You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Ha lets just say i had you beat :) nice fold.

I might try this the dym way tbh and play everything from 22 up see what that can get me. I got a little catching to do as took the 1st off and played yesterday getting 2.3 points. I think i could do this if i gave it my all and seems a nice challange to start the year. 

I best be aiming for 2400 ish a day as i need wed nights off for pool and the spt weekend ahead.

I'M IN - till about 5 days and im shattered ha :)

2.5k atm
  • edited January 2012
    Will you add in cash while playing DYMS?  Even 2/3 cash tables on the side, over the course of the month, will add up to quite a lot I think....

Burn out is def the big problem.  Getting to 20-30k will be easy.  The rest will be very annoying.
  • edited January 2012
    Another day of running bad... Although managed to almost break even in DYM's.
    Went out from main event AK<A3 to a flash and from £4k Bounty Hunter JJ<KTo with J on the flop to a runner runner flash... Definitely time for a break..

C4P Target : 10.000
    C4P Current: 1.485
  • edited January 2012
    BAM

9:30pm on the 3rd and just made priority :-p

now the real question is will I be bothered to give it a good go for 60k lol.
  • edited January 2012
    just had another 2 hour session.  had 10 tables up.  ran well but lost some big pots too.  was really surprised by the + figure for the day....in a good way :)

gonna just chill for a bit.  1 table this 4k BH badboy then back on the grind for 10.30/11

C4P Total - 7410
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    BAM 9:30pm on the 3rd and just made priority :-p now the real question is will I be bothered to give it a good go for 60k lol.
    Posted by beaneh
    U are a sickoooooooo
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : U are a sickoooooooo
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

made money too somehow :)

might also give it a lickle tickle at the 11pm happy hour if i'm still awake, I haven't been to bed since yesterday. all night grinds ftw.
  • edited January 2012
    Another good day at the tables, running well above expected bb per hour profit but enjoying it while it lasts. 

1831 points, 18k defo acheivable. 
  • edited January 2012
    scotty?? quick question.. iv qualified for the £100 roller.. do you know if i still get the c4p for this game although i qualified for free?? if so it will help immensely to my target!! ps any tips for an occasional £5 stt player playing the Thursday roller??
    Posted by bigflop1

In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    I think you will get the 100 points, I can't see why not as the system should still 'think' that you ahve paid the 10 pounds rake. but yeah GL :)
    Posted by scotty77

Yes, you will still get the usual amount of C4P (100) for entering. Gl :)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : made money too somehow :) might also give it a lickle tickle at the 11pm happy hour if i'm still awake, I haven't been to bed since yesterday. all night grinds ftw.
    Posted by beaneh

All right4those who don't have to grind the 9-5! Ah, one day...

10k in 3 days is still a sick mind-melt though.

Just a small session4me today, cream crackered from New yr's cold and going back2wrk.

Back to earth with a small bump after yesterday's riches, made a £33 loss.

1275 pts, target 20k.

• edited January 2012

GL for show on Sat Mr Spittles and for points target!  If any1 can reach 60k u can......I myself struggle to get 500.....lol!

• edited January 2012
    Played bad that session.  Tilted a tad.  Was about break even until just the end when I flopped the nuts v 2pr and lead/called flop and ofc he house up turn and I didn't fold when it was obv what he had.

Oh well  tbh when I was closing the tables I thought it would be worse whe it was only a BI down.

Feeling pretty tired dunno if I will play again tongiht.

C4 Total - 8127
  • edited January 2012
    Decided to try the sng route played pretty much every dym from 7-12:30 £22 and up made 2296 points on day.

4600 points still on catch up duty and pool tomorrow night :(
  • edited January 2012
    Managed another 792 points today.

Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 1557

• edited January 2012

Scotty's right, burn out could be an issue...... think I hit 'the wall' about mid-afternoon on the 2nd!!
    To be honest, for the first time, this feels like a proper job,
    I've been pretty relaxed about volume & playing hours over the last 18 months, but all of a sudden I am constantly thinking about how I can deal with real life stuff in the shortest possible timeframe.
    Getting the kids a Mcdonalds, as it was quicker than cooking them a meal, is probably not something to be proud of, but balanced against the negatives, are the valuable lessons they are learning in time-management!!

Ended today at 7152 C4P, and a decent profit on the day, so all's good.

Was pretty dissapointed with how I played yesterday (although being out of position to LOL_Raise and Beaneh on 5 tables didn't help), but played much better today.
    Last hour or so had a few ugly spots which I didn't play great, but overall a lot happier.

It's pretty amazing to see a long list of full £0.50/£1 tables in the lobby, plus plenty of £1/£2's & £1.50/£3's.
    Not sure what the long term impact is (rake races have the potential to scare away casual players as tables are almost all reg-fests), but in the short term, Sky must be very pleased.

• edited January 2012
    Not sure what the long term impact is (rake races have the potential to scare away casual players as tables are almost all reg-fests), but in the short term, Sky must be very pleased.

The 'regs' don't do enough to make it easy for casual players.  There  are a few regs (but 1 in particular), who are considered to be some of the best on Sky...they sit on empty 6 max tables trying to start them.  I sit and they tank sit out not realising that casual players looking for a 6 max game don't like playing HU but don't mind playing 3/4 handed...

Even tho I don't play HU, I will play pretty much anyone to get these tables started.  Its good for the site and good for the games but they don't realise they only care about how much they might win/lose in the 5 mins it takes for seats to fil
  • edited January 2012
    I just played one last session.  Happy with how I played.  Steady profit.  Made one big error but w/e.  Just below the target i set but 2.5kish points for the day is okish I suppose.  Made a decent profit on the day too  Want to get on tomorrow for a 4k+ grind

C4P Total - 8490
  • edited January 2012
    Played a few bits last night.  Had a winning nl300 session (although I was sick lucky in one big pot), managed to cash in all of my DYMs and cashed in the main & mini.  Slowly climbing out of my starting hole.

Not sure which route to take for the C4P.  Might go the DYM route like Nutter (this always got me 10k points before) or stay with the cash grind.  Think I might do as Scotty suggests and try to start more tables to help the casual players out.  Judging by the waiting list I got for my table yesterday they won't take more than a moment to fill ;)

C4P 2600
  • edited January 2012
    Personally I dont mind opening tables and playing hu or short handed. What infuriates me is players who short stack with a view to doubling up and running. I know two such plapyers nl40and deliberately sit out.

Feel very bright after a good nights kip and will be on the tables for a 5 hour session later. Aiming for 900points today. Scotty your points are like the runs and myne the wickets!
  • edited January 2012

The 'regs' don't do enough to make it easy for casual players.  There  are a few regs (but 1 in particular), who are considered to be some of the best on Sky...they sit on empty 6 max tables trying to start them.  I sit and they tank sit out not realising that casual players looking for a 6 max game don't like playing HU but don't mind playing 3/4 handed... Even tho I don't play HU, I will play pretty much anyone to get these tables started.  Its good for the site and good for the games but they don't realise they only care about how much they might win/lose in the 5 mins it takes for seats to fill

Posted by scotty77
    so much truth in this, its so dumb how they dont understand that 15mins where say if they are -5bb/100 HU and you play 25hands they will on average lose  1.25bbs but have a good chance of a recreational player joining the table.
     to be fair i had one reg who normally doesnt start 2x deep tables with me yesterday for 10-15mins. one of the games managed to fill up very quickly
  • edited January 2012
    Interested to see where Jakally took the kids for dinner today!!!!  No doubt a 3 course slap up instead of Ronald Mcdonald's due to my donations.... How does he ever find AA 3 times  in 8 hands @ one, 100nl game and stacks me 3 times ....
  • edited January 2012
    It's Jakally !

Incredibly swingy day today was -800 at one point running dreadful, then went to superan mode and came back with about a 30 quid loss so happy before pool. Will see what time i get back and grind a little more if the games are running.

6500 points
  • edited January 2012
    Jakally is the king don't mess with him he will just destroy you he ALWAYS has it
  • edited January 2012
    intresting thread lots of big guns involved gl all
  • edited January 2012
    I am getting really worried about myself here. As someone who has always not enjoyed cash ( and not thought myself very good at it) I was apprehensive about playing some happy hours to try and build my C4P towards priority club.

I am only playing 4 or 5 tables at low levels ( 10/20p etc) but have made a healthy profit every day.

And I am really getting into it. My happy hours keep getting extended... I just played an extra 45 mins to try and get my stack on a couple of tables up to 5 buyins.

Trouble is I keep forgetting or postponing entering my usual tournies. For the first time ever my cash league points are way higher than my MTTs.

But I am still way behind my C4P target on only 750 points. Temptation is to move up a level to try and boost it but I am probably safer just enjoying it where I am, and learning more.

EDIT: Just used my cash profit to buy in direct for Luton. Qualifying the easy way  :)
  • edited January 2012

Cash for points : 2345

Made around 400 points this morning in a 5 hour stint which saw my worst run at nl40 in over a week, was down over 4 BI's at one stage and clawed it back all the way to a small profit by the end of the happy hour. 

The 6 o'clock happy hour was a nightmare, I sat around 5:55 pm and couldnt get a nl40 table and had to start a new one and sit at some nl50 tables in the short time I was at nl50 had a nice donation and when I got back to NL40 again took down some more pots to finish the day 3 Bi's plus up. If ever there was an example of variance its today, a £300 swing from negative to positive. 

Still pretty much on target for 18k, but feel a bit lucky to show a profit today. This run just carries on, 9 consecutive positive days, long may it continue. 
  • edited January 2012
    Interested to see where Jakally took the kids for dinner today!!!!  No doubt a 3 course slap up instead of Ronald Mcdonald's due to my donations.... How does he ever find AA 3 times  in 8 hands @ one, 100nl game and stacks me 3 times ....
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Was brutal mate.
    Thinking of letting 'em have a McFlurry tomorrow as a treat!! (One between them obv.....).
  • edited January 2012
    Jakally is the king don't mess with him he will just destroy you he ALWAYS has it
    Posted by scotty77

Ask anyone.... the old guys always have it.
    (Although I'm thinking of doing a training vid on 4bet folding after today).

• edited January 2012
    Played some big pots today and was expecting a very very very bad balance when I quit all my tables.  Was really shocked (in good way)  that is was only 200 down.

Gonna grind a bit later.  Wanna get to 11.5k by the end of the day

C4P Total - 9996
  • edited January 2012
    First proper grinding day today. Played loads of DYMs this evening.

Points Total : 1660