You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Cash 4 Points thread.....

Comments

• edited January 2012
    lol at beanah on waiting lists at 10am
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread.....:
    lol at beanah on waiting lists at 10am
    Posted by yoyo

whys it so bright outside?

I thought it was 10pm. back to bed for me obv!
  • edited January 2012
    Ok. So had a few difficult days....

First on Wednesday my wife had a very bad day at work so didn't play at all, had to be there for her.
    Than yesterday I had a very bad day at work - Basicly GM is giving me a hard time again, and to be totally honest I'm sick and tired of this! 

Well, don't want to bore you with this stuff, but I do have a serious thinking to do...

Basicly seriously considering quiting and giving poiker a go (if it won't work out will have to find another job) so would really appreciate some tips and advice from some of the pros here.,..

How was it for you to start a pro carriere?? How did your family took it?? What sacrifices did it take?? How do you keep your discipline etc???

Would really appreciate any advice or tips. Feel free to PM if necessary....

Oh,,,

C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 8.618

• edited January 2012
    Now up to 11,000 and fed up of poker, have played silly hours this month lost discipline and spewed money (albeit out of existing profits) and took out most of my BR today as I want something to show for January and help pay the bills next month. 

Now rolled to play £11 hypers so will just limp over the finishing line, 12-13k will be satisfactory for me and a nice tidy cash for points bonus to pay for a few footy matches! 

• edited January 2012

Quit the last session early last night, as I was feeling pretty ill, and, after way not enough sleep, woke up this morning feeling worse.
    Pretty certain, most of it is down to sitting staring at multiple SkyPoker logos for 9+ hours each day, for the last 19 days, and a majorly unhealthy attitude to food.

The doctors I am registered with have built new premises since I last visited, and very nice they are too.
    The very pleasant, smiley, doc, confirmed what I had suspected - that I am in surprisingly good health.......... for an overweight bloke in his forties. Sigh, rubdowns everywhere.

Decided on a chilled, 8 tabling session tonight, and a Jimmy Carr DVD on the unused screen, all of which meant my mood was very good.
    Spirits were further raised when I got Scotty to call his stack off with 1 pair, at a £0.50/£1 table. The fact that his pair was Aces, the money goes in preflop, and I have AJo, caused a small amount of concern, but the flop contained enough Queens and Tens, and I shouted the King in on the river, followed by an arms straight up in the air celebration (obviously this is in privacy of my office, and I wouldn't tell anyone, as it isn't appropriate behaviour for a 40-something).

A day with the kids tomorrow, so will keep the volume low-ish again, then look to grind from Sunday, and hope to get to 60K by Wednesday at the latest.

C4P 48345          (80.6% of target)
    After day 20 of 26 (76.9% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1943 pts/day 

• edited January 2012
    Pretty solid day.  Won a steady amount on cash (plus paid for my daily 200 donation into MTT liquidity) so happy.  Nothing amazing but will happily take these steady days from now until I reach 60k. 

Oh yh Jakally that hand was funny.  My reactions were pretty much the reverse of yours. :(  Oh well  I'm sure that I've lukcboxed you out of a few quid lately :)

I think part of the reason why I'm feeling more solid is that the psychological boost of being over the 40k.  It seems REALLY close now whereas in the 20s/30s it just seemed like an absolute mountain to climb.  With the priority freeroll points that are due, I'm only ~16k away which seems pretty easy!

C4P Total - 43642
  • edited January 2012
      Quick update on my progress.

Still grinding on small tournies and occasional 1 tabling NL10. Doing well and unusually playing well as well.And wooo broke the 500 mark for only the third time.

C4P 550
     Target: anything i get

After thinking about the things in this thread with these higher roll players( who personally i wouldnt want to tussle with) and the volume they are putting in. I am fairly certain that i am enjoying my poker a heck of a lot more than they are. Though i admire what they are trying and the effort they are putting in it all sounds too much like very hard work and therefore not as enjoyable as any recreational player would find the game.
  • edited January 2012
    Well just thought I will post my C4P target :). Finished even yesterday. After losing £70. So happy with that. Can't play until 7 tonight due to being busy playing hockey and few beers in the pub. But im confident I'll reach 4000,

C4P Total 3376

Target 4000
  • edited January 2012
       After thinking about the things in this thread with these higher roll players( who personally i wouldnt want to tussle with) and the volume they are putting in. I am fairly certain that i am enjoying my poker a heck of a lot more than they are. Though i admire what they are trying and the effort they are putting in it all sounds too much like very hard work and therefore not as enjoyable as any recreational player would find the game.
    Posted by Talon

Normally, I really enjoy playing.
    A large part of of that is being able to play when I want to, and to going to do something else when I don't want to play.

You're right though, this month isn't like that. I've been playing, on average, much tougher games, for longer hours, and often when I feeling tired.

Now the target's in sight, made an effort the last couple of days to chill a bit more, and felt that I've been getting a smile back on my face.

• edited January 2012

Tables have been good tonight, with a few of the regs absent, and therefore a good mixture of regs / non-regs.

Played around 8 tables, and watched the (last) Saturday Mastercash.
    Enjoy dipping into this most weeks, and will miss it.
    Hopefully the new schedule will be really good though, and am enjoying the current presenters and analysts (Redmond looked really relaxed on tonights show, and he worked well with James Hartigan).

3 winning days on the bounce.......wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

C4P 50219         (83.7% of target)
    After day 21 of 26 (80.8% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1956 pts/day 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: January Cash 4 Points thread..... : Normally, I really enjoy playing. A large part of of that is being able to play when I want to, and to going to do something else when I don't want to play. You're right though, this month isn't like that. I've been playing, on average, much tougher games, for longer hours, and often when I feeling tired. Now the target's in sight, made an effort the last couple of days to chill a bit more, and felt that I've been getting a smile back on my face.
    Posted by jakally
    Nice bluff mate ;)

Well done to you and the other sickos who have nearly reached the sumit! 
  • edited January 2012
    Roger Roger Ben calling in....the summit has been reached !

Stick a fork in me.....i'm DONE !

The most swingy month for me ever and i'm only up a tiny bit but the swings have been SICK. Feeling borderline happy and borderline mad because i won survivor tonight for £606 and now im only 100 quid up which has been the story of the month swing wise.

Nice to know i can relax a little now but i'll probably carry on but not at the pace i have been just for more rakeback. Good luck to the rest of you :)

• edited January 2012

im a giant fish

target not to donk any more monies to pryce6

• edited January 2012
    Talon - overall I have enjoyed this month, but a different kind of enjoyment.  It's really nice to have a goal to aim for, when usually I just play when I feel like, so that has been a bonus.  Also usually I only get 20-24k C4P, and while I doubt I will be getting 60k on a regular basis, I do think it has opened my eyes up that I should really be getting 30k min a month.

Ben - seriously impressive stuff mate!  I think you might be the first on the thread to make it there......think Peg1 and Ih8palace might ahve got to the 60k tho....but yeah amazing work esp on SnGs/DYMs.....shows that the liquidty in those games are still pretty healthy.

Greg - I got some money too :)  Pryce6 has enough money don't donk anymore to him plz

Ummm yeah so update on me.  

Very solid day again.  Nice profit on the cash tables.  Managed to win my daily 200 MTT BIs thru sats tho so even tho I didn't cash it didn't really cost me much.  Made it to the final 2 tables of the roller tho which for me is an amazing achievment.

Might play a little later on.  Try and hit 46k by the morning

C4P Total - 45354
  • edited January 2012
    im a giant fish target not to donk any more monies to pryce6
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    teehee

i only play one table too :) you must have got unlucky!
  • edited January 2012
    Roger Roger Ben calling in....the summit has been reached !
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Awesome stuff Ben. Well done.
  • edited January 2012
    Wow I really can't believe people are on 60k already, I'm pretty proud i've got over 100 points!

So continuing on from my last post, i've adopted a new strategy. What I've been doing (and I think you will all find this pretty bloody clever) is sitting on multiple cash tables BUT with the MINIMUM allowed.

Now hold up, I know what's coming. "but you can't win more than 20bbs in one hand." "you're ruining the game." What I will say is normally I would never be able to afford to multi table cash with these pros and earn the incredible cash for points I yearn for. Therefore by spreading my roll across 12 tables of 40/50nl but buying in for 4 and 5 quid I should be able to sneak over the 1k barrier by the end of the month.

When I don't fancy grinding my 10bb stacks, I like to sit at one table of 50nl with 20pc of my roll and stack a reg and then immediately move tables. I really don't like playing deep with these guys like Richtea, Jackl and Curt because they are so aggro! Once you are 200bb deep with these guys you have NO CHANCE. They just take you off hands for fun, and the weird thing is, when you do finally call one of their obvious bluffs, they only ever have top set! Amazing players.

But today as GregHogg said earlier I got pretty lucky in a hand vs him where I made a set. He ended up calling me with top pair which I think is a good call because i could easily have had 2nd or 3rd pair! That added a huge chunk to my roll and I'm very happy with how things are going. Unlucky Greg, I will buy you a pint in Luton next week when I come and rail some of you guys playing the tournament. Good god I'm excited.

C4P 311
  • edited January 2012
    Roger Roger Ben calling in....the summit has been reached ! Stick a fork in me.....i'm DONE ! The most swingy month for me ever and i'm only up a tiny bit but the swings have been SICK. Feeling borderline happy and borderline mad because i won survivor tonight for £606 and now im only 100 quid up which has been the story of the month swing wise. Nice to know i can relax a little now but i'll probably carry on but not at the pace i have been just for more rakeback. Good luck to the rest of you :)  
    Posted by Nutter5932

+1 to this. Had a 45 buy-in downswing in the middle of the month and still managing to show a profit. 14k points to go, plain sailing from here hopefully.
  • edited January 2012
    Wow I really can't believe people are on 60k already, I'm pretty proud i've got over 100 points! So continuing on from my last post, i've adopted a new strategy. What I've been doing (and I think you will all find this pretty bloody clever) is sitting on multiple cash tables BUT with the MINIMUM allowed. Now hold up, I know what's coming. "but you can't win more than 20bbs in one hand." "you're ruining the game." What I will say is normally I would never be able to afford to multi table cash with these pros and earn the incredible cash for points I yearn for. Therefore by spreading my roll across 12 tables of 40/50nl but buying in for 4 and 5 quid I should be able to sneak over the 1k barrier by the end of the month. When I don't fancy grinding my 10bb stacks, I like to sit at one table of 50nl with 20pc of my roll and stack a reg and then immediately move tables. I really don't like playing deep with these guys like Richtea, Jackl and Curt because they are so aggro! Once you are 200bb deep with these guys you have NO CHANCE. They just take you off hands for fun, and the weird thing is, when you do finally call one of their obvious bluffs, they only ever have top set! Amazing players. But today as GregHogg said earlier I got pretty lucky in a hand vs him where I made a set. He ended up calling me with top pair which I think is a good call because i could easily have had 2nd or 3rd pair! That added a huge chunk to my roll and I'm very happy with how things are going. Unlucky Greg, I will buy you a pint in Luton next week when I come and rail some of you guys playing the tournament. Good god I'm excited. C4P 311
    Posted by pryce6
    Lol it was a terrible call, i only called on the offchance you had been betting the fd and missed...

anyway... i wont be on 50nl for a while as I hae w/d some to pay for a new laptop and to pay the TKP bar bill at the wkd... sigh lol

yes ryan you got some too, so did tommyd, so did peg1... oh and you are all at Luton too. gonna hide my head in shame. I should not be allowed to play cash, its too dangerous.
  • edited January 2012
    Greg, you should be paying for a round of chilled water as the whole of TKP join you on your fat fighting crusade.
  • edited January 2012
    Congrats to Nutter for being the first to cross the 60k line!

Good luck to all still going for the Full House - home straight now.

Pryce6, there's still time...
  • edited January 2012
    Well my target was 10K to get back into priority.  Am glad to have gone way past that and am on:

C4P CURRENT 13,643

Now aiming for 17,000 C4P
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    Although this is nothing compared to you lot, I'm on target to make 4k points for the first time :)

Currently on 3087
  • edited January 2012
    On 1999 at moment, not really pushing for a target but 2000 is double what I normally get
  • edited January 2012
    C4P Target: 10.000
    C4P Current: 9.447
  • edited January 2012

Small loss today, but probably deserved worse, given the number of stupid errors I made.

Finding the first part of each session quite difficult, with multiple short handed tables, and two or three tables popping up (when a seat comes open) just as I'm trying to make some decisions.

BTW, has anybody had a table freeze on them last few days?
    Had two things happen. One where a table freezes completely, and another where action continues, but I can't click any buttons.

C4P 52733         (87.9% of target)
    After day 22 of 26 (84.6% of time elapsed)
    Rate Required      1817 pts/day 
  • edited January 2012
    Ummm I've had that before...not recently tho.  Also was nice to crack your AA this time :)

Ended up today losing a small bit.  Was up on cash but the 450 or so I did on sats/tournies really killed me.  Ran deep in the roller and lost a standard hand with 7 left and 5 paid.  Really unhappy with my other exits tho and think I am making some seriously crucial mistakes when 15-20bb....I'm simply 3bet jamming too light.  Gonna have to seriously look at that as my sharkscope must be so lol. Sky Poker Analyst FTW.

Points wise....well I'm not playing anymore today as I'm really tired.  Wasn't able to get in as many hours as I would have liked to today as I had some unexpected personal stuff come up.  Can't really play too mcuh on Tue/Wed as I have to be at the Sky studios from 9am for rehersals in the new studio.  Sat/Sun I will be busy winning SPT Luton leaving me with Monday/Thursday/Monday/Tuesday to get these points.  I was planning on playing the Friday night SPT warm up tournie but I may have to cancel that to grind.  Sigh I already booked the hotel - bye bye 47£.

C4P Total  - 47727

• edited January 2012
    First of all thanks for replying to my points guys.
     Right nice steady day today with a nice profit. Mainly due to one player losing a couple of buyins to me on the omaha table. BR increasing nicely and still having lots of fun.

C4P :  656
     Target: anything i can get.
  • edited January 2012
    Quit the last session early last night, as I was feeling pretty ill, and, after way not enough sleep, woke up this morning feeling worse. Pretty certain, most of it is down to sitting staring at multiple SkyPoker logos for 9+ hours each day, for the last 19 days, and a majorly unhealthy attitude to food. The doctors I am registered with have built new premises since I last visited, and very nice they are too. The very pleasant, smiley, doc, confirmed what I had suspected - that I am in surprisingly good health.......... for an overweight bloke in his forties. Sigh, rubdowns everywhere. Decided on a chilled, 8 tabling session tonight, and a Jimmy Carr DVD on the unused screen, all of which meant my mood was very good. Spirits were further raised when I got Scotty to call his stack off with 1 pair, at a £0.50/£1 table. The fact that his pair was Aces, the money goes in preflop, and I have AJo, caused a small amount of concern, but the flop contained enough Queens and Tens, and I shouted the King in on the river, followed by an arms straight up in the air celebration (obviously this is in privacy of my office, and I wouldn't tell anyone, as it isn't appropriate behaviour for a 40-something). A day with the kids tomorrow, so will keep the volume low-ish again, then look to grind from Sunday, and hope to get to 60K by Wednesday at the latest. C4P 48345          (80.6% of target) After day 20 of 26 (76.9% of time elapsed) Rate Required      1943 pts/day  
    Posted by jakally
    Forties?

Umm, Raise. (Nap).