You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Better day for me today.  Slowly digging my way out of the first week hole.  Decided just to one table cash today to get my stuff back together as the previous sessions had been a cocktail of donking cash off, a splash of spew and a sprinkle of binked all mixed together in a fancy play syndrome glass.  Tightened the right bits today and had a nice cash session, couple of min cashes in some tournies to add to the BR as well.  Slowly coming back to the right direction.

My C4P score is now 4.6k.  Going nicely towards my target.
  • edited January 2012
    was going ok, in that it was a pretty average day and I was only down a tad

then sit back down for the midnight grind and super explode with tilt.  just people getting kings every hand its so ridic started jamming all in like a clown for 3/5 mins

did 300 in that time

C4P Total - 18260
  • edited January 2012
    Had a great evening tonight, one tabled 8nl made a small profit. I see Scotty77 talking about some hands so here is one interesting hand from my session.

I limped utg with J2s to see a cheap flop but the button raised it to five times the big blind. I thought this was expensive but, you know if I hit a big flop then I get all his chips plus I can always hit a flush! :) So I called and the flop was K 2 2 and I thought BINGO. So I check to induce and he bets, I decide to min raise as I think this is the best way to hide the strength of my hand. He then re raises, so I min raise once more hoping that he just has AK and goes allin and that I havn't turned my hand completely face up. The money quickly got in the middle but he had Kings, I mean how unfair is that, can you imagine my disappointment! I had trips! but hey ho that's poker!

Anyway after all of that my C4P is now on 17.
  • edited January 2012
    Unlucky there Pryce keep your head up mate!

I took Saturday off after saying I was giving up on the 60k challenge and played again sunday with more enthusiasm but managed to lose again.  However today i've played about 9 hours, won a weeks worth of losses back and a bit more mostly from the 2.5/5 game and got up to 20,089pts.

So i'm going for the 60k challenge once again!

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    Unlucky there Pryce keep your head up mate!
    Posted by sam1986
    Thank you so much Sam. It really shows what a great site this is and what a wonderful community we have when one of the high stakes pros like yourself takes the time out to reply.

Good luck with your challenge to get to 60k.
  • edited January 2012
    @ 23,211 pts. still breakeven
  • edited January 2012
    GL all, hope Sky have to splash out on 5 or 6 packages for you all ;)

My week last week started really well, made a good profit, but my 2nd session on Saturday followed by a poor day on Sunday saw most of my profits disapear. Still had a nice cashout for a part time player though.

I won a free £110 seat from the Stars tourney on Sunday and used it last night where I got a bounty (Should of  had Sam's as well but he runs like god!) Was still a nice free £50.

C4P this month 3931

Target: 10k minimum (Maybe 12k)

• edited January 2012
    This thread is deffo interesting,  Like it.
  • edited January 2012
    Day was a tale of two sessions, first one down three buyins at one stage, pocket ks on a dry board vs a set, flopped set vs flopped str8, it wasnt looking good. 

Then the evening happy hour pulled it all back and a small profit, then just played hu at nl30 for another small profit. So up for the day and another 600 points banked. 

Cash for points now : 5818

On target for 18k, would love more than 20k but thats gonna mean some 12 hour plus days. I cant play any more than 4 tables even on mini view because of resolution restrictions, although I feel ready to move up to 6. 
  • edited January 2012
    I'm really starting to lose the enthusiasm for this!!! Jakally really did sum it up in an early post...Long way from the start line yet miles away from the finish...Fear not boys once you hit 40k it will be plain sailing. Never felt this bad when I hit 69k one month but it doesn't help when you run like a 2 legged  donkey......

21k and fading fast and in  desperate need of that 24" monitor ( hope it's dell with a white back ), just cracked 1 of mine after KK being busted for like the 24th/28.....

Would really like to have this  locked up in the next  12 days or so....Fed up with it already

Good luck fellow degens!!!!!
  • edited January 2012
    Bit the bullet and tried out mini-view tables today.
    Can't really get any more than 11 on my set up with standard view, and 10 is better. and wanted to try a couple more (after hearing sicko Spittles talk about 24 tabling on the Mastercash show).

Always disliked mini-view, although I had only tried it a couple of times before.
    I think part of that is familiarity, and partly it didn't suit my eye.

Got up to 13 tables but really struggled.
    I guess it takes time to get accustomed to something new, and although mini view does what it says on the tin, I didn't feel that comfortable with where I was at on each table.
    Additionally, I couldn't really keep up with 13 tables of action, and was folding quite a few playable hands.

After a tilt-inducing internet problem, I changed back to standard view, 10 tables, and felt much better..... old dogs and all of that!

Summary of the day : played ok (mostly), got some points, did a win.

C4P 24613            (41.0% of target)
    After day 10 of 26 (38.5% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      2212 pts/day
  • edited January 2012
    Ok a really really horrible day.  Only 400 down.

Just got coolered constantly since I logged on.

BUT I did get coolered by everyone on the site and NOT tilt.  Just felt really numb to it all and play thru.

Third of the way now.  Long long way to go.  Highlight of the day was getting an SPT Luton seat.  Was gonna buy in as but gave these 6 quid sats that Sky ran a go and binked.

Oh and jakally 24 tabling is horrible.  I usually 12 table but 18s okish I suppose.  Any more and my brain really does wanna explode

C4P Total - 20405
  • edited January 2012
    Dont know how you guys play so many tables, max I play is 4 on my laptop and that seem manic !
  • edited January 2012
    compelling thread & pretty thrilled to have had a shout out from jakally.

i initially misread the promo & thought it was the highest raker over 60k who would scoop...having said that i just don't know if i could play even my C game with that sort of volume,

was playing 6 tables last night for a while, took a few hits & spewed hard v simuk & worse still, beaneh.

in short, i'd fear for my online roll.

good luck guys

ps. glitterbabe, you love it
  • edited January 2012
    26.2k pts in.  down almost 5k at 1/3
  • edited January 2012
    Yesterday didn't play at all. After work took my wife to London to see Cirque De Soleil - Totem. Absolutely fantastic show!!!

Today working from 3pm till midnight so had a 2h morning DYM session. Wish I didn't. Was running horrible and finished £70 down.

Tomorrow working in the morning till 3pm and than should have 5 days off work, so hopefuly will have time to play more.

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 3.797
  • edited January 2012
    ya'll shouldn't be so disgusted to lose to me, I need feeding up!!

Just over 20k points at the mo. Can feel the rsi kicking in :(
  • edited January 2012
    Managed to get myself in a £2k whole yesterday but eventually turned it around to a small win.

Lost £600 this afternoon mostly down to losing a big pot vs muzowned at the end of the session.  Heading to the tottenham game now and will be back for the night shift

22,824pts
  • edited January 2012
    A question for you multitable maniacs !

What happens when you have to answer the phone when you have 20 tables up ?

Do you ignore the phone, keep playing while talking. sit out, or close all the tables ?

Just happened to me with only 6 low stakes tables going, and it was chaotic to say the least.
  • edited January 2012
    A question for you multitable maniacs ! What happens when you have to answer the phone when you have 20 tables up ? Do you ignore the phone, keep playing while talking. sit out, or close all the tables ? Just happened to me with only 6 low stakes tables going, and it was chaotic to say the least.
    Posted by penguin7

keep mobile/landline close to you

have no friends so no one phones you

simples......
  • edited January 2012
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/16ofem.jpg/

could do with an advanced delivery of the monitor i think,

expert ihaveaskypefriend brag too
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to re:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/16ofem.jpg/ could do with an advanced delivery of the monitor i think, expert ihaveaskypefriend brag too
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Is that on a single monitor??
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to re:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/16ofem.jpg/ could do with an advanced delivery of the monitor i think, expert ihaveaskypefriend brag too
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Welcome to beaneh's world: 

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4324/beforech.jpg
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: re:
    In Response to re : Welcome to beaneh's world:  http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4324/beforech.jpg
    Posted by Machka

i've been staring at essentially this for 6/11 days this month. doing my utter nut in. 

this is such an effort. it's totally doable but every time I sit down to play I just think als;kdflaskdfasljkdf can I be arrrsed ?!
  • edited January 2012
    mine is on one monitor!
  • edited January 2012
    My 9 tables suddenly looks very inadequate... Then again I should be used to that by now
  • edited January 2012
    My 9 tables suddenly looks very inadequate... Then again I should be used to that by now
    Posted by FlashFlush

LOL WILLY JOKES

LOL

WILLY
  • edited January 2012
    see i'm going utterly mental.

disconecting earlier whilst on 24 tables during happy hour was one hell of a tilting moment :(
  • edited January 2012
    Had a great evening tonight, one tabled 8nl made a small profit. I see Scotty77 talking about some hands so here is one interesting hand from my session. I limped utg with J2s to see a cheap flop but the button raised it to five times the big blind. I thought this was expensive but, you know if I hit a big flop then I get all his chips plus I can always hit a flush! :) So I called and the flop was K 2 2 and I thought BINGO. So I check to induce and he bets, I decide to min raise as I think this is the best way to hide the strength of my hand. He then re raises, so I min raise once more hoping that he just has AK and goes allin and that I havn't turned my hand completely face up. The money quickly got in the middle but he had Kings, I mean how unfair is that, can you imagine my disappointment! I had trips! but hey ho that's poker! Anyway after all of that my C4P is now on 17.
    Posted by pryce6
    Ohh 'UL'.  Dont let this setback put u off your 'normal' game....Maybe u could post the hand ID in the 'Ask Tikay' thread and Ryan could kindly analyise it the next time he is on the show?.....Just an idea....Anyway 'gl'.
  • edited January 2012
    Amazing how people can play so many tables at once. I can manage 4 and was considering moving up to 5 tables sometime if I could fit them all on my screen in a "X" shape with a bit of overlap, as they don't fit if I tile them without hiding the taskbar. Kind of puts everything into perspective a bit when you see screenshots of 16-24 tables open at once!