You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Great reading this thread....until paperboy took over.

Sharkscope will explain his bitterness lolzzzz.
  • edited January 2012
    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiick evening of varience and up and downs on the DYM tables tonight!  Glad to break even over the few hours of playing tbh!

C4P TOTAL: 4328
  • edited January 2012
    tnx for the heads up on ss, bitter i now know why!
  • edited January 2012
    just broke 20k c4p mark, still breakeven for the month, the 3DTV better be fudging huuuuuuuuuge
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : sky treat you well ,because they win off you,they take your rake win or loose,and give you a bit back.then they sit around a table to see what idea they can come up to make you play even more tables and play longer.like the new idea they have comeup with .lets see how many of you make.against the people who dont.as for you paying tax for twenty years,the comment was not aimed a you.but lets be honest,do any of you so called high rollers think sky really give a toss about you,your just cash cows to them...theyre saying ,dont tap the tank to each other..and to the person wanting to know if im a 25 year old paperboy.no im not im director of a building company.and if you would like to compare bank balances,your more than welcome..lol
    Posted by paperboy25
    Off topic, the building industry is responsible for the loss of hundreds of millions of pounds to the exchequer because of their cash in hand mentality and lack of declaration on their tax returns. You are a terrible WUM.  

On topic, had a terrible day, still a healthy profit for the month though and cracked 5k points. Feel totally inadequate when I see some of the others have cracked 20K!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Off topic, the building industry is responsible for the loss of hundreds of millions of pounds to the exchequer because of their cash in hand mentality and lack of declaration on their tax returns. You are a terrible WUM.   On topic, had a terrible day, still a healthy profit for the month though and cracked 5k points. Feel totally inadequate when I see some of the others have cracked 20K!
    Posted by ACEGOONER

You're doing great Ace (I'm sure you're not going for 60K)?

I've had a rollercoaster wkend - Friday, had no internet so played a small home game and won £5.

Sat, got ready4a massive grind - got onto the £20+£30 DYM's and dropped nearly £200! Ran bad and played awful I'm sure.

Sun, Played a few more tables £10 - £30 and lost another £60. Switched off and settled down for the league stars freeroll and TSP qualifier. Lost a big flip in the 1st hour AK vs 44 in the freeroll and bust out.

Was doing ok in the qualifier, then all the run bad I've had over the last two days was paid back when I cracked AA TWICE (1st time with 88 and then with QQ, hit sets both times).

So made it2the final 7 (top six qualified) and with the size of the blinds+stacks shoved pocket 10's in the small blind. BB insta snapped with A6 which would have left me with a quarter of a blind if I lost. 

Door card is an Ace and 2nd card is a 6! My feeling of crushed desolation fortunately only lasted a nanosecond, as the 3nd card was a 10! Held on from then on and qualified for TSP again, really couldn't believe it - a big thank you to all who railed and massive congrats to every1else who qual'd and ul2those who just missed out.

Points - 3835, target 20k - will have to super grind rest of month!

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : You're doing great Ace (I'm sure you're not going for 60K)? I've had a rollercoaster wkend - Friday, had no internet so played a small home game and won £5. Sat, got ready4a massive grind - got onto the £20+£30 DYM's and dropped nearly £200! Ran bad and played awful I'm sure. Sun, Played a few more tables £10 - £30 and lost another £60. Switched off and settled down for the league stars freeroll and TSP qualifier. Lost a big flip in the 1st hour AK vs 44 in the freeroll and bust out. Was doing ok in the qualifier, then all the run bad I've had over the last two days was paid back when I cracked AA TWICE (1st time with 88 and then with QQ, hit sets both times). So made it2the final 7 (top six qualified) and with the size of the blinds+stacks shoved pocket 10's in the small blind. BB insta snapped with A6 which would have left me with a quarter of a blind if I lost.  Door card is an Ace and 2nd card is a 6! My feeling of crushed desolation fortunately only lasted a nanosecond, as the 3nd card was a 10! Held on from then on and qualified for TSP again, really couldn't believe it - a big thank you to all who railed and massive congrats to every1else who qual'd and ul2those who just missed out. Points - 3835, target 20k - will have to super grind rest of month!
    Posted by JingleMa
    Hey Jingle my tottingham hotspuds friend. You are correct I am not going for 60k, 20k is easily acheivable given I can play full time, im putting in between 6-8 hours a day at the mo. May step it up towards the end of the month. 

No longer a HU player on sngs, migrated over to cash and playing nl40. 

Congrats on tsp qualification, im sure the boost in points is appreciated. 

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Hey Jingle my tottingham hotspuds friend. You are correct I am not going for 60k, 20k is easily acheivable given I can play full time, im putting in between 6-8 hours a day at the mo. May step it up towards the end of the month.  No longer a HU player on sngs, migrated over to cash and playing nl40.  Congrats on tsp qualification, im sure the boost in points is appreciated. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Cheers mate.

WD on your transfer to cash, think will be a while b4I can make that switch.

Yeah, alright4those who don't grind the 9-5 to build their points - I'll be in need of therapy by the end of the month I'm sure.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... :   Held on from then on and qualified for TSP again, really couldn't believe it - 
    Posted by JingleMa

Well done sir.... very jealous!

• edited January 2012

Managed to play some today :(
    Very tired, and cut a session short for the first time this week, as I was just clicking buttons (mostly the wrong ones) and starting to give it away.
    Amazingly, still made a small profit on the day.

Well actually, an ok profit, I suppose, as I min-cashed the £500 DTD deepstack for £1k (satted in for 60 euros so not a disaster).

Had a ridic hour before busting.... lost a race to leave me with 1 big blind, which I took to a new table as our table broke after the hand in question, with 36 players left.

All in blind first hand. Guy calls with 5's........ I flip first card - a Ten. Happy days, an overcard! Second card - oh hi der Mister Ten. Hold that one, then take down a few uncontested (shoving blind obv :) ), and win a couple of hands to be in the top ten stacks with 32 left.

Then within 6 hands, lose AQ vs KK of a shortie, lose KK vs KJs for half my remaining stack. Still 14 BB's though (half average) which go very next hand when A2 beats my AQ. Sigh.
    Massive fun though, and having got v.lucky a couple of times on day 1, I can't be too dissapointed.

C4P 19705            (32.8% of target)
    After day 8 of 26 (30.8% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      2239 pts/day
  • edited January 2012

So the staff party was fun, and my plan not too get too drunk obviously failed and didn't play too much yesterday as hangover was horrible :(

Played short DYM session with £60 profit.

Tried to sattelite to Rollers but failed, thank God I wasn't stupid enough to buy in directly...
    In Primo went out with turned set of 9's which gave the oppo straight (didn't even see 67s in that spot...).
    Went deep in mini Primo - 8th -  but was sooo tired at the end, and only thinking about going to bed.

Today working till 3pm and will try to play more tonight.

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 3.056

• edited January 2012
    I just look at the C4P as a bonus, no point chasing it , you will probably lose ,more than you gain by doing this. Plus remember if you enter say the Primo even once a month , that is 170 points in itself.
  • edited January 2012
    Pretty annoying session.  Was ended 200 down which was ok considering how badly I ran during the first 45 mins.

Tables started dying after happy hour so am taking a break for a bit.  Very annoying how regs are acting at the minute tho.  I'm having to play LOL_Rasie to start tables, while they sit on the sidelines for a random/poor player to join and then they all snap sit like vultures.  Its really bad for the games that they act like that and how they are unwilling/unable to start tables and they should look at their behaviour for the good of the games but w/e.

C4P Total - 16162
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : At least your not jealous? loooool whether to believ you about your job in the first place is questionable you seem as if you have just taken a good beating for all your br form a reg on the site and want justice. Please stop posting on this thread nobody cares what you think apart from yourself but listening to you is comedy alone! Would love to hear your thoughts on professional footballers then?
    Posted by Rknowlez
    make your mind up.you tell me to stop posting.then ask my thaughts.on footballers...too much time playing poker obviously rots the brain.as for a good beating ,you couldnt beat an egg.lolraise is always sitting on a table waiting to play some one.get some balls and go play a proper player,coward
  • edited January 2012
    Great reading this thread....until paperboy took over. Sharkscope will explain his bitterness lolzzzz.
    Posted by goldnballz
    i know im not good.but its a bit of fun to me .but your under the illusion your good.your a tiny fish in a tiny pond.in the grand scale of poker as a whole.your a insignificant sad little man with no life,other than dodging the best players knowing if you bump into one of them you will be oblitorated.looool
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : you are inadequate little man
    Posted by paperboy25

Unlike some of the poker players here, you can't have a succesful business if you have nothing better to do than troll a mesage board in the middle of the afternoon. 

Jog along, there must be some bodge job available for you. 

C4P 5.2k only played a few games today, ironically showed more profit in an hours play than the whole of the weekend. Getting ready for a few beers and footy tonight. 

• edited January 2012
    Paperboy, the people making positive input to this thread are a mixture of players who do this for a living and those who get pleasure from the game.

And I enjoy reading it and making an occasional contribution. You obviously get perverse pleasure by trying to disrupt it and I find that very sad. You are making yourself appear jealous and foolish.

This forum provides an opportunity for us to have intelligent discussion about the game and also to learn from each other. If you have no interest in either of these things perhaps it would be best if the moderators removed you from it.
  • edited January 2012
    Paperboy, the people making positive input to this thread are a mixture of players who do this for a living and those who get pleasure from the game. And I enjoy reading it and making an occasional contribution. You obviously get perverse pleasure by trying to disrupt it and I find that very sad. You are making youself appear jealous and foolish. This forum provides an opportunity for us to have intelligent discussion about the game and also to learn from each other. If you have no interest in either of these things perhaps it would be best if the moderators removed you from it.
    Posted by penguin7
    No sooner the word than the deed......
  • edited January 2012
    Pretty annoying session.  Was ended 200 down which was ok considering how badly I ran during the first 45 mins. Tables started dying after happy hour so am taking a break for a bit.  Very annoying how regs are acting at the minute tho.  I'm having to play LOL_Rasie to start tables, while they sit on the sidelines for a random/poor player to join and then they all snap sit like vultures.  Its really bad for the games that they act like that and how they are unwilling/unable to start tables and they should look at their behaviour for the good of the games but w/e. C4P Total - 16162
    Posted by scotty77

Why should they care though, they are all dousche bag morons?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Why should they care though, they are all dousche bag morons?
    Posted by beaneh
    Don't you start Beaneh. :)

How many of the C4Ps do you have?
  • edited January 2012
    Pretty annoying session.  Was ended 200 down which was ok considering how badly I ran during the first 45 mins. Tables started dying after happy hour so am taking a break for a bit.  Very annoying how regs are acting at the minute tho.  I'm having to play LOL_Rasie to start tables, while they sit on the sidelines for a random/poor player to join and then they all snap sit like vultures.  Its really bad for the games that they act like that and how they are unwilling/unable to start tables and they should look at their behaviour for the good of the games but w/e. C4P Total - 16162
    Posted by scotty77
    Not really sure about the comment regarding behaviour,  Anyone with any savy will play and act according to what benifits themselves, I can honestly say I would be very surprised if anyone had any sympathy for your plight.   You fail to realise, The good of the game does not= The good of (lets say) Me.
    Be the hero who starts tables with quality players, I dont think its fair to expect people to join you in your folly.
    If you want to play 20 tables its you who has to start them.... Simples
  • edited January 2012
    Starting games will benefit them in the long run.  Hogging the tables and leaving none for random/casual players is just ridic 
  • edited January 2012
    in all the chat about how "nice" everybody is on sky the site has now developed to a stage like most other bigger sites that competent regs wont play eachother

happens everywere else not sure why anybody is surprised it happens here
  • edited January 2012
    starting new tables can only be beneficial. cause 90% of the time it fills with 5 randoms/recreationals/fish/beaneh. and you can sit in a good value game whilst the rest of em try to set over set each other on the others.
  • edited January 2012
    So if a cash fish like me sits down out a high stakes table with one of you sharks, just how long before the table is full ?
  • edited January 2012
    So if a cash fish like me sits down out a high stakes table with one of you sharks, just how long before the table is full ?
    Posted by penguin7
    Youv been on the telly, Hence, According to some peoples logic you must be first class,  Everyone should leave sir
  • edited January 2012
    starting new tables can only be beneficial. cause 90% of the time it fills with 5 randoms/recreationals/fish/beaneh. and you can sit in a good value game whilst the rest of em try to set over set each other on the others.
    Posted by hurst05
    +1

Been starting a few tables myself and only a couple of times has a reg sat and snap sat out.  Not sure what that says about me TBH.
  • edited January 2012
    took a look at IH8PALACE twitter page n he is giving the 60k challenge a serious go,

he is over 23,000 points 
  • edited January 2012
    Today, had a good DYM session with a £96 profit.

Had a go at £110 BH but didn't go that well. No heads as well...

Had a deep run in £33 BH - finished 16th for a £115 profit. 
    Just can't get through to final table lately... sigh :(

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 3507

Tomorrow cant't play, may have small session on Wednesday only. 
  • edited January 2012

Tell me why I don't like Mondays.....or losing.

Today was a losing day - first one since last Monday.
    Would have booked a small win, but lost a £1k pot to Julian during the last 10 minutes of the day (probably wasn't going to be my last 10 minutes, but the evil Thew crushed my spirit, as well as my bankroll).
    Should have folded the river, but it's tougher right at the end of a session.

I think Scotty mentioned, a few days ago, that he thought the middle section of this would be the hardest - and I thinks that's a fair assessment.
    Starting something isn't too difficult - the fact something is new makes it interesting, and for the first few days, the points difference one day to the next seems significant.

The end bit, will, hopefully be like freewheeling downhill. End in sight, points required decreasing to a manageable amount each day etc....

The middle section (i.e. right now), doesn't have any of those benifits - long way from the start, miles from the finish. 
    I think the next week or so will offer up the strongest urges to cut sessions short, find other things to do etc....

Obviously shouldn't be that difficult to knuckle down and get on with it, but most poker players are naturally lazy types anyway (hence why we play poker, instead of something more energetic!).

C4P 22003            (36.7% of target)
    After day 9 of 26 (34.,6% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      2235 pts/day