You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Stuck £5 on Rafa Cabrera-Bello @ 8/1 when he was 1 shot off the lead and in good shape for birdie on a par 5. Sadly he's knocked in a few bogies since!!!!!!
  • edited August 2012
    Free £5 bet on Colsaerts @ 7/1.

Want him to win to make ryder cup.

Be lucky.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Barclays + Johnnie Walker) Years Profit: -£100.75:
    well thats just typical padraig ive put the kitchen sink on you all year and wanted a slight breather as my pocket was feeling the strain!!!!!! to be fair im delighted its a big big statement to Olazabal but hell need to keep it up. heres hoping the great man does!!! picks this week not great, not even sweat for 1st round but Jim Furyk in particular will go super low tomorrow ive a sneak feeling of it!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    make that super high rather than low Mr Furyk!!! tsk tsk groan sigh. and padraig has self destructed an all although nico colsaerts doing exactly the same today in scotland do they want this ryder cup place/pick at all???

last thing i want is kaymer going, hes been so out of form its untrue. at present the only thing the big german has going for him is the accolade of being former world number 1 which might strike a bit of fear into any possible ryder cup opponents. seemingly now he'll be going in the 10th spot, poulter should be picked then its a lottery for the other pick.

anyway there seems to be some decent scoring thus far in 3rd round moving day at the barclays so im hoping michael thompson can have a solid round and remian in contention. hoping being the operative word......

• edited August 2012
    Graham DeLaet - 300/1 ew, I've not been able to resist recent 3 figure prices on Delaet, even when perhaps course conditions were not ideal, that said he still posted some good scores / results. This week Bethpages length should play in to the hands of Delaet and as I've said before I think he's close to a big win. Of course it's a big ask in this field where so many of the top players have good course form, so I will also be edging my bets on 45/1 ew for top ROW and 10/1 for a top 20 finish.

great shout this
  • edited August 2012
    Blooming second last week then second and third this.What makes it worse is I've backed Watney so many times this year.Him and Mahan I just can't catch.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Wyndham) Years Profit: -£100.75:
    European tour I think Molinari should win this, but I'm not going to back him at 11/1 so gone for a bit more value. Alex Noren 25/1 Peter Lawrie 66/1 PGA Matt Kuchar 45/1 G-Mac 40/1 Used a £5 free bet to do e/w doubles.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    You picked the wrong 1 sigh!

Good tipping The Dart and jackda!
  • edited August 2012

Well done all who won this week.
  • edited August 2012
    Chuffed with DeLaet's result, particularly after an opening +4 on day one that had him back in 104th.

He started the last day in 43rd, which got worse as he made two early bogey's, but then played the last 13 holes in 8 under including making a 25 foot birdie putt on the last, which give me a pay out on 3 decent bets.

Good conclusion for me as I backed Watney 33's and Rumford 66's in running on day one and also had a nice ew double on the pair.

• edited August 2012
    European Masters

Jimenez - 30/1
    Siem       - 33/1

Deutsche Bank

Snedeker - 25/1
    Estes        - 250/1

All £4 e/w and 50p e/w doubles
  • edited August 2012
    Deutsche Bank

First Round Leader ew first 5

Graham DeLaet - 100/1, I've got to start the week with a Graham DeLaet bet and I've took him at 100/1 for first round leader.

I can find a lot of positives, consider the 54 hole scores for days 2-4 at Bethpage and DeLaet scored 3 shots better than anyone else, he didn't have to contend with any emotional pressures of contending, as he was never on the leaderboard until he had finished and other players came back to him.

Last Sunday morning he wasn't even in the field this week and now he's assured of playing next week, so no added pressure there, though he is now looking to make the top 30 on the Fed Ex points. Delaet is not adverse to getting off to a flyer, he lead the Sony Open by 2 after day one at the beginning of the year and overall his round one scoring has been better than most.

On the negatives, no course form to go on and this week's venue suggests that's Delaet's strength off the tee will not be such an advantage, but for an in form player going into the event on a massive high and sporting a play off beard ;), 100/1 is well worth a speculative investment. An early morning tee time would be nice!
  • edited August 2012
    A bit late in the day I know, but anyone wanting to know who the Racing Post are tipping tomorrow and so beat the prices before they drop:- Noren in Europe (main bet) plus Mannesero, Luiten, Woods and Stenson. In the US, Johnson (main bet) plus Dufner, Ogilvy, Scott and Leishman. 

I'm plumping for Noren and Dredge (nice 100/1) in Europe. And Johnson and Watson in the US. 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Omega + Deutsche Bank) Years Profit: -£115.75:
    A bit late in the day I know, but anyone wanting to know who the Racing Post are tipping tomorrow and so beat the prices before they drop:- Noren in Europe (main bet) plus Mannesero, Luiten, Woods and Stenson. In the US, Johnson (main bet) plus Dufner, Ogilvy, Scott and Leishman.  I'm plumping for Noren and Dredge (nice 100/1) in Europe. And Johnson and Watson in the US. 
    Posted by joesman1
    I,ve been betting on Dufner for a while but since he keeps being up there his prices are getting thinner

Just heard Phill Mickleson has dropped out of the top20 for the first time in x amount of years. Once he gets his driving fixed he should be a good price to start backing again
  • edited August 2012

For the Deutsche Bank.

Brandt Snedeker     £ 2.50 E/w  25-1
    Jason Dufner          £ 2.50 E/w   20-1
    Jason Day              £ 2.50 E/w   50-1
    Martin Laird            £ 1.00 E/w   100-1  for 1st round

• edited August 2012
    I'm having a week off guys. I won't be around to watch any of the action this week, apart from Sunday. No doubt will have a cheeky in-play bet then.

Good luck with your bets.

• edited August 2012
    good luck with De Laet, The Dart, i know you like having a tickle on him the last few weeks and aprt from a rubbish day 1 hed have been bang there so seems ideal for the 1sdt round market.

i fancy dufner, snedeker and scott all to be bang there, but im not gonna get anywhere fast backing all 3 at 25/1 and 20/1 respectively, also having scudded him last week think Furyk could go well and 50's not a bad price at all for him and Poulter after buzzing about Rayder cup pick, even though he missed cut here last year, I think im right in saying he was out of sorts then?

but ive decided to stick with one and only one. last week a disaster given recent weeks ongoing heater so im expecting it will probs be a disaster again but goin 1st round and outright both with BLAKE ADAMS. Mentioned him a few time here, consistently making cuts, shooting very low on day 1's and all round pretty consistent though i would like to see him just begin to drift away from the pack in the right direction rather than being there and there abouts before drifting the wrong way. why not this week........ ttied 10th here last year with 4 solid, if not spectacular rounds. one day going low he'll be bang there come the Monday with ability to shoot a few under par all 4 days. hopefully for purpose of 1st round bet hell go low on the Friday (remember it starts on Friday this week!!!!)

BLAKE ADAMS 1ST ROUND 125/1 £5 E/W
    BLAKE ADAMS OUTRIGHT 200/1 £5 E/W

in europe i feel a bit short changed as Ive thomas levet both 1st round and outright @ 50's, same stakes as above, bet at the magic sign without checking prices elsewhere and lo and behold ive come home from work and seen hes bloody 66's at the very least across the board!!! blast! anyway as long as he touches then stuff the 16 points. picked him as hes been in good form of late, took a month off like but cest la vie well see what happens.

also 2 quid e/w ticklers on Frederick Anderrsson Hed both markets @ 80's and 100's following his good tied 3rd last week
  • edited August 2012
    Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Omega European Masters 2012
    Paul LawrieWinner 23£5.00£110.00
    Just for some xtra interest and it would be no suprise if he won it

EDIT - Just saw his name on here recently - so backed him
    Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfitOmega European Masters 2012Bradley DredgeWinner 230£2.00£458.00
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Omega + Deutsche Bank) Years Profit: -£115.75:
    Deutsche Bank First Round Leader ew first 5 Graham DeLaet - 100/1, I've got to start the week with a Graham DeLaet bet and I've took him at 100/1 for first round leader. I can find a lot of positives, consider the 54 hole scores for days 2-4 at Bethpage and DeLaet scored 3 shots better than anyone else, he didn't have to contend with any emotional pressures of contending, as he was never on the leaderboard until he had finished and other players came back to him.   Last Sunday morning he wasn't even in the field this week and now he's assured of playing next week, so no added pressure there, though he is now looking to make the top 30 on the Fed Ex points. Delaet is not adverse to getting off to a flyer, he lead the Sony Open by 2 after day one at the beginning of the year and overall his round one scoring has been better than most. On the negatives, no course form to go on and this week's venue suggests that's Delaet's strength off the tee will not be such an advantage, but for an in form player going into the event on a massive high and sporting a play off beard ;), 100/1 is well worth a speculative investment. An early morning tee time would be nice!
    Posted by TheDart
    Perfect draw, going off in the third group from tee 1, the stage is set!

• edited August 2012
    Omega Masters

I'm being patriotic for the Omega masters and rooting for an English win.

Chris Wood - 35/1 ew, recent win in Thailand, gone close a few times on the European tour and has shown up well here before.

James Morrison - 100/1, overpriced for a player who has been knocking on the door for some time, well capable of making top 5.

Lee Slattery - 150/1, another who is overpriced, debut win last year and talks confidentially about getting his second win, but he's not all talk and is another who looks to have a real chance of making top 5.

Michael Baldwin 150/1, late addition to the field, meant last minute unplanned bet for me, first tournament back last week after a break and missed the cut easily, I'm expecting a return to form and prominence on the leaderboard from Baldwin this week.

Deustche Bank

Lee Westwood - 28/1, after a dip, Westwood is creeping back to form almost unnoticed by the bookies, great 5th place finish last week and has linked up with Tony Johnstone to work on his short game which can only be good.  28/1 on a 10/1 shot is not too be missed!

Louis Oosthuizen - 30/1, playing very very well, also tied 5th last week, not afraid to win, I like his chances this week.

Padraig Harrington - 66/1, Bell Pokers' mate could go well this week, now the distractions of Ryder cup qualification are out of the way, if he can avoid that one bad round he keep's throwing in Padraig will be right up there.

Graham De Laet - 125/1, I have to back the man in form, last week it was about Delaet having the potential more than others, to take advantage of Bethpage, this week I'm not sure the course will suit, but form and confidence must be sky high, so no way am I ignoring 125/1!

Good Luck all!
  • edited August 2012
    Well today reminded me of why backing Siem is such a nightmare! Looking so good, up there as joint leader then he gets to what the commentators described as a hole you are looking for birdie, and he makes a double bogey! Good signs though that he got to -5, let's hope he can make the fairway a bit more tomorrow.

As for Jimenez, well I'm gob smacked TBH, top 10 the last 4 years on the bounce with 1 being a win, yet after day 1 he is +6 and T146th and that's even with a birdie on his 1st hole.
  • edited August 2012
    Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit Omega European Masters 2012 Paul Lawrie Winner 23 £5.00 £110.00 Just for some xtra interest and it would be no suprise if he won it EDIT - Just saw his name on here recently - so backed him Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit Omega European Masters 2012 Bradley Dredge Winner 230 £2.00 £458.00
    Posted by MP33[/QUOTE
    ]

Whoops sorry blame me!!   Least he's not last, 10 over par sneaks him into 2nd last.  So that's 2 of us done our dough on him. Well one good thing, it's been a while since I've been able to say I'm joint leader in the US on a Thursday night. 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Omega + Deutsche Bank) Years Profit: -£115.75 :
    Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit Omega European Masters 2012 Paul Lawrie Winner 23 £5.00 £110.00 Just for some xtra interest and it would be no suprise if he won it EDIT - Just saw his name on here recently - so backed him Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit Omega European Masters 2012 Bradley Dredge Winner 230 £2.00 £458.00 Posted by MP33[/QUOTE ] Whoops sorry blame me!!   Least he's not last, 10 over par sneaks him into 2nd last.  So that's 2 of us done our dough on him. Well one good thing, it's been a while since I've been able to say I'm joint leader in the US on a Thursday night. 
    Posted by joesman1
    what??? i didnt think it kicked off til tomorrow??!
  • edited August 2012
    I think that was the joke Bell lol
  • edited August 2012

ahhhh rite. would have been clearer if it had said CO leader then!!!!  and there was me watching miss marple thinking i was missin it for a second

• edited August 2012
    At the Omega, I added a 5th Englishman, Danny Willett at 66/1 and doubled him with a fellow young gun from across the pond, Bud Cauley at 66/1.

Also repeated one of my winning bets from last week taking Graham DeLaet for top ROW ew at 25/1, first four.
  • edited August 2012
    i know its only 2 holes in but good start for De Laet birdying second! the sweats on :)
  • edited August 2012
    i know its only 2 holes in but good start for De Laet birdying second! the sweats on :)
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Yes I saw he was -1 after two and joint leader after half an hour and he even holed a 32 footer for par on the third and then I had to go out.

It seems the Graham DeLaet train has run out of steam, oh well it was fun and profitable for a while.

I am not happy to see Seung Yul-Noh on 5 under after 7, I was so close to backing him at 150/1 this week, but ruled him out in the end as despite a really good run of cuts made he has never really threatened a top 5.

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Omega + Deutsche Bank) Years Profit: -£115.75 :
    Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit Omega European Masters 2012 Paul Lawrie Winner 23 £5.00 £110.00 Just for some xtra interest and it would be no suprise if he won it EDIT - Just saw his name on here recently - so backed him Back (Bet For) Odds Stake Profit Omega European Masters 2012 Bradley Dredge Winner 230 £2.00 £458.00 Posted by MP33[/QUOTE ] Whoops sorry blame me!!   Least he's not last, 10 over par sneaks him into 2nd last.  So that's 2 of us done our dough on him. Well one good thing, it's been a while since I've been able to say I'm joint leader in the US on a Thursday night. 
    Posted by joesman1
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    You cost me £2  - Tied 145th lol

Still glad i had a bet as my other was Paul Lawrie for a fiver who i,m now considering looking again at his price and maybe laying him off or wait and see

EDIT Can lay him at 11/5 so could take 33 quid now - Still long way to go as well 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Omega + Deutsche Bank) Years Profit: -£115.75 : ------------------------------------------------------------ You cost me £2  - Tied 145th lol Still glad i had a bet as my other was Paul Lawrie for a fiver who i,m now considering looking again at his price and maybe laying him off or wait and see EDIT Can lay him at 11/5 so could take 33 quid now - Still long way to go as well 
    Posted by MP33
    So did u lay or not???
  • edited September 2012
    gonna put a chunk of me Fred Anderrsson Hed outright e/w returns on DJ who is 22/1 @ PP. always twists and turns on the last day and as much as Louis is a good bloke and terrific golfer and id like him to hold on for a deserved win after a good season i can see him self imploding tomorrow, he has previous this year on a couple of occasions.

wonderful 65 from Dustin today and in pure terms of value alone at this stage between the top 4 (and thats what im judging it on) he most definately needs to be the call 

£30 win DJ 22/1
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Omega + Deutsche Bank) Years Profit: -£115.75 : So did u lay or not???
    Posted by joesman1
    No - Got greedy - Shudda done really as he was 2/1 after the 1st hole on Saturday - which at the end of the day is not good with so many players close up behind and he was  only just halfway through the touranment

(Thats why i dont back EW) I normally lay em off if they get close as well - nevermind