You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Good luck Ryan!

I'll join as well if I may?
    My target for January is 10000 to get to the Priority Club. Not playing cash just MTT and DYM.

• edited January 2012
    Yes, with these happy hours, I will play a little more cash too.

And target is priority club. Usually I make about 4000 a month from MTTs, so some way to go.

First couple of happy hours have each gone well with a profit and about 100 points each.

Currently 336 points.
  • edited January 2012
    GL scotty.

Personally i'm aiming for 18 or 22k, as these seem most proffitable under the new C4P system,  can't use my sick day to help tho, sigh.  Aiming for 24k or 26k seems pointless now under the new system, as i'd be down over £100+ on what i would have got as bonus pervious months.

Dym grind ftw.
  • edited January 2012
    Great read Ryan - gl mate.

My goal is to get back into Priority but, like Tommy, fear that the dreaded return to work may impact! This thread may help me perservere so gonna try my best with anything up to 100nl and all stake DYMs.

CURRENT TOTAL : 664 points
  • edited January 2012
    Great thread, insane volume your playing ryan. 

Im going to try and emulate what you do on a smaller scale, will sky give me an ipod shuffle or something :).

Seriously, having moved over to lower stakes cash last week, ive decided to rack up my c4p this month on nl40 (until i start losing :( ). So far so good, on a massive heater, crushing the game and not many bad beats. In two days four tabling nl40 managed 1150 points. Normally I just scrape past 10k each month, this month 15k is acheivable at this volume. Ive also noticed that 16k pays out slightly more than the old c4p amount. If I can get 20k or above purely playing nl40 I will be beside myself. 

The happy hours have been a great way of boosting points, long may they continue. 

• edited January 2012
    Playing really badly today.  Just had AA lose to QQ for lots of chips in the BH ME.  Gonna chill for a bit then grind later.

Lots of regs in the game.  More than usual.  Sky have really got everyone grinding hard.

C4P Total - 5590
  • edited January 2012
    Overall, a good read. Best of luck Ryan, and anyone else going for their personal best.
  • edited January 2012
    Quite a bad day in the office... oh well hope to run better tomorrow

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 740
  • edited January 2012
    Just finished another profitable happy hour and c4p now totals 1298. I'm out for much of tomorrow will be interesting to see how much poker time I get. 
  • edited January 2012

Scotty, you are BEASTING those points alive! 5k in two days, ridiculous.

Great session for me today, just over £170 profit - if only it was always like this!

C4P - 1045, target 20k.
  • edited January 2012
    4.2k c4p slight losing session at the end, spewed super hard fun times.
  • edited January 2012
    Decent grind today. Fell slightly short of my 800 point target for the day...

Target c4p: 16,000
    Current c4p: 765
  • edited January 2012
    Ok done for the day now.

Was in the hole for 750 at one point today.  Managed to get that down to just a 350 loss.

Tables aren't the best at the minute.  

Gonna grind a lot tomorrow.  Got nothing on so can play for the whole day.  Am a little disapointed with this.  Wanted to get close to 7 by now but w/e try and get lots of hands in tomorrow.

C4P Total - 5873
  • edited January 2012

4780 C4P after day 2, but it's been a hard grind, and given that I can only play about 27 days this month, and not all of them full days, it's odds against me getting anywhere near 60k.

Played pretty badly today as well, and had a losing day.

Tables pretty tough, and I ran fairly badly, particularly at £1.50/£3 (always sucks when you run worse at the highest limit you are playing).
    Did 4 stacks in 20 minutes at one point this afternoon, with AK<AA, AK<QQ, 77 v JJ on a J7x flop, then flush over flush. Pretty tough to come back from, and I didn't play well enough to get it all back.

Playing 7 - 10 tables, which is at the absolute top end of my range, and felt a bit tired today which didn't help.

Will grind til end Thursday (short day tomorrow with looking after kids / family meal / 5 a side).
    If I've got to 11k by the end of Thurs (and haven't done my nuts getting there),then I will still have an outside chance of making 60k, and will commit to another week of torture :).
  • edited January 2012
    Ok played on cos there were MAJOR fish on 1/2 and 1/3

Lost 110 for the session.

I did get it in ahead of 1.1k of pots and get done tho so suppose was ok.

C4P Total - 6091
  • edited January 2012
    Yesterday played some NL100 and continued the DYM grind.  Not exactly great, the cash session made me chuckle huge, didn't played great as well as losing in ridiculous fashion.  DYMs went slightly better.

C4P now 2200 but as I'm typing this preparing to walk through a hurricane to work, that pace will not keep up.
  • edited January 2012
    I think Peg1 is going for it...currently sat at 4 russian roulette tables !
  • edited January 2012
    Ok just had an afternoon snooze after a 4 hour session this morning thru to the first happy hour. Points now 1637, would be nice to get close to 2k by the end of today's poker. 

On a seperate note, ive just realised there is no food in the house, this is what poker grinding does to you! Time to put that right before hitting the tables......
  • edited January 2012
    omg 6k points after 2 days?? thats immense..

how long does it take to get 1k points playing 4 tables of 0.5/1?? average
  • edited January 2012
    i admire all the pros on here.. probably scotty the most.... BUT

if i had enough of a roll to get 60k points in a month i wouldnt kill myself playing till i bled, just to get a few electricals.. id just go to the shop to buy them...

really enjoying this promotion and following the thread tho guys wd
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    omg 6k points after 2 days?? thats immense.. how long does it take to get 1k points playing 4 tables of 0.5/1?? average
    Posted by bigflop1
    Assume you mean 100nl?  I think that you get around 40 points/hour/table so that would be 160.

With regards to the electrial stuff...it is a good promo and has motivated me to play more.  Like I said earlier, I was gonna make this month a big month anwyay cos of TSP/C4P.  For example, if I hit 60k then I will get 3.6kC4P + 3.6k TSP and the 3ks worth of prizes....

There seem to be 6-8 well known regs going for it.  I think that it will present an opportunity for some regs tho to exploit the more tables/longer grinds which will mean that bad play will leak into even the most solid reg just from being tired/burn out.

Played for an hour so far today.  Had a solid session with a small win, nothing special...but if I could take every session with that kind of win for the rest of the month then I would gladly snap it off

C4P Total - 6319
  • edited January 2012
    right then. not in the same league as u lot but may as well join in :)

didnt play new years day.. (played live)

last night  - played £11  £3k gtd bounty and a few £5 stts

target - 500

total - 35

(dont laugh)
  • edited January 2012
    0k points.

Going to 1 table 10nl tomorrow, see if I can get to my aim of 500 points this month. Think it's going to be touch and go but I'm confident. More importantly I just want to beat the game though, any cash for points is a BONUS.
  • edited January 2012

scotty?? quick question..

iv qualified for the £100 roller.. do you know if i still get the c4p for this game although i qualified for free??
    if so it will help immensely to my target!!

ps any tips for an occasional £5 stt player playing the Thursday roller??

• edited January 2012
    scotty?? quick question.. iv qualified for the £100 roller.. do you know if i still get the c4p for this game although i qualified for free?? if so i will help immensly to my target!! ps any tips for an occasional £5 stt player playing the thursday roller??
    Posted by bigflop1
    don't really know about any tips...I think the best way to enter into a freeroll like this is just to play your usual game and go for it, especially around the bubble period.  I think you will get the 100 points, I can't see why not as the system should still 'think' that you ahve paid the 10 pounds rake.

but yeah GL :)
  • edited January 2012
    0k points. Going to 1 table 10nl tomorrow, see if I can get to my aim of 500 points this month. Think it's going to be touch and go but I'm confident. More importantly I just want to beat the game though, any cash for points is a BONUS.
    Posted by pryce6
    wins a trophy and becomes too much of a balla to grind Sky.  the glory of winning a mid range buy in 130 runner TURBO side event has gone to your head.

GL at the Fox.  I hope you hold in the next 1.3k pot you play :)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : wins a trophy and becomes too much of a balla to grind Sky.  the glory of winning a mid range buy in 130 runner side event has gone to your head. GL at the Fox.  I hope you hold in the next 1.3k pot you play :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Look, just because you are this huge grinder reeling in the points, don't ridicule those of us who don't have the game or BR to do what you're doing.

And I thought from watching the TV you seem like such a nice guy! How wrong I was...
  • edited January 2012
    Just 6-8 tabled the happy hour on nl50 and got an amazing 200 points ! is that pretty much the norm or has some alien decided to mess with me :(....seems a little low wanted to see if i could try do the challange to.

Sad Panda
  • edited January 2012
    Think thats right Ben....I usually get 20/hr/table on 50....so seems about right.  Even tho the happy hour will increas the tables running, I think the avg number of raked hands per hour goes down a tad as the players are nittier.

BTW just snap folded AA when you check/called the K 6 2r flop and then check/min raised the turn.  Just the snap fold you people mess with my head so much you prob had nuffin and owned me :(

Played for happy hour.  Action on 100 was the most I've ever see.  Was on 18 tables and on like 10 lists for an hour and then it goes past 7 and snap all the 10 tables pop up and I'm unable to keep up and lkeep timing out and then all the games broke haha was jokes.

Still on 3 tables.  Gonna load p the tables again in a min  Made a profit that session.  Think I'm gonna play til 2am tonight.  Wanna get to 9 really so a long way to go today.

C4P Total - 6800
  • edited January 2012
    i get roughly 1k pts for 2 hour session including happy hour 12 tabling nl100-300