You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (HSBC Champions) Years Profit: -£130.75

Comments

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season:
    Just had a look at the money list odds for 2012. I think Webb Simpson could be in for a good year @ 16/1. But by far the standout odds are Keegan Bradley @ 100/1!! Since the guy burst onto the scene half way through the season he has been rock solid. No way is this guy 100/1. By no means would I say he is the favourite, but who would of thought Luke Donald would of done what he did in 2011... I think McIlroy will win the R2D this year comfortably. Doubt I will bet on it though as the odds are too short for a year long bet. I've put £5 on Bradley, and I might ring up Sky and get them to place the double. What would the odds on the double be Mr stats man? 100/1 + 9/2
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well if I want this double to pay up then this week is going to be crucial. Need them both to get good finishes with ideally Keegan ahead of Rory as Rory is slighlty infront of Keegan on the PGA list. It would be handy if Rose didn't have a good week as well in terms of the R2D
  • edited August 2012
    1st round leader bet stuffed but im holding out hope Closaerts can shoot really low this afternoon and have an inkling he may do so. the rest looking ok. after day 1 the 2 id like to be on are Rose and Jamie Donaldson , thought the altter played some very nice stuff and 100/1 too big for the priomise showed. And Van Pelt impressed too apart form a horror 7 on a par 4 which he then when birdie birdie next two!
  • edited August 2012
    I've been out of touch with the real world for the last couple of weeks and just read the post for the tips for the Bridgestone and the big love-in for Keegan Bradley, have to say fair play to Bell and Flash, again, you guys are on a real good roll, excellent tipping lads!

As for the USPGA, Bell is looking in good shape again!!!

A bit late in the day, but I'll declare my bets for the USPGA:

Ante Post

Gmac 40/1
    Kuchar 40/1
    Rose 40/1
    Harrington 45/1
    Oosthuizen 50/1
    Van Pelt 70/1
    Dyson 175/1
    Cabrera-Bello 250/1

In Running

Poulter 60/1
    Curtis 100/1
    Singh 125/1
    Fernandez-Castano 300/1

and I'm waiting to pull the trigger on Tim Clark 80/1 ish and Trevor Immleman 60/1ish, should they get off to a decent or even steady start today.

• edited August 2012
    I didn't mention it on here, but I noticed Rory was 20/1 at the start, and after his decent finish last week I decided to do a £5 win only with him. Looking good at the moment, hopefully Stricker can feature as well this evening
  • edited August 2012

looking good til final round then unmitigated disaster. only poults to cheer and ive never really been a fan (im being nice here) but fair do's he had a great tourny. sad day for golf when mr ill turn up to the 4 majors and a further 4 tourneys all year wins the years last big accolade. and if u say squat back home (as ive done all nite dash weekend) ur getting dirty looks galore, give me gmac padraig darren, even peter lawrie shane lowrie and michael hoey any day of the week but hoestly i cannot have mr mcilroy it must coincide with my dislike of conceited up their own ar s e holes pr ats

but well done to those who backed!!!! terrific golfer by the way.  but thats not the be all

• edited August 2012
    Well played Rory! It's quite frightening how he can pull off a performance like that after a relatively mediocre season.

No european event this week, just the Wyndham in the states. Will probably gamble and try and find 1 or 2 really longshots for this 1.

wd flash on Rory btw.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (USPGA Championship) Years Profit: -£77.75:
    looking good til final round then unmitigated disaster. only poults to cheer and ive never really been a fan (im being nice here) but fair do's he had a great tourny. sad day for golf when mr ill turn up to the 4 majors and a further 4 tourneys all year wins the years last big accolade. and if u say squat back home (as ive done all nite dash weekend) ur getting dirty looks galore, give me gmac padraig darren, even peter lawrie shane lowrie and michael hoey any day of the week but hoestly i cannot have mr mcilroy it must coincide with my dislike of conceited up their own ar s e holes pr ats but well done to those who backed!!!! terrific golfer by the way.  but thats not the be all
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Just cos you lost! lol

I get what you mean though, but what an awesome life he has!
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (USPGA Championship) Years Profit: -£77.75:
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (USPGA Championship) Years Profit: -£77.75 : Just cos you lost! lol  I get what you mean though, but what an awesome life he has!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    ahhaahha yeah pure pocket talk!!! lol i souldnt have posted the conceited etc cos it was a running joke down our boozer between us who had our monies elsewhere against the rest of the bar who were rightly cheering him on!! it dosnt look too hot when typing it on here apologies young rorster!!! but here like case in point hes been turning up the past few weeks cos theyre big weeks and lo and behold wins his second major!!! you need match practice its the same as any other sport! hope he keeps it up and sticks to a tour and plays every week. hes a young guy and no excuse not to be out there all year long with the rest. has a raw talent that in my generation of golf only tiger of yester year could rival in my eyes but even the greatest cant serve it up cold turkey

well done a second of what id presume will be many more if he keeps his eye on the prizes ahead
  • edited August 2012
    Got my picks in early doors. No European tour this week so that will save me some money.

Really gone for a mixed bag this week, but there are some crazy odds around, not sure what's going on.

Carl Petterson : After last week and this year in general, you would be crazy not to back this guy! Very impressive at Kiawah Islands, and also got a good finish here last year when he was nowhere near as hot as he is now. 16/1 £10 win only

Jamie Donaldson : Not some1 I would jump out and back normally as he doesn't have the experience of playing in the US, but with a good performance at the USPGA and a win only a couple of months ago his odds are ridiculous! 80/1 £5 e/w

John Daly - Can't believe I am backing this guy, but form is form, and he has been making an appearance for a few weeks now, sooner or later he is going to pop up with a top 5 finish. a juicy 125/1 £5 e/w
  • edited August 2012
    nice picks all 3 had caught my eye and agreed some nice odds to be had outside the top 5 or 6 in the betting

john daly is an utter ledge. hes been in good solid form of late. and the donaldson price as you said is too good to be true for a guy at the top of his game. but agreed Petterson looks the one, and the 20's in places rates good value in my book

others ive considered are Lucas Glover @ 200's, Scott Brown 250/1 and Garth Mulroy @ 300's

ill try to wittle them down to 3 and a usual crack at the 1st round market
  • edited August 2012
    rightio backed 4 x £2 e/w outright ticklers on Glover , Brown and Mulroy as above, and also John Daly 125/1.

Main bets

Petterson 18/1 outright £20
    Arjun Atwal 150/1 £5 e/w

both are tournament winners and at closer examination there seems to be a steady number of returning winners so happy with these 2, also wouldnt discount 2 time winner of this Davis Love 3rd to go well before leading his troops out in the upcoming Ryder cup.

Other notables with previous course form are Ryan Moore and David Toms amongst others but im happy with what I have and concentrate on 1st round leader market which I tend to have a flutter on,

Petterson 25/1 £10 e/w Atwal 125/1 £5 e/w

finally both of these guys have spent a fair numbe rof tourneys at the top end of leaderboard end of day 1 so in a field missing alot of big names ill be backing both first round leader

Ken Duke and Blake Adams £10 e/w each both 66's
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Wyndham) Years Profit: -£100.75:
    rightio backed 4 x £2 e/w outright ticklers on Glover , Brown and Mulroy as above, and also John Daly 125/1. Main bets Petterson 18/1 outright £20 Arjun Atwal 150/1 £5 e/w both are tournament winners and at closer examination there seems to be a steady number of returning winners so happy with these 2, also wouldnt discount 2 time winner of this Davis Love 3rd to go well before leading his troops out in the upcoming Ryder cup. Other notables with previous course form are Ryan Moore and David Toms amongst others but im happy with what I have and concentrate on 1st round leader market which I tend to have a flutter on, Petterson 25/1 £10 e/w Atwal 125/1 £5 e/w finally both of these guys have spent a fair numbe rof tourneys at the top end of leaderboard end of day 1 so in a field missing alot of big names ill be backing both first round leader Ken Duke and Blake Adams £10 e/w each both 66's
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    When will I learn to stop keep taking the opening odds! 

NOTE TO SELF! Wait till Wednesday to place bets and get better odds!
  • edited August 2012

different bookies if sky go best price i do it there but i prefer doing it in cash at local shop/s cos if you win you dont blow it like monopoly money!

• edited August 2012
    I only use Sky because that's where all my poker and betting money is. They were 16/1 on Monday, but I checked and he is 18/1 on Skybet as well... Quite often I see the odds increase slightly by the time it get's to Wednesday.
  • edited August 2012
    Tim Clark £5 @33/1
    John Mallinger £2 e/w @ 66/1
    Blake Adams £2 e/w @ 66/1
    William McGirt £1 e/w @ 80/1

Thinking behind selections is basically bad tourny so pick mainly longshots whose names are near top of leaderboard a lot recently.(till now)

gl
  • edited August 2012

Picks for Wyndham Champiosnhip

Nick Watney 40/1
    Creeping back to form, if he is even close to his best this week, 40/1 will look silly.

Ryan Moore 50/1
    Very consistent season, has looked like a winner in waiting and won this tournament in the past, I'm certainly hoping for a place return.

Andres Romero 55/1
    Patches of good performances, when he does click he can compete with anyone.

Ricky Barnes 150/1
    I like his price in this field, if he had been half that price he'd have made my short list, but 150/1 is well worth a punt.

Graham DeLaet 150/1
    I seriously believe this guy is going to win before the end of the season, I'd have preferred a long course that would play to his strength of being one of the best drivers on tour, but there are other attributes to his game that will get him up the leaderboard.
    I'm surprised he's 150/1, maybe it's because he's Canadian :)
    I've also backed him ew at 22/1 for top rest of the world player.

• edited August 2012
    Carl Petterson   £ 5.00 win  18-1
    David Toms      £ 2.50 E/W 28-1
    Josh Teater      £ 2.50 E/W 50-1

Good Luck !!!!
  • edited August 2012
    Been ridiculously busy this week so didn't get a chance to put any bets on. Will probably wait until after round2 is complete before i bet.

Good luck all.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Wyndham) Years Profit: -£100.75:
    rightio backed 4 x £2 e/w outright ticklers on Glover , Brown and Mulroy as above, and also John Daly 125/1. Main bets Petterson 18/1 outright £20 Arjun Atwal 150/1 £5 e/w both are tournament winners and at closer examination there seems to be a steady number of returning winners so happy with these 2, also wouldnt discount 2 time winner of this Davis Love 3rd to go well before leading his troops out in the upcoming Ryder cup. Other notables with previous course form are Ryan Moore and David Toms amongst others but im happy with what I have and concentrate on 1st round leader market which I tend to have a flutter on, Petterson 25/1 £10 e/w Atwal 125/1 £5 e/w finally both of these guys have spent a fair numbe rof tourneys at the top end of leaderboard end of day 1 so in a field missing alot of big names ill be backing both first round leader Ken Duke and Blake Adams £10 e/w each both 66's
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Nice 1. Can't see -8 being beaten. I was going to bet on him just before he tee'd off but they had closed by then :(.

How on earth did David Mathis shoot -7 today? If you have the PGA tour app, look at his shot tracker, he was constantly leaving his putts 10ft short or 10 ft too hard, he even chipped in when it looked like he was going to make bogey so made birdie instead. Can't see him being near the top mucch longer unless he improves tomorrow.
  • edited August 2012
    Stuck £2.50 on Harris English @ 80/1.

Only 4 shots off lead at -4 and out early today.

Very well done Bell again. This is quite some heater you're on.
  • edited August 2012
    yeah cheers happy with that got a good sweat too with chasing pack behind!

great shout on Harris - I've backed him several times this year would be nice if he could win even though I've not backed this time. having a blinder today at minus 6! as is chad campbell at - 7
  • edited August 2012
    Early pics this week as on my Jollies... (home for 2nd round)... Bubba 28/1... and although it's not quite September yet..... 2nd pic is Mr September, Steve Stricker also 28/1... Look through his record shows he turns it on for the play offs. 
  • edited August 2012
    European tour

I think Molinari should win this, but I'm not going to back him at 11/1 so gone for a bit more value.

Alex Noren 25/1
    Peter Lawrie 66/1

PGA

Matt Kuchar 45/1
    G-Mac 40/1

Used a £5 free bet to do e/w doubles.
  • edited August 2012
    previous good course form here in 2009 Us Open and good form when it hits this time of year in this very tournament plus an absolute neccesity to win for Ryder cup purposes put Sergio high on my list for this a fortnight ago, little did I know however that he would go in a week early!!!! congrats that man, nice to see hell be playing come end of September.

But a mixture of the same reasons have been behind my picks so lets hope the homework wasnt all in vain and Im branching out on the european tour this week to boot, 2 of Sergios fellow countrymen who went well at Gleneagles in the Johnnie Walker last year. Worth a punt they will feed off his success and maybe my first choice of the pair give another fellow spaniard , ryder cup captain Olazabal a headache when it comes to his 2 picks.

PABLO LARRAZABAL £5 E/W OUTRIGHT 40/1  £10 E/W FIRST ROUND LEADER 50/1
    IGNACIO GARRIDO  £2 E/W OUTRIGHT 100/1  £2 E/W FIRST ROUND 100/1

A very tough looking Barclays and many can be given a shout, including Tiger who has won a US Open here 10 years ago, an in form Zach Johnson (at a big 66/1 IMO), a victorious last time out Sergio, a bang back to form this year Vijay Singh whos Barclays record is incredible and a whole host of others.

Although his current US points standing of 11th for Ryder Cup selection, his wealth of experience and his excellent recent form should get him one of Davis Love's 4 picks, Im fully expecting a resurgeant Jim Furyk to be right there come Sunday evening, seemingly with a point to prove after his disasterous end to the recent Bridgestone when double bogeying the last cost him what seemed a certain victory, and this time around cement his place in the final 12 next month. A recent winner of the overall Fed Ex (even though had a hiccup in this tournament when missing his tee time!!) he also went very close to clinching the US open at Olympic. The Bentgrass greens there proved no problem for most of the weekend and he'll find the same conditions at Bethpage this week.

JIM FURYK £10 E/W OUTRIGHT 50/1 £ 5 E/W FIRST ROUND 50/1

Final selection is a huge price, and Ive been waiting on backing him since the aforementioned US Open when steamrolling into an impressive 4 shot lead on the first day, and did fantastically well to keep himself in conention throughout for a wonderful tied 2nd finish.

I have an inkling this course could suit so will happy to have a flutter considering the strength of the mans putting, Olympic was not the first time which it caught my eye this season, and in hope as much as anything that he could get off to another sensational flyer!  

MICHAEL THOMPSON £2 E/W OUTRIGHT 300/1  £5 E/W FIRST ROUND 200/1

Ricky Barnes led all week at the course until final day here in 2009 US Open and may also be subject to a little tickle in 1st round market @ 150/1 , but no more than a tickle.
  • edited August 2012
    Can only afford to pick 1 player on each event this week, as I want to keep some money back for weekend footy.

Barclays

Steve Stricker £2 e/w @ 25/1 - Will want to play well to secure a captain's pick for Ryder Cup (I'd imagine he is pretty much nailed on barring a disaster) and also as Joesman syas, this is his time of year.

Johnnie Walker

Marcel Siem £2 e/w @ 33/1 - 3 top 10's in 7 starts here and much improved this year.

£1 e/w double @ 883/1

Good Luck
  • edited August 2012
    Barclays at Bethpage

I don't think I have ever seen a betting market like the Outright at Bathpage, the first 12 in the market are all priced 25/1 or less in the worst case odds.

I'm very much on the name of Graham / Graeme this week:

Graeme Mcdowell - 40/1 ew, in great form, most consistent record in majors this year and what I really like is, that I was on GMac for the 2009 US Open at Bethpage and I recall Gmac was in the wrong side of the draw for the weather conditions which were horrendous, but he 'won' that side of the draw and went on to finish top 20, even though conditions conspired against him. Plus his game has obviously come on leaps and bounds since 2009.

Graham DeLaet - 300/1 ew, I've not been able to resist recent 3 figure prices on Delaet, even when perhaps course conditions were not ideal, that said he still posted some good scores / results. This week Bethpages length should play in to the hands of Delaet and as I've said before I think he's close to a big win. Of course it's a big ask in this field where so many of the top players have good course form, so I will also be hedging my bets on 45/1 ew for top ROW and 10/1 for a top 20 finish.

Bo Van Pelt 50/1 ew, just in case it's a bad week for people called Graeme / Graham, I'm also on Bo Van pelt, always near the top of the driving stats which should be vital this week and must be growing in self belief based on the high level of consistency he has brought to his game.

Johnnie Walker at Gleneagles

Mathew Baldwin 100/1 ew, In my opinion this guy is the real deal, in his first season on tour he finished 5th at the Scottish Open and if it wasn't for a double bogey on his 71st hole at the British Open he would have finished tied 9th, instead of a still credible tie for 23rd.

Marc Warren 50/1, former winner of this event and had this years Scottish Open in his grasp (not sure if that's actually a good point), but I'll give him a go at 50's.

Rafa Cabrera-Bello 40/1, needs a big week and probably a win to force his way in to the ryder cup team.
    When I was checking recent results at Gleneagles I was sure I would find Cabrera-Bello's name on at least a couple of yearly leaderboards, but to my surprise he's failed to make the cut in 3 attempts!  I'm ignoring the course form at my peril, as I believe that today he is the type of player that should find the course and conditions to his liking and he's maintained his form virtually all season.

I'm also going for the doubles this week, including a life changing double of DeLaet and Baldwin.

Good Luck All!!!

• edited August 2012
    For the BARCLAYS

Zach Johnson     66-1   £ 2.00 E/w
    Ian Poulter         50-1   £ 2.00 E/w
    Bo Van Pelt         50-1   £ 2.00 E/w

Good Luck. I need some.
  • edited August 2012
    D johnson £4
    H Mahan £3
    B snedekar £2 e/w
    D toms £2 e/w
  • edited August 2012

well thats just typical padraig ive put the kitchen sink on you all year and wanted a slight breather as my pocket was feeling the strain!!!!!! to be fair im delighted its a big big statement to Olazabal but hell need to keep it up. heres hoping the great man does!!! picks this week not great, not even sweat for 1st round but Jim Furyk in particular will go super low tomorrow ive a sneak feeling of it!

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! 2012 Season. (Barclays + Johnnie Walker) Years Profit: -£100.75:
    well thats just typical padraig ive put the kitchen sink on you all year and wanted a slight breather as my pocket was feeling the strain!!!!!! to be fair im delighted its a big big statement to Olazabal but hell need to keep it up. heres hoping the great man does!!! picks this week not great, not even sweat for 1st round but Jim Furyk in particular will go super low tomorrow ive a sneak feeling of it!
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Unlucky Bell, I know you are a massive fan of Padraig, he was on my shortlist this week and I'm also kicking myself, I remember his post US Open interview when he said he found playing US Open type courses 'easier' than standard tour events, I know the set up isn't exactly US Openesque, but Harrington must have been feeling confident and looking froward to this week.

As for my own bets, it definitely wasn't a day for men called Graham / Graeme, I don't know what happened to GMac, he will probably put it down to just a bad day at the office and shoot a sub par round today, as for DeLaet, well he played like a 300/1 shot :(

I've still got some live bets, so all is not lost. (Yet!)