a SS Star after 1st week, have been running+playing bad so am gonna stick to £10 DYM's and try grind a profit for the month and get enough points to stay in Priority.

5350 points, revised target: 10k

Gl2every1 still going4their original targets, looks like some monster sessions been going on!
  • edited January 2012
    Bow down to my 1965 points.
  • edited January 2012
    Finished a day with a very nice £168 profit in DYM's :)

Played a Direct sitelite to Sunday Roller but failed. Also the £5k BH semi didn't go well... Turned nut straight in 4 way pot but still lost to a rivered house....

Played Primo - not good, and £4k BH - got 2 heads and was close to cashing but lost AQ<33

C4P Current: 6.537

Tomorrow working in the morning and that gonna have a DYM session and play the £33 BH - hopefully my tournament dry streek gonna end tomorrow (well maybe better to wait till Luton SPT lol)...

• edited January 2012
    Played a bit today and basically just doing enough to get to the 10K target for myself.

Swings in DYMs can be ridic but pretty happy with how I'm playing - just wanna win a few more of the crucial flips!

C4P: 7277
  • edited January 2012
    so close to giving up/trying to RR the rest of the way there. got me some serious RSI issues in my mouse hand, trying to play 12 tables left handed atm :s
    Posted by beaneh
    stop tossing off?

:)

sry the old jokes are the best
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : stop tossing off? :) sry the old jokes are the best
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    maybe that's right, I normally do it multiple times a day to keep my arm in shape.

but it is actually seriously a bit ruined, and cant click fast enough or accurately enough to 24 table left handed :O

got 5.1k points in a day a few days ago but not sure i'll make the target just playing left handed :s
  • edited January 2012

Similar to Beaheh, starting to have a few physical 'difficulties'.
    Had a soreness in my 'mouse arm' just below the elbow, for a while, and obviously feels a bit more painful over the last few days.
    Still usable though.
    Also felt a bit under the weather last couple of days, but it's all relative...... working from the comfort of my own home, with a bit of a sniffle, and a slightly sore arm isn't going to get much sympathy from a nurse doing a 60 hr week in stressful conditions (although any (young-ish female) nurses wishing to extend sympathy will be welcomed with open arms)!

Another losing day (4 out of the last 5...sigh), but enjoyed playing today, and feel quite positive for the week ahead.

Had two strange-ish spots today.
    One where I folded QQ preflop for just the cost of the small blind. Tightish player raises UTG,  former LAG now playing v.solid 3 bets Cut Off, I Nit fold QQ, money goes in and they show AA & KK....... probably the right fold whatever they turn up, but lovely to see 2 overpairs.

Second one I take a weird line with KK vs Beaneh's JJ, and lose the minimum on a JxxJx board.
    Both spots made me chuckle out loud, so spirits must be good.

C4P 37350          (62.3% of target)
    After day 15 of 26 (57.7% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1888 pts/day 

60k points should be a breeze, unless I get ill, or run out of money................Obviously I'm joking.........about the getting ill bit!!
  • edited January 2012
    arm issues are serious buzines people. 

And Neil that JJ hand was just a whole world of wtf. When you mucked I was like ah ok he was bruffing frop and gave up because i'm a nit and fold KK pre so what can I have. But then I looked it up and saw your hand and just face palmed. :(
  • edited January 2012
    Small losing day but nearly a bit of a disaster due to a lot of tournie BIs.  Was in the hole for nearly a bag at one point.  Pulled it back to only 200ish down which I'm more than happy with.

Once again slacked in volume.  Really need to get my head in the right place and start getting some 4/5k days but for some reason I'm finding it hard.

C4P Total - 32798

Arm update - feeling normal
  • edited January 2012
    For those suffering arm problems - you are basically crushing a nerve near your elbow, and the pain can last a long time after stopping. It will cause your fingers to start tingling and a loss of feeling from the base of your hand to the top of your left finger.

Short term solution - stop putting your elbow/arm in contact with a hard surface (desk). Stick a thick cushion between your elbow and desk and move the mouse position so you can continue to play.

Long term solution - It took over 3 months to get my arm feeling good again, and you will have to consider some sort of focused exercise/stretching to get rid of it. My exercise was swimming. 

It sucks, and it can get really debilitating. At one point I was no longer able to drive because my hand was so numb. Make sure it doesnt get that bad!!
  • edited January 2012
    still liking this thread & v impressed at the levels of degeneracy,
    i'll be lurking around with the occasional spew to keep everyones spirits up
  • edited January 2012
    For those suffering arm problems - you are basically crushing a nerve near your elbow, and the pain can last a long time after stopping. It will cause your fingers to start tingling and a loss of feeling from the base of your hand to the top of your left finger. Short term solution - stop putting your elbow/arm in contact with a hard surface (desk). Stick a thick cushion between your elbow and desk and move the mouse position so you can continue to play. Long term solution - It took over 3 months to get my arm feeling good again, and you will have to consider some sort of focused exercise/stretching to get rid of it. My exercise was swimming.  It sucks, and it can get really debilitating. At one point I was no longer able to drive because my hand was so numb. Make sure it doesnt get that bad!!
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    A mate of mine helped develope something called a Puk which is supposed to be pretty good.

Might be worth trying one out for anybody suffering with rsi.

They're £10 from their ebay shop.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : A mate of mine helped develope something called a Puk which is supposed to be pretty good. Might be worth trying one out for anybody suffering with rsi. They're £10 from their ebay shop.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Sweet i will  try this. i have ulnar nerve entrapment also, which like previously stated is from leaning on my arm for hours on end.

It is a blag and annoys the s* *t outa me. I will try this puk fing, cheers