You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    why hasnt pryce6 updated his points tally yet!? hate it when he keeps his fans in the dark :(
  • edited January 2012
    just going for priority again, maybe 12 to 16k. i am on 2200 so far. i expect 2500 by end of the day
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    why hasnt pryce6 updated his points tally yet!? hate it when he keeps his fans in the dark :(
    Posted by hurst05
    he probably just phones up his mum to update her
  • edited January 2012
    Just put in a few hours this afternoon, will be back on the tables on Sunday.

308 points this afternoon.

Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 3,341

(20.88% of the way there)
  • edited January 2012

Just had a quick session before going out (no age jokes please), and gave a bit away.
    Paid off Runitsrann with a straight vs a fairly obvious nut straight, and played a couple of other spots real bad.

Good player the Rann lad.... but he appears to have developed an unhealthy interest in my money!

Short day today, but generally ok apart from the last half hour.
    Off to DTD now for the tourney. Would like to do well, but could do without having to go back for day 2 on Sunday.
    Would be a nice problem to face though, so no biggie.

C4P 15503.
  • edited January 2012

Good luck in Notts tonight Neil. I've decided to swerve it tonight, & play tomorrow instead, as the field will be easier tomorrow - Thewy's in tomorrow.
  • edited January 2012
    Brutal session...

AK lose to AK at 1/3, I insta rebuy and get AA... 3 bet the same player he shoves 88 and flops quads

By the time Neil beat my JQhh on 8h9h10s with AQss I was pretty tilted

So i'm gonna give up on the 60k challenge now, pretty disappointed I couldnt do it, maybe I'll buy myself an iPad and 3D tv to cheer myself up :)

Good luck you lot still going for it
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by hurst05
    Are you his number one fan Hursty?
  • edited January 2012
    Marathon six hour stint, made £30! What I cant get over is how many regs there are on the 40nl tables at lunchtime, if your not on by 12:30 you've got no chance of getting on by the happy hour. 

Was surprised to see the likes of glitterbabe, gerard9 and beaneh on nl40 over the last few days. 

Another 576 points, total for the month 3691.

18-19k is definately achievable. Will try some longer stints next week, but got a footy match coming up on monday night. The way arsenal are playing at the mo I wonder if I should just stay in and play poker! 
  • edited January 2012
    Will try some longer stints next week, but got a footy match coming up on monday night. The way arsenal are playing at the mo I wonder if I should just stay in and play poker! 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Leeds aren't playing much better. Lost 3 on the bounce (including 4-1 to Barnsley), then played Burnley who went down to 10 men in the first half, scored, and would've beaten us if they didn't concede 2 late goals.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Leeds aren't playing much better. Lost 3 on the bounce (including 4-1 to Barnsley), then played Burnley who went down to 10 men in the first half, scored, and would've beaten us if they didn't concede 2 late goals.
    Posted by EvilPingu

I take back what I said. Thierry Henry is coming home and should play on Monday. Legend!
  • edited January 2012
    Probably the worst day of poker in my life.  Down 1k.  Had some coolers then tilted and played very bad then stopped tilting only to play again and be stuck in the freezer 3 more times for stacks.  Really don't think I'm gonna play again today.

C4P Total - 14924.  
  • edited January 2012
    Not much to update today.  Still can't push on, DYM game has sorted itself out but cash is stalling and yet to impact a MTT.  About £400 down on the month.  Got 3600 C4Ps.  On course for my target but going to have a day away from the tables tomorrow.  Planning to watch Spurs fumble through a cup match tomorrow and then have a few post match fizzy drinks with some friends.  Frazzled with the back to work fever.
  • edited January 2012
    lost £900 then went to get drunk, 1day il learn not ot get qq/ak in pre, just not today...or tomorrow
  • edited January 2012
    Played cash and DYMs for an hour tonight and seemed to bink very well when needed. 

• ybyb
    edited January 2012
    lost £900 then went to get drunk, 1day il learn not ot get qq/ak in pre, just not today...or tomorrow
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    i think against some players you could 3bet every other hand and they'd still only get AA/KK in pre :(
  • edited January 2012
    what's the situation this month with c4p and sick days innit

scotty team pro man finds out please!! :)
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by hurst05
    sorry I have not played much, but here i am fan.

Played a £3.30 dym last night and then a satellite to the 4k BH but failed obv :(

C4P: 4

I really hope to get to 500 points but it's going to be rly rly hard i think, plus i have to go to SPT Luton to rail people like LOLraise who I see playing on TV ALL THE TIME and really want to watch him play and get his autograph so that's two days off the grind :(
  • edited January 2012
    Got back 100 of the 1k that I lost today so only 900 down.  I'm one quarter of the way there in terms of C4P now...

Beaneh I don't know but I'm sure that that helpful forum poster SKY POKER will be along soon to help you out with your question :o)

C4P Total - 15302
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : 1000 is £10? still sucks though
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    i dont think they deserve it ,they are a load of gambling maniacs,playing 10 tables at once.they dont pay a penny tax on their winnings.and their money goes up.at the end of the day sky laugh at them too,because they win every time wether these high rollers win or not ,if one of the goes broke  sky are not bothered theres always another personto take his place who thinks its easier to sit playing poker all day,than get off their backside and get a job ann pay taxes for all the the things they enjoy 4 free...so no you deserve it
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : i dont think they deserve it ,they are a load of gambling maniacs,playing 10 tables at once.they dont pay a penny tax on their winnings.and their money goes up.at the end of the day sky laugh at them too,because they win every time wether these high rollers win or not ,if one of the goes broke  sky are not bothered theres always another personto take his place who thinks its easier to sit playing poker all day,than get off their backside and get a job ann pay taxes for all the the things they enjoy 4 free...so no you deserve it
    Posted by paperboy25

I think you will find the best poker players on the site would be successful no matter what they did in life.

So if they did go broke be wary for what you wish for, they could end up being your boss and giving you a lesson in spelling, punctuation and grammar. 

Back on topic, just had a quick one hour session, small profit and cash for points totalling 3.8k.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : sorry I have not played much, but here i am fan. Played a £3.30 dym last night and then a satellite to the 4k BH but failed obv :( C4P: 4 I really hope to get to 500 points but it's going to be rly rly hard i think, plus i have to go to SPT Luton to rail people like LOLraise who I see playing on TV ALL THE TIME and really want to watch him play and get his autograph so that's two days off the grind :(
    Posted by pryce6
    Lmao! Keep going you'll get dat 5pennies bonus!

So if they did go broke be wary for what you wish for, they could end up being your boss and giving you a lesson in spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Hahaha +1

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : i dont think they deserve it ,they are a load of gambling maniacs,playing 10 tables at once.they dont pay a penny tax on their winnings.and their money goes up.at the end of the day sky laugh at them too,because they win every time wether these high rollers win or not ,if one of the goes broke  sky are not bothered theres always another personto take his place who thinks its easier to sit playing poker all day,than get off their backside and get a job ann pay taxes for all the the things they enjoy 4 free...so no you deserve it
    Posted by paperboy25

I am sick of telling you, i read the Express not the Mail, and PLEASE use the mail box on the house wall

Cos i am fed up with sellotaping it back together after the bloody dog has finished with it.

PS  Are you really a 25 yr old paperboy.???
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : I think you will find the best poker players on the site would be successful no matter what they did in life. So if they did go broke be wary for what you wish for, they could end up being your boss and giving you a lesson in spelling, punctuation and grammar.  Back on topic, just had a quick one hour session, small profit and cash for points totalling 3.8k.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    this really made me lol
  • edited January 2012
    Getting back on topic...

Wasn't able to play yesterday, was busy in the morning and working in the evening. 

Today managed to get 2 short DYM session with a very nice £100 profit :) 
    Now getting ready for tonights Staff Christmas Party. 
    Hopefully won't get too drunk as planing a long grinding tomorrow :)

As for C4P I think I am on good truck. Obviously have to achieve my goal before Luton SPT...

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 2.628
  • edited January 2012
    1 week in and I was only able to play for 3 days, got 11.5k points and am back from losing money at WPT Ireland now so will play for a few days and see how I get on/how many games run and decide whether to go for it properly at the end of the week.

It's pretty annoying that I didn't know anything of this until the last day of Decemeber, it's pretty hard to give a month over to pure grinding without and warning in advance.
  • edited January 2012
    1 week in and I was only able to play for 3 days, got 11.5k points and am back from losing money at WPT Ireland now so will play for a few days and see how I get on/how many games run and decide whether to go for it properly at the end of the week. It's pretty annoying that I didn't know anything of this until the last day of Decemeber, it's pretty hard to give a month over to pure grinding without and warning in advance.
    Posted by beaneh
    This rake race has generated so much traffic it would be insane for Sky to not run the same or similar promotion every month for the for seeable future
  • edited January 2012
    how many will actually reach 60k,anywhere up to ten probably a lot less than ten,so up tp 30 k worth of goodies,got to be well worth it for sky
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : This rake race has generated so much traffic it would be insane for Sky to not run the same or similar promotion every month for the for seeable future
    Posted by FlashFlush
    this is not the case by any means. Long term it's so bad for the site.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : this is not the case by any means. Long term it's so bad for the site.
    Posted by beaneh
    explain?