You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Lyoness Open

Bernd Wiesberger £4win @ 16/1
    Christian Nilsson £2 e/w @ 50/1

Canadian Open

Robert Garrigus £2 e/w @ 50/1
    Noh seung-yul £2 e/w @ 50/1

4 x e/w doubles

Good luck guys
  • edited July 2012
    OK well as only Splashies has done his picks, I take it your all waiting to copy my tips ;-)

Lyoness

Shiv Kapur - 100/1
    Niclas Fasth - 80/1

Canadian

Jeff Overton - 50/1
    Bud Cauley - 50/1

E/W doubles as well.

NOTE: The european tour is Wednesday to Saturday this week so make sure you get your picks in today!!
  • edited July 2012
    cheers for reminder flash ill have a jeff juke now
  • edited July 2012
    Lyoness Open 1st round

Paul Waring 60/1 £5e/w
    Thomas Levet 50/1 £5e/w

Outright

Levet 50/1  Waring 66/1  Mikael Lundberg 66/1    all £5e/w

Canadian Open Outright

Bo van Pelt 30/1  £10 e/w
    Harris English 80/1 £5e/w
    Scott Piercy £5 e/w 50/1
    JB Holmes 66/1 £5 e/w

1st round

JB Holmes 66/1 £5 e/w
    Scott Piercy 50/1 £ 5e/w
  • edited July 2012
    Forgot to Post mine last night.

Austrian Open

I've gone for a couple of Swedes and an Italian:

Joel Sjoholm 60/1
    Had some good results, still looking for that first win, but big price in this field.

Niclas Fasth 100/1
    Shown glimpses of good form recently, a big price in this field.

Lorenzo Gagli 50/1
    Had some good results last season and after a relatively quiet 2012, signs are he is ready for some big weeks again. 

Canadian Open

Tim Clark 60/1
    Supposedly a ball strikers course and not a long course, Tim Clark fits the match at a big price!

Graham De Laet 70/1
    I really think De Laet is going to win his first event on the main tour before too long, so why not his national tournament! (OK a Canadian hasn't won this event since 1954 and DeLaet has only made the cut in one attempt out of three, but this is a new venue for DeLaet and believe me DeLaet is a winner in waiting).

Ricky Barnes 110/1
    Another player looking for his maiden win, but with recent form and good 'ball striking' strengths, 110/ gets my money!

• edited July 2012
    Just noticed man in form, Flash is also on Niclas Fasth, the omens are good!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Lyoness Open + Canadian Open) Years Profit: -£221.00:
    Just noticed man in form, Flash is also on Niclas Fasth, the omens are good!
    Posted by TheDart
    I was also tempted by Gagli, but I felt 50/1 was a bit short from some1 who hasn't fully established themselves on tour just yet.

I thought Kapur would be my best bet, but that doesn't seem to be the case! 
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open Championship) Years Profit: -£201.00:

still think 6 or 7 under will win it
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Wd on Ernie - Missed out myself on all bets but was happy to see him win - Top Guy

Nice predicyion for the result as well as think you posted that when Scott was about 10 under with a few chasers behind him 
  • edited July 2012
    Backed Tim Clark £2 e/w 66/1 as main bet.
    3 big prices:K.Duke 80/1,B.Harman 100/1 and flashies man S.Stallings 100/1(really impressed with him last week and 100/1 too big against this field)all £1 e/w.

gl
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open Championship) Years Profit: -£201.00:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open Championship) Years Profit: -£201.00 : Wd on Ernie - Missed out myself on all bets but was happy to see him win - Top Guy Nice predicyion for the result as well as think you posted that when Scott was about 10 under with a few chasers behind him 
    Posted by MP33
    cheers mate and hope u had a good time down at it.

i predicted that score on the Friday evening knowing the winds would be getting up , in theory if i really believed they'd come on the Saturday too then i shouldve predicted 2 under would suffice!!!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Open Championship) Years Profit: -£201.00 : cheers mate and hope u had a good time down at it. i predicted that score on the Friday evening knowing the winds would be getting up , in theory if i really believed they'd come on the Saturday too then i shouldve predicted 2 under would suffice!!!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Had gr8 time cheers apart from looking like a betroot. As anyone who,s been to Open,s before will know its a good idea to take some sun cream

Don,t know where this guys been recently. I,ve not heard of him for a while now but he,ll be feeling confident after todays round and can hopefully put another good round in tommorow
    Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    RBC Canadian Open 2012(In-Play)
    Stuart ApplebyWinner 44£5.00£215.00
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Lyoness Open + Canadian Open) Years Profit: -£221.00:
    Lyoness Open 1st round Paul Waring 60/1 £5e/w Thomas Levet 50/1 £5e/w Outright Levet 50/1  Waring 66/1  Mikael Lundberg 66/1    all £5e/w Canadian Open Outright Bo van Pelt 30/1  £10 e/w Harris English 80/1 £5e/w Scott Piercy £5 e/w 50/1 JB Holmes 66/1 £5 e/w 1st round JB Holmes 66/1 £5 e/w Scott Piercy 50/1 £ 5e/w
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Wow Bell, I though the 2nd place with Levet was a good result, but big congrats on Scott Piercy!!

First round leader is a very difficult market to crack, well done!
  • edited July 2012
    Well I had to go to plan B pretty early this week and dabbled on the in-play markets for both events:

Austrian Open

All made on day one during the first rain delay.

Thomas Levet 50/1 
    Levet  was on the radar and i think I would also give credit to Bell Poker for selecting him and reminding me Levet is playing well

Oliver Wilson 50/1

Felipe Aguilar 60/1

Canadian Open

Made after 25 minutes of play, with 20+ players on the course

Troy Matteson 100/1
    He was leading at the time on -2 after 3 holes

Vijay Singh 50/1

Good Luck everyone!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Lyoness Open + Canadian Open) Years Profit: -£221.00 : Wow Bell, I though the 2nd place with Levet was a good result, but big congrats on Scott Piercy!! First round leader is a very difficult market to crack, well done!
    Posted by TheDart
    cheers dart aye im running pretty well on the golf this week which is always nice!!

van pelt going rightly as well so nice sweats for outright also for both and would still even give JB a squeak.

course record including 2 eagles quality stuff shows exactly what you said about being tough market to craic to be true but its been a kinder market for me of late than the outrights, albeit it with my selctions usually placing on first day but even so getting me a few bob back and covering the outright bets.

was getting nervous as william mcgirt had 23 footer to go level on last hole but missed and i was a happy chappy!!  : )

the big shout out though must go to greg owen who doubled his first (10th) and was plus 3 thru 2 holes only to equal the old record by going minus 10 thru his remaining 16! smashing stuff
  • edited July 2012
    Can't believe what larrazabel is doing out there. After RD1 I thought he would walk this!!
  • edited July 2012
    Lyoness Open Bernd Wiesberger £4win @ 16/1 Christian Nilsson £2 e/w @ 50/1 Canadian Open Robert Garrigus £2 e/w @ 50/1 Noh seung-yul £2 e/w @ 50/1 4 x e/w doubles Good luck guys
    Posted by splashies

Please Garrigus HOLDDDDDDD!
  • edited July 2012
    GLGLGLGLGLGL !!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Lyoness Open + Canadian Open) Years Profit: -£221.00 : Please Garrigus HOLDDDDDDD!
    Posted by splashies
    followed your bets 1 in 1 to go ,going to lay off on bet fair 8to5 nice profit assured
  • edited July 2012
    good luck splashies if piercy and the Bo-miester cannae do it then I hope you get garrigus bet up
  • edited July 2012

3 way tie with 3 to play.

Edge of your seat or pacing around your living room Splashies?

Impossible to call, hope Garrigus can do it, best of luck!!!

• edited July 2012
    I want to shove Garrigus' putter right up his rear! I can't watch anymore.
  • edited July 2012
    Congrats Bell. To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

• edited July 2012
    WD Mr poker. UL Splashies, but that must still be a nice return... Ill get a bit for Bud Cauley T4 but as it was a 3 way tie I'll only get about £30 or sumin.
  • edited July 2012
    hard luck splashies and thank you. open winner, austrian 2nd and canadian 1st rnd and outright the golfs been kind to me this past 7 days. didnt notice til earlier you got the austrain winner so congrats for that.
  • edited July 2012
    cheers flash and well done on Cauley
  • edited July 2012
    The REAL golf was kind to be today. Played our club championships this weekend. I shot an 86 yesterday (+15) which is my handicap, that put me in 9th. Then today I shot 81 (net 66) and won the monthly medal, overall Club champs NET and 6th on gross for club champs... Give it a few more years and I'll be on the PGA tour lol.
  • edited July 2012
    Good stuff Flash, I may request odds for you to win a major in next 10 years :P

Still waiting for laddies to settle my bets. Think I'll get around £140 bk in total this week from £20 staked. Could have been a whole lot better though.

Good interview from Garrigus at the end there, which makes me feel less angry towards him.
  • edited July 2012
    first in the portfolio for the last major in a fortnights times is Vijay.

He'll need to get the putter working but if he can then he'll be a big danger to all, has had some good showings this year and after 15 consecutive new major champions before the Big Easy, wouldn't it be just typical for his great rival to follow him in after years at the top table!!!

USPGA Outright

Vijay Singh 125/1  £5 e/w
  • edited July 2012
    WGC Bridgestone

Long tree-lined course this week at Firestone with relatively small, but very fast greens. I got my shortlist down to about 10 players. My first two picks jumped off the page at me.

Rickie Fowler £3 e/w @ 33/1 - T2 here last year.
    Graeme McDowell £3 e/w @ 40/1 - Played well most of the year and will love the fast greens.

Finally I had planned on Franceso Molinari being my final pick. Tee to green there aren't much better but i just always worry about him on the greens.

So instead, Louis Oosthuizen gets my vote, purely because of his price. 66/1 is much more appealing than Molinari's 50/1. Especially as Louis is 33/1 with some bookmakers. He also has much more experience than Francesco at contending in the States.

Louis Oosthuizen £3 e/w @ 66/1

• edited July 2012
    This isn't a major, so GTD either Donald or Westwood will win. lol... I'll check the odds etc later..